Search found 327 matches

Return

Re: AFL Round 5 - New style

DOC wrote:Thought Wilke was very good. What a find he has been.

Terrific pick up. Rarely beaten one on one, neat skills, smart decision maker.
by saintal
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

40 overs in TVCA JackpotJim.

Did try 45 for one season back in 17/18, but clubs complained games went too late (we start at 1pm, not 12:30 like AEHCA)
by saintal
Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 1st Semi Final

Terrific performance from South. Attacked the footy hard, pressured the Bays into errors, kept running for four quarters, generally used it pretty well and always had somebody to kick to in the forward half.

The club name their best as: M. Karpany, P. Hunter, E. Wilkinson, J. Horne, H. Sampson, M. Broadbent.

Karpany's best game for the club after a forgettable 2020 to date, Hunter is an enormous presence, Wilkinson along with Mccreery were dangerous smalls, Horne has a mature head on his shoulders. Also thought Highmore was very good down back.

In 2016 and 2018 we were exposed 'on the outside' come finals time, but with the likes of Sampson, Andrews, Milsom, Bogle, Horne, McCreery, Wilkinson there is no shortage of dash from the younger guys.

Other than the first 15 mins and periods in the final term the Bays never looked like stringing enough good passages of play together to threaten. As already mentioned by some their skills were woeful at times. 7 of the top 9 "dream team" points scorers were Bays' players for what it's worth. Either it's a relatively useless performance measure, or suggests they had too many possessions that had no impact on the game. Or both.

The umps were whistle happy. A few too many "AFL" holding the ball calls made.

Ends a run of 4 straight finals losses for South, stemming back to the 2014 prelim v Power Reserves.

South and St Kilda both winning finals on the same weekend...2020 really is a unique year :shock:
by saintal
Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

This post could also apply to the shits/laugh/sad threads, but a quick skim through afltables.com and australianfootball.com confirms that last weekend was the first time ever that St Kilda and South Adelaide have both won a final in the same season. :roll: :lol:
by saintal
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final Eagles v South

PanthersFan wrote:
DOC wrote:Yes if fit he plays as does Brown.

Who would you drop Doc? Kappler and Whittlesea? Whoever is left out is very unlucky.

Brown in for Kappler would by my preference.

Fitt for Whittlesea not quite as sold on, thought the latter was serviceable last week but on the other hand do rate Fitt...
by saintal
Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

I thought the atmosphere was pretty good given only 1/10th of the ground's capacity was filled. Seems a lot of South supporters came out of the woodwork, certainly had the majority of the support.
by saintal
Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 SANFL Grand Final North v Eagles

Well done Eagles, well deserved.
by saintal
Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Been pretty quiet on here, but it’s roughly half way through the TVCA season

Gumeracha (7W, 1D, 1L)- Their flag to lose. The return of C. Sumner has provided another quality all rounder.
Eden Valley (5-2-2)- Should break a long finals drought. Some handy recruits from the Barossa.
Palmer (5-1-3)- Will miss Woollard come finals time but doing enough to stay in the hunt
Cambrai (3-2-3)- Up and down season but at their best can beat anybody in the comp
Lenswood (3-2-4)- Best all-rounder departing 3 weeks in was a hurdle, batting has been a concern
Paracombe (1-2-5)- Lack punch with the ball, top order not making the runs of past seasons
Birdwood (0-2-6)- Another spoon seems highly likely.

In the B grade Mt Torrens have been dominant as many predicated. Half their team are more than capable at A Grade level but attitude was questionable the past few years. Cambrai will be their biggest threat, while Eden Valley will also play finals. Paracombe and the two Lenswood sides to fight out for 4th spot. Reigning champs Gumeracha have struggled with a very different looking line up this year, while Palmer and Birdwood will battle for the spoon.

Can anybody comment on how the HCA clubs have adjusted to all one-dayers? Meadows don’t seem quite as dominant as a result perhaps.
by saintal
Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7f/SmashingPumpkins-Gish.jpg

I'd overlooked this album until now, what a mistake that was. An unheralded grunge classic that paves the way for "Siamese Dream," another grunge classic.

Rhinoceros would be close to my favourite Pumpkins' tune.
by saintal
Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your clubs best 22

B: Hunter Clark, Dougal Howard , Callum Wilkie
HB: Nick Coffield, Jake Carlisle , Ben Paton
C: Brad Hill, Brad Crouch, Zak Jones
HF: Jade Gresham, Tim Membrey, Dean Kent
F: Josh Battle, Max King, Dan Butler
R: Rowan Marshall, Jack Steele, Dan Hannebery
Inter: Paddy Ryder , Jack Billings, Ben Long, Jack Higgins

Good recruiting.
I reckon the jury’s still well & truly out on all you’ve highlighted bar Howard, Membrey & Butler.

Jack Steele has been the best of our recruits (not highlighted earlier)
by saintal
Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port writes to AFL over SANFL grievances....

Davies has a very punchable face.
by saintal
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2 Port v Centrals Saturday 1410

PPHFC by 1 point

Port Power Hypocrites Football Club?

You are a complete moron. I'll type it in full for idiots liker you in future.

Peter Page Hyundai Football Club wearing red white and blue to win by 1 point.

Unlike you Captain whingey to not recognise champagne comedy when you see it.

I smirked at the original post, keep up the good work DOC.
by saintal
Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R5 Norwood v South Friday 7.40PM

Undefeated South Adelaide ( I normally stop posting that in Round 2) go to Norwood looking to have their best start to a season for quite some time.

South’s starts to seasons in general have been very good since 2014:

2014- Won 5 of first 6 (lost prelim)
2015- Won 4 of first 5 (finished 6th)
2016- Won first 6 (straight sets finals exit)
2017- Won 5 of first 6 (6th)
2018- Won 4 of first 6 (lost elim final)
2019- Won 4, drew 2 of first 7 (6th..again)
2020- Won 4 of first 5 (lost prelim)

With the exception of 2016 when only 4 minor round games were lost, a 3-5 game losing streak has occurred at some point later in each of those seasons.
by saintal
Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Podcasts

Inside the Big Day Out - A Double J production, if you ever went to a Big Day Out, do yourself a favour and listen to this 6 part series.

5 Stars

Thanks for the recommendation- was a great listen/insight. Episode 3 was obviously a tough one though.

Certainly made me sentimental for the days of going to festivals (and gigs for that matter), really missing live music currently.

Made a nice change of pace from the Casefiles I've been working through lately (mostly Adelaide/Aussie ones at this stage, with the exception of Jonestown). I actually don't mind the host's robotic/monotone style, find it easy to follow and stay engaged with. Excellent podcasts overall though.
by saintal
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R7 Sturt v Centrals Saturday 1310

Kirkwood would have to be one of the more universally respected players in recent times. Well done on a fabulous career.
by saintal
Tue May 25, 2021 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R10 South v Norwood Monday 1410

Joel Cross..what a champ. Been a privilege to watch the majority of those 199 games. Recall being at his first game at Woodville back in 2011..combined well in the centre with Nick Liddle who’d come across the year before, 'feeding' Wundke who was also playing his first game for the club. Joel's kicking was a little untidy in those early years, but that was soon addressed and he became one of the top players of the past decade.

His durability is worth noting..from what I can gather he’s only missed 2 games in his time at South- 1 in each of 2017 and 2018 (possibly due to the passing of his father as noted above..cant recall exactly).

Not many reach the 200 game milestone in the SANFL anymore. Have to respect that loyalty and commitment in the age of chasing an early pension in country footy.
by saintal
Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL MRP News & Discussions

3-4 felt about right, 2 is very light on.
by saintal
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

The 3 and a half year drought ends for Torrens Valley. :shock: After a few ugly drubbings in recent weeks it was looking as though another winless season was on the cards, but they knocked off Birdwood 7.6 to 5.8 at Mt Pleasant for their first win since dropping back to Div 2 in 2018. Would have lost roughly 50 straight games before today.

There are some loyal locals that have stuck by the club during this period, I’m sure it’ll be a night to remember :drinkers:
by saintal
Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2021

Your post led me onto afltables as was interested about the marking stats.

Was surprised to find no current players in top 30, given the somewhat chip-chip nature of modern football. (Kade Simpson the most recent retiree on the list)

Nick Riewoldt on 2944 will take some catching.
by saintal
Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round COVID 19

Well done to Boak. One of the more likeable 'big name' players in the league, both on and off the field.
by saintal
Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Preliminary Finals

8.2 to a solitary point that quarter, awesome to watch. For most of us..
by saintal
Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Preliminary Finals

Prelims are normally the best games of the finals series. As a neutral, would these be the worse two Prelims in history :shock:

Geelong and Port both getting pumped by 10+ goals..na. Being a Saints man a dose of schadenfreude is about all I can cling to in September. :lol:

All BS aside, both games had an entertainment element to them. Two teams playing slick, attacking and skillful footy when they had ball in hand, and defensively were very difficult to penetrate* Sets it up for a cracking GF.
by saintal
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Keefy wrote:Uraidla by plenty over Lobethal in the prelim today

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Surprised at the ease in which Uris demolished Lobey twice in three weeks.
by saintal
Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just the two seasons for Rose Park. Narrowly finished 5th both years in the A’s, although on their day were as dangerous as the leading few teams particularly with the bat on the tiny Houghton Oval. By the second year they were forfeiting a lot of B Grade games, and the core of their A’s were older guys. The amount of travel involved would have been a factor I’d imagine.

And yeah, you’d think Cambrai and Palmer would end up going to Murray Towns and for Eden Valley the Barossa seems logical, although they attract guys from that comp who are looking for a more laid back environment. That would leave Birdwood, Lenswood, Gumeracha and potentially Paracombe, although the close proximity to the north-eastern suburbs could present them other options.
by saintal
Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary final Glenelg v South

F*** :?

Every goal was a grind tonight, felt as though nothing happened easily or cohesively forward of centre unlike the previous fortnight.

The tall timber of Cailotto, Overall, Nobes, Haren and yes even Skinner had minimal impact, the latter not taking a mark.

3 goal kickers isn't going to win you a final. Fitt and Wilkinson couldn't get near it.

Inferior in the air. Only 50ish marks for the game.

Didn't utilise the positive clearances differential.

22 down at 3/4 time, had the first 9 inside 50s but could only muster 4 behinds. 1.7 in the final term :? :?

Horne obviously our best- will watch his career with interest. Sampson best of the rest. Haines did some nice things one-on-one but disposal was iffy at times. O'Neill worked hard, bit sloppy. Schwarz a big second half. Summerton battled well on McBean.

Thanks Joel Cross, been a pleasure to watch. And to personal fav Schwarz if that's curtains for him also.

Terrific atmosphere there tonight. Enjoy next week Bays' fans. Clearly the better team tonight.

57 years. F***
by saintal
Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Magarey Medal

Well done to the winners.

Good overall coverage/package by C7, moreso than the brownlow.
by saintal
Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://torrensvalleyca.sa.cricket.com.au/common/pages/public/rv/draw.aspx?entityid=3174&id=RVFIXTURE

TV fixtures are out. Appears you were right Saintal and Mt Torrens are gone. Good on Lenswood for getting 3 teams together again.
Have Mt Torrens folded? Very sad if true..

Mt Torrens fielded a B Grade team last season, on the agreement they would return to A Grade this season. They predictably won the B Grade flag with ease, 4-5 guys particularly dominant. They approached the association, requesting to remain in B Grade for various reasons. This was rejected by the committee and other clubs. Personally I was disappointed they didn't have a crack at A's, particularly fresh off a premiership.

There was then a push for them to field a combined B Grade team with Athelstone CC (who would also submit a team into our A Grade comp). This was also rejected by the association.

So from what I understand they will be playing in Para Districts instead. Whether it's a standalone Mt Torrens team, or one under the banner of another club (ie Athelstone) we're not sure yet, but would assume it's the latter. Either way it's disappointing, but not overly surprising, that they wont be in the TVCA this season. With most of their team from last season nearing 40 or past it, the long term future looks(ed) rocky.

Gives further weight perhaps to a hills-wide association where clubs can find their suitable level over time.
by saintal
Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A month of the season done already..

Paracombe 3-0 The surprising ladder leaders, experienced top order making the bulk of their runs and managing to defend a couple of modest tallies
Palmer 2-1 Have lost half their GF team from last season, including highly influential T. Rathjen. Hasn’t stopped them recovering from an opening loss to Birdwood to chalk up two wins since
Gumeracha 2-1 Collapse in Round 1 v Paracombe but have been winning since. Will again be the team to beat
Eden Valley 2-2 Strong opening to the season before losses to Gum and Palmer. Have a solid team on paper, perhaps a bowler short though
Birdwood 1-2 Round 2 victory against Palmer ended lengthy losing run. Stronger batting line up than prior years but lacking bowlers
Cambrai 1-3 Missing a few regulars in the early rounds, should recover and play finals yet again.
Lenswood 1-3 The opposite situation to Birdwood at Lenswood, a reasonable bowling line up when on song but 3 straight double digit scores indicates batting is very thin

In the B’s it’s early days but a youthful Lenswood sit as ladder leaders although Cambrai will be my early tip for the flag. Gumeracha are looming as the other major threat if they field their strongest 11, while Paracombe and Eden Valley will also push for finals spots. Birdwood have improved, while the other Lenswood side and Palmer will battle it out for the spoon.
by saintal
Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TVCA at the xmas break

Gumeracha 6W-2L. Still the team to beat. Atkins the best player in the comp currently.
Paracombe 6-2. Six straight wins to start the year before a couple of losses. Experienced heads contributing.
Eden Valley 6-3. Have been a little up and down but will take a confidence boosting win v Gum into the break
Cambrai 5-4. Skipper Greiger having a huge year. Will play finals once again, but can they get over their semi final hoodoo.
Palmer 3-5. Given their personnel turnover they've been quite competitive, but lack the depth of previous campaigns.
Birdwood 2-7. Are continually posting competitive scores, but short on some bowlers. Scott Burns of AFL fame a quality bat.
Lenswood 2-7. Ended a 7 game losing run v Palmer. Batting has been embarrassingly bad at times. 28 players used already so zero consistency.

In the B’s Gumeracha and Cambrai lead the way with 8 wins each from 10 games. Paracombe, Eden Valley and Lenswood all have 6 wins and will battle out for 3rd and 4th, Birdwood have shown some decent recent form, while Palmer may have done enough to hand the other Lenswood team the kitchen-ware.
by saintal
Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gumeracha spanked Eden Valley, 4/181 to 75. Disappointing from the Valleys, was expecting a tighter contest. Shaun Atkins with 95 and 3/20. Three flags in a row for the Magpies, and 5 in 11 years during the post Lobey/Woodside era.

Gum also won the B's, chasing down Cambrai's 5/151 with 3 overs to spare.
by saintal
Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2024

Does it concern anyone else the lack of goals in the SANFL in recent years. The tally of goals to win a Ken Farmer over the past 9 or 10 years has been about 50 goals? Not knocking the respective recipients but doesn't it say something about the look of the game and its entertainment value. Is it easier to coach a defensive game plan with the players available?

I watch a lot of footy with my 6yo son these days, and do occasionally ponder what the highlights and drawcards of Aussie rules footy might be for newcomers compared to say the 90s when I was growing up watching it. Certainly less scoring, high/contested marking and physical clashes (for better or worse).

10 minutes of number crunching suggests SANFL scoring has plateaued in recent years at around 70 points per team per game..

2024- 70.9
2023- 68.4
2022- 71.3
2021- 72.5
2020- 71.5 (shortened season)
2019 – 77.5

2016- 82.1 (first year of the 'last touch' rule saw a spike)
2015- 76.0

2006- 103.8 (cherry picked this season, as I recall it was high scoring and fun to watch)
by saintal
Mon Aug 26, 2024 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 11

Was a rare example of competent umpiring in 2022.
by saintal
Sat May 28, 2022 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 16

Always sweet knocking off the Tangerines 8)
by saintal
Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

UpThere wrote:Big sling tackle on one of the smallest blokes on the field in front of the umpire, I doubt itll be worth the appeal

Sproule laid a tackle?! That's one more than last season's tally :shock: :lol:
by saintal
Fri Aug 23, 2024 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 16 Sturt vs South

Dull game for the first 3 terms which produced just 9 goals in favourable footy weather. The game opened up in the last and South finished the stronger. The win gives the club an outside chance of a September appearance. Games to come are against West, Port and WWT- 3 wins and some luck are an obvious must.

Garthwaite, Brooksby, Haines, Ramsay and Sampson named best for South, while Voss was Sturt's standout.

Noted that only 1 of 8 teams kicked 10 goals or more today despite the conditions. Feel as though a number of games have been a chore to watch this season, saved to some extent by close finishes (ie 10 of South's 15 games have been decided by 2 goals or less)
by saintal
Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon

Booney wrote:Agreed, sounds like he wants to be offered a job, not the opportunity to present for a job.

If you can guide the two most historically inept clubs to grand finals you can obviously coach, but Ross has an ego the size of the MCG.
by saintal
Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TVCA fixtures are up. 7 teams in each grade.
Lenswood back to just the one team in B Grade Saintal?

Most likely, if we do scrounge up a third side we'll replace the current bye. Numbers/enthusiasm appears a bit lighter this season, and the weather has made having a hit difficult so far.

Not a heap of TVCA news. Two of last season's Meyer Shield team have moved clubs- Shaun Atkins (Gumeracha to Aldgate), Shane Druwitt (Lenswood to Woodside). Atkins dominated the comp last season, but Gumeracha have plenty of depth so will again be a prime contender. At this early stage it's difficult to see the top 4 from last season changing (Gum, Eden Valley, Cambrai and Paracombe)
by saintal
Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah that was the 2011/12 season that they had the combined Echunga/Mylor team and played A Grade in A&EH. Not sure if Mylor have had a stand alone A Grade in the Hills since?

30-40 years since Mylor were in A's according to the Courier. So that'll mean all clubs with the exception of Onkas and Basket Range will feature in the A's this season. Was a little surprised to read that Meadows will not have a second senior team.
by saintal
Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah that was the 2011/12 season that they had the combined Echunga/Mylor team and played A Grade in A&EH. Not sure if Mylor have had a stand alone A Grade in the Hills since?

30-40 years since Mylor were in A's according to the Courier. So that'll mean all clubs with the exception of Onkas and Basket Range will feature in the A's this season. Was a little surprised to read that Meadows will not have a second senior team .
Seems like there's a few clubs across different associations struggling with numbers this year. Lack of preseason training due to the weather hasn't helped at all.

The Mylor quote/details was via their current President, but you could be right Dutchy. Either way it's a great effort given they only had 1 team as recently as 20/21.

Yep, the dreary weather hasn't helped those who are a little more apathetic/casual about their cricket find enthusiasm. Seems there a few clubs in the AEHCA with increased interest, as I've read Langhorne Ck and Mt Barker will field 4 teams (up from 3), and Woodside will have 6 or 7 (up from 5 I think). I guess each season there are always a few ups and downs with regards to team numbers across the hills.
by saintal
Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: St Kilda

A caller on SEN earlier said the yearly automatic membership renewal came out of bank accounts on Wednesday this week. I wonder if they waited to announce the sacking until after the direct debits were made.

Apparently the Membership Marketing didn't have Ratten on it but Robert Harvey and a player whose name I can't recall.

Jack Sinclair. 2022 B+F winner and wears Harvey's #35. Wouldn't read anything into that.
by saintal
Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nearly 1/4th of the way through the TVCA season already. Shaping up a pretty competitive season with only the one standout side at this stage, and a few of last season’s battlers having improved (on paper anyway):

Cambrai- 4W,0D,0L. Some handy recruits with bat and ball sees them the team to beat this season.
Gumeracha: 2-1. A narrow loss to Cambrai followed by a couple of wins. Only 4 of last year’s premiership team have made an appearance so far.
Lenswood 1-2-1. Washouts have ruined two home games, while they snuck home on the final ball v EV. Better depth this season
Palmer 1-1-1. Will push for finals after a poor season last year. A little more depth while the rumoured return of T. Rathjen hasn’t eventuated yet.
Birdwood 1-2. Very young team who show promise with the ball but are heavily reliant on a couple of batsmen. Will surprise a few.
Eden Valley 1-3. A disappointing start for last season’s runners up, with a few key personnel missing. Struggling with the bat currently.
Paracombe 0-1-2 Yet to play a game at home due a wet oval, lacking depth this season but will tough to beat as always

In the B’s the usual suspects of Cambrai, Paracombe and Eden Valley will push for finals. Reigning champs Gumeracha have had to forfeit a couple of games, Lenswood should be competitive while Palmer and Birdwood will likely fight it out for the spoon.
by saintal
Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best and Fairest Winners for 2022

Top 10 B&F voting from Port Adelaide's SANFL side.

1. Cam Sutcliff - 128 (AR McLean Medalist)
2. Sam Mayes - 120
3. Nick Moore - 105 (Also won the Anthony Williams Medal for Most Dedicated SANFL player)
4. Taj Schofield - 100
5. Oliver Lord - 98
6. Dante Visentini - 84
7. Dylan Williams - 81
8. Sam Skinner - 71
9. Marty Frederick - 69
10. Jackson Mead - 69

Skinner 8th but they dumped him.

Had a very mediocre season from what I saw/read, was no surprise he was delisted.
by saintal
Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TVCA ladder at the xmas break..

Cambrai 65 points (6 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss). Yet to put their best 11 on the park. Will be the team to beat come March but can they overcome their finals hoodoo?
Gumeracha 50 (4-2-2). Lacking the depth of previous campaigns but they know how to win and their experienced guys keep delivering
Lenswood Ranges 45 (3-3-2). Showed what they’re capable of with comfortable win against Cambrai. Better depth with the bat this season
Palmer 30 (2-2-3). Tricky to assess. Feel like they could beat anybody, and lose to anybody.
Paracombe 30 (2-2-4). Have won their past couple after slow start to season. Light on for bowling but remain competitive
Eden Valley 30 (2-2-4). Would be disappointed with their season on the back of a GF appearance last season. Struggling with the bat.
Birdwood 20 (1-2-4). Early season form seems to have dropped off. Have the best young bowler in the comp but thin with the bat.

It’s been a season where teams have rarely gotten their best 11 on the park for numerous reasons (certainly at Lenswood we’ve had 2-3 missing most weeks), coupled with the lack of continuity due to rain and byes, it’s been an unusual season to assess where clubs are at.

In the B’s Paracombe, Cambrai and Eden Valley will play finals. Gumeracha have only fielded a team on 3 occasions but have won those matches to sit in 4th, while Birdwood, Palmer and Lenswood are a fair way off the pace.
by saintal
Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

AEHCA to play the HCA in Thursday’s Meyer Shield Final at Encounter Bay Oval.

Saturday saw HCA beat the hosts GSCA by 3 wickets in the dying overs. KICA won for the first time in many years, chasing down TVCA’s 7/207 with a couple of overs to spare, while AEHCA thumped MTCA by 93 runs.

Sunday had AEHCA tearing through TVCA for an embarrassing 51 before losing 5 wickets in a brief chase, HCA finished 135 runs ahead of KICA, and MTCA beat the hosts by 21 runs in the only close match.

TVCA had an extremely young side, one that was well short of it’s strongest. Only 4 of the top 20 runs scorers for the season, and 3 of the top 20 wicket takers put their hand up to play, which was disappointing. On a personal note it was nice to play a rare game on turf.
by saintal
Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Is there still a site for clearances in, out and around the Hills League?
Nope not anymore Does anyone know why this is? Do clearances not get applied for through playhq like they did with SportingPulse?
Is it an executive decision to keep fans in the dark? (Talking across the board not just hills). What possible justification could there be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short answer = PlayHQ is garbage.
by saintal
Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TVCA Semis

Cambrai v Palmer - The Skunks have been the pacesetters, with some handy recruits. Have a woeful record in finals against the Bears however, so an upset wouldn't surprise me. Cambrai to win at home though.
Gumeracha v Paracombe - Despite some big personnel losses this season the Magpies have reached another semi final, their senior players all having solid seasons. After losing their first 4-5 games, the Pirates have surged to take third spot. Gumeracha to win.

Eden Valley slipped from runners up to 5th, while Lenswood would be disappointed with their winless second half of the season. Birdwood were once again competitive but ended up with another spoon.
by saintal
Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 19 Central v Port

Thank you Central District.
by saintal
Sat Aug 24, 2024 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cambrai break a 38 year drought by defending 6/126 against Gumeracha (rolled for just 73). In the B's Eden Valley tasted success for the first time in around 13-14 years, winning a higher scoring game by 13 runs, also against Gumeracha.

In the Hills, Stirling won the prelim against Aldgate, so will face Lofty next week. Stirling won a tight A2 final against Aldgate, while Basket Range claimed the A3s, capping off a rough day for Aldgate. Caught some of the action at Basket Range, magnificent spot to watch cricket. Seems Aldgate won the 16s and 14s.

Lobey beat Nairne by around 50 in the A's prelim, Mt Barker thumped Woodside by 10 wickets to claim the A2s, Lobey over Creek in the B's, Ashbourne came from 4th to beat Woodside in the C's and Maccy won the D's in a low scoring game, despite initially "losing" their semi the week before. Lobey had a comfortable win in the 14s, and Hahndorf spanked Nairne by 10 wickets in the 16s.
by saintal
Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 4

Although we haven't beaten much admittedly, loving the way St Kilda are playing currently. Committed and disciplined team orientated football, and with the past 3 weeks yielding 45 goals we're ticking the scoreboard over with a mostly midget forward line.

After looking well off the pace at times last season, Mitchito Owens has been terrific to watch. Plays tall for his height, knows where the goals are, and does the tough-stuff.
by saintal
Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R3 West v South Sunday 2.10

Only had one eye on the broadcast while looking after two kids, so not in the best position to identify what went wrong after kicking the first 3 goals inside 10 minutes. Credit to the Bloods who moved the ball with purpose and created plenty of scoring opportunities.

South named their best as Bryce Gibbs, Keegan Brooksby, Mitchell O'Neill, Hayden Sampson, Elliot Dunkin.

Heslip injured? Only 3 touches. The forwards other than Sproule (4 goals) and to some extent Wilkinson failed to have much impact.

With Westies and Centrals both showing significant early improvement on 2022, the season looms as a competitive one.
by saintal
Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |