Search found more than 1391 matches

Return

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Well what you are describing is belief not science. If her claims have been discredited then no, she is not entitled to her view, u less that view is publishing new peer reviewed research that might add new support to her claims.
by bennymacca
Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Heading up the the Gold Coast tonight...

Jase Jnr is competing at the SchoolAerobics national finals in Hip Hop. His team, Mayhem, is representing our school and South Australia...

His crew performs Sunday arvo and we're staying up in the GC for a couple of days extra...

The only thing I don't rate, is the flying part... not a big fan of flying ...

Good luck!

I hope they beat fobalicious
by bennymacca
Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL crowd numbers

Yet still way more people went there than the "traditional games"
by bennymacca
Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Stop with the mock outrage guys. Everybody knows what the footy show is like. It has been like that for 20 years.

If course it is gutter humour and not much in the way of analysis, but come on, surely you know what to expect by now
by bennymacca
Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Johno6 wrote:if you order in yoda's voice/style you get 10% off, so no need for the ent book!

really? thats awesome.

burger i will have. onion it will not.
by bennymacca
Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL scheduling - First week of finals announced

Those African-Americans seeking equality in the 60s, bloody whingers.
Suffragettes, bloody whingers.
National league teams airing their thoughts on having sides in the SANFL for years before it happened, bloody whingers.

Lol at equating reserves teams in the sanfl to civil rights. Wow.

And btw I was generally saying you can put up a decent argument too.
by bennymacca
Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia v West Indies 1995

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SmwodC7E9k

this is the sort of stuff that i love the most about test cricket. although it is a team game, in its essence it is a one on one game. one of the most intimidating bowlers in history vs one of the grittiest. the battle within the battle. these are the things that make test cricket what it is, and what you lose when going to the shorter forms of the game. sustained pressure, counter attacks. the ability to bowl at someone for over after over if they dont get off strike.

(same reason why grand slam tennis is good but i wont derail the topic with that)
by bennymacca
Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 21 General Chat and Dribble

gadj1976 wrote:He's paid a salary as if he's a star of our club. He's not even close. Waste of money. Worst Collingwood recruit since Mick Malthouse.

FYP
by bennymacca
Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Other International Cricket

Hughes cracked a other double ton against South Africa A and now has a call up to the odi squad in place of Watson who has injured his ankle stepping on a ball. Really hope he cements his place.
by bennymacca
Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Failed Creation wrote:
beeroclock wrote:Kate Collins looks mighty nice tonight.

She could cover her entire body in pig shit, and I'd still think she's a top sort.

thats some fetish you have going there
by bennymacca
Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

“Crows patron Rob Gerard’s dream of taking the Adelaide Football Club out of the Oval to play in a covered inner-city stadium after the 2026 Commonwealth Games may need to be fulfilled sooner than he imagined.”

It appears $600 mill has been wasted on a 10-12 year stop gap solution like we predicted.

just when i thought this thread couldnt get any stupider...
by bennymacca
Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

yeah pretty much. havent followed the port situation as closely but as a crows fan, i would expect anything to be done for the betterment of the AFL team first, then the SANFL team second. I expect them to always try and win, but with the caveat of player management. I think thats what buddha was trying to say too.

now what i do expect is for the SANFL teams to play the season out and not send all of their players off to surgery early. they have given their guarantee that they will do that, but I guess we will have to see whether that happens or not.
by bennymacca
Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

so you guys want to compromise the competition further by having 20% of the teams not play finals? if thats the case why earn premiership points at all. or not play at all. just shows how ridiculous your arguments are.

saying you dont want the teams in the comp is a legitimate argument, but saying they cant win a magarey is just blatantly hilarious
by bennymacca
Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Since when do they have no hope of beating the sides? Norwood just spanked the crows
by bennymacca
Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - Norwood v Adelaide @ Coopers Stadium (Sat T 2

topsywaldron wrote:Does anyone really care what that hateful little quisling thinks?

lol at you calling anyone else hateful.
by bennymacca
Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Recruits- Hits,Misses and undecided

Can only comment on what of seen over the 2 times we played the Crows at SANFL level but there is some dead set duds running around in the reserves. Crouch and Kerridge look ok but Reilly and Porps are cooked, Johnston has gone backwards a million miles and guys like Graham, Siggins, Ellis-Yeoman, Petrenko, McKernan, Atkins are genuine D graders. Out of the AFL side Martin and Thompson are no good and Rutten is retiring. Doesnt appear too much depth there at all. Have a good top 4-5 but falls away rapidly after that. Crows are with a bunch of sides who wont win a flag in the next 5 years and will be lucky to play meaningful finals in that time

This is our bigger problem imo and I agree with you. Jaensch is an afl standard footballer imo but he shouldn't be a walk up start as he is now.
by bennymacca
Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:Good lord, isn't Google anyones friend here?

http://www.fiveaa.com.au/photo_kate-and-susie-collins_327565

i already googled that. :D

but thats not the point. if you put it out there you find the pics :P
by bennymacca
Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Formula 1 World Championship

Great race! Ricciardo again!!!
by bennymacca
Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 25-40-FIFTY-60-70-80-90-100 Speed Zones

well its probably pretty easy to have evidence for his excuse
by bennymacca
Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The current calibre of all politicians at the moment is deplorable
by bennymacca
Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2) Some supporters have definitely been lost and there have been a few replacementents, what remains to be seen is if these replacements will be long term (especially goven Walker wont play every year etc)

This is what has happened I think.

Another thing - yes that crows glenelg game had tex playing, but even without him it definitely would have pulled a bigger than average crowd in any event. At a guess it still could have gotten 5-6k given it was on Anzac weekend etc. another reason why just completely ignoring the game is wrong
by bennymacca
Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I went to see one game this year, given I am a centrals supporter I went to the centrals crows game.

I suspect most of the increase in crowd is people like me where there is dual allegiances. When you say "there must have been 100 crows fans" if you are talking pure crows fans I might agree.

I didn't wear crows gear and I didn't really cheer when the crows or centrals scored. It was weird, as I have mentioned in the other thread.

Still, you are using anecdotes to refute actual crowd statistics.
by bennymacca
Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lol ok.

Also I posted a reddit link, nothing else.
You might think it's funny but I'm sure you wouldn't be laughing if it was your wife, mother, sister or daughter who had private photos stolen and put on the internet. Just because they are celebrities doesn't make what they do in private public property.

And before you blame the women for taking the photos in the first place, do we blame people who get their credit card details hacked for having a credit card in the first place? No we don't and this is no different.

Do you even internet bro?
by bennymacca
Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well you are the only one that has posted a link in this thread :)
by bennymacca
Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

goldsack would fill the role vacated by otten i would think. not sure i 100% agree with it but if he is going cheap then there are certainly worse players out there. would rather him than gwilt.

and jenkins did kick 40 goals this year. if we can get 40 from jenkins, 40-50 from betts, and 40-50 from tex next year, and 20 each from pods and lynch, that is a pretty damn good forward line.

terry wallace made a great point on the radio this arvo. he said the crows were the team that he was frustrated by the most, because they should be much better than what they show.

we have probably the best stopper in the league, one of the better half back flanks, one of the best ruckmen, the third best attack in the league, and a midfield that contains sloane and dangerfield, and yet we only finished 10th!

his observation was that if the crows were allowed to play "their" way, they played really well, but as soon as someone put a stop to that, usually by pressuring the ball carrier to force turnovers, they were really really average and their plan B just didnt stack up.

I think that sums up the crows perfectly. is it coaching? possibly. they mentioned someone like neil balme as a possible football director, which i think would be a great get if possible. we definitely need some more experienced people to help out sando.

one thing he didnt mention which i think is pretty obvious is that our defence is pretty leaky this year, except for talia. we were exposed by having thompson, otten, hartigan or henderson as the third tall, as they are all pretty average when left one out.
by bennymacca
Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

We were behind the northern goals at The Bay one Saturday afternoon in the '80s when a goal was kicked. The usual scrimmage & "stacks on" broke out amongst the large group of 12-13 year olds boys trying to get the match day footy & be the one who kicked it back over the fence. My mate somehow got it, kicked his own footy back & then legged it with the game ball out the gates & up Rugless Tce not to be seen again until school the following week.
We'd thought he'd got away with it until he told us at school on Monday that he forgot the footy he kicked back which was his, actually had his name & address on it. A GFC official went around to his house on Sunday morning and returned his ball & took the match ball back. He copped a fair bit of shit for that.

awesome haha
by bennymacca
Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

BoundaryRider84 wrote:Congrats to Daniel Talia

Well deserved club champion.
by bennymacca
Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

there is significant value in keeping skills in australia as a nation building project though. you cant fully rely on everything being sourced from overseas, especially for defence assets.
by bennymacca
Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WEIGHT LOSS + the challenge

Pulse some cauliflower florets in a food processor until it resembles rice. Then I saute some onion and garlic in a pan, then add the cauliflower and cook for about 2-5 mins. You want it soft but not mushy. Then I add some salt and pepper. You can really add anything you like to the cauliflower for flavour. I normally have it under a curry.

just tried this for the first time with the thai green curry i made, surprisingly awesome
by bennymacca
Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That would have happened in previous years would it not?
by bennymacca
Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There was a last game at footy park effect going on there too
by bennymacca
Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:Has the SANFL hit all new lows.

We now have clubs losing players to rival clubs in the same competition thanks to a 'reality' tv show.

I cant think of how this comp could be compromised any more.

LOL he played half a season!!! Now you are really scraping the bottom of the barrel
by bennymacca
Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They knew he was a possibility to get on an afl list. Does that mean they didn't do the due diligence? Should they never recruit someone that has a chance at afl?

You guys honestly need your heads read.
by bennymacca
Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I read someone's post saying that there are now only 4 VFL clubs that are not AFL reserves sides.

To me the solution is simple - send the Crows and Power to the AFL reserves in Victoria and the 4 "pure" Victorian teams to the SANFL.

If NT, Qld and NSW can have the NEAFL we could have a similar arrangement - the AFL and SANFL are now cashed up enough to support the extra travel costs. Seems simple but it's not going to happen!

i agree, that would be the best scenario for all concerned. could even have two divisions of second tier comps comprising all second tier clubs in australia, and then run the afl reserves as a separate comp. money would stop this from happening but it would be cool!
by bennymacca
Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

IS/ISIS/Iraq/Syria situation

Looks like we are going to be back in Iraq again

http://gu.com/p/4xh9v

Not entirely convinced we need to follow the US into every single conflict like we do at the moment.
by bennymacca
Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

He's goneski when that contract expires anyway. Might as well get the top ten pick for him now instead of nothing as we're no chance of a premiership next year.

Yep can't stop a bloke going home if that's what he wants. At least he is being up front about it (and not going to magically end up in Sydney)
by bennymacca
Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst Movies

first half was great, then when jonah hill turned into a demon thingy it got shit
by bennymacca
Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is it time for an "SANFL summer comp?"

gotta have something to whinge about in the summer, right? :D
by bennymacca
Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Internet service providers

Scout recycling centre (or similar) would take it.
by bennymacca
Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

dont blame the players for looking out for their interests. after all, it is their careers
by bennymacca
Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

can we go back to trolling crows supporters instead of port supporters? :D
by bennymacca
Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Heading out to Highercombe this morning. .. first round of golf in about 12 months or so.. should be interesting.

First time I've played up there in probably 6 years...

I really miss playing regularly. Well more regularly than annually....
Shot a 79 off the stick... very happy with that.... putting was a bit of an issue, only made 2 over 6 foot...

79 off the stick after not playing in a year?

go fk yourself
by bennymacca
Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Easy there big fella :)

Golf is what I did from the age of 13 until 18... at the course every day of the year for 5 years pretty much. School holidays mum would drop me off before work at 8:00am and pick me up after work at 5:00pm. Weelend were the same. In school terms mum would pick me up from school and drop me off at the club for a couple of hours....

Played off of 7 until I quit. .. got down to 6 for a little while so the swing is still there just not as consistent as you would expect..

Mum and dad were pretty pissed when I quit

One of the only regrets I have in life is stopping playing golf all together at the age of 18...

thats pretty awesome.

i was sort of similar with tennis - when i was 12/13 i was in a lot of development squads etc with my brother. not quite state level but almost. probably could have been if i tried a bit harder.

then high school came and i cbf anymore. still play at the top of div 1 in the barossa, but could have been a lot better if i kept going.
by bennymacca
Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Internet service providers

dedja wrote:FFS benny, get your arse over to NuSkope ...

haha. pretty sure i will be

i do have a pretty high degree of brand loyalty though, it usually takes a few things to annoy me before i start wanting to move. slow speeds plus long hold time are those things atm
by bennymacca
Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was expecting Polec to be a bit of a bust this year. How wrong I was. Don't consider him overrated at all.

This is a better assessment.

First one to go missing when they started losing, along with WIngard

both young guys coping with tags for probably the first time in their careers. every young gun has to go through that at some point.

anyone who says polec was a failure this year has rocks in their head. i wish he was at the crows, it was exactly what we needed.
by bennymacca
Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

didnt think you were the internet meme kind of guy WUB, but you have stepped up your game in that regard :D

kudos

by bennymacca
Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

glad we are finally tackling the big issues :D
by bennymacca
Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

pam was/is super hot. girl next door thing doing on.

and we also know that "office hot" is significantly lower than "outside hot"
by bennymacca
Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

damo just posted a photo on twitter of the ryder documents being signed. CONFIRMED he is at port
by bennymacca
Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |