Search found 103 matches

Return

Re: 2023 Adelaide footy League - Division 6

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:The 224F usually does that.

Best to get the 224X - or risk stopping at one of the other local clubs. 8)

Been 25 years since I jumped on the old 224F - where i met the first wife, on it - should've jumped on the 226F instead :lol:
by Executive Member
Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 2

I was being slightly facetious with the 1 term thing. But what my point is you can have a college side bring in an abundance of 0 pointers as well as their 15 points allocated. They can literally recruit a whole new 21.

Kid finishes school, goes and plays at a suburban club for 3 years, plays some SANFL footy, goes back to old scholar team a 0 pointer. The metro clubs kids get cherry picked to the private schools on footy scholarships. I find it interesting that pre the APPS coming into play college sides sat in the lower divisions, they now occupy almost half of Div 1, a few in Div 2 and 3.

And no don’t put me in charge of APPS. I’ll run you a great canteen though ;)

What's the difference between a player returning to play with his school mates at an old scholars club (zero pointer), and returning to his suburban club where he played juniors (also zero pointer).

PNU for example can go an recruit as many 25 year old's as they want, provided they played enough juniors with PNU.
ROCs should have the same opportunity to recruit the 25 year olds that played enough school games with Rostrevor.

Some of these colleges have a 1st, 2nd and sometimes 3rd 18. How many of those kids each year are then an option for their OS team coming out of year 12? Yet PNU might get what? 5-6 u/17.5s come up each year?

PAC have an E grade I believe and then we have community clubs struggling to fill B grade sides.

well considering a side could play with 45 points in their B Grade side down, I am not sure how the points would stop PAC having an E Grade Team
by Executive Member
Tue May 16, 2023 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Geoff Heard OAM

Huge congratulations to Geoff Heard on being awarded an AOM in Kings honors list yesterday

Heardy is a long standing Scotch man as well as a Life member of the League for his tireless work of rules & regs and more recently Historian of the League

Well done Geoff
by Executive Member
Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |