Search found 217 matches

Return

Re: COVID-19

there is a large likely hood clubs will run at a loss this year and for many clubs that inst something they can afford.
If a reduced season is going to cost your club as much money as you insinuate, then I suggest you get a new treasurer and seriously have a look at your operations and budget... because if you're not financially viable in a reduced season then you're walking a stupidly tight line during a regular season.

Bedgey if you can run a season with no clubrooms, no crowds, no bar and no canteen and make a profit maybe you should be the next PM. I realise crowds may be allowed at some point but there is a lot of uncertainty. If you want to disregard the the legitimate views of people who have been running clubs for a long time and think treasurers grow on trees good luck to you.

PS I want to play and think we will, but the problems Piccachu writes about need to be addressed and I'm sure are being worked on at league HQ.
by The Big Shrek
Tue May 19, 2020 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

HWE facebook post says they are out.

Very funny kind of unanimous decision by the clubs to go ahead!
by The Big Shrek
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 3 - 2020

piccachu wrote:
So much hostility.. you wanna hug it out? ;) :)

I can show you hostility if you like, and i only hug people i respect.

Geez you talk some shit Bedgey
by The Big Shrek
Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

The no standing up consumption rule being brought back in is going to put a strain on clubs in the second half of the season.

do what the Vic ammos do - don't serve alcohol during games - only in club rooms after the game

then no strain - if you are relying on serving alcohol to pay the bills in this environment then you have a very poor financial set up

Our board and club members have been busting their balls to make money for the club and to provide a social and sporting outlet for juniors and seniors both male and female.

This will undoubtedly make things more difficult. An obvious example being that we will in all likelihood have to cancel our club ball in August. The extra work that will have to go into the compliance with this rule is significant.

Please elaborate on the revenue streams you have created or expanded upon to make money for your club.
by The Big Shrek
Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 4

Will there be a bigger moment in football this year than Andrew Graham’s 300th game for Kilburn?
by The Big Shrek
Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This lockdown is outrageous we were going to win this week
by The Big Shrek
Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just trying to stay loyal and not move to another club and parachute into some success.
by The Big Shrek
Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 5

100 years of Chics! We win flag.

End thread.
by The Big Shrek
Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 3

Why are they playing all games away now?
Building new club rooms

Pretty sure get 1 more week in the current changerooms before the club is knocked down. They are currently gutting the club rooms.

Thank Christ Seaton get some new rooms. Would have to be the worst changerooms in the history of the league. There would be more room to get changed in my foreskin!
by The Big Shrek
Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 5

Ha ha how’s the sooking by little Charlie on here!

I thought CLG did bloody well this year. Massive effort to beat us on our deck. Had a bunch of kids playing. All players dealt with my drunken ramblings with good humour. They will be contributing to global warming with the travelling they have had to do this finals series but that’s life.

Also could not agree more with Zed that life is about more than A grade success. Kilburn having 5 senior teams and many junior teams up and running means more in the long term than an A grade flag. As you get older you realise that more and more.
by The Big Shrek
Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaza FC - Salary Cap Breaches

I don’t think the fine will be anywhere near $380k.

Once a fine gets over a certain level the fine becomes crushing. It would be disproportionate to follow a formula and arrive at that figure. I doubt Michael David is keen to end a football club by imposing a fine no-one is ever going to pay.
by The Big Shrek
Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jimmy_041 wrote:Gaza Sports & Community Club Inc v D Rosella?

Might want to join Griffin to that action. Who was he representing the club or the president? Seems like a conflict to me.
by The Big Shrek
Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I hear the proposed fine a while ago was $100k. $50k suspended, $50k to be paid over 10 years. Seems a negotiated outcome was a better option than this rigmarole.

The problem with punishing clubs is who are you really punishing? Gaza isn't a person. Legally it is a entity and it's made up of its members and responsible for its executive's actions but I suspect the executives have moved on. All you really do is cripple a club who by in large are comprised of decent people who aren't morally culpable for what a few ding bats have done but dig in to keep the club going.

I'd be a bigger fan of prosecutions for the individuals that lied in stat decs and laying the blame at their door. I understood that to be the purpose of creating the procedure of signing the things.

I wouldn't mind seeing a few of the mercenary players copping half a year on the sidelines too. They were by in large complicit in it and with a couple of exceptions I reckon were happy to do it for their own benefit rather than the club's.

It seems to me the decent people at the club will put in the extra work over many years to sort this out. The rest move on away from Gaza. If I had the power I'd order the guilty ones empty the bins and clean the changerooms there for the next 10 years.
by The Big Shrek
Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wonder if he ordered legal costs on top of this. I would have.

I feel a lot of Gaza people got taken for a ride. Being threatened with a Supreme Court action by your President/Forner President after 11:59pm tonight, via the “club lawyer” is a fitting ending for this ridiculous saga. Threatening defamation is the cherry on top.
by The Big Shrek
Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I thought Ben Beioley acquitted himself very well in his comments to The Advertiser. Gracious towards Rosella (when he didn't need to be), positive about the future while acknowledging what happened. Seems like a good choice for a captain.
by The Big Shrek
Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Surely Griffin got the money upfront.

Not very smart running up a bill for $35k when your client is apparently $80k in debt and is about to cop a massive fine.

I reckon Rosella was paying and hence from what was reported Griffin's loyalty lay there.
by The Big Shrek
Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 4

Morphetville Park have a disproportionate number of redheads and blonde players with white skin.

With a red and yellow jumper it’s a strange club to pick for these fellows.

Looks like they may struggle this year. Hopefully for them they get better as the weather cools.
by The Big Shrek
Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |