Search found 69 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

How did everyone find the umpiring in the reserves game with the league appointed umps? I must say the two we had were excellent, communicated really well with the players and had great control of the game. Hats off to you both.
Very good in our game too. Its a shame it has come to that though.
Shouldn't be a shame. It's great that the league has their umpire numbers improving like they are.

Exactly, why is it a shame ??? Well done to the league and Colin Rowston in particular, to have attracted so many umpires. Can't wait for the day when we get league appointed goal and boundary for both grades, then i can afford to pay someone to do MDO and my day becomes a lot easier. ;)
by old farmer
Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What u on about or smoking?
He's saying there is a player in the Ingle Farm back 6 who has been given ample opportunity to cement a spot in the 1s not just this year but over the past few, and just can't make the transition work on a regular basis, and should give up on him, ship him back to B grade.

Bit harsh given the back 6 combined to only concede 11 majors on Saturday and his direct opponent didn't kick any :roll:

Exactly. Our back 6 are extremely well coached and rarely the reason for us conceding goals. ;)
by old farmer
Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

Wundke brothers two very handy inclusions for the Rams tilt at the Flag
They are PNU lads aren't they? Why aren't they playing for Payneham?

Not good enough Senor. Had the privilege of watching Jimmy play most of his junior footy at North and if he wasn't 7 foot and went to college, probably wouldn't have got a game.
Now, before you all jump on how many years he has been at league clubs, count his league games and get back to me. Even struggled in the RMFL. Michael the only decent Wundke, and they are like rabbits.
by old farmer
Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

morell wrote:I've never been more uncomfortable in my mediocre safooty.net career.

I prefer FootyWang ripping into me tbh.

It's only div 7 FFS and your coach has a reputation for playing his favorites, no matter how s**t they are.

There you go, feel a bit better ;)
Now put us back in your top 3.
by old farmer
Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not the prettiest game at the Farm yesterday, well done to the Tossers for hanging on.
Just like to wish Sam Naylor a speedy and safe recovery from what looked like a broken ankle or lower leg, kids got a heart of gold and hasn't deserved his retched run with injuries over the years.
Can't imagine the feeling Gen and Bill are going through, all the best Sammy.
Will be sorely missed for the rest of the season.

Thanks CC. Sam unfortunately broke 3 of the 5 Metatarsals in his right foot. 2 pointing one direction and 1 pointing the other. pretty close to snapping his foot in half. Surgery today to realign the bones and insert a plate. Not happy about coming off on a stretcher, ruined his reputation he reckons.
anywhere from 2-8 weeks in a cast, so looks like he sits on 99 games for a while.
Maybe we try and turn him into a right footer now with that plate and he might be finally able to kick more than 30m.
by old farmer
Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Actually, I just read your signature so **** it.

You deserve a lot of credit, Zartan, for helping improve your clubs image. You might cop a bit of a ribbing from people on here (sometimes fair) but you do your club and yourself a lot of credit with your demeanor, pragmatism, candour and sense of humour.

#ZartanForIngleFarmPresident

Ssshhhhh, don't talk him up too much, please [-o<

However you are correct. We are fortunate enough at the moment to have 2 coaches who could step into that roll easily. Maybe an even higher position, such as Sporting Club President, which has been lacking the right person since the great Rock Hard Ray McCard held the position.
Very fortunate he has hung around to develop our depth for Paul Manuel, when he could easily choose to go after an A Grade position somewhere else.
Now enough of talking you two peanuts up. Back to ripping into each other. ;)
by old farmer
Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not that a kid should have been upset but tend to agree there should be a minimal age for goal umpiring in a grade footy

The 15 year old in question has applied to join Adelaide Footy League as a goal umpire. We had another 15 year old that helped out in the C Grade join the league as a goal umpire earlier this year and has been umpiring senior men's and women's men's games. So if they can join the leagues umpiring ranks at 15 then I have no problem using them. FWIW, he normally shares the boundary duties in the A Grade with the lad that done it yesterday and we have an adult goal umpire as a regular. He was away this weekend. And it's not like we don't see dispute over goal decisions on a weekly basis with older goal umpires. And with some goal umpires that other clubs have, I have no problem with our boys and he done a great job yesterday. He will probably need to get a bit thicker skinned if He wants to go down the umpiring path.
by old farmer
Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Absolutely shattered to have missed out on a Zartan alcohol fuelled posting spree. Only 1 other does it better, and that's the great man who posted above, nothing beats an after midnight Carey post or 2!!

I do find the whole goal umpiring saga interesting, given the grief I copped for having a boundary umpire who was alleged by Ingle Farm to be 'too young' to do it.. He was 20 years old at the time. That was in a B grade game as well. FWIW, I have seen 40 year old men umpire on field and in goal make dubious calls under pressure, so I don't think its fair to throw a kid under the bus, when professionals still require the help of video replays to make calls up to 6 times a game..

Lets hope Pulteney can recover from this massive blow, only 2 games plus 8% clear on top with 3 games to play now......... They should feel real hard done by, could be season defining

HAHAHAHAHA , your boundary umpire looked 5 years old not 20. Would have easily had anyone asking where his parents were. Anyway, please, comments on goal umpires from Trinity. Best you just leave it alone. I would back my kid in over anyone i have ever seen you guys produce. =))
Hope you are popping down for finals this year HT. you have been sorely missed by many. :roll:
Just make sure it is week 1.
by old farmer
Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Life ban

3 reports

Bloke from Salisbury west got 8 for a headbutt

Aaron lord from Smithfield got 6 for striking

Clifton from eastern park 3 for striking

interesting that the suspensions are from northern clubs!!!!! Stop picking on those clubs from the wrong side of Grand Junction RE :roll: ;)

Grand junction Rd also know as the mullet line.

Bogan Bingo at IF this Saturday night. More than welcome to come along :lol:
by old farmer
Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shout out to Hendo and his lads on their efforts Saturday - Houghton 'B' grade a far improved outfit from Rd 9 - beat them by around 180 in Rd 9 but battled to win by 16 points Saturday!

Deserved to win the game with their F50 entries, but unfortunately a lack of direction heading forward cost them shots on goal. Controlled majority of the game. Glanville in the ruck was massive around the ground, can't recall him losing a tap, and Kerrigan was easily one of your best all day. Good to see Sebastian named in the best too - thought he was outstanding on the wing - cant kick, but hunts the ball well and finds plenty of it.

Henderson stiff not to get a mention in the best players - the 67 year old veteran was Wayne Carey like in the 1st term, plucking contested marks at will across half forward.

Not bad place to watch footy from at the top of the hill either, food was amongst the best i've had all year, the vast array of craft beers was a pleasant change from the same old red tins or super dry at other clubs, and i managed to get a nice bottle of cab sav which went down a treat! :D

I know our lads enjoyed having a few drinks up there - best part being the fact hardly any of them had reception so the partners couldn't call :lol:

Great hospitality after the A grade game too. I know the boys that hung around enjoyed the free beers while they were there, and lets not mention the 2 litre flask of Grappa. :partyman: Cheers Houghton.
On a side note, spent all day trying to find someone to take Zatan's reference, but know one wanted anything to do with it. =))
by old farmer
Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

Robb_Stark wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:I see Pooraka # 2 got reported, what will be the consequences for Pooraka should he be found guilty?

Nothing Pooraka are on no sanctions

How is it possible to get dropped a division for disciplinary reasons and not be placed on an AAA. :-?
by old farmer
Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And take some care. There are innumerate examples of brothers getting mixed up. People that look similar getting mixed up. Players that were injured early on but because they're well known still getting votes.

Its not nitpicking when a player gets 1 vote when he was clearly BoG or a player not getting votes when he perhaps deserved to. It's actually fundamental and obvious errors.

I don't blame the umps. Their job is hard enough. To be expected to accurately adjudicate the worthiness of individual players games is far too onerous.

In my mind, the best placed people involved in the game at our level who have the buy in, knowledge, vantage point and time to make a fair call are the coaches.

If i was an umpire (god help us ) i would note my best players at 1/2 time from each team and then do the same for the second half. I would also use guernsey numbers, not names.
But in saying that. i am sure that not too many umpires below div 4 could think that logically.
You will find not so many discrepancies in the higher grades as you get better umpires. Simple, get out of the lower divisions......
by old farmer
Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congrats to Ingle Farm on making the GF. Division 5 awaits, exciting times ahead. Commiserations Zartan, another solid year that should be a good building block for the step up to div 5R. As much as we have had our differences across the board, hats off to Old Farmer for the work put in to the club, you cant begrudge hard working and passionate people success, and I wish him all that. Good luck this weekend, I think even I want to see you guys beat Pulteney..

Thank you HT. Always been a firm believer of what happens at the footy stays at the footy and have enjoyed our banter over the years. I appreciate the recognition and still remember being called to a meeting with Wayne Knowles and Dave McAuliffe in late 2011 and asked to come back to the club to help turn things around and get them on the right track again. It's taken some work and a couple of hiccups along the way, but we now have 2 of the best coaches going around and a great young team and maybe we can enjoy some success in the next couple of years as reward. Yes i love my club and are very passionate and i will never change. Once a farmer, always a farmer. We all come from Ingle Farm, do dah.
by old farmer
Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'd pay $100 to get into Edwardstown on Saturday to see my club win a flag. Not going to spend my week complaining about where we have to play and how much it is going to cost.
by old farmer
Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Love how there are 2 sets of rules for SA Footy. Guess it's who you know.
As for the Tirade thrown at Inallseriousness, I will say that we all have a lot better knowledge of James than you do Carey. Maybe drop him or don't give him a coaching job, then you may see what a s**t bloke he can be. I find it funny too, and if you have a problem with that, well, you know where i am, or just go ahead and abuse me. We all now know you won't get banned. ;)
by old farmer
Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Also a massive congratulations to Old Farmer who Friday night was awarded life membership of the Ingle Farm Football Club.

A loyal and fiercely passionate Ingle Farm man, he's put his life on hold over the years for the betterment of the club. From player to committee member, Chairman, Coach, Footy Director, tribunal advocate - he's done it all, and I the club wouldn't be where it is today if he hadn't come back and put the hours and effort in he has over the journey, particularly these last 5 years or so.

From rock bottom, he's helped turn the club around - both on field, and off field, and got it heading in the right direction once more.

Congrats old man.

Couldn't have said it better Bedge. He is everything a true club person is all about. Congratulations mate, very much deserved.

Thanks Guys. Was totally unexpected and nice surprise on the night. It is an honor and a privilege to be awarded life membership to our great Club.
by old farmer
Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Coaching Appointments for 2018

Simon Maddern announced Friday night as the new coach of port district fc
Is it unusual for a coach who has never coached before to be named as head coach of a D1 club?

Pretty sure Backwell had only ever been an assistant before coaching Princes to a flag in his first year on the job. Don't think Mitch Sandrey had coached before taking over TTG either

Incorrect. Mouse was the Reserves Coach at the Bay and took them from memory to a prelim.

Sandery transitioned from Player to Player Coach.

In other news, not sure if its been reported or advertised but OSB-Lonsdale are on the lookout for a new coach after parting ways with Rosco Brokendick[ /quote]

He just wan't up for it anymore
by old farmer
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I sort of don't understand all this argument. There is a rule in place that Fitzroy have every right to adhere to and if they wish to, that is their right. maybe critisise the rule and not the clubs. And you are all arguing over the Glenunga Six, who spread themselves out and go to different clubs to see what offers they can get, promising to bring 6 players, then they obviously choose the best offer and go.
If you tell me they are not getting paid at WC, i call bulls**t
by old farmer
Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:Greg Phillips to coach Ingle Farm

You'd think he'd wait till next week to make sure the team gets back from Bali first....
Anyway, the new chairman is there with them, so doubt this has even happened. Another SA Footy sure thing.
by old farmer
Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |