Search found 990 matches

Return

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

So a Telstra technician comes to my house, sets up the phone line and says everything is now working. Set up my internet connection and nope, it's not working. So now a second technician will have to come out. Not happy

Wasn't there a nation wide outage for Telstra yesterday?
Yes and human error is to blame so it's Rusty's fault ;)
by heater31
Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Garry Lyon - serious mental health condition.

Brodlach wrote:Who knows if that right 2 plus 2 sometimes equal 5

Read a few different rumours one including Billy's adult daughter

Given the rumours of Lyon's off field behaviour during his playing days no story would surprise me......
by heater31
Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Garry Lyon - serious mental health condition.

**** him, both he and Damien Parrot thought it was a real hoot when then media were camped out on Hird's lawn for months and followed his kids to school. Something along the lines of "as media it's our job to break the big stories"
Boots on the other foot now!

Must respect Hird though for not pulling out the "mental health" card.

Pay him that at least !!
James does have a mental health condition.....it's called delusional ;)
by heater31
Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

According to my Facebook news feed I'm eagerly awaiting a review of a Snid Squitzel from the Hilton Hotel, Hilton.

@Booney
@HH3
@Footy Chick ;)
by heater31
Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Season 2015/2016

Jim05 wrote:WA 1/321 stumps
Bancroft 154no
Marsh 95no

After being sent in to bat :shock:
by heater31
Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Queens Head Kermode Street, North Adelaide.

$15 wood oven pizzas on Wednesday night.

3 of us shared a spiced lamb and a barossa fine foods pizza.

OH MY FREAKING GOD. Pissibly the best pizza i've ever eaten, good crust to topping ratio, not greasy, just phenominal.

Pizzas are a decent size too, we thought the 2 pizzas would be too much for 3 of us but polished both pizzas off without feeling disgusting at the end.

Do yourself a favour. Beer garden, whilst small, has a great ambiance. 9/10

Better than a Snid Squitzel? ;)
by heater31
Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Drove to work this morning down Park Terrace this morning (after giving Churchill and Torrens the flick).

On the downhill slope, out front of the golf course, some dick cuts in front of me with speed built up and clearly not enough room to get in safely (which is the rule)

He darts right in front of me, I've blared my horn at him and chucked on the brakes to avoid him clipping me, only for him to slip right past me (by mere centimetres) and BANG! straight into the back of the car in front. :lol:

I was in stitches. Sucked in dickhead :lol:

Gave him a bit of a smile and wave as I cut around him ;)

Some one actually got a photo of FC driving past ;)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/de/d2/be/ded2be03d5ca31bd03605492ade14672.jpg
by heater31
Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Booney wrote:She "asked" for a tip? LOL.....

Yes. I nearly said "find another job"

Aussie Food and beverage workers expecting tips.......this should be in the Shits thread!
by heater31
Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is there an Australian Selector on duty at the game.... does anyone know?

If we get the chockies, and host the final, will Junior or Bacchus be taking an interest in the game?

Sayers is close to Aussie selection, and Head just made another ton, on what WAS a difficult wicket, with Bird a current test bowler in the line up...you'd think they would be interested... right?

Only a week ago numerous genius's on here were calling for Head to be dropped and have the Captaincy taken off him now he should be in the Test side, makes sense.

I wasn't one of them.... not calling for him to be in the test team, but around the squad maybe....Sayers I would like to see given a go at test level, given the amount of blokes who breakdown, Sayers seems to be "sound" in that area. Mennie has had a break out season....worth a thought!
Trav off to Yorkshire for all formats given that they basically are the English Test side and are still the best club in the county championship so if he makes runs who knows what is going to happen.
by heater31
Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Grahaml wrote:This game is over. They can sit back and watch the round play out and hope to make the final.

9/170 and bugger all time left in the day surely Tasmania want to hit up HQ tonight.......
by heater31
Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

There is an on-line petition if you want to support the clubs involved or should I say clubs affected...

https://www.change.org/p/keep-west-torrens-district-cricket-club-port-adelaide-cricket-club-as-stand-alone-clubs?recruiter=514601657

I'm confused.........

The SACA Board made a decision to allow clubs to continue to consider a merger. Clubs had to respond by March 15th with the SACA Board deciding on March 21st. Our clubs decision was that we would consider a merger.

Is everyone at WTDCC not pulling in the same direction??
by heater31
Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bd u15 09 wrote:Both look settled. Probably 2,500 there today. Much easier to get a beer and food than Saturday

They went through over 50 kegs of beer in the Footy club alone Saturday. The Bays might be able to trade their way out of their money issues ;)
by heater31
Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

am Bays wrote:Was that when hew as at the best club in Darwin, Darwin CC where he played as a junior and some a couple of years of As, or that hack club Tracey Village....

Well he wasn't a hack for the Villagers.....gave them 1000 runs for the season ;)
by heater31
Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well that performance shows where are weaknesses are.......mental toughness when batting and the need for a 2nd spinner in the squad.

We lost our number 3 and best bat for the 2nd half of the season, our best swing bowler and spinner were called up for higher honours at crucial points in the season as well yet we still made the final in the 2 formats the Redbacks play in. Cosgrove whilst wasn't poor he failed to convert any start to a big score however he still contributed.

We have unearthed a challenger for the Openers spot. Jake Weatherald, Mark Cosgrove, Sam Raphael and Kelvin Smith to compete for them next season. Think Cooper is in real trouble to retain his spot in the squad, He's never been the same since November 2015 for obvious reasons. Ludeman is as good as gone also, despite still having 12 months left on his contract. Ferguson back for the 2nd half of the season next year.

Our Shield leading wicket taker is off contract and possibly Zampa might get a CA deal? Opie not really convinced at present has been around the squad for a while now and finally broke into the team this season. Tasmania have plenty of squad spots available with a dozen blokes off contract for them. Keep hearing they are chasing talent from interstate.
by heater31
Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

IF YOU AINT FIRST YOU ARE LAST. Who cares how well you played in the season. Or who has played well. Those stats don't win ya medals or trophies.

Who lost the shield the year before we won in 1995/96? That's right it was South Australia who gave Queensland their first ever :roll:

Learning experience for all involved
by heater31
Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

My view is you want to be pretty bloody sure before calling someone's integrity into question.

One thing is constructive criticism, another thing is mean-spirited criticism, but falsely suggesting an umpire is cheating is pretty poor

I've also heard that the umpiring was some of the worse witnessed. It was so poor that it came across as cheating.

So it was a par for the course then?

Division 5 get the 21-25 ranked umpires each week.....

2 umpires per game....times 5 games times 4 divisions...maybe 41-50....just checking lol

yeah forgot to x2 :oops:
by heater31
Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

I'm having a mental blank

Can someone please tell me off the top of your head...

There's a beautiful old house in the West, somewhere between Henley and Outer Harbour that is now used a function/wedding reception centre.

(Not escourt house)

Can anyone think of the name?

Glanville Hall?

http://glanvillehall.com.au/

This is the one i was looking for. Thanks

PS: No, I'm not getting married :lol:

So there is no invitation in the post?

mighty_tiger_79 no free beer for you ;)
by heater31
Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA Footy Golf Day

Booney wrote:Well I'm not going to be able to attend at this rate. Vomiting in your own mouth for 3 1/2 hours would be awful.

Nothing wrong with a super cold red tin ;)
by heater31
Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not so much need to know, but it doesn't make me laugh or give me the shits so.....

Hearing "The West" development at West Lakes on Max Basheer Reserve is in a pickle. People wanting to borrow the $400k+ to do house and land are finding the banks are not valuing the property any where near that high and several potential home owners are without the money as banks are not willing to lend that much against that property and are looking at their get out clauses.
Seems the land developers have over paid for the dirt in the first place.....
by heater31
Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Stumbling across some posts on social media about Scottish Football and in particular the new incarnation of Glasgow Rangers getting back into the top division for next season. The Trolling from both Rangers fans and Celtic/The rest shits all over any sort of trolling on here........funny reading :lol:
by heater31
Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is that 6 years Rangers have been demoted?

Certainly one of the best rivalries in the world of sports
4 years.

They had a double promotion then got stuck in Division 2 for 2 seasons.

One of my more scary overseas adventures was waiting for a cab out the front of a pub, was a sight to behold women in their 50's swearing their head off better than a bogan family from Elizabeth......plus I was in Edinburgh a supposedly more classy city of Scotland :shock:
by heater31
Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pick Hefty's Blood Alcohol level sweep

Brodlach wrote:0.041

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
by heater31
Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anzac Day 2016

Here's hoping my local service organise it a bit better this year. The numbers horribly exceeded expectations at Hilton (behind the West Torrens council chambers) last year over half of those attending probably barely heard a word spoken and then have to deal with incoming aircraft.
by heater31
Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jase wrote:Any ideas how to fix this issue... more concrete, sand, foam, prayers... ;)

Yeah.....call Fairmont Homes. The House is less than 3 years old, still has its statutory warranty if they don't want to know you drop the name consumer affairs to them
by heater31
Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Did i just see Centurian on South Aussie with cosi?

I need to know why anyone would watch south Aussie with cossie?

;)

common man, the woman owns a cat....... ;)
by heater31
Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

valleys07 wrote:If there is any "consolation" to come out of Sunday: Robbie Gray, Hamish Hartlett and Charlie Dixon have all been offered $1000 fines for their respective incidents.

Were they charged with impersonating footballers? ;)
by heater31
Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans

bennymacca wrote:Tony Armstrong :)

They improved him and then passed him onto Collingwood....
by heater31
Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Effectively saying there is a group of club directors who have met to discuss concerns. Whatever they feel the best course of action is will need to be ratified by the Commission. Interesting that Rooch discounts the Crows placing a team in the Amateur League due to lack of infrastructure. Would have been nice if some decision makers and the media had the common sense to realise that when they voted, rather than consider it as a genuine option up the Crows sleeve.
Spoke to someone in the know only a few minutes ago and there has been a couple of informal meetings with the aim to get rid of the cancers within 2 years, preferably before next year. If this doesn't happen other means of making them less competitive will be looked at
Are South and Centrals allowed to berate the other 6 and say I told you so!
by heater31
Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NFL Season 2015/16

Alaska wrote:Well anyone who knows HH3 should ask him what it feels like standing infront of a rolling brick sh!thouse going downhill at speed.
Ouch.... I hope you are still with us HH3?

He should be fine after he got that N20 Reo bar inserted to his collarbone a year or two ago ;)
by heater31
Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 & its ensuing palaver.

Mason Cox slots it from 20m out...
by heater31
Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

2 lots of 9
1 - 8 where I went from bunker to bunker over the 16th green where it's quite narrow...

1 more round to go before my handicap comes through.

I feel another century coming up 8)

Burglar ;)

2 rounds for the weekend.

Saturday........another par round :roll: could not have had a worse start wiping the first 4 holes and not even bothering to get the putter out of the bag on 2 of them :oops: Gave myself a severe talking to on the walk to the 5th tee, then proceeded to go 2 over the card for the next 5 holes to be minus 1 on the turn. Back nine was probably the best 9 holes I have ever played, 4 bogeys, a birdie and the rest pars to finish 3 up (38 off the stick for the 9). Happy Days with about half a dozen balls coming my way for a top 3 grade placing.

Sunday.....mixed bag and didn't reach the heights of Saturday....lost a stroke from the handicap and therefore didn't get a shot on a par 5. no worries still dropped it for a bird ;) 32 points. Imagine if I was consistent :roll:
by heater31
Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

carey wrote:Not being able to decide which golf courses I'm going to play in Thailand so I'm doing all 3 I couldn't split!

Don't go in there Mr Carey ;)
by heater31
Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

Corona Man wrote:I could however spend a considerable amount of time "looking" at Delta Goodrem. Don't want her to talk, don't need her to sing.... just smile & laugh. She is a nice looking bird.

Don't think you're an orphan there....
by heater31
Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Booney, Corona Man and mickey so far make up the team. Sort of an unofficial SA Footy golf day.....

I'm concerned that there has never been a better assembly of golfing talent at Mount Osmond ;)
by heater31
Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Membership

Like others that are members and get the Club Advantage Card I am looking forward to hacking it up at West Lakes especially
What's the club advantage card MT, that's a new one on me. We don't get it up in the hills... That I am aware of..

Its a reciprocal agreement between the 2nd tier Metro clubs ( Blackwood, Flagstaff, Mount Osmond, Tea Tree Gully, The Vines of Reynella and West Lakes). From memory its 3 games per year at each club apart from your home club, although I could be corrected as I'm too lazy to collect the card from the office.....
by heater31
Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ummm... Started well... Birdie on 1, par on 2... Then normal service resumed...battled for 30pts for the day. Scores not great overall bit of wind about... The first beer on the 19th was still ice cold... So who gives a f**k about golf...
Yes the beers are all we play for ;)

39 points for me. Had a streak of birdie, par, birdie. Lipped out for a chance of 40 on the 18th :( not to worry 2nd overall (out of 200 odd players) and 2nd in my grade. 7 balls thank you come again :)
by heater31
Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R6: South v Adelaide - Sunday 1st May @ Hickinbotham Ov

Fluffbag wrote:Great game, replace the Darren Harris game as best but one negative, the security guard preventing supporters into the change room afterward the game for the song

Did he think you were going to jump the opposition?
by heater31
Sun May 01, 2016 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R6: South v Adelaide - Sunday 1st May @ Hickinbotham Ov

Last word - one of the most disappointing things about the game was when I attempted to go into the South change rooms to sing the club song. I was refused by Welso security (who had his arms held out wide stopping supporters entering) I explained I am just going in the South change rooms. Welso security explained that he has been instructed not to let anyone enter. I explained I go in every week but got told the Crows coaching staff instructed no people to come though at all. What a bloody disgrace......and you have to wonder why we seen 2 rules made. One for AFL sides and the other for the 8 SANFL sides. Absolute joke!!!!

Bunch of ******* sanitised bubble boys :roll:
by heater31
Sun May 01, 2016 10:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

People calling for soccer to be banned in Australia after the actions of supporters at yesterdays game.

I hate soccer, and I think it's disgusting the way a few supporters treated the Adel Oval, but banning a whole sport nation wide over it lol, it's just stupid.

Ah that moral compass that is a News Ltd website comments section........its where common sense goes to die :roll:
by heater31
Mon May 02, 2016 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

3 people with handicaps around the 20 mark....should be able to get a couple of good shots per hole.

Perfect tomorrow morning, no wind around and the greens should be sticky.
So long as the fairways are extra wide... We'll be in business...

at Mt Osmond? more chance of Leicester City winning back to back EPL titles :lol:

Good Luck tomorrow boys look forward to the match report :)
by heater31
Thu May 05, 2016 6:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Utd Vs Leicester

Not sure that matters, assuming they think they can fill AO

Reckon it would be slightly cheaper than say a Manchester United or Liverpool to get them here.

It would have to be billed as the Champions of England v the Champions of Australia.

Anyway it probably wouldn't matter to me I went to the Liverpool game as a casual fan wanting to see the players from one of the top leagues in the world. I wasn't disappointed.
by heater31
Wed May 04, 2016 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R7: North v Adelaide - Sunday 8 May @ Prospect Oval

Wedgie wrote:I'll be missing my first Prospect game by choice for years, don't want to be seen as supporting the cancer in the SANFL. Might travel 45 mins to see south tomorrow instead of 5 mins to see North on Sunday .

The beers will be cold either way....
by heater31
Fri May 06, 2016 7:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A baggy red cap gets you a run in the green and gold 2's......
by heater31
Tue May 10, 2016 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Divison 3 2016

The Big Shrek wrote:Thanks to Golden Grove for the hot water after the game. Geez I enjoy a steaming hot shower.

Metropolitan Footy clubs still shower at the ground after game :shock:

Thought the pretty boys of today went home for that...
by heater31
Sat May 14, 2016 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Must say that all this merger talk that has been going on for the last few seasons creates a very negative environment around grade cricket. Can only imagine what it's like for those clubs affected directly. What if 10 is the ultimate target number of clubs? There but for the grace of god etc...

Real shadow over the competition. Clubs looking over their shoulder, turning on each other, poaching players from clubs in turmoil.

Hate every part of it. Would love to see some new people on the board with a different approach to making grade cricket stronger.
My understanding is that 10 is the ultimate target.
What do you base that on?

I've got mail that the next step is a relocation of an existing club to a fast growing area. Not going to be cheap as the area currently does not have the facilities to cater for Premier Grade club.
by heater31
Tue May 17, 2016 11:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Out of curiosity I checked my card against stableford and this week's comp which is par.
Racked up 42pts and +12.
If I replicate that on Sunday I will be delighted

MT79 lining up on the First Tee on Sunday......

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/ronaldmcdonald/images/e/e8/Hamburglar_still_and_awestruck.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150606052205
by heater31
Wed May 18, 2016 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

My secretary announcing she needs tomorrow off.
I had planned to piss off before lunch, have a round of golf and hit the pub.
Now its all ruined

Whoa...back up here.

You've got someone to pick the phone up for you, how hard can life be? [emoji38]
It sh1ts me that i don't get a secretary...

Problem solved, office phones diverted to my mobile, tee off at 11:50 8)

match report when you are done in here please..... http://safooty.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=19996&p=2083457#p2083457 ;)
by heater31
Fri May 20, 2016 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 SANFL Broadcasting

Gozu wrote:How come there is no game on TV this weekend?

It's part of this 'increased media coverage' [emoji38]
by heater31
Fri May 20, 2016 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: England vs Sri Lanka

The Sri Lankan batting I saw last night was woeful. Poms bowled well but some horrid techniques were exposed.
Remember they exposed our blokes as well last winter.
Correct. Our shot selection with a hooping Duke at Edgebaston (I was there :shock: )and Trent Bridge (Thank god I'd left the UK at that point :oops:) was deplorable.
While watching a test in the old dart is a bucket list thing for me... Seeing our blokes bat like that, wouldn't have been much fun....
Seen 2 days of a Test in England the past 2 tours......2013 Trent Bridge Day 4 (we played shit) good day though with a heap of mates on the gas!

Last year Edgebaston managed to get hold of a corporate ticket through a friend of a friend.....again we played shit :roll: and being the only Aussie in the room good thing the beer was cold and free. Drank so much I had to change it up to cider. Good day met a heap of Pommy blokes that work in a similar industry to me so we swapped stories and even discussed the Adam Goodes saga.

**** this watching Test Cricket in England.... next Overseas Test I watch is the Caribbean drinking Rum!
by heater31
Sun May 22, 2016 8:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Par round 4 down which equates to 32 points. Couldn't get a plus to save myself all day!
by heater31
Sun May 22, 2016 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |