Search found 2 matches

Return

The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

This debate which was initiated in the Rumours of Players thread has a home now.

As most of us all the integrity of SANFL has been compromised with the introduction of TWO AFL Reserves sides.

The AFL Power RESERVES side which will be playing in the SANFL in2014 will be badged as the Magpies.

The question is why are they not badged as the Power and wear the Black and Teal colours of the Power after all it is a Power RESERVES side ????

As a SANFL fan for forty or so years I personally think this is so disrespectful to the real Magpie teams of the past and to most of their supporters.

Magpies 1870 - 2013 R.I.P.
by Apachebulldog
Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

I think the Power is making a mistake by badging its reserves team as the Magpies. The whole problem with identity (in my opinion) stemmed from moving away from the Magpies creed and starting up the new Power ethos and hoping everyone would forget they hated the Magpies and suddenly become Power fans overnight. As we know, this didn't happen, they simply alienated some of the Magpie community and lost out

Then the club tried to bring the Magpie creed back in, all that "One Club" crap, while at the same slowly strangling the Magpie club to death, taking them out of the SANFL board, making them a subsidiary, treating them like a retarded cousin. Now they have well and truly knifed the Magpie club, but are trying to say all is alive and well at Magpie land in some sort of "Weekend at Bernie's" nightmare charade.

The PAFC should just put the Magpie name to rest, honour its history and be the Power in both the AFL and SANFL. It keeps marketing and colours consistent and ends the which club is which and who's on first and all that crap we've been hearing for years.

I hate seeing the Magpies dead, but they are, so stop stuffing about and just promote the Power like you want to...
by csbowes
Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |