Well played
Been the difference here
by amber_fluid
Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

How people change careers in their 30s?

Long story, short, my 14th year of teaching, and I've loved every bit up until the last few months, and starting to find that the enjoyment really is being sapped out of the profession. Extra admin jobs (ie inputting all behaviour incidents, even minor, on a daily basis, usually at 8.30pm after kids have gone to bed), being told 'how' to teach (ie have to follow crap lessons the Ed Dept have made that don't carter to all students), dealing with behaviour that I just have to shake my head at followed by dealing with parents who refuse to acknowledge their child could make a mistake, could go on. Wife has pulled me up a couple of times for snapping at my own kids over little things (I'm just 'kidded-out' by the end of the day). Just getting over it. The in-class stuff when I get to be myself in the way that I teach, build relationships and watch some kids grow is awesome. The rest, I feel done with. Debating whether to take some LSL for a re-fresh, or take it all and just not return.

Saw an ad for a job I felt I could do quite well, in a different field, but one I'm equally passionate about. A teaching degree clearly wasn't involved or needed, and the degree that was input as a 'desirable' I obviously don't have, but thought my passion for it could take me a long way. Wrote an application, but chickened out and didn't send it. Starting to get a bit of regret at not at least throwing my hat in the ring.

With a mortgage and two kids, re-studying for three-four years doesn't sound all that appealing when I feel I have skills that could be transferable. Just wanted to see if anyone else had changed industries and how they went about it.

Try your luck out there mate as there are plenty of opportunities out there even if you change fields.
Do it for 6-12 months and see if it’s for you.
You can always go back to teaching if you feel the need to.

I changed jobs after 15 years about 9 months ago and haven’t looked back.
It’s not an entirely different field but the same applies.

I took LSL to work out if I wanted to stay and spent that time researching and upskilling to keep occupied then realised I definitely needed a change.

I spent 3-4 years undecided on whether to change but glad I did.

Good luck as it’s a big decision either way
by amber_fluid
Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ducted air conditioner
I have a 7 zone and 9 outlet system with one of those zones being a continuous zone.
It’s a big unit with 16.5kw cooling.
My solar app which has always been pretty accurate shows I’m using 6.5kw regardless of which zone I have on.
My biggest zone is the living/dining area which is 6.5kw.
My smallest is my office which is 1.1kw.

I’m home and only running the office zone but my app is showing I’m using 6.5kw.

My understanding is that it should be using my office kw’s of 1.1 plus my continuous kw’s which is 1.2kw.

I am wrong here or is my a/c playing up?

Have you ever run below 6.5kW with the unit on? It may have a VSD that won't run below a certain capacity.

This is the first summer I’ve worked from home and had the app so just checking it now but does appear no matter what zone I use it uses 6.5kw. If I put on 4 zones that total 12kw it goes up to 12kw.
So it does appear to not go below 6.5kw as you’ve mentioned.

Means the compressor won't operate below 6.5kW then. Easy done.

It’s an expensive way to keep cool in my office at home.
I guess I can turn kids bedrooms on as well to keep cool as it won’t cost anymore
Thank god for solar as well which is producing 5kw currently
by amber_fluid
Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

So is "your time will come" a threat? Or was he saying there will be time for interviews in the future?
I don't get it.

Read what he said. He said he meant it as in one day you will be under pressure and have people hassle you about it and see how you handle it. I think that's bullshit TBH he meant it in the more menacing way.

He can’t seem to shake his small man syndrome
by amber_fluid
Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Things that give me the shits

When I'm about to post a punchline and Lightning Lefty Mcqueen posts similar to my punchline before me.
It's the quick or the dead around here mate.

What was it, I'll go and delete it :lol: :lol:

It was that one off funny one you posted in amongst the other 50007 posts
by amber_fluid
Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide

Adelaide the latest to come out with their five year plan…

Always makes for 5 minutes of laughing reading all the comments from non supporters and supporters.

It's interesting, if I came out and said "I plan on paying off my mortgage by the time I'm 55 and having two toy cars in my shed" nobody would laugh, they'd wish me all the best and hope that I get it done. If you're a football club laying out a vision, a plan then you get called everything under the sun. No harm in setting goals, having a target.

Yeah but your plan is realistic…………
by amber_fluid
Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian tour of India 2023

Handscomb batting with a floppy………..
by amber_fluid
Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

DF89A461-BF74-494E-AE95-B98A1F40DAC7.jpeg
by amber_fluid
Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2023

Every team and supporter has hope at this time of the year but the reality is Port aren’t playing finals again this year

Big call.

regards,

REB

Not really.
They never played finals last year and I can’t see how they’ve improved.
They’ve lost arguably their greatest ever player to retirement and also arguably their best player from last year in Amon.
Dixon, Boak, Jonas, Lycett are all the wrong side of 30 as well.
Plus they have a coach who persists with a game plan that doesn’t work.

They will finish in the 8-12 range like previous years I think.
by amber_fluid
Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL media

Brodlach wrote:I’m coming out of retirement

You’d struggle to catch Graham let alone Kane ;)
by amber_fluid
Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not sure whether to laugh or cry…
Customer I call on quite regularly calls me aside this morning & says “A coworker of mine here thinks you’re lovey, do you have a significant other?”
(Internal head wobble) “Yes, I’m married”, I replied.
He followed with “That’s a shame, ‘coz he’s not…”

You still delivering to nursing homes?
by amber_fluid
Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone sold a rental property on here before?
I'll be getting an accountant to help with my tax return this year if it sells, but just wondering if I will be able to claim things like lenders mortgage insurance and the building inspection that I got done before finalising the purchase, if I lived in the house for 2 years before renting it out?

Not an Accountant but my understanding is you can claim any expenses that assist in providing you an income from the property, if the LMI was paid when you lived in the house then I don't think you will be able to claim that, why would you pay for a building inspection? Potential purchasers should be arranging and paying for that.

Ok, thanks.
The LMI was paid when getting the loan.
Sorry, I meant the building inspection that I got done many years ago for my (now rental) home before I bought it.

You can only claim things up to a certain amount of years ago that you forget to claim in that year.
Might be 3 or 5 years.
by amber_fluid
Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2022/2023

RB wrote:
shoe boy wrote:Played against South Australia this month?

In the one-day competition.

Tye only played 9 career first class matches, with the last coming 5 years ago.

So he’s due then
by amber_fluid
Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Round 2

How good is Bolton.
He’s gotta be up there as the best in the comp.
by amber_fluid
Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Reckon I might go for a drive Sundsy to the Yank Bakery, never been. I rate the pies at Clarendon Bakery.
\
Yank Bakery is good, however Clarendon is much closer and just as good

Haven’t been the bakery at Clarendon so I’ll have to give it a go.
Went the Clarendon pub 2 weeks ago and the food was average at best.
Was nice sitting outside as the sun went down though.
Nice little pub.
by amber_fluid
Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R1 - Port Adelaide v Adelaide Saturday 3:10pm AO

My youngest is playing in the mini league in this game at half time so I’ll get along for a look.
If anyone sees me on the ground helping be sure to hurl abuse at me!
by amber_fluid
Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R1 - Port Adelaide v Adelaide Saturday 3:10pm AO

My youngest is playing in the mini league in this game at half time so I’ll get along for a look.
If anyone sees me on the ground helping be sure to hurl abuse at me!

How many kids you got, reckon I seen you at 6 games last year, can't all be mini league.
#closetportfan ;)
Another safooty poster may have a daughter running around too. He’s rapt about attending a Showdown :lol:

I’ll look out for him.
He can buy me a beer! ;)
by amber_fluid
Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 3 - 2023

MW wrote:I see there is more footage of JHF not chasing. When is it just a young player vs a problem he needs to fix?

When did age become a factor if you chased or not?
by amber_fluid
Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Whilst Lycett is only 30 he looks finished at this level.
Finlayson has to ruck the rest of the year with a youngster to debut(not sure who?) to come in and get some game time under their belt.
Watched Georgiadis in the early game and he looked disinterested.
I’d be getting him back in the 1’s ASAP before he packs his bags and heads home.

You could never question Jonas’s commitment and what he gives to the jumper but he looks so slow out there.

Ports youngster still look the goods it’s the 100-200 gamers who have all gone backwards(except SPP and Burton).
DBJ, Clurey, Houston, Wines, Lycett, Fantasia, Bonner, McKenzie all look to have gone backwards since the 2021 season.
It’s generally the 100 gamers who win you finals and premierships.
by amber_fluid
Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

I don’t want to go to a Coffee shop that masquerades as a petrol station. It absolutely infuriates me to have to wait in line to pay for fuel whilst some school kid is making soy lattes.
^ this. Though I don't boycott the places. Will buy petrol anywhere.

Pay on the app and way you go.
No entering the store.
by amber_fluid
Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Where are the school kids working behind the coffee machines? Barely ever seen a school kid working in an OTR. I call bullshit.

If you're buying fuel between 7am and 11am there's two people working. Sooks. :lol:

The most convenient of enterprises in the SA market and you're all complaining how it's inconvenient. Talk about peak 2023. :lol:

Ill side with Jimmy here....

I mainly go at 5am so its not a problem, occasional minute wait whilst i wait for the one employee to finish of a coffee.

In saying that when i have gone in between 3:30pm-5pm. I've waited over 5 minutes to pay for just petrol whilst the one staff member makes a coffee, the other staff member makes a hot dog and the line grows. I dont get angry though, just take the 5 minutes to look at SAFooty on my phone or scroll the socials haha.

Coffee, fuel, sounds like a convenient one stop shop.

I guess we can't have everything our own way. :((

We could always go back 20 years where you had to go to 5 different places to get 5 things or we can go to a one stop shop and get everything we need in 5 minutes.
I love OTR’s.
You can get birthday cards last minute, chocolates for gifts, even gift cards for birthdays/Xmas when you forget like I always do.
by amber_fluid
Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:If only they sold chops. 8)

I tried, trust me!
by amber_fluid
Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I’m a petrol slut, I’ll go wherever the cheapest is. Brand doesn’t matter as I drive past so many on the way to and from work

Are you one of those that drive that far out of your way to get petrol that you spent more on petrol getting there than what you actually save.

My old man is one of those.

Spend $3 to save $1.50
by amber_fluid
Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Yank Bakery

You go away and you wonder if it’s nostalgia or just an over-reaction to how good it is due to being away for too long but then you go back

OMG their pastry and the subtle seasoning in their pies and pasties, **** Me get me back here!

Going to Normanville this arvo so I will be sampling some of their produce today.
mighty_tiger_79 I’ll be sure to grab a vanilla slice as well!
by amber_fluid
Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Booney wrote:Church of England Mum tells me, but don't recall them ever taking me to one!

The Britannia hotel or the British hotel in Port Adelaide were my places of religion growing up.
by amber_fluid
Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GATHER ROUND - ROUND 5

You know it’s not your night when Ben Keays is kicking goals
by amber_fluid
Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Strathmore Hotel are offering $8.50 Imperial Pints of Carlton Draught to Essendon Members.

Where do I sign up?
by amber_fluid
Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Surely if it’s about the city as much as the footy then Glenelg oval has to be on the cards for next year.
by amber_fluid
Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 2023

Armchair expert wrote:Warner is playing first test, melts incoming!

Bancroft blacklisted for life

Warner will play til he’s 40 if he wants too as CA knows he will tell all when he retires so they will keep him happy and prolong it.
by amber_fluid
Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Introducing a third person into our relationship.

Went to the Alberton for Thursday night steak night last night and after ordering and sitting down at our table I noticed an older lady sitting on her own at a table. I said to Mrs Boon if our food and her food comes out at the same time I'll ask her to join us for dinner. Our meals came out, the young lad waiting tables went back into the kitchen and came out with her roast pork. Ingrid accepted my invitation and we all had dinner together.

She came out from Germany 69 years ago to learn English, fell in love with a Bavarian man, had two kids, lived in Alberton, owned and ran the bakery in Sussex St for years. She was a joy to talk too and couldn't have been happier to have been invited to have dinner with us. Her husband passed away late 90's and her adult children, like us all, live their own lives and while she's active at the Austrian club weekly, a book club and several other activities she was thrilled to have some company over dinner.

We've already booked in for dinner on Thursday night next week with her. Felt good to do something good and it didn't cost a thing.

You're a good egg mate.

Settle down!
by amber_fluid
Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:Jonas gets suspended for one match

The bump is officially dead

Hang on, did you see Culleys head?

Yep accidental head clash, it happens in a collision sport.
Jonas chose to bump so he pays the penalty as Culley was injured.
I understand the ruling I just don’t agree with it.
by amber_fluid
Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:Only way to serve Tuna Mornay is to throw it in the bin. Awful stuff, the smell is enough to make me gag. It’s the only food that does it to me.

Agree!
I’ll eat shit from an Afghan’s undies before I eat tuna morney.
It’s literally the only thing I won’t eat
by amber_fluid
Thu May 04, 2023 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wedgie wrote:
amber_fluidw wrote:Having a cock is normally a good way to tell as well

Geezus, never thought of that! :)

Glad I could help!
by amber_fluid
Sun May 07, 2023 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is so familiar,

I get felt up by by 4 young chicks years ago before Megan Gale, Jen (s I call her) Hawkins, Dani Minogue and Sophie Monk were household names.

After I lodged a complaint with the Police I agreed to not press charges as they were young and it would spoil their prospects.

Sounds unbelievable now.
I got felt up more in 10 minutes at the Tiger Bar on Bangla Rd in Phuket than I have the rest of my life put together.
That was an eye opener a month after coming out of a 23 year relationship.
Pretty sure I was smiling though! :lol:

so was he :D :D
Always look at their hands, only way you can tell, even the Adams apple isn't a sure thing. 8)
#ExperiencedTraveller

Having a cock is normally a good way to tell as well
by amber_fluid
Sun May 07, 2023 7:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Season 2023

Armchair expert wrote:Teams Geelong have beaten

Hawthorn 18th
West Coast 17th
Sydney 11th
Essendon 9th
Adelaide 10th

And got beaten by Carlton and Gold Coast
by amber_fluid
Tue May 09, 2023 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 8

Brodlach wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:I'm a Geelong hater, I have to say Brad Close is unlucky to cop a week!

It’s a ridiculous decision

First you can’t bump, now you can’t even tackle.
What next?
by amber_fluid
Tue May 09, 2023 9:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Predictions

Spargo wrote:743 left
I reckon a shitload more would be out if our interchange steward…

He had one job…………..
One job!
by amber_fluid
Sun May 21, 2023 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Season 2023

Jim05 wrote:Poor old Carry has the boys flying and now he has Dimma lurking in the background ;)

EFA
by amber_fluid
Mon May 22, 2023 9:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Athelstone FC new digs, holey moley some $'s spent there, would be an awesome spot for finals, even liked the old school home/away race's that go underground. $10 million upgrade I believe? It's the best clubrooms in Adelaide surely.

Got nothing on North Haven visitors room, just ask the Hope Valley people on here :lol:

They upgraded the light globe, what more do they want………….
by amber_fluid
Tue May 23, 2023 8:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

Jimmy_041 wrote:Rolex complaining about the black market when they cant supply demand
5 year wait for a Daytona :!!

I’ve still got my ‘genuine’ Rolex I bought in Bali many years ago.
The seller was a good guy so he did buy 1 get 1 free for me.
Maybe go see him…………
by amber_fluid
Fri May 26, 2023 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

People protesting about anti protesting laws.
Ummm OK!
by amber_fluid
Fri May 26, 2023 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Booney wrote:Losing the designated driver rock, paper, scissors draw this morning.

Lucky its only on a Saturday night. To Evanston.

We just take it in turns.
I drive there, she drives home!
by amber_fluid
Sat May 27, 2023 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 11

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Showdown grand final you heard it here first

not a chance :lol:

It’s going to happen some time but hopefully not in our life time!
by amber_fluid
Sun May 28, 2023 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

After forfeiting my Weber to the ex I acquired another yesterday.

Had my kids over for our weekly Sunday roast and whacked a 2.9kg boneless lamb and 2.8kg boneless pork in the dome, turned out brilliant.

Had shitloads of spuds along with a veggie and cheese bake, I told the kids to bring containers to take leftovers for lunches, we ate the lot between 8 of us, some much for the 300gm per person rule.

It’s further enhanced by how well my estranged son fits in, it’s his 25th birthday this week and his first birthday with us, it’s going to be epic.

Nice work mate!
by amber_fluid
Mon May 29, 2023 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 11

Armchair expert wrote:Carltons lawyers are elite, best in the country

Cerra gets off

Parker cops a week

Can they play footy?
by amber_fluid
Tue May 30, 2023 8:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 12

carey wrote:Kelli Underwood just got 3 players wrong in 3 contests in a row, literally 3 in a row. She’s useless.

Got the B grade on tonight with her and Dwayne Russell
by amber_fluid
Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Chase Jones :lol:
by amber_fluid
Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Eagles2014 wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Chase Jones :lol:

That was ridiculous 50 metre penalty though, he actually stopped exactly on the mark :shock:

Nope he deliberately crept over
by amber_fluid
Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 ICC World Test Championship Final

If rolling out a pitch to suit the home nation is cheating then we are all guilty
We are as bad as anyone.
by amber_fluid
Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |