Search found 581 matches

Return

Re: Which safooty posters would you like to meet and why?

Lightning McQueen wrote:Just chucking it out there, anyone keen for a safooty team meeting on the October long weekend? Sunday or Monday? Somewhere central perhaps?

Be sure to invite UK Fan so he can post the attendance figures :D
by LMA
Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Pseudo wrote:Best newspaper headline EVER.

Got any pics from page 3
by LMA
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

Wedgie wrote:I had Motlop, Sam Gray, Lycett and one other Port player drinking in my front bar today.
Lovely lads, welcome in my pub anytime!
Timed wearing my Geelong polo to work well and did get "chiefed" by Sam. :lol:

Poor buggers thought they were at the Land of Promise to see Bum Crack
by LMA
Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Without Danger tonight Geelong lose by plenty. I don't like him either but he's a hell of a player and if he was wearing a poo's and wee's jumper you would change your view without hesitation.
by LMA
Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

MW wrote:
Brodlach wrote:SEN taking over the RadioTAB breakfast show time slot on 1539 from Monday. So we get the same program on 1539 and 1629

Why?

$$$
SEN are struggling badly in SA. Their ratings are horrific.

Give the slot to Dave from Alberton, that'll fix it.
by LMA
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 2nd Semi Final - Glenelg v Powerserves

No doubt. But for us who've only supported one football club ?
I feel for the genuine Magpie supporters but your club made the decision to move to a bigger and better league which is fair enough

I don't, most of them chose their VFL club over PAFC. The Power weren't drafted out of Max Basheers pool room. The undeniable fact is Magpies or Power its Port Adelaide Football Club.
by LMA
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MW wrote:Higher salary means higher output? Please
As usual this is only an issue when they are winning

And when they are not winning they're not trying.
by LMA
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just last week on here both Port and Adelaide were accused of not trying and not wanting to win. FFS stick to one view, are they trying or are they too good. :oops: :oops:

Glenelg are still the best side by far, our Ammo boys stood up today though.
I’ve always maintained they are too good and wouldn’t care if they were forced to field a team that was beaten by 10 goals every week. They absolutely should not ever be allowed to win a flag

If Port or Adelaide can win a flag than AFL listed players is the least of the SANFL problems. They need to cap the amount payments true amateur footballers are getting to keep quality players at SANFL level. SANFL clubs also need to stop paying reserve players and reward higher payments for the league players. This will ensure that Port or Adelaide will never win a flag, not capping the amount of SANFL standard AFL players playing SANFL.

Nope the SANFL needs to lift the salary cap and if the clubs cant afford it the AFL should subsidise it. Basically double it to about 700k, and increase of about 300k or 2.4m per year. chicken feed for the AFL to ensure their franchises keep getting talent through the doors.
Either that or I like Cennals idea , all 8 clubs just agree to play their league side in the reserves and vice versa

Good way of flushing $50k a year from the league down the toilet. Knowing that Centrals and South voted no are they accepting the money from the SANFL?
by LMA
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brisbane v GWS

Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:Coniglio in, Greene out?

I'm pretty sure Coniglio is already ruled out.

As for Greene, is he the dumbest footballer getting around? Does anyone know how many games he's accumulated?

Also has the most punchable looking face in the AFL
by LMA
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:LOL, different priorities. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: I'm not far off of wishing that too.
by LMA
Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW - Womens AFL

Can someone please inform me why Tayla Harris has a bronze statue? Because she was picked on by trolls? Going to be a lot of statues in the future if that is the case. Can't be for football ability or only Erin Phillips would get one. Serious question before i get told i'm stuck in the dark ages.

It didn't follow the story very closely but the small bits I did see it seemed a bit of an iconic moment where pretty much all of Australia stood up for womens sports and said 'enough enough, they deserve to play'

TBH im not sure why people get so riled up about stuff like this, I cant believe there is statues of pigs in our mall WTF but im not losing any sleep thinking **** it should have been horses they have done heaps more for us than ******* pigs.

Pigs Arse! Pigs are the core of the Sunday morning breakfast.
by LMA
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dogs64 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

In the footage it looks like he strikes him whilst in the shade of the light tower.

I've seen those moon landing conspiracies too :lol:
by LMA
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's the most profound question ever asked in a song?

My profile pic will often ask "Where is my Mind"

TISM - Whatareya, Yob or Wanker?
by LMA
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JK wrote:Lol Read some cracking trade ideas from supporters this time of year. One I read this morning a Port bloke thought Ryder and SPP for Fantasia and Francis was a fair deal.

Yep and I'm sticking to it ;)
by LMA
Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: St Kilda

If they can get Hannebery, Jack Steele and the other defender that has had concussion issues ( can’t think of his name, has long hair) back and firing as well as Brad Hill in the trade period they will improve

Haven’t got much from Carlisle either. The times I’ve seen the Saints this year have been very impressed with Wilkie.
Wilkie had an outstanding year. Picked up as a mature age rookie and played every game (I think) to be 7th in their B&F. Was hampered by injury as a junior which is why he wasn't picked up until he turned 22.

Stories like that is what will keep young lads in the SANFL for longer rather than chase the easy buck in the sticks. Well done to him.
by LMA
Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Teenage bloody daughters

Moody, miserable misunderstood, don’t listen, don’t talk don’t care, it seems.....

Love her but gee she’s doing my head in!!

Sounds like my eldest. Dropped out of year 12 after 1 term last year and refused to listen to why she needs to finish school. Did F All for the rest of the year, now 18 months later she has realised that what I was saying wasn't just dribble and has decided to go to Thebarton School next year to finish off year 12.
by LMA
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong v West Coast

JK wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
JK wrote:If Eagles can get JK into the game would make them hard to stop. Don’t care who wins, just hope it goes down to the wire

That sentence reminds me of a seinfeld episode....

And I’m loving every minute of it Jerry

You're all winners!
by LMA
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brisbane v GWS

Wedgie wrote:
FB_IMG_1568463335075.jpg

Friday nights at the Findon :lol:
by LMA
Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity Casualties

Remember watching The Hitcher as a youngster many times. Might have to find a copy for old times sake
by LMA
Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

Regardless of who's playing this week and probably more applicable to the AFL but I've always thought that the jab is a form of enhancement that has never really been scrutinised. Players can get rubbed out for smoking a bit of hooch but you can juice them up to the eyeballs with all sorts of gear to get them through a game.
by LMA
Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

To me, this is what a Sunday sounds like...

J. Mascis does a great cover of this song too.

oJ9E0mC9Cwk

Definitely, got a gig in my wedding playlist.

Streets of your town - Go Betweens
Jaimmes Got a Gal - You Am I
This Day Last Year - The Panics

To name a few are regular Sunday specials at my joint
by LMA
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals - Week 3

whufc wrote:That's actually absolute rubbish if true Jim. If I was the GWS fan and that is the case I would be filthy as.

EFA
by LMA
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW - Womens AFL

Fair effort

AAHrPHJ.jpeg
by LMA
Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

The Dark Knight wrote:Great post, congrats Valleys, enjoy it!!

Another couple of GF's and Valleys can reacquaint themselves with the lights in North Havens changerooms ;) ;)
by LMA
Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That's because it might get mixed up with a Coles mini
by LMA
Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

Touchy :D
by LMA
Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey Brett, I noticed most of your posts are between 7 and 11pm?

There were 2 other posters, Bounce of the Ball and Michael, who don't post on here anymore that also predominantly posted at those times.
They were also Sturt supporters and also regularly finished a sentence in a unique style .

Even more interesting is that BOTB's last post was in March 2018 and Michael joined in April 2018, then Michael's last post was in June 2018 and you bobbed up in September 2018. Another quirky fact is that Michael had Sydney Swans as their team but never posted once in the AFL threads.

Too many coincidences I think.
by LMA
Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

#obsessed

I will not comment on a sustainable financial model because I have no experience in that department much like the majority of all clubs' fans.
by LMA
Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I rate that a lot of the SA Footy community are going through driving lessons with our beloved teens at the moment. I'm glad I'm not the only one scared shitless :-SS
by LMA
Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things you DON'T rate?

Brodlach wrote:
Magellan wrote:
am Bays wrote:Hangovers

Victory is reserved for those who are wiling to pay its price.

Is that a famous Portuguese saying?

Could be, it's a peri peri good quote nonetheless. :oops:
by LMA
Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 AFL Grand Final - Richmond v GWS

If ruptured, open surgery in the main otherwise keyhole.

That said, physical activity should be restricted for at least four weeks to allow proper healing.

He will play.
Thanks DOC, we've been waiting for your diagnosis, you made zero sense but we're backing you in.

DOC Peter Larkin?

Yeah thanks, I thought a Norwood supporter would have been able to provide medical knowledge not a South one ;)

I'm your man for your Stevedoring related enquiries :)
by LMA
Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So I sat a handshake away from Graham and Kane Cornes yesterday, Kane's kids had Magpies guernsey's on :)
Also there were a heap of what looked like Glenelg past players dressed to the nines just below us, I noticed Carey, Chigwidden and a few other familiar heads I couldn't put names to. I was thinking it could of been the 86 premiership side, anyone know?

Wasn't my cup of tea sitting up there but great seats

You’ve changed mate, you’ve changed! ;)

Did swallow about 10 beers in the carpark after the U17 Futures game though, so nothing changed there :D
by LMA
Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Brownlow Medal

hollywood7477 wrote:Cripps for me. Reckon he will get a heap of 2 and 1 votes and games that they went close and won he should poll in all of them.

Reckon he might buck the trend and get 3 votes in games they lost
by LMA
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Brownlow Medal

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Never heard Gil speak so fast

No highlights of round 22 and 23. Poor production.
by LMA
Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

David Brent wrote:
Booney wrote:Jack Graham out of the GF side for Richmond.

Sad for him, I think we will miss him a lot on Sat. He can sit on a mid & try nullify them not sure we have that option anymore.

Tom Hafey's wife will present the cup if the tigers manage a win.

Pic or GTFO :D

Oops..... wrong thread
by LMA
Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

I think my comment has been taken way too literally

giphy (4).gif
by LMA
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The sooner the connection between Port power and Port Magpies is dissolved the better. Nobody actually likes how it is now and the proof is there that it hasn't done anything to help the AFL Port Adelaide team. Adelaide crows reserves to piss off and a non power affiliated magpies to resume. The SANFL has turned into scripted WWE wrestling type sport where the magpies are the heel, allowed only to be competitive but never win the title. The rigged umpiring against the AFL teams is beyond comical.
Port chose to go to a bigger and better comp, there should be no remnants of the Magpies left in the SANFL.
Send Port and the Crows to the VFL to do as they please and the SANFL can become an 8 team comp.
More than happy for the umpires to screw over the AFL sides for the greater good of the comp.

I feel like we should have a seperate thread to discuss this, a thread capable of holding 400+ pages of posts
by LMA
Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can say this is the least interested I've been in a GF ever. I do like the GWS song though, Borat like! Wish we had come up with something like it for our AFL team.
by LMA
Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 360 - (and other Foxtel footy programs)

Front Bar was excellent last night.

Sam Pang was winding Gil up "I better be careful, one call to Peter Dutton and you can have me deported" :lol:

Even Gil couldn't stop laughing.

These guys make it look effortless which is why it's a good show. Don't understand why some people dislike Maher, I think he's quite entertaining in his own way when he's not keeping Mick and Sam in line. The guests that get on compliment the show perfectly, not your usual "yeah, nah" type you see on other sports shows.
by LMA
Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Had a few errands to run today on my day off and made the mistake of going down Port Rd to get to Supercheap and witnessing that the chimney was no longer red and white.
Must admit though they've done a better of the Bays colours than they did Norths, I think mainly because of the way they did the Vee it never looked quite right.

Maybe the painters are Eagles fans
by LMA
Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Oi qunt did I tell you you're a fuqstik
by LMA
Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

Wedgie wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Anyone remember Yum Yum's?

Did they make dim sims?

No that was yummy's, exclusive to AO
by LMA
Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:
LMA wrote:
whufc wrote:You mean the game that was a contest for its entirety :)

TBH not sure mate, I fell asleep just typing rugby. Back now.

Does your nose smell like arse?

Nah we spray with Links Africa ha

That's what my lad uses, no wonder he can't get a girlfriend. He smells like a scrumhalf's nose.
by LMA
Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season Retirements and move ons

Magellan wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:Cibo is soooooooooooooo passe'

Not if you were the last barista on earth.

That's dandy :YMAPPLAUSE:
by LMA
Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

gadj1976 wrote:
Fricky wrote:Rowey (i know hes a horrible source) is saying another Crow is on the way out. Riley Knight has met with Carlton and will request a trade to the Blues

So Carlton are linked to Butler, Betts, Knight, Papley and Jack Martin! WOW!

I know right! Not one GWS player amongst them.
by LMA
Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

I'm a big fan of ignoring the hype over various series and then binge watching long after they have finished. So far watched all of Oz, Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones and currently watching The Wire. Stream the lot and no ads or FTA bullshit. I'm a big HBO fan and have an eye out for a few other series that everyone has probably watched years ago. I didn't pay any attention to anyone so no spoilers either GEAR.

Anything that starts out good and jumps the shark I give a miss. I saw GoT 8 at the same time as everyone else and while it wasn't as good as earlier seasons i thought it was a little rushed rather than straight up bad. I've heard bad things about the way Dexter finishes up so I'm not keen to get into that one. I'm more of a true crime guy anyway.

regards,

REB

If you haven't already, also try:

Boardwalk Empire
Banshee
Peaky Blinders
The Shield
Luther
True Detective
Fargo

All quality shows
by LMA
Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Smiths after a boozy day out

by LMA
Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Spoke about finances too.I wonder how much they are paying back to the SANFL ? Didn't mention anything about a fee too play in the SANFL. No wonder people dislike Port . Backstabbing whinging continues. Too heavily reliant on the AFL . Im sure the corporates got sucked in by the spin. Its really funny now.

TBF didn't Port forego their dividend as a SANFL foundation club instead of paying the $400k per season to the 8 others?

Correct, paying 7mill for the licence over 15 years. Another exanple of the posters on here getting mixed up as per........ One minute we're not the magpies and have no history, next minute we have lost 6 GF's at the AO. Funny **** in here :lol: 8-}
by LMA
Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |