Search found more than 1251 matches

Return

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CUek-pDFfW ... =copy_link

I'm sure he's just an antivaxer it couldn't possibly be happening, our hospitals here have no one in them lol
by daysofourlives
Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Melb Cup Day Punters Club

Well ive been smashing the gym, lifting lots of heavy weights in readiness to carry you blokes once again!

Whats better than 1x1500 win?
thats right 2x 1500

in and paid for 2 shares

edit, didnt read the PM properly, ill be the one with no reference details :D
by daysofourlives
Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No-one wears masks in Darwin, Adelaide River on a croc cruise boat, Humpty Doo pub, Litchfield National Park, anywhere in Kununurra, El Questro,
why do we in SA have to wear one?
Because we are nearer to the reckless idiots in the major eastern states, NSW and VIC., and of course the feds.
Therefore we are more likely to get carriers bring it in over the border without us knowing in advance.
Qld is relatively more cautious than the others easterners, and provides the NT with something of a buffer.
Lower population density probably also helps.

What absolute rubbish, the only reason we still have any restrictions is the hospital system is broken and overloaded and there is an Election in March. Cant have the health system get exposed befor ethen, would be the death of the Marshall government
by daysofourlives
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good news, it seems its not that hard to get a vaccine exemption on religious grounds.

Lucky i found the Lord while on sabbatical from here.
by daysofourlives
Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Punters Club 2021 - DERBY DAY

JK wrote:
Brodlach wrote:MR 8 No 11 Chaillot

Huge fan of this horse

Huge fan of the trainer, you wouldnt lose money if you backed everything he trains, big odds often, follow the money if it goes on, more often than not its Bates riding
by daysofourlives
Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

few roughies i like tomorrow, cant back em all, well you can if you get one early

1- 2 Daily Bugle and 9 Capital Legend 3rd & 4th
2-5 Fun Fact Last
3-10 Kapalua Sunset
4- Samizdat
5 Kapulau Sunset
6 *Jungle Magnate, Teewaters
7 *Kallos, Shequero, Bruckner
8 King Magnus, superstorm, Chaillot
9 Mileva, Written Beauty

*best bets

Golden Eagle
I have a bit of mail from the Neesham yard
Laws of Indices $26 is the better horse with more class overall
Reve De Vol $67 is flying on the track
A win by either would not surprise the stable, both are way over the odds.
Both 1st up in Australia.
They believe both will be better horses than Zaaki
at those odds can back them both
by daysofourlives
Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

JK wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Daisys on the board Ambitious Prince R2 at Eagle Farm @ 41
First win in 485 days, always back horses with triple 5s and 7s for last three races

Amazing how often the roughies get up in smaller fields .. Got the 1st in Adelaide so on the board, just not aswell as yourself lol

I backed that one too
by daysofourlives
Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Punters Club 2021 - MELBOURNE CUP DAY

Ive swapped with Corona Man

R3 #7 Standoff
by daysofourlives
Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2021

I had a little chuckle at a Power Supporters Facebook group suggesting Polec is just what they need and they should use pick 92 to bring him back.

If for no other reason than to bring joy to this forum it would be worth it

Oh and the admins name that posted it, Dave from Alberton
by daysofourlives
Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Trade rumours and discussion

why wouldnt you delist Atkins and hope like **** someone picked him up if you wanted salary off the books
by daysofourlives
Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Another one on the move from Angle Vale.

Fair list of outs so far.

I would hate to be an administrator at a footy club these days. Can you put all the good strategies in place, have all the best intentions, throw whatever coin and resources you have...……………….then one person leaves and the whole thing crumbles everyone scatters.

For me amateur/country footy is in a sad state of affairs. I miss the days of blokes playing for the love of the game and being loyal to their suburb/town/junior club.

Totally agree, it all changed about 2005 roughly.
It went from locals in the country would remain loyal and play for their home town pretty much regardless where life took them and your recruits would essentially be ex league, reserves or div 1 amateurs looking for coin. Then locals decided they wanted a piece of the pie which was never going to be sustainable so off they went chasing coin. Its a sad state of affairs now.
You can get all the right recruits to your club but then you lose a couple locals and its a massive set back and they cant be replaced at all.
by daysofourlives
Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Entry to SANFL games

If the SANFL follows the SMA requiring 12 year olds to be vaccinated, that will be the end of my family of four attending games (and volunteering). Other venues are 16 plus. My wife and I are double vaxxed, but I'm not getting my 12 year old vaxxed.

Any vax or just Covid?
Just Covid, he's fully vaxxed for everything else. I've heard so many leading immunoligists and pedetricians stating immunising children against COVID is not necessary.

Good on you, i wouldnt be subjecting any kids to especially with the high rates of myocarcditis in teenage boys. Dont listen to the others mate, the risk is way too high for kids who dont need it. Id go as far to say that are being irresponsible parents by subjecting their kids to a vaccine they dont need. They clearly havent done any research and any doctor saying kids should be vaccinated should lose their license. There is far more negatives than positives in that age group. Dont play roulette with your kids lives
by daysofourlives
Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Im 18 all year round, cant stand being hot
by daysofourlives
Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Belgian Beer Cafe- work Christmas dinner.

Not terrible, but really just an overpriced pub. And really hard work getting a drink with the table service. With the exorbitant prices and company credit card on deck you'd have thought they'd milk it.

5/10

Now a Woolies owned pub
Is the Gepps Coopers Ale House still under this umbrella?
Yes, another in the Endeavour/ALH Group
Also Halfway Hotel (HQ located here)
Findon
Finsbury
Rex
Links
Ramsgate
Hendon
Royal Oak
Village
Norwood
Enfield
Hub
Espy
Exeter
Henley
Watermark
Slug and Lettuce
Highbury
New York Bar and Grill
Eureka
Stockade
Seacliff
The Vic
Rose and Crown
Elizabeth
Playford
And a few in the country too

To me this a list of pubs to avoid, look after the small guys before the woolworths group, especially in covid times, woolworths certainly arent doing it tough, plenty of small business restaurants and pubs that are more worthy of your $$
by daysofourlives
Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So why is a traveller from NSW out having tea at a restauraunt awaiting a covid test result after flying in?

Why the f dont we have the rapid antigen test at the airport when they get off the plane? Its like they want to half stop it getting in, much like getting half pregnant

That’s what I don’t understand.
Why wasn’t the dude quarantined until he got the results?

Probably because no one has a fn clue what the rules are including SA Health
by daysofourlives
Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

unvaccinated are far more likely to get hospitalized after catching Covid.
.. but imagine if there was a medicine/treatment available like cold and flu tablets that people could take at home to dramatically reduce the chances of hospitalization - wouldn't that be worth pursuing?

Or how bout get out in the sun, do some exercise, eat good food, etc to boost your immune system. Im getting sick of of all these public Health officials ramming this message down our throat every single day
by daysofourlives
Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just thinking about that Jimmy and the Medicare levy. I'd be one of the rare ones that is well in front of the levy.
I've had one operation that was worth 100k on its own
That would please armchair expert, I'm sure he would think I should be paying that off
by daysofourlives
Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I cant claim this one myself, im sure many on here are starting to agree with most of this

Stop it. Just stop it. Stop making excuses.
We’ve gone from “a few weeks to flatten the curve” to fully vaccinated to see a doctor.
We’ve gone from “two vaccines to be fully vaccinated” to three, possibly four, five, six…
We’ve gone from “when we reach 70%, life will go back to normal” to 80%, 90%, 95%…
We’ve gone from “the vaccine is 100% effective” to not preventing infection, barely curbing transmission, and dwindling effectiveness against symptoms in less than 6 months.
We’ve gone from “the vaccine is 100% safe” to risks of blood clots, Guillain-Barre, myocarditis, pericarditis, and skyrocketing reports of adverse reactions on yellow card systems across the globe.
We’ve gone from “masks are relatively ineffective” to wearing masks when there is no active disease in the local community.
We’ve gone from “kids are unaffected by this disease” to promoting vaccines for 5-12 year olds.
We’ve gone from “vaccinate to get back to normal” to vaccine passports will be required to access normal necessities.
And here’s a few more “Stop-It’s” while I’m on my rant…
Stop telling me, “the vaccine is not experimental” when it is still in an experimental trial stage. Long term data is not in on mRNA vaccines for humans and no amount of data fudging and spin can prove otherwise.
Stop telling me, “we don’t have polio anymore, thanks vaccines” when mRNA vaccines are nothing like the polio vaccine, coronaviruses are nothing like poliovirus, and the first release of the polio vaccine resulted in a catastrophic pharmaceutical disaster.
Stop telling me, “but it still reduces the spread” when affected states and countries are at 90% levels of vaccination and returning record numbers of break-through cases. This is hardly a ‘pandemic of the unvaccinated’.
Stop telling me, “well, it’s about reducing the load on our health system” when they can afford to sideline thousands of healthcare workers, once celebrated for their heroic service on the frontline.
Stop telling me, “yeah, but we weren’t expecting this highly infectious new variant” when any virologist worth their salt will tell you this is exactly what viruses do. In general, they become more infectious and less dangerous over time.
Stop telling me, “it’s about keeping us safe” when they suppress treatments, threaten and harass doctors who speak out, censor dissenting scientific voices, and seemingly couldn’t give a toss about suicide, mental health, smoking, and drug and alcohol addictions which kill tens of thousands of Australians each year.
Stop telling me, “people still have a choice” when you know full well there is no choice when somebody’s livelihood, healthcare and welfare are at stake.
And finally, stop telling me, “it’s a conspiracy theory” when it’s all happening right there in front of you.
There is a virus. Yes. It’s a bad one. Precautions need to be taken. But, this response is a total overreach and most people know it. They may not express it. They may not acknowledge it. They may even argue against it. But, surely they can feel it. Something’s not right.
This is no longer about a virus. This is about passports, power and control. I don’t know where it’s coming from. I don’t know how it got here. But, it’s here. It’s global. It’s terrifying. And we must push back. We must.
Stop making excuses.
by daysofourlives
Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer (The Ashes) 2021/22

another miss by Carey

Hasn’t taken a 50/50 chance yet
Yep... its as bad as a dropped catch.
You are correct, Carey needs to go for those catches, but at the same time, Warner should also be going for the catch. That's why they stagger slips. In Adelaide Warner was jumping out the way and today he got a hand to it, but his weight was going the wrong way. Warner didn't go for that catch

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Warner doesnt fill me with much confidence in the slips, he's takes the ones he should but anything not in the bread basket he doesnt move very well at all.
by daysofourlives
Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA Footy NET AF Premiership - Sign up here

IN, might even be going for the threepeat, good luck boys, youll need it ;)
by daysofourlives
Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pakistan/Australia series

0/5 [1]
Bad light stopped play
I think its almost time to use a pink ball in Test cricket, put the stadium lights on if necessary , and play on
I like it, worth a try, or what would be wrong with changing to pink when we need to get the last 10 overs or so in. Time to put the people who pay the money to watch 1st for a change. The cricketers can stay out there for 90 overs no matter how long it takes, rain then becoming the only reason they cant play.
by daysofourlives
Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shane Warne dead!

Total shock, easily in the best 5 cricketers to have ever played the game, id rate him no2 behind Don.
Watching the tribute on Fox now, his best 50 wickets, just amazing to relive the genius he was. A massive ratio of wickets at Adelaide Oval which surprises me. Loving the flashbacks of the greatest time in ODI cricket when stadiums were packed.
I will miss his insights into the game through his commentary, him and R.Ponting the best two brains in Australian cricket. The intellectual loss to Australian cricket will be massive, the kids coming through that now wont get a word of advice from the great SK Warne.
by daysofourlives
Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - 2022

Any truth to the rumour the players have had enough of INXS before the game and are pushing for Transvision Vamp's Baby I dont care
by daysofourlives
Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 Hogg Chat

Happy with Neale as C first good decision of the year
by daysofourlives
Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TROTS Talk

Can someone explain to me how Tabs display their pool totals for individual races?
For instance why are pool totals for WIN pools displayed with odd amounts of cents when as far as i know all win bets have to be in multiples of 50 cents or $1 etc.

SA Tab paid a Win Div for Rockaball of $540.90. The Win pool was showing $1,081.80. So if $1.50 was invested on it for the win then that accounts for $811.35 or exactly 75% of the displayed Win pool.

The old days before flexi betting the pools and dividends (especially large multiple payouts like F4s and Quaddies etc) were easy to work out how many winning units were on them .

I'm sure someone has a simple explanation to this?

Ok, just realised that maybe they're displaying the pools with their commission already deducted from them ? That way punters cant work out the exact commission they're taking from each pool as the rate of commission may vary? Would that be right?
Like the old days commission was like 13.5% for win bets
16% quinellas
20% for Trifectas, Quaddies etc.

It was very transparent unlike these days it's all secretive it seems :roll:

I find it all a load of frogshit, one Sunday evening I collected $1100 on a $4 trifecta using a roving trifecta (11%) in Asia, when I looked at the screen it said there was only $984 in the trifecta pool, it was at the pub and traditionally a time where exotics pay bugger all on TAB.

Do all up/multis get shown in the pools? i imagine they do. Thats where the cents would come from
by daysofourlives
Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PLAY HQ

I come from mainly a cricket background and have had a lot to do with live scoring.
My question is, if any cricket club in the whole of Australia can do live scoring giving a ball by ball update, requiring up to 600 entries for a day why the hell cant AFL and football clubs across Australia do 30 or 40 entries per game to provide live scoring after each score is registered? I know AFL is only a little tin pot industry and maybe its unaffordable and an unreasonable request and too much strain on volunteers who are doing the scoring anyway :roll:
by daysofourlives
Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

NZ all out 132.

England start off at 0/58 by the end of the day are 7/116

Absolute disgrace they were 12 overs short of a full days play, especially the price patrons pay to get in at Lords, watch them get no penalty for it. I dont want to hear the 17 wickets fell crap excuse.

Lets ban anybody else entering the oval outside of the drinks breaks for starters. If a set of gloves doesnt last for an hour, bad luck. Time for some serious penalties that really hits the hip pocket and in addition to that make them stay out there and complete the overs.
by daysofourlives
Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Bum Crack wrote:Is anyone able to please post the list of the top 40 players? I can't access it on advertiser page.

No 3 for your rele if i recall correctly, ill see if i can post it a bit later
by daysofourlives
Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Booneys Balaklava Cup Bragging Rights Tipping Comp

Ill get us started, wont get on tomnorrow.
Are we doing TAB dividends eachway or points for a win, place?

1-2 Call me Al
2-6 Hooked on Wealth
3-10 Deepin Meaningful
4-8 Enlist
5-1 Hey Michael
6-1 Maid in Milan'
7-1 Addictions
8-12 Oh Mo
9-9 Perfect Command
by daysofourlives
Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Spring Carnival Punters Club 2022

OK Lads, random number generator has determined the batting order for Derby Day , as follows:

Race 1 - Carey
Race 2 - MT79
Race 3 - UK Fan
Race 4 - Dutchy
Race 5 - Bum Crack
Race 6 - MatteeG
Race 7 - Brodlach
Race 8 - Daysy #12 Yearning $45w Quin #12 and #13 $5
Race 9 - Jimmy

Will look to have all bets on by Friday night, so chuck in your selections once you've had a look and settled. FWIW, without knowing how many races will be on the card, Cup Day looks as follows:

Race 1 - Bertiebeatle
Race 2 - Lightning McQueen
Race 3 - Spargo
Race 4 - Pat Pirate
Race 5 - JK
Race 6 - Brodlach
Race 7 - Daysy
Race 8 - Mickey
Race 9 - Shano McQueen
Race 10 - Booney

That leaves us with 4 still left to bet, as follows (in order):

Mr Beefy
Jimmy
Gadj
JK

Open to suggestions as to whether these 4 bets are:

1) Interstate Race
2) 2nd Runner in a Flemington Race
3) Multi-Bets
4) Exotics
5) The First 4 races on Oaks day (Probably lean this way if everyone is comfortable with that)

Happy for People to trade races with another punter, you'll just need to work it our between you and let us know ASAP.

Clear as mud? Any questions, just sing out :-BD

Cheers,
JK
by daysofourlives
Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whats with all the EW bets, are we trying to get $23.50 back ;)
lets smash em :D
by daysofourlives
Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

gadj1976 wrote:Can't pick a winner, so I'll go wide.

Boxed Tri

2, 5, 7, 8, 11, 13

I like the 10 Carif in this race, the stars are aligning :D

Currently $71 so 50W
If i can have Left Hand Man in last race in Adelaide ill have the other $50 W on that. If not, uck it go 100W on Carif
by daysofourlives
Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Modernising Test Cricket

heres my take
All tests day night, with pink ball, reduced to four days, always starting on a Thursday. This allows for a Test every week, maybe we could fit in more test matches and have the WTC even more relative if we are able to get through a few more test matches each year. Not too many pink ball tests have gone five days anyway, with 4 day tests they could still have a reserve day if a whole day gets washed out. The bowling load is lighter so playing a Test each week with 3 days break is possible.

Fine both teams players for slow over rates, not just the fielding team. They have an extra half hour every day anyway, this is the allowance for reviews. No lenience because there was a high amount of reviews. Have more retired hurts, put rules in place that they must go off if they cant physically face up in the normal time frame, Warner last test was a prime example, how much time was wasted while he got cramp treatment, just get off the ground and get all the treatment you need. Same for concussion checks. Perhaps a retired hurt batsman can go back in at any time, he doesnt have to wait for a wicket to fall. If you find yourself behind adjust tactics, move faster etc etc.

No gear adjustments outside of drinks and longer breaks. No drinks outside of drinks breaks unless its hot or humid.

The touring team can bat first if they wish, if not then a toss is performed.

1st test is Boxing day, 26th to 29th, need to have later in season as its too cold in Oct/Nov for D/N. 2nd test Sydney Jan2nd to 5th. 3rd test Gabba needs to fall back to thurs to sunday. Maybe an extended time here of up to a 14 day break between 2nd and 3rd test to complete BBL. This year 3rd test would start on 19th Jan to 22nd, 4th test Adelaide ensuring that one of the days is on Australia day, this year starts on Thursd 26th jan to 29th. 5th test perth 2nd feb to 5th.
BBL starts in mid December, finishes Sunday 15th Jan. either reduce the number of games or play some triple headers, ie 3 teams play each other all on the same day. No BBL on test match days unless TV is happy for 11am games a s a lead in to the Days play of the Test.
This leaves all of October, November and half of December to complete the shield season, 10 weeks, 10 matches all D/N. Test players availble, if not on tour.
ODD after the BBL final during the Tests as a lead in to the ODI's in Feb after the tests. No T20 internationals apart from a world cup every 2 years.

sorry io got a bit off topic but every format needs to fit into the caledar to allow Test cricket to thrive and no point putting forward changes without a practical solution.

Drastic changes are required to keep it alive. Do you want to keep the traditions and not have it in 10 years time or do you want to keep it in a form that is pretty close to it?
by daysofourlives
Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SUPERCOACH 2023

Opened for gold members today, boiut to log in and have 1st crack
by daysofourlives
Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Shield 2023 - League sign ups for lower grades here

I have a mate Luke who would like to join, any level, team name Flysflagpies 49308 last year
by daysofourlives
Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian tour of India 2023

This is the problem you get when you have a Chairman of selectors and a coach of a Test team that never made it at the level, both solid shield cricketers at best, who else is in the selection panel? Cummins? nuff said

Im far from Heads biggest fan but he deserves first crack. Renshaw should have opened in place of Warner.

Now we have Finch talking Test cricket, give me a spell
by daysofourlives
Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

totally different subject but any chance someone can bat without the helmet?
There will be no ball delivered by India that even gets to tit height in this Test. Makes no sense
by daysofourlives
Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is what they should do for test 2

Khawaja
Head
Lab
Smith
Hanscomb
Green
Carey
Agar
Starc
Murphy
Cummins

Must have a left arm spinner, Lyon struggles anyway, Head gives a 2nd off spinner.
We all know Warner wont be dropped, has an agreement with CA to keep his mouth shut and they in turn will keep selecting him until he decides he's had enough
by daysofourlives
Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BLCA 2016-17

Angaston win their 6th A1 flag in 9 years rolling Sandy Creek for 75 getting there 5 down, not without a few nervous moments, slumping to 5/40 late on day 1.
Gawler Central win the A2s in a real up and down game, Eudunda/Robertstown wouldve been about 2/60, all out 74 then GC were 7/40 at one stage before not losing another wicket in the chase.
other premiers-
A3 Light Pass 4/90 def Angaston 89
A4 Angaston 5/201 def Tanunda 88
A5 Light Pass 8/182 def Tanunda 140
by daysofourlives
Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Predictions

Spargo wrote:Almost 2000 knocked out, only 1189 remain…

Im still alive, i went Fremantle over WCE. Lucky WCE lost 12 players to injury

Another hard week coming up, no way will i be taking Geelong
Surely 98% of people left will take Melbourne to beat WCE like i am
by daysofourlives
Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2023

Spargo wrote:
Booney wrote:I had 17 beers on the night.

Underperformed like your team…

Obviously didnt make a contribution after 3/4 time like the other 22.
Carey would never put up such a poor showing
by daysofourlives
Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have we all joined the Gauntlet on the AFL tipping site? 70000k left after the first week
by daysofourlives
Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Im staying away from the Port/WCE game, just one of those gut feelings, hopefully im right and theres about 10 people left after this week :D
by daysofourlives
Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hard one this week, im tossing up between Bris over GC or Coll over Carlton.
Very confident Hawks are better than WCE especially in Tassie but im not convinced we want to win

If you don't want to win you can kiss your club goodbye.

regards,

REB
It makes absolutely no sense to offload like we did and then win this game.
We'll be fine, we'll be back at the top when the draft becomes compromised again :D
Should be about the same time the Cats are tanking for pick 10
by daysofourlives
Wed May 17, 2023 7:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Season 2023

Lachie Hunter's one match suspension has been upheld.

Easy decision. He and Melbourne did themselves no favors with their appearance and testimony.

Absolutely not.
The tribunal said he should have let Rozee who was leading with his head go past him without contesting.

The AFL encouraging players to not protect themself, lead with the head and opponents will jump out the way.

This decision is a disgrace and will be appealed again and overturned.

Totally agree, where is the players responsibility to protect himself, that should be the first thought.
I suppose Hunter couldve stayed on his feet and let Rozee take his legs out and broken his leg but he didnt do that, he protected himself by bracing and turning side on like we have all been taught.
by daysofourlives
Wed May 24, 2023 6:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 11

Armchair expert wrote:Hawks are out of the Harley Reid race

Bruest kicks the sealer

5 goals in a row

Dockers up by 15 points in the 4th

dont worry about Reid, we are well and truly back in the premiership race :D
probably finish higher than Carlton
by daysofourlives
Sat May 27, 2023 7:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Season 2023

Ladder predictor for end of minor round :

Collingwood
Port Adelaide
Melbourne
Brisbane
Bulldogs
Adelaide
Fremantle
Geelong
------------
St Kilda
Essendon
Sydney
Gold Coast
Carlton
GWS
Richmond
Hawthorn
North Melbourne
West Coast

Collingwood
Lions
Port
Melbourne
Sydney
Bulldogs
Saints
Crows
------------
Bombers
Dockers
Cats
Giants
Suns
Carlton
Tigers
Hawks
North
Eagles

:D :D
by daysofourlives
Mon May 29, 2023 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 2023

Going to be really interesting to see the make up of the bowling attack for the Ashes.

I know he offers variety etc etc but just not sure how Starc will go this series. Went for close to 6 an over against the Indians who are not playing Bazball. Not sure variety is our best weapon against England......consistency of line and length wins the tests for mine. Look at the wicket of Bolands, a ball on a good line and length that just hit the seam and became unplayable.

I would be very tempted to play Cummins, Boland, Neser and Lyon and just test Englands patience.... lets get them switch hitting off a good line and length, lets seem some cross bat action from balls hitting the stumps.

Obviously Starc is a great one day bowler which potentially could translate to Bazball but I'm not convinced it will.
I understand your sentiment Whufc but like Bedge said Starc will play due to being the point of difference over Neser.

Yes Starc may be expensive but while I rate Neser as a very handy backup, can swing the ball both ways and is deadly when the conditions suit him at his pace I can see him being taken down quite easily by the English batters if there's no movement in the air and off the seam for him.

Im with WHUFC, Starc has never done anything in England and has never looked likely to. I have never been a Neser fan but he simply must play on his form in England in the lead up, Starc makes way imo, His batting the bonus
by daysofourlives
Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Starc will play due to point of difference if nothing else. Left arm, 150k, swinging new ball.. dangerous.
And the rough he creates for Lyon.

He hasnt created much rough this test because he's hardly bowled because hes bowling rubbish, going at 6s and doesnt look like taking a wicket. IMO the ashes will be lost before it gets started if we pick Starc in the first 2 tests before realising that hes no good, the selectors were happy to drop Head in India in a horses for course policy but the same isnt shown for bowlers from NSW in England. His bowling there is as bad as Warners batting.
We need to learn some lessons from this Final
by daysofourlives
Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Makes up for the catch yesterday, this will descend into a real hatred between the 2 countries for the rest of the series. Might just fire Stokes up enough to get another miracle

There was no break in play, thats out. Probably an argument that he wasnt attempting a run. I think its stumped, if they are giving it out. I dont think it can be run out as he wasnt attempting a run, could be wrong but thats my understanding.
by daysofourlives
Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |