Search found 19 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Here's some more info from the A&EHCA website about Mt Barker and Bremer/Callington returning to A Grade:

MT BARKER AND BREMER/CALLINGTON FLAG A GRADE RETURN

The Mount Barker and Bremer/Callington Cricket Clubs have announced their return to the Alexandra and Eastern Hills Cricket Association A Grade competition in 2018/2019.

The two clubs last fielded teams in the premier grade in 2011/2012 when the A&EHCA A Grade competition featured a record 11 clubs.

During that season, Mount Barker failed to win a match and Bremer/Callington finished the season in ninth place.

Since then, both clubs have been steadily rebuilding and are now ready to compete at the top level once again.

Bremer/Callington are coming off a successful 2017/2018 that saw them finish minor premiers before going on to defeat Nairne in the A2 Grade grand final.

The Cobras boast a side packed full of young homegrown talent including two sets of brothers who have been performing particularly well over the past few seasons.

The Leigh brothers (Stewart and Xavier) and the Fitzgerald brothers (Nathan, Johnny and Brandon) are all Callington locals who have been central to the club’s recent success.

Bremer/Callington are yet to win an A&EHCA A Grade premiership since the association was formed in 1983/1984 with their last taste of success back in 1969/1970 when they took out the A Grade premiership of the Mount Barker and Eastern Hills Cricket Association.

Mount Barker narrowly missed out on playing finals in the A2 Grade competition last year but showed signs that they are a club on the rise.

The Kookaburras have a proud history and have enjoyed plenty of success over the years, however their last A Grade premiership was 25 years ago.

Talented young Mount Barker locals such as Rhys Paterson, Jackson Lane and Deklan Porter have proved more than capable at A2 level and will further benefit from competing against the A&EHCA’s top players.

A&EHCA President Joe Hill has applauded both clubs for making the big step up.

“It’s fantastic to see both clubs so committed to developing their youngsters over the past few years,” Joe said.

“They’ve invested a lot of time and effort and now it’s beginning to pay dividends.

“It’s healthy for our association to have as many clubs as possible striving to compete at A Grade level so we congratulate Mount Barker and Bremer/Callington for taking the step up.”

The Ashbourne Cricket Club has indicated that it won’t be fielding an A Grade team in 2018/2019 which would see nine clubs competing at the top tier.
by limb
Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks for the heads up Caleb, I’ll check out the hahndorf page, Great to see two new teams in the A grade comp, I think Hahndorf should be fairly strong, I’ve heard a few ex meadows players may be heading there? How are Callington looking? I don’t really know a lot about them.
Always a shame to see clubs drop sides and even worse,fold completely. That said those two clubs are fairly close location wise does that mean Strathalbyn and the Creek may be the main benefactors from this?
by Buffet bowler
Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Disappointingly the Milang Mozzies have folded again after making a reappearance last season with a B Grade team
Ashbourne are also struggling having gone from 3 teams in 2016/17 to 2 teams last season and now this year are only nominating the 1 team that being A2. Certainly worrying times for the "Bulls" as well as the association.
On a positive note, Hahndorf appears to have become a destination club nominating 3 Senior teams up from 2 teams last season and only 1 team a few years b4 that.
Macclesfield are also putting in 3 Senior teams for the 1st time since God only knows when.
Bremer Callington looking to put in 3 teams? Indicated 2 at the AGM but now with Thommo captaining the ship the club appears to be sailing into fruitful waters :o Have heard they've been flashing the cash around a bit in an attempt to lure a few players, not sure whether they've landed any big fish tho?
by jackpot jim
Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bremer Callington came back to earth with a thud after an opening win in A Grade last Monday.
Taking on Strath on the Cally turf, B/C crumbled for only 64 off only 26.4 overs. A pretty disappointing effort. so the reason is?
1/ Didn't recover from a 5 day break?
2/ Pitch wasn't in great nick?
3/ Just outclassed by a better team?

Strath knocked the runs off 1 down off only 12 overs

Woodside hung on in a thriller over Nairne by 2 runs.
Nairne certainly dont look as imposing without the Tait brothers in it but i'd suggest they still had a few out including captain Peanut.

Wistow got off to confident start to their season with Kinlough and Jenner racking up the runs in a total of 2/ 251
Mt Barker put up a creditable effort to 211 all out off 41 overs

All eyes were on Hahndorf as they rolled out their transformed team with numerous recruits. Being sent into bat by an undermanned Creek team which is certainly not unusual early in the season, Hahndorf looked on track for a sizeable score cruising to 0/60 against some wayward Creek bowling. On the back of some brilliant catching, Hahndorf collaped to 4/76 until they steadied the ship through prized recruits Sloon Tait and Grayden Brand as both took few risks in just picking off the loose balls which were all to often from the inexperienced Creek attack. Hahndorf finished on 6/243 helped no end by an astonishing 46 sundries :shock: :oops: mainly consisting of wides and no balls.
Creek replied with a solid 6/179 off their 45 overs but were never really in it as they lacked batting fire power to take on the lot more experienced and disciplined Hahndorf attack who tho not really threatening to take wickets, just bowled in good areas to restrict run scoring.
Creek youngsters in Van Wyk 67 and 16 y.o. recruit from Mt Compass Shannon Jones 44* n.o. both showed plenty of potential to play important roles for the Southern Tigers this season.
Too early to tell how big a force Hahndorf may be as playing a Creek team with only 3 of last seasons semi final players certainly isnt a true test.
With Mt Barker and B/C coming in along with Hahndorfs transformed team it certainly has added a lot of interest and intrigue to the season which is great.
by jackpot jim
Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ive hit a 6 on Echunga No. 2
Does that count as a "Big Tonk" ? :lol:
by jackpot jim
Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Grassroots cricket is in a fair bit of trouble, more and more people are time poor and even the junior numbers seem to be weakening, the low conversion of juniors to seniors is an issue also. T20 is probably the only way forward for grades under A grade. Playing midweek, Friday/Sunday twilights etc, the game and associations need to find a way to adapt somehow, not easy.

Interesting that one of the Coro teams are playing in the Hills T20 comp, testing the waters?

Coro are using the hills 2020 comp to get some of their younger players introduced to the format IMO. Looking at the sides Coro have rolled out against meadows and flaggie they were missing many of their first choice a graders. Had a few that have come through the development squad from the last couple of years playing. The side is mainly made up of B and C graders with a handful of A graders

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
by Keefy
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BDT - Meningie "In Principle" Merger for 2023

Hills Football League will be the next league to start going down this path. The difference between the div 1 sides and the div 2 sides is so massive and with so many div 2 sides struggling for numbers and overall competitiveness its only a matter of time.

Also helps when the board actually want the Div 2 clubs to wither on the vine
by Dutchy
Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BDT - Meningie "In Principle" Merger for 2023

Hills Football League will be the next league to start going down this path. The difference between the div 1 sides and the div 2 sides is so massive and with so many div 2 sides struggling for numbers and overall competitiveness its only a matter of time.

Fair point on numbers. Don't think a grade in div 2 has been this even or competive or in many a year though.
by batmanbegins
Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Echunga only had one team missing the U18s. It is up the Clubs to approve or deny the Board just implements the Constitution. Echunga may have been able to show that their junior numbers coming up into U18 next year would see them fill a team so if thats the case its a sensible decision.

If theres other Country Div clubs that have the quota of all teams then why not let them play Div 1.
by wazzal77
Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Definitely love the work that some of the clubs have done (Eg. Bridgewater and Ironbank) combining to get teams on the field is alot better than those kids going elsewhere to play or not even playing at all.
by Barkeroo
Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

I think playhq is the worst site on the internet, I'd love to know who is making bank from the change from mycricket sportingpulse etc.

absolute pile of dogcrap imo
by Armchair expert
Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA

Blame the clubs Moe, not ASCA.
They can only be guided by what clubs tell them.

If you were unhappy with Happy valley in Sect 10 last season, I look forward to you meeting Warradale .
B Grade teams in Section 10 is a joke... soft option at the highest level
by whitepointers
Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA

Blame the clubs Moe, not ASCA.
They can only be guided by what clubs tell them.

If you were unhappy with Happy valley in Sect 10 last season, I look forward to you meeting Warradale .
B Grade teams in Section 10 is a joke... soft option at the highest level

Agreed, clubs just nominate teams without any regard for others in the association. it doesn't affect them when they forfeit but theres still 11 blokes each game that miss out on cricket. The forfeit fee should be increased (i realise it was voted down this year) to make it hurt more, and even consider sending the fee to the club that suffers (via ASCA) to offset the costs of oval hire etc.

No B grade team should be that low ever.
by footy1992
Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Could there be a bigger embarrassment to Cricket in Australia than PLAYHQ

They have gone from a system that worked perfectly fine to a disaster

Cricket Australia is doing a brilliant job of destroying grassroots cricket in this country

Keep feeding the top of the plant and you will have nothing left ...... bunch of well fed fools
by billy
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

https://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket/i ... 5ae5471383

Search and replace Cricket NSW with SACA and its the same story!
by heater31
Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So proud of my lad today.

My lad plays U14's for a district club and we needed about 80 in the last 10 overs when he went in. Personally, I gave us no hope as I'd never seen more than 40 hit in the 10 overs in this grade. Anyway, he scored 38 off 27 to help guide his team to a victory. He hit the biggest six I've seen in this grade, hitting the roof of the nearby shed on the full - which would be at least a 65 meter hit (on a 47/48 meter boundary oval). Two sixes, two fours and unluckily run out off a dropped catch by the bowler 7 runs away from victory. The boys got us home in a thriller with 1 ball to spare.

Well done mate, very proud of your efforts.
by gadj1976
Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lobethal win it!
Batted first and made 166 and bowled Langhorne Creek out for 91 :shock:
by Barkeroo
Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AdFL Tribunal Listing

I'd be happy with a level of 'good behaviour' coming into play to diminish 'old' suspensions, but I think what some people consider to be a long enough period is no where near long enough.

In general society, you'd want 10 years of nothing on your record before you started to say to a court you've been well behaved.
So lets compare that to footy, roughly 90 minutes per game in AdFL. So after 300 games you've played footy for less than 20 days.
People saying not belting someone in a 10 year career is a great effort. Pfft. If I belt someone in society every month no one is going to say I have a good record.

If you can't go 500 hours of footy without hitting someone you don't deserve to play the game, IMO.
by Trader
Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Northern Rainbows
LGBT

Lobethal, Gumeracha, Birdwood, Torrens valley
by doubletrouble
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |