Search found 786 matches

Return

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-10/twoforone-deal-for-kangaroos-with-port

Roos: Pittard Polec and pick 48

Power: pick 11 and 2019 4th rounder

Well played Roos imho!!!

It couldve been picks 1,2 and 3 for these players and youd still say well played Roos such is your unhealthy hatred of Port Adelaide.

Its effectively pick 11 for Polec the rest is irrelevent.

Win/Win

The rest is relevant, Dutch. I don't often agree with UK, but he is on the money here.

Originally - I was of the opinion that there were variables still at play (eg. who Port were to pick at 11) for us to make an informed decision on the winner/loser of this trade, but the more facts that are presented, the more it becomes apparent that North reamed us with this deal.

If the deal was just Polec for 11 - deal in favour of Port slightly, but considering that 12 months ago Pittard was uncontracted and in demand (by North ironically), and we signed him to a 3 year deal, overcompensating because we panicked (sound familiar Port fans??), only for us to trade him 12 months later for nothing - WTF?

Had we lost him to North last year, I am not sure whether we would have been compensated given our FA signings in Rockliff, Watts and Motlop, but his worth is more than a bloody 4th rounder (not to mention the apparent need for us to send North pick 48 as well- **** me).

Pittard isn't just the only fringe player we have traded in recent years for pittence, either. Andrew Moore, Aaron Young, Logan Austin and Jarman Impey all come to mind where Port have received unders come trade value.

I am not overly fussed that he has left, as on field he is a bit of a bomb scare who was either great or an absolute nightmare. I wish him nothing but success at North as he is a top quality bloke from all reports, I just wish that Parker and his team weren't so AFC when it came to bending over at the trade table.
by valleys07
Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2019 and proposed rule changes

Wouldn't mind having a gallop out of the square without the worry of fumbling the kick :lol:
I did that this year against Pulteney - went to kick to myself quickly, kicked little higher than intended, wind took it, fumbled grabbing, by the time I regathered got smashed and done HTB :oops: :lol:

Not my finest moment haha!

Meh.

With the amount of points you blokes conceded, 1 fumble amongst 200+ kick outs is still a great strike rate :lol:
by valleys07
Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

Pete Helliar getting another tv show, like holy shit how does channel 10 not see that he isn't funny, has never been funny apart from a short run as Strachnie which got old very quick.

He is the Andy Maher of tv
Probably the third most unfunniest 'comedian' in the country behind Mick Molloy and Dave Hughes.

Throw Lehmo and Akmal Saleh to round out the top 5
Ah yes Lehmo, forgot about him .

There is a reason for that.
by valleys07
Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2018-19

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:Mitch Marsh heading towards a Ton batting at 4 for WA.

Lovely, he's inherited his brothers ability to score big in the SS when spots are under pressure.

And there it is, 100* (204). Books his spot up until 2023.

Does he possess elite honesty though?
by valleys07
Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SA have slumped from 2/111 to 5/131.

Kinda sad that this sort of collapse no longer upsets me, given it is entirely foreseeable.
by valleys07
Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TEENAGE RAMPAGE
How SWEET it was for a couple of teenagers in Sydney , yesterday, on Melbourne Cup day

Jason Sangha [117]
Jack Edwards [101]

In a rarity , 2 teenagers both made hundreds on the same day of a Sheffield Shield match
Kerry Okeefe is saying Jason Sangha is the next big thing in Australian cricket
Im going on record in posting that Jack Edwards WILL be the next big thing, and be a 5000+ rungetter at test level

I watched a few of the under 19 International matches
My impressions
Jason Sanga does everything right technically
LLoyd Pope is a gun bowler
Jack Edwards will play Test cricket, his batting style reminded me of watching a young Greg Chappell
Jack Edwards made his ton in his 3rd SS game, batting at 7

Not sold on Pope just yet. Has a very good wrong'un, but his stock delivery is quite average IMO.
by valleys07
Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NFL Season 2018/2019

Spargo wrote:Some sort of touch up by Pittsburgh...

5 in a row now, putting a decent run together.

Giving the Falcons a chance to bridge the gap in the NFC too, who are playing Cleveland on monday.
by valleys07
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

carey wrote:How good are tits!

Just wow

And swimming.
by valleys07
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NFL Season 2018/2019

Some sort of touch up by Pittsburgh...

5 in a row now, putting a decent run together.

Given the Falcons a chance to bridge the gap in the NFC too, who are playing Cleveland on monday.

gIvInG tHe fAlCoNs a cHaNcE tO bRiDgE tHe gAp

;)

valleys07

Bridging that gap....

Burning the bridge.

****ing Cleveland..

:oops:
by valleys07
Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Good to know I am not the only person who has never (and have no interest in) seen any of the Star Wars films.
by valleys07
Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

How much heart break does one footy club have to endure!
by valleys07
Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"But how entertaining is T20, brah!"
by valleys07
Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Lightning McQueen wrote:Tossing up between Tasha and Wil.

Wil by a neck.
by valleys07
Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jim05 wrote:No matter what people say or think about the Shaun he always makes big runs back in the Shield when required and makes it impossible for selectors to omit him

Correct. Tons in back to back games - probably the best performed bat of any of our test aspirants at the moment.

Says it all.
by valleys07
Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

Can't remember the rules these days - Was Johnny Blakey's lad unavailable under FS because Academy picks have priority (or something along those lines)?

Yep, absolute joke that an academy trumps father/son.
Another Swans leg up...

North gaining access to Tarryn Thomas via their NGA academy balances that out.

At least Sydney have had a hand in Blakey's development..
by valleys07
Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Australia do it every time. When they get a team on the ropes (6/127) they take their foot of their throats and let the other teams back in. How is it that when other teams have us against the ropes they rip us apart with no mercy (Remember the Ashes when we were bowled out for 60?). It just makes me wonder the mentality of some of the blokes in that side. Are we ever gonna see Chad Sayers be given a decent crack? We seriously lack a seam / swing bowler. Who cares if he can't get average speeds of 145km + every bowl. He has good movement and variation.
LOL the ship has sailed on Chadd,
We have the best bowling attack in world cricket. Combination of poor batting and good bowling saw them at 6/127 on the Road that is Adelaide Oval. 250 is a massive win for us, a pity our batters probably wont capatalize.
Please give us other examples of "we do it every time"
Perhaps stick to the great insights you give us on AFL, its clear you know nothing about cricket ;)
It's my opinion on the matter. I don't have time or necessary skills to find all the relevant data to prove it. But I know there has been plenty of time when we have had opposing teams 4 for or 5 for and they have still gone on to make a decent score. 250 is a win for us you say?? Just watch and see how we struggle to reach that target. I think you need to relax bro.

I think you're not respecting Pujara's innings enough, he really held things together and had some good help from Ashwin. India are a good side and fought back, credit to them for that. It's cricket and you have to accept the opposition will fight back if good enough.

Sayers is injured anyway so he wouldn't of been available for selection regardless. I think our 4 bowlers yesterday showed why they are our best possible bowling attack.

Pujara gave me a glimmer of hope that test cricket has a future. Hope that there are batsmen out there that can assess the state of the match/series, assess the conditions and are prepared to give bowlers a session, sometimes two, and cash in when the opportunity presents.

Pujara played the game perfectly yesterday. Understood the pitch offered something for the bowlers for the first 2 sessions, was prepared to grind it out and up the scoring rate in session 3 when the pitch settled and the weather sapped the energy of the Aussie bowling attack.

Brilliant test innings.
by valleys07
Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA Footy Team of the Century

TDK has a ****ing cricket thread with his name attached, yet can't make the SAF XI.

Sheesh!

:lol:
by valleys07
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Warne had every intention of fuelling the fire of Mitch Starc with his comments this week. Backing him in for a michelle.
by valleys07
Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ed Cowan on ABC Grandstand "The mentality completely changed under Darren Lehmann. Defence was just something you hit the ball to"

I laughed way more than I should have. Got a few strange looks at work :lol:
by valleys07
Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sooo.... what didya get?

A few odds and ends, but I did get Christmas Eve and Christmas morning with my son.

This year was the first year where he fully understood the lead up to the day in the eyes of a child - the prep for santa and the presents on Christmas morning.

Seeing him so excited on Christmas eve, organising the reindeer food and santa's cookies and milk, getting his santa sack on the bed ready for his gifts - no amount of money or presents can buy that. Christmas morning just magical.

Given his mum will now get the next couple of Christmas eve's and the myth of santa will be revealed, what I got was memories that i'll treasure for a life time.

Merry Christmas, ya'll. Hope it is a joyous time spent with loved ones. Looking forward to what 2019 has in store.
by valleys07
Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 AFL Season

marbles wrote:so is there an AFL-X comp this season

I thought it would be an excellent opportunity to do state of origin afl-x style

Would be a huge slap in the face to Origin footy.

Let that concept (sadly) rest peacefully.
by valleys07
Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

carey wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Only thing that gave it away it wasn’t you was that I couldn’t see a penguin

Or a picture of Luke Hosie on the bedside lol :lol:

Which one of his 762 pseudonyms will like this post first?

;)
by valleys07
Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Last 12 months

Lyon - 45 @ 33.22
Cummins 44 @ 19.97 (Elite!)
Starc - 30 @ 30.86
Hazlewood - 26 @ 33.26
M Marsh - 6 @ 52.16
Labuschagne - 5 @ 23.80
Sayers - 2 @ 73.00

Since sandpaper incident..

Lyon -305 @ 32.40
Cummins 23 @ 18.65 (Elite!)
Starc - 15 @ 26.33
Hazlewood - 11 @ 38.18
Labuschagne - 5 @ 23.80
M Marsh - 5 @ 90.15
Sayers - 2 @ 73.00

No wonder they call him the GOAT ;)
by valleys07
Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Finally some sense from the selectors. Batting is the weakness, bowling unit can compete when they're up on confidence.

Concerns me that Pucovski makes a double ton at the start of the season then hardly played since (if at all), then into a Test Squad ....

Is he the Vic lad that cracked an unbeaten 250 and then went on leave due to mental health?

Yes

Then i'm of the same opinion as Boon - exposure at the national level is the goal, rather than seeing him as a part of the XI.
by valleys07
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

my mother in law doing something to my garage roller doors so now they beep all the time when they open or close
no idea what shes done, ive tried pulling the cord etc to see if that changes it
so ******* annoying...… and so is the beeping.

I swear since my daughter was born my MIL turned the crazy meter up to a 9.5!

yeah, in laws are awesome...

They are ******* not.

i should have put a winky face... I was being incredibly sarcastic... Cant stand mine... Even more so now

In Boon's defence, he probably didn't see the sarcasm ;)
by valleys07
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2019

carey wrote:I think a few people must get very, very bored at work.......

Keen to get up to Moffin and check out these 2 statues, but.
by valleys07
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some c**t stealing my solar lights from my front lawn. Noticed they were gone yesterday, probably got taken when I wasn't home Saturday night. I got them as a gift for Christmas, why are people such c**ts taking solar lights FFS.

I brought a little solar powered Xmas laser light thingy from Big W for Mrs Boon, she loves sparkly shit, I used about 6 zip ties locking it to the base of one of our roses bushes, she asked why so may ties? Your comment will be brought up tonight.
Not the same zip ties you use to keep people out of your back yard I hope?

No mate, don't be silly, little ones for the light, proper man size ones for the gate. :lol:

Not impervious to tradespeople.
by valleys07
Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:"Rate my plate" on Facebook. :lol:

Will be tough to beat for my favourite social media page of 2019. Some of the comments :lol:
by valleys07
Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Ladder Predictions

woodublieve12 wrote:Just while I talk about the swans (for something different).... It will be 7 years since our last flag... Being a little bit superstitious - 2005, 2012 and 2019?????

Let's hope for 72,7,72.

;)
by valleys07
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

Easy way for the speculation to stop, just name the captain(s) and it will be all over in 24 hours, I would be absolutely staggered if they dont know yet which way they are going to head, in fact most clubs would know by Christmas but they delay announcements to before the season when there is little news.

Maybe the Wines/Jonas narrative isn't as clear cut as the media has made it out to be.

What if the club is legitimately taking it's time with the decision, taking into consideration a bolter who has the respect and admiration of the group within the 4 walls, who mightn't be thought of as leadership material by the externals?
by valleys07
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:
DOC wrote:Wines and Jonas Co-Captains, keeping their numbers.

Over 100 years of history done!

Was one of the last cool traditions getting around.

Incorrect. Geof Motley wore #17 in his first year as captain in 1959.
by valleys07
Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

On Monday morning, my best mate of 24 years and his wife became first time parents to a beautiful little girl.

Visiting them last night and witnessing the sheer pride in the both of them, knowing what they have both endured to get to this point, bought a smile to my face.

The funny part - They had the same obstetrician as myself and my ex, the baby was delivered at the North Eastern Community, where my son was also born, and I get to the hospital last night to visit:

"G'day mate, what room are you in?"

"Room 211"

*Thinking to myself - that number sounds familiar...*

Climb the stairs to the post natal ward and enter their room - yep. The same post natal ward, exactly the same room that my wife and I had shared when our son was born.

Pretty cool I thought. Brought back some very happy memories, and I cannot wait to watch a little girl grow with the support and love of 2 great people as her parents.
by valleys07
Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is Cliche’ Kenny still coaching this mob?
Change nothing and nothing changes.

Apparently you get what you deserve
https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/d4d629780fbab2b3c4d062941011fb96?width=1024

Sidebar - the stance was well executed by Rory Atkins. Looks like he has just been assigned detention :lol:
by valleys07
Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

amber_fluid wrote:Travis Boak is a great player and captain and even better person.
I have no doubt he has put the side before himself.
His loyalty as well is something I really like.

As for Ken I’ve never really been a fan ;)

Port fans who are maintaining the faith are slim pickings.
by valleys07
Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Found out today that two friends have just been diagnosed with cancer, ones been given 3-6 months, the other not sounding too hopeful.

Also today one of my best friends had an abnormality in a mammogram and goes for a biopsy on Friday (her best friend past from breast cancer a few years back in her early 40’s).

Worst part about getting old is the people you lose along the way. Get ****** cancer!

:(

Sorry to hear, mate. Positive thoughts your way.
by valleys07
Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MW wrote:Nah it means he'll tell someone else to do it now

Culprit to Delegate. It's called progression ;)
by valleys07
Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That Steketee LBW turn down is just laughable.
by valleys07
Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:
valleys07 wrote:
Booney wrote:Behind Walker and Sloane Adelaide have left some of their squad out of their leadership group, but have included Douglas, Talia, Lynch, Jenkins and Crouch.

Trolling.

EFA ;)

Apologies, i'll get back to sensible discussion to mirror the Port board. ;)
by valleys07
Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

amber_fluid wrote:I think it’s older brother mocking

EFA ;) :lol:
by valleys07
Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Girl in my office in conversation with a colleague:

"i'm almost 24....i'm 25 next year"

23. You're 23.

:roll:
by valleys07
Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Thoughts are with you and your lad, LM.
by valleys07
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW - Womens AFL

I watched the last 10 minutes and was surprised how many kicks hit their targets. Definitely improving. My daughter plays U14 last year (U16 this year) and each side she plays there is 3-4 guns who skill wise could probably play AFLW now besides the physicality. Next 4 years the league will blossom .

I'm of the same opinion. The competition in it's infancy has been littered with ladies either transitioning from other codes or choosing to play footy in addition to. I wonder if the investment in junior pathways for women will see an influx of pure footballers (if that makes sense), thus lifting the standard of the game.
by valleys07
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

woodublieve12 wrote:My mental state now compared to 12 months ago... It's been a bloody tough road and still bit to travel, but in a much better place...

Awesome to hear, mate. Glad things are working out for you.
by valleys07
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HOW A CRICKET PREMIERSHIP STRENGTHENED TIES

Footballer’s can often become caught up in the stress associated with AFL and living in the public eye.

As with any job, it’s critical to have time away from the workplace to maintain a healthy relationship with your career and work-life balance.

For AFL players, with the growing demands of off-field commitments and the rise of social media, time away from the game can be hard to come by.

Finding that time is what led the Port Adelaide Football Club to create their own team to participate in Division 3 of the Adelaide Turf Cricket Association Twenty20 competition.

Representing the Grange Cricket Club, the Power team featured a mix of past and present players and Port Adelaide staff members.

As the team took to the field on Tuesday night for their final they were surrounded by the entire Port Adelaide football community as players Travis Boak and Tom Clurey and assistant coach Nathan Bassett led the team to victory.

“It was actually the first flag for a few of us that we’d ever won in any sport, at any age… it was good fun,” Travis Boak told AFLPlayers.com.au after the victory.

Clurey, who had fallen short of a number of cricket premierships growing up, won his first premiership in sport with the team.

“It was really good fun to do something together with the boys outside of your everyday football life,” he told AFLPlayers.com.au.

Having grown up playing local cricket in the Victorian countryside, Clurey was well-equipped with bat in hand, making an unbeaten half century in the final.

The team, which was organised through Power co-captain Tom Jonas, were unbeaten throughout the tournament with spiritual leader and unofficial coach Bassett top-scoring throughout the finals series.

Despite Tom Jonas not taking to the field, he became the self-appointed chairman of selectors, water boy and umpire.

Although there were no official training sessions, the competitive nature of Boak meant he tried to organise a few net sessions to improve his technique.

“Trav scored 50 in the first game and took 3-7 in the first match but kept saying we needed practice,” Bassett told AFLPlayers.com.au.

“I said to him ‘mate you just took three-fa and a cracking slips catch, I think you’re going fine.’”

The foundation of the team was to help the playing group and staff develop important connections away from the high-pressure environment associated with football.

“It gave us a great opportunity to build a connection with each other and have a lot of fun along the way,” Boak said.

“You know what that person is like as a footballer and what they’re like in a training environment but to have things outside of footy and to learn what they’re like outside, who they are as a person, what they like to do and how they act helps to build a better connection.”

Port Adelaide have been vocal in their support of players enjoying hobbies outside of football, with the initiative being applauded by Ken Hinkley and General Manager of Football Chris Davies.

Boak said having the support of the club was critical in allowing the playing group to switch off as they walk out the doors in Alberton.

“You’re not walking into the club or leaving the club thinking ‘shit I’ve got to be in footy mode the whole time,’” he said.

“It makes you want to come back to the footy club and you start to feel refreshed and ready to go again.

“(Football) can be so demanding mentally and physically and when you’re at the club you can’t escape it.”

Bassett, who played over 200 games for Adelaide before joining the Power as an assistant coach, said the club’s position was to develop balanced athletes and people.

“Better rounded athletes perform better on the field and are more likely to come out and be grounded and more successful once they leave the AFL system,” he said.

For Boak, the tournament was the most fun he’d had on a Tuesday night for as long as he could remember, giving him the opportunity to switch his mind off from football as took to the crease.

“In any job it’s really important to have something outside your natural workplace,” he said.

“We can get caught up being in football mode 24/7 and if you take that home there’s no turn off.

“It can shorten careers and create mental health problems because you’re never switching off from things that are so demanding in your life.”

As pre-season training ramped up ahead of the JLT Community Series and season proper beginning, the Tuesday night Twenty20 tournament became a period of mental release for those playing.

Clurey, who is a keen golfer, waterskier and fisherman, said his involvement in the team gave him a “normal” feel about life.

Despite contentious commentary surrounding the off-field interests of players, each cricketer who donned their cricket whites for Grange was ticked off from the Port Adelaide club doctor and high performance staff.

As the football season approaches the Port Adelaide playing group will continue to explore their off-field endeavours as they seek to find a mental release away from football.

“I think it’s important for mental health going forward for any person, in any job to have something that excites them away from their normal work,” Boak said.

“It’s important to have something to stay happy, to stay driven and to stay positive in what they want to achieve.”
by valleys07
Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They were born in 1997....still not sure who was murdered.

Who was born in 1997?

The Port Adelaide Magpies Football Club. The club was then abolished in 2012 as part of the one club re-unification.

Wait...so where's the history from?

And they were murdered in 2012?

The history of the Port Adelaide Football Club dates back to 1870.

As for use of the term "murder" . At the time of moving to the AFL, the PAFC were content with leaving the SANFL competition altogether, but it was the SANFL who created the PAMFC to have a Port Adelaide presence in the local competition. The one club unification of 2012 was the best way to fix the mess that was created 15 years prior.

Call it murder, it concerns me little. If the transition into the national competition was handled as intended, there would be little debate.
by valleys07
Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 - The new, the old and the who?

Scans have confirmed that Richmond defender, Alex Rance has ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in last night’s 33-point win over Carlton, and will miss the remainder of the 2019 season.

Rance suffered the injury during a marking contest in the third quarter of the game.

Rance, 29, will consult with a surgeon today and is expected to have surgery to repair the damage in the coming days.

“We’re really disappointed for Alex that he’ll spend an extended period of time out of the game, he’s a wonderful player and fantastic leader of our team,” Richmond General Manager – Football, Neil Balme said.

“Alex, to his credit, has been incredibly positive since the injury occurred, and we’ll continue to rally around him in the coming days and throughout his rehab process.

“While we’ll miss his on-field contribution this season, we know he’ll apply the same dedication and discipline to his rehab and recovery, and we will continue to provide our ongoing support to him.”

Scum on twitter last night celebrating this...
Social media is a cancer

People like Richo with their profile just need not respond. It's what these wankers want, and the sooner their posts get zero likes, comments and reacts, the sooner it will stop.
by valleys07
Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 - The new, the old and the who?

HH3 wrote:Some quality on Nuffies on AFL Pages today 8)

A good read whilst I ate lunch- a BLT with Rance dressing.
by valleys07
Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 For Rucks Sake!

Rumours of Marty Hore and Sam Collins missing this week are now circling.

I might be forced into a corrective trade after all.

Hore is out as is Ridley for those like me seduced by his JLT scores

I was on the Ridley train :(

From the 1576 idiots who traded out Grundy, were any of them fellow Hoggers?

I'll bank the 137 for the C.
by valleys07
Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - It’s a long way back from 0-2

Carlton bring yesterday's level of intensity next week and they are a huge show against Sydney.

For the first time in his career, Weitering looked very much at home at CHB. Controlled the air, some of his intercept marks were terrific given the conditions.

I'm big wraps on Curnow, but Harry McKay has all the tools to rip the competition apart in a couple of years. Carlton have a gem there.
by valleys07
Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Xavier Duursma covered 17.4kms on Saturday. That is the 9th highest distance covered since GPS data tracking was published (start of 2017). Only Tom Scully, Andrew Gaff and Nick Roberton have covered more.

Quality numbers from a 2nd gamer!
by valleys07
Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |