Search found 581 matches

Return

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Would love to know the last time David Koch actually went to an SANFL game.
Cheers

Probably the last time you Wanks went to an AFL game. OMG my club is getting beaten by 18-21yo professionals. LMFAO "Professionals"

I havent heard this much patheticness and sooking since Trudy brought 2 extra markers to Bingo on Thursday night, May 16 1995.
by LMA
Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

“Well done to Matt Lokan, his coaching staff and all the players who got us to the grand final against all odds,” he said.
“We all know it’s not really a level playing field for us in the SANFL, the restrictions on us are pretty considerable. Another crazy cuckoo whinge :rolleyes:
“But we will continue to strive for success at both the AFL and SANFL level.”

David Koch at Ports B&F, what a dickhead

Not a level playing field he is not wrong there!

Port Adelaide & Adelaide salary cap 12.5 Million
SANFL Clubs 400,000

On top of that Port & Adelaide get a marquee player outside the cap what a joke.

Either all clubs should get a marquee player or scrap it all together!

I agree every club should have a Sutcliffe or a Wright, I'll take a Partington or a Grigg anyday thankyou very much. Cuckoo :lol:
Would just be a whole lot simpler if you were capped at 12 AFL players per game

Probably find both clubs would have played no more than 12 players who have played an AFL game ;)
by LMA
Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

It shouldn't matter what there looking at trading in ( kids) the coach should 100% have a say. I understand the opportunity someone is going to be a senior coach at AFL level but surely it needs to happen now the appointment should be done in the next couple of days so the new coach gets a opportunity to have his say too. Didn't one of the heirachy say the new coach coming in would be involved in the draft. Hopefully the new coach coming in gets rid of some of the Muppets involved in the club( Birdman ) if were serious about a rebuild don't just turn the player's over piss some off the Crows crew off and fast.
Ricciuto said today it’s still about a week away from a decision. So in all likelihood no coach by the end of trade period

Which in itself is just stupid.

Staggering :)
by LMA
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Silly Season

14,24 is a.joke.
Cats have softened

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
You’re not happy with two first round and a second round pick? You only used a second round pick to get him

So they should be rewarded for taking a chance and unearthing a gem

They will be by getting an extra two first round picks

Would need to have deep talent in the draft. Just say 2 picks at 14, most of the exceptional talent is gone inside the top 10.
by LMA
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:14,24 is a.joke.
Cats have softened

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

You’re not happy with two first round and a second round pick? You only used a second round pick to get him

So they should be rewarded for taking a chance and unearthing a gem
by LMA
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Back to Back Assistant Coach of the year 8)

Most useless award ever. How would people even know that from outside the club?

Grant Denyer surveyed 100 people
by LMA
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

Booney wrote:
LMA wrote:Wouldn't hurt keeping Broadbent around but Johnson has had his go.

Hartlett, DBJ, Burton with Garner ready to go, plenty at half back.

Yeah good call. Lienert although taller fits that mould too
by LMA
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

A minor matter but suffered poor customer service last night. Ordered a pizza online from Dominos at 9:05pm, expected time of delivery 9:31pm. Phoned the store at 10:15pm to see what the delay was; was told that the pizza was just entering the oven and would be delivered around 11:00pm (90 minutes late, two hours after ordering!). No apology, just a simple statement of fact. Apparently they were one driver down, it would have been nice for them to have phoned at some point to let me know the pizza was going to be 90 minutes late. I immediately cancelled, saying I would be in bed by then.

India must of been playing Pakistan in the cricket :P
by LMA
Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Love Bowie. But what about this 80s gem

by LMA
Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:https://www.3aw.com.au/the-aspect-of-adelaides-review-thats-left-caroline-wilson-absolutely-staggered/

Caro Staggered, clearly she reads SA Footy :lol:
by LMA
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Anyone here ever used AirTasker?

I'm wanting someone to put some Christmas lights up on the gutters this year and take them down again but hell will freeze over before you see me on a ladder.

If you've used them, are they generally reliable folk? As I understand it, it's just random people who will bid for your job for the extra cash, correct?

Hire a decent platform ladder so you feel safe and get some gutter clips from Bunno's and DIY. Don't invite sketchy non-tradies to your premises.
by LMA
Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Collingwood v Essendon ANZAC Day is being moved to a 4:10pm start and Hawthorn will play West Coast in Launceston at 1:10pm ANZAC Day

Can someone tell me, why the fascination with twilight games? Twilight games suck, but they get the most viewers. Something to do with more people being at home in the late afternoon/early evening.

True but most will be closing one eye to see the TV by then on Anzac day
by LMA
Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season Retirements and move ons

I feel like Doug Hawkins when I say "remuneration"
by LMA
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 360 - (and other Foxtel footy programs)

SEN SA logic

Adelaide move on over 28 years old players is an exodus

Port move on over 28 years old players very good strategic planning

No logic in listening to that station. It will be extinct in 12 months.

Bit abrasive to have a station that doesn't have 100% Crows people on it?

Not at all. They are the lowest of low for sports presenters. Nothing but muck raking, rumours and innuendo.
I gave them a solid month but wanted to uppercut myself by the time I got to work or home again.

That would be a ratings winner ;)
by LMA
Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Player movement

As long as the SANFL endorses 2 clubs being about 30 times over the salary cap each year who cares if the genuine clubs are over it also

That's a good argument if they played their best 22 in the SANFL :roll:

News Flash: There's only 21 players per team in the S.A.N.F.L.
Wouldn't put it past the Evil Empire to play 22 though. :roll: ;)

Do North know that
by LMA
Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2020

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
LMA wrote:Whats the most an A1 club can pay a player? I've heard a few things, interested to hear what others believe.

You’re from Pt Districts apparently, go ask your Footy Director.

Apparently :oops:

I have info from my side of the fence wanted to see if it matched up. jo172 confirmed.
by LMA
Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

https://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-11-01/swans-to-snap-up-cut-hawk-defender-and-port-forward

Gee Sydneys recruiting is now matching their on field performance. Brand is snot, makes Dawson look like Scarlett
You just gave up draft pick for a bloke who can barely run.
I'm hoping KB does well for you boys. He's a ripping lad and has worked his arse off over the last few years so I'm rapt for him that got another gig. Plenty of players have thrived at new clubs. Fingers crossed he does too.

You forgot to change usernames again :D
by LMA
Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

We had a good night on Wednesday night at The Gov I saw The Mark of Cain live for the first time. They played their Battlesick album in full for the album's 30th Anniversary followed by a second set of songs from across their career. The place was packed and that was TMOC's second show the first one last Friday night had already sold out. Great atmosphere, great venue.

John Scott said the band will be going out on tour again next year for the 25th Anniversary of Ill at Ease :D

I will definitely be at the Ill at Ease tour, particularly keen to hear track 10 ;)
by LMA
Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Spring Carnival 2019

Drew Vow & Declare in the footy club sweep, nice $1000 collect :supz:
by LMA
Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

CGAF > immediately asked pertinent question.

Is there a bigger spanner on this site? I'll wait.

Didn't think so.

CGAF about China and what appear to be figures that could only be considered “ball park” at best.

I would of thought reconnecting with members who have walked away in droves would be priority number one for the club atm.

Your 2nd sentence says it all. CGAF because its not relative to your Port crowd agenda.
by LMA
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When did we get a Krispy Kremes in Adelaide?
July 2014.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger/west-beaches/krispy-kreme-is-to-open-its-first-sa-store-on-july-15-creating-5000-doughnuts-hour/news-story/d61eb6c3f24bf1c0e634ef74f4aa6d70

Maybe a sponsorship opportunity with Port is possible?

A joint statement from PAFC and Krispy Kremes:

"After some initial hysteria related to some people's attraction to new shiny things, we've both been on a decline in popularity since 2014 - we think there's some great synergy between our brands and the type of people we attract"

Who doesn't love a donut. Your members even sit on them.
by LMA
Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

The old girl across the roads reaction when I flicked on my christmas lights after putting them up today for the first time ever. She is the only one in the street who puts them up. It's just icicle lights hanging from the gutters but I can see myself going full Griswald.

Enjoying a tasty beer right now watching my good work :D
by LMA
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some bright spark calling a meeting at 2.30pm to tell us about a new system that isn't even starting until next year.

Who came second and third please?
I had a customer walk in as they entered the straight :?
All bullshit aside, I think we should scrap the Labour Day public holiday and take the Melbourne Cup day aswell, or have the Adelaide Cup on a Sunday and swap with that day, at least that would give our public holidays a better spread.

We lose ANZAC Day public holiday next year.

100% been spruiking this for years
by LMA
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Booney wrote:People observing Remembrance Day as it should be.

I was sitting at my desk looking out the window at 11am and noticed the civil machinery clearing the block over the road all stop in remembrance. I thought this was good.
by LMA
Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why my SANFL posts keep getting deleted.
by LMA
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Port Adelaide has delisted Boyd Woodcock and Riley Grundy. Both had a year to run on their two-year draftee contracts. However, Port has committed to reselecting them in the rookie draft
@AFLcomau

so why delist them :roll:

Perhaps mandatory list changes for the national draft? Grundy would need some significant improvement next year if he is to go beyond 2020.
by LMA
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things you DON'T rate?

Thought i'd have a night cap after womens cricket last night.. ended up knocking off more than half a bottle in quick time.. woke up feeling bit ordinary - then to make matters worse, the car had a flat so had to change that.

I hate life right now.

Could of been worse, could of been raining or stinking hot, or a stray dog could of come along and humped you whilst bending over to change the tyre :lol:
by LMA
Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have another employee who would rather take annual leave days when she is sick then spend money seeing a dr to get a dr cert for a sick day.

$20 for a sick certificate from any pharmacy.
No questions asked.

One of my staff does it and there’s not much I can do about it.

I buy mine off the net, comes in a book of 10 like a mothers day raffle :D

Someone I know once "borrowed" a sick certificate pad from a hospital store and it just so happened that one of the doctors stamps went missing around the same time. All that needed to happen was someone scribble some words on the pad, hit it with a stamp and presto! Sick certificate.

From what I hear they made a nice little earner from that pad of 200 certificates.

:lol: In all seriousness it's fairly simple to get in and see someone these days.
by LMA
Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

Spargo wrote:
LMA wrote:Seen a retro looking GFC hoodie at the Port Markets on sunday. Looked in good condition, like it had 30 odd years without wear :D

How much ya pay for it?

$30. Kept the coathanger and did my bit for KESAB
by LMA
Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A few ins for Glenelg - Curtis McCarthy (returned/Geelong VFL/St Josephs) & Tom Condon (Sturt)

Any of the Sturt guys on here be able to shed some info on Tom Condon?

He's a rubbery type of player, clean out of the pack/et, starts small but grows tall as the game goes on, tends to get discarded after he's done his job though. Overall he's a safe purchase.
by LMA
Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Grenville wrote:Going to look at a couple of chocolate/white males on Saturday.

Have fun, be safe.

2JUX-GMcojBERagKgSBDLi1zckzhwhJYh3WQygGt9Lw.gif
by LMA
Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MatteeG wrote:
Booney wrote:Andy Otten part time coach at Hawthorn and playing at Box Hill.

Brett Deledio also doing the same

Pitting 2 candidates against each other. Unsociable
by LMA
Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Exhaustive pick swap
by LMA
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Received Dinosaur Jr - Where you Been and Doves - Lost Souls today. Geez I hope Doves do a 20 year tour of this album.
by LMA
Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jack Hannath to the bays
We need a ruckman at the dogs

The way he played toward the end of his tenure at The Ponderosa indicated he wasn't a believer in the game plan. He wasn't Robinson Crusoe.

Lets be honest. As admirable and stoic as Laird was, his anti AFL stance has reflected into the way he coaches and the club has suffered in recent years to to keep up with the times. You only need to see that the last 8 grand finals, bar one perhaps ?, have had coaches with AFL influence.
by LMA
Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

Off to see Dear Seattle on Friday night, supported by Horror my Friend.

Been listening to their stuff non-stop over the last 6 months, going to be one of the oldest there but don't care!

Fresh grunge/punk sound from the 90's

The kids might think you're a Narc.

You should give Spanish Love Songs a listen, punk with emo type lyrics.

Giant Sings the Blues is a cracker of an album, start with songs Mexico, Nervous People and Remainder.
by LMA
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2020

Good on Sydney for taking Stephens and sticking it up Adelaide for trading picks with the Giants.
Did they also stitch up the Crows to get Gould?
We received 2020 1st rounder to move back 2 places and still get the guy they wanted. That's good business. Also getting Worrell was a better pick than Gould. I think on the highlights I've seen is a player that will definitely make it. Left footer as well. I'm happy with the overall draft picks,

Please, they are not going to come out and say we wanted Stephens but had to settle for the next best because the pick swap with Giants stuffed it up. Same applies to Gould.

Think you're trying to stir something that's not there, they got their man as predicted by most experts.
by LMA
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

amber_fluid wrote:Does Australia post deliver on weekends?
My parcel left MELBOURNE on Tuesday and I still don’t have it.
Tracking only shows it was picked up Tuesday and that’s it.

I had a package delivered by Aus Post on a Saturday fairly recently.
by LMA
Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I feel the salary cap is only a guide and we follow the North and Central Districts model.

>>> Yes that's sarcasm folks, bit of humour before you all melt down <<<

Which League do Central District s play in. The team in the S.A.N.F.L. is called Central District. ;) Hahaha, wrong league I'm talking about the SanFULL

I hate that term, it is still S.A.N.F.L. to me.

I prefer S . A . N . F . L .
by LMA
Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2020

Members day would be good. Big screen outside for a Sunday away game :drinkers:
by LMA
Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:I'd say AFL scouts watch more of South and all SANFL clubs than you do, not just the games at Adelaide Oval....

Yes. Most clubs would have a state based scout, my uncle was one for Freo when they first entered.
by LMA
Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

Brett wrote:I like the idea of a few Friday night games early but from a supporters view it not good. Its time its upgraded otherwise people wont go . Do we supporters ever get a say ???

Don't go then, get off the **** fence and show some balls man. The bounce of the ball starts with you.
by LMA
Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Wedgie wrote:Rode the moped home from work, felt like I was riding in a convection oven!

Immediately The Inbetweeners comes to mind after reading this post. Moped Wanker!
by LMA
Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Looking forward to finishing this beer, going to sleep and in 12 hours time having the next 25 days off.
by LMA
Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Seeing that a couple of players in Norwood's midfield have only been offered a quarter of what Grigg and Talia are each being paid, it is understandable that one or two of their current midfield are considering leaving the club.

Play the footy that Grigg does and the fruits are yours, 21st Century players can go get ******.
by LMA
Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phuc you're Hanoiing!

Whats the first question asked at the CDFC quiz night??

What are you looking at?
by LMA
Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

UK Fan wrote:3AW reporting this years China game to be cancelled Due to the virus outbreak

https://www.3aw.com.au/afl-clash-in-chi ... ing-ahead/

You're slipping, your "all things PAFC" counterpart posted news of this in another thread earlier :D
by LMA
Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fringe Stuff 2020

Tom Gleeson - think he is hilarious and never seen him before, heard from people that went last year and they said he was sensational.

Should call him asparagus.

Not to everyones taste.
... and after you've consumed his show your pee smells funny for a while? :-k

Smells like sitting on an old Red Hen train, with the door being held open by a foot.
by LMA
Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Married at first sight

Fake lips. Just don't understand how they think it improves their looks, it's horrid and ridiculous. Stacey looks like a 40 year old cut to look like a 25 year old. All natural, she would be a stunner.

As I post this, the wife is at West Lakes getting her lips done. :Hangman:
by LMA
Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Married at first sight

Fake lips. Just don't understand how they think it improves their looks, it's horrid and ridiculous. Stacey looks like a 40 year old cut to look like a 25 year old. All natural, she would be a stunner.

As I post this, the wife is at West Lakes getting her lips done. :Hangman:
Totally agree, I said to the missus how hot Stacie would be without them things hanging off of her face, a few of them in there have them and they are of a ridiculous level.

You get paid too much :lol:

:lol: Looking at a tat too, god help me!

The Block has been screwing me over for the last 10 years with all the odd jobs and upgrades I've done, now this.
by LMA
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |