Search found 620 matches

Return

Re: I need to know....

Anyone recommend where on the Yorke's is best to stay for a couple of nights on the weekend? I'm looking to be near a local that has TAB for Saturday afternoon and a recommendation for decent feed in the evening, tossing up between Moonta, Kadina or Wallaroo at this stage.

Just for two of us to unwind for a weekend and to get away for my birthday.
Are you back on the nest?
by Bum Crack
Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Miss 12 year old is really intrigued by what ‘horror movies’ are and wants to have her first horror movie experience. She has read all the goosebump books and computer games like 7 days to die

Rightly or wrongly I feel like the best thing to do is to guide this experience and watch one with her so I can control what it is and how she is coping.

What would people recommend as an introduction to ‘horror movies’?

As I kid me and a friend snuck Poltergeists vhs out and ended up shit scared for months. Don’t want that to end up being my daughter.
I watched poltergeist with my daughter and she fell asleep. I was devastated. Kids don't appreciate old school horror movies. She'd probably like scream.
by Bum Crack
Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Spargo wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Hey Doc got a chance? Hope so. I'm on.

Nice work.

13.50 boosted. 25 on the beak. Pays for some of my bets tomorrow.
by Bum Crack
Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 AFL Grand Final Richmond v Geelong

Can we delete this thread now lol. Thanks.
by Bum Crack
Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

The new Borat movie. I have tears. Geez the yanks must hate him. The debutante ball father and daughter dance is ******* hilarious.
by Bum Crack
Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The best AFL team of the modern era.

Corona Man wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Brisbane is the only team in that lot that won 3 in a row so for mine they are the best!

Are you sure about that?

I think he meant 3 in a row against quality opposition.
by Bum Crack
Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Melb Cup Day Punters Club

Yeah agree JK, try and keep it as simple as possible is the best way I reckon.

Do we make it $50 on the nose?

Either that or $25/$25, whatever you prefer really bud given you’ll be chucking.

Other option is we cap the group at 14, 10 punters all get a race each and the remaining 4 select a Quaddie leg each?

Thoughts lads?
Na to quaddie. If we bomb out first leg those other three basically not getting an opportunity to get a winner. What was first suggested is the go I reckon. Everyone has a 50 buck bet.
by Bum Crack
Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Melb Cup Day Punters Club

With no disrespect to anyone as I see everyone having merit in their suggestions and to be honest, it's going to be a different format to how I envisaged but I'm fine with that.

I suggest that the thread be locked now that everyone has chucked their 2 bob in and we'll let JK and Dutchy nut it out and re-open the thread once they have decided on how we roll?

I think we are all making it far more difficult on them than it needs to be, myself included.
Ease up Turbo ;)
by Bum Crack
Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Negative defensive footy cure?

Sick of this attitude that defensive/pressure footy is a bad thing. Defence wins premierships...
I would rather watch an enthralling contest than a one sided goal fest.

I strongly believe the true measure of a side is 1. How they handle the pressure and 2. How well they can shut down sides and apply as much pressure as possible on the opposing side for long periods of time.

Ball movement and goals will follow if you can achieve that
Well sunshine, it ain't working & that's my point!
The game has become a tedious defensive roving scrum with low scores,
BORING .
Not if you're a Sydney supporter. Which is the point I was getting at.
by Bum Crack
Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Retirements and delistings / trade talk

goddy11 wrote:Hope they totally screw the cats.

I'm happy for him to stay there. Apparently Menagola off to Freo because cats won't offer a long term contract. Has his best year of footy and they may lose him. Pisses me off. **** Cameron.
by Bum Crack
Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:GWS officially match the Geelong offer for Cameron.

Good. Leave him there.
by Bum Crack
Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: US

Booney wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Booney wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Here comes our man

With all due respect, f*ck off.
I got mates who will win ridiculous coin if Trump wins

That's hardly reason for anyone to want him to win.

Bloody oath it is. Money is money
by Bum Crack
Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:I would have just bought a new freezer

He ended up just buying a new beach house.
by Bum Crack
Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is the Cameron to Geelong deal going to go ahead? I have not taken any interest in the trade period thus far. I'm still pissed off we are considering letting Menegola go to Freo GWS have rejected your two firsts and now want all 3 first rounders.

Heading the same way as Saad. Apparently Essendon and Carlton had all but signed off last night and Carlton pulled out at the last minute
If we give up 3 first rounders for him I will stop supporting them and become a Power supporter.
by Bum Crack
Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Anyone had a bet on the Masters? Just had $10.00 on Louis Oosthuizen at 67/1. I back him every year and yet to win a bet on golf but you never know if you don't have a go. Is there a thread for this yet?
by Bum Crack
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Cats to fall off the cliff

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Thank **** I'm a port supporter. Go Power!!!!!
by Bum Crack
Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wonder if they go McDonald hoping Tilthorpe is still there at 9
Wells will get him at pick 51 ;)
What do you care, Port supporter

There's nothing better than an SA Footy piss take coming along that you just know has some serious miles in it.
Looking forward to seeing how Alir Alir goes for us next year. I'm excited.
by Bum Crack
Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And change my ******* Avatar back u smart arse ****.
by Bum Crack
Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Mythical Creature wrote:So with sports cancelled for 2 weeks does this include golf? I havnt seen anything either way.

Na golf is still allowed as it's classed as a recreational activity.
by Bum Crack
Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

6 days man. Not the end of the world. Have a BBQ and a few reds and chill out. It's all good. I'm with Marshall on this one. Haters gonna hate.
by Bum Crack
Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cooking sime lamb sticky ribs for lunch accompanied by a couple bottles of red. Gotta mow lawns first. All good here.
by Bum Crack
Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

6 days man. Not the end of the world. Have a BBQ and a few reds and chill out. It's all good. I'm with Marshall on this one. Haters gonna hate.

If you are PAYG employee no dramas, have to take some annual leave at worst, how about small business owners? Everyone going on about if we do this we will be able to have a traditional christmas, small business owners will be broke while others enjoy their turkey.
6 days better than 6 weeks ol mate. Short term pain for long term gain hopefully.
Gee, aren't you as happy as a pig in shit :lol: :lol:
I am today actually
by Bum Crack
Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:Working with women.

They sit on my desk bagging the hell out of each other but all lovey dovey when they're together, I know I get a fair shellacking when I leave for the day :lol:

Yeah I hear ya. I despise people like that. Two faced ****!!!!
by Bum Crack
Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Heading down to Katarapko Creek after work with 8 mates and we're going to sit in the creek with our deckchairs and esky's and drink goon and sunkist all night and have a shit load of laughs with the tunes cranking and play poker for coin later in the night and then head home first thing in the morning for a day on the couch in the air conditioned eating cyclones all day.
by Bum Crack
Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Name the '80s artists

Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:I know I wouldn't listen to half the shit they made, that's for sure.

#worstdecadeofmusicbarnone

Hell no. Nothing wrong with a bit of 80's.

Bit of Culture Club ringing out at Katarapko on the weekend was there?

Na. I had Bronski Beat and Frankie Goes To Hollywood cranking.
by Bum Crack
Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:I know I wouldn't listen to half the shit they made, that's for sure.

#worstdecadeofmusicbarnone

Hell no. Nothing wrong with a bit of 80's.
by Bum Crack
Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Magellan wrote:Two ways you can approach this puzzle: (a) try to recognise the faces, or (b) think of an 80's pop star and see if you can find their face.

On the latter, I can't seem to locate Feargal Sharkey?

A good Fergal these days is hard to find.
by Bum Crack
Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Netflix

Anyone here like Ozark? I really like it but getting a bit too far fetched now.
by Bum Crack
Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

Did our 1st visit to the Woolshed Brewery while up in Renmark last week, fantastic spot.

The Hard Lemonade certainly packs a punch, a mate had a few there and then took a 6 pack back to camp for the night, he smashed them in 2 hours and was in bed shortly after :lol: He said they feel like they have codeine in them!

Personally I loved the Summer Ale, cracking beer, will be hunting some down in Adelaide.
Agree, the Hard Lemonade is great but can sneak up on you, got stuck in when I was up there about a year ago.
The last time I had an all day session on the hard lemonade at the brewery I ended up pissing the bed. 15 pints of that and you're blotto.
by Bum Crack
Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Walk down the river with the dogs, golf at 10 and on the piss all arvo at the Tavern.
by Bum Crack
Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sooo.... what didya get?

Ugly stik road and a u beaut baitcaster reel
by Bum Crack
Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
Spargo wrote:Hmmm, says I’ve registered for both but yet to receive any email...

It might take 24 hours or more.

Just got mine come through on SMS just then.
by Bum Crack
Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer 2020/21

Suck shit Warner ya cheating dog. Get rid of that pathetic Mo too ya flog.
by Bum Crack
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2021

Booney wrote:I'll give him one thing, his passion for being anti-Port is stronger than his passion for being pro-Centrals, takes a really special person with a really sound inferiority complex to keep that up.

Took longer than I expected.
by Bum Crack
Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lyon just never looks like bowling us to victory.
Great record but he’s no match winner.

I think he only plays now when the pitch suits as he shouldn’t be an automatic inclusion anymore.

I know it is hypothetical but do you believe we would of won if Shane Warne bowled yesterday?
Of course we would have. He's the real GOAT. Not too keen on his commentating though.
by Bum Crack
Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For me, the problem with the bowling unit was solely with Starc. He looked distracted, disinterested and bowled pathetically all series.

Would Starc be the only cricketer in the Australian squad were he isn't the best player in his house
Paine's missus would have to go close and she doesn't even play cricket.
by Bum Crack
Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Played in a two man ambrose yesterday at Berri. We were 5 under after 9 holes and ended up 3 under for the day. Front 9 we could do no wrong but ended up 2 over on the back 9. Love playing Ambrose. Good fun.
by Bum Crack
Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

While rating things, I used my travel voucher on the weekend, as I went to book a place they offered me a 2nd night half price, it was very enjoyable to have a mini getaway, pity about the weather though, I didn't get to do a lot of what I intended to though.

Walking down Rundle Mall on Monday during a heavy downpour there was some chick walking along with a tiny bikini asking people if they had a dollar so she could buy a towel, Adelaide didn't fail to deliver again, Monday night was going off in the city!

How did you get a place to accept the voucher on a weekend? Most places I've looked at only said Saturday night is no go.
I'm trying to book a Friday night in the city and it says there is no accommodation available with a voucher. Anyone else having this problem? Knew there would be some sort of issue.
by Bum Crack
Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep, I haven't been able to find a Friday or Saturday night anywhere.
maybe too fussy on your venue?

i know in round 1 a lot had blacked out saturday nights. almost forces you to look away from the main players
Not one joint is available on a Friday night and that's searching every venue on the list
by Bum Crack
Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Collingwood

The fact Eddie says that shit in the first place shows how arrogant he is. If there is anyone who knows what should and shouldn't be said, it's him. Anyone who sticks up for him has rocks in their head. He is a flog.
by Bum Crack
Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Off to Tanunda Pines this weekend for a golf (piss up) trip. Haven't played there before but heard it can be tough. Going to be shit house weather on Saturday. Cold and windy.
by Bum Crack
Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Has anyone here ever had to complete a form to oppose a development in their area?

We've just received a letter from PAE to advise that the owners of the little set of shops across the road have bought the residential house next door and are planning on knocking the house down to extend the shops and build a gym.

Over my dead body. :?
Might have to give Dennis Denuto a call for some legal advice.
by Bum Crack
Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Netflix

If you have Prime, check out the Wonderful White's of West Virginia. Basically a real life American version of Houso's. Quite entertaining.
by Bum Crack
Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide 2021

MW wrote:
Booney wrote:"Exhaustive search"

Too quick for you?

Hope he doesn't come out make a ridiculous statement that they are aiming to win 3 premierships in the next 5 years. Imagine being that stupid.
by Bum Crack
Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mate’s brother (Mick) was on a second date last night with a girl he’d been chasing a while. First date went really well, really really well.
Last night the topic of favourite music/bands was asked. Mick shares my genuine distaste for anything Coldplay. His exact words were “I’ll listen to anything, and I mean anything except those blokes impostering musicians from Coldplay”. Mick wasn’t to know his date idolised them, as in had seen them over 20 times around the world. She burst into tears & left him high & dry half way through their second drink.
He said he got no less than 30 text messages from her afterwards ranging from sad to downright vicious. Her final one (at around 3am this morning :lol:) suggested he seek professional help as no one sane could hate Coldplay.
Good to see I am not the only person on this earth who absolutely despises that band more than any other.
by Bum Crack
Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Never really understood people disliking certain music/artists, just listen to music you like?

Having an East Londoner for a father it was almost impossible to avoid as a child in the 80's. My siblings loved it, all the family friends loved it but I just didn't get it hey...… use to hate when the Clash, the Who, Pink Floyd, Supertramp, Stone Roses came off and the stones came on.
Love Supertramp. One of my fave bands.
by Bum Crack
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2021

Well I thought it was great to actually see some goals getting kicked. Hope it continues throughout the year. Footy's back baby!!!!!!!!
by Bum Crack
Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Republic

Leave it as it is. I don't see the issue.
by Bum Crack
Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 2 wrangling

Anyone who thinks Geelong and Brisbane won't be playing finals need their heads read.
by Bum Crack
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

The world is getting worse, cos someone, somewhere is offended by the use of a word which has multiple meaning, but of course, in their mind it can only be offensive.

No, the world isn't getting worse because someone, somewhere is getting offended, it's getting worse because someone, somewhere thinks the people getting offended shouldn't be when they really should just mind their own business.

“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so f*cking what."

Stephen Fry, 2005.
I woudn't say it's getting worse either. There's just a lot of **** who like to get offended by trivial shit. But hey, each to their own.
by Bum Crack
Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |