Search found 218 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2017

It would be in everyone's best interest to leave this one alone. She said/ he said if you all get it. It will pan out normally as it does. No need for SA Footy speculation on non facts.

On a lighter note it was great for me personally to finally meet The Big Shrek for the first time, after years of banter back and forth. He gave his all in the ruck, but was obviously carrying injury. Still a gun full back being played out of position. Taking it for the team. ;)

Sorry couldnt hang around for a beer mate but I was no good. Physio fixed up the neck andI prompt;y got pissed. In fact Im still pissed . If anyone can find my phone that would be good
by The Big Shrek
Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Now that I've sobered up a bit and found my phone, time for a sensiblish post. Was nice to put a face to the Yank Man name and good to see the Edwardstown boys come in for a beer. It looks likely that we will meet again in the finals.

I understand a report/complaint has/will be made. The umpire spoke to the team manager about it during the game but I'm in the dark as to the details of what's going on. Needless to say we support the guys who had the comments directed at them. Edwardstown seem to me to be a very well run club full of decent people, it shouldn't reflect on them as a club, I'm certain that the overwhelming majority of people there would abhor racism as much as anyone. This certainly isn't an us vs Edwardstown thing.

Unfortunately racism is still a real issue. Sometimes it's overt and sometimes less obvious. I went to the Mundine vs Green fight this year and it was shocking there. I've got a mate who writes for the Advertiser and when he wrote an article about changing the date of Australia Day the comments on social media were atrocious. So despite the fact that when Eddie Betts had a banana thrown at him the public were baying for blood, a lot of the time racist behaviour goes uncondemned/unnoticed by the general public. I've been exposed to it mainly because of my Aboriginal friends through football. If it wasn't for that I'd probably wouldn't be that aware of the extent of it. When someone stands up and calls it out I think it's important to support them. If we don't it can perpetuate the effect of the abuse because not only has the person been abused, but then been disbelieved or ignored.

We've been lucky at Kilburn to have a lot of indegenous players over the years. We've also had Aboriginal rounds in previous years which have been pretty special occassions and great fun to play in. We've had dance and music performances, indegenous food and some language taught to us. One of our A grade players has had a documentary made about him and his work reinvigorating the Kaurna language, it was on tv last week. It made me proud of my club to see the hall full of people after the first dreamtime game at Kilburn learning about Aboriginal culture.

The guys involved in this are very proud of their heritage. We might be having another dreamtime game late this year. If we do I'd encourage everyone to come down it's a great day. Hopefully we can put this behind us in due course and have get on with creating some more good news stories and promote the indegenous culture we are fortunate enough to have.
by The Big Shrek
Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not so much lying but reliability is the problem. They don't realise how difficult it is to recall things accurately. If you had footage and compared it to people's recollections you'd be amazed at how wrong honest people often are. Confidence is often confused with reliability and so umpires who aren't nervous, have been there before come across as better witnesses.

The other problem is that it's very difficult to figure out who is telling the truth. I suspect the tribunal members are like some judges and believe that upon appointment they suddenly acquire some divine ability to discern the truth. In reality they often have no more ability in this area than the man on the street yet feel obliged to come to some conclusion rather than admit they do not know where the truth lies.
by The Big Shrek
Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dols I hope you've been drinking cause that made no sense at all.

PS Tom Lipson said no one likes you.
by The Big Shrek
Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Quick report on the Kilburn Dreamtime game. We obviously got up. Jumpers specially made for the day looked great.

Special thanks go to the Smithfield players, supporters and officials who hung around for the welcome to country, performances and presentations after the game and got into the spirit of things.

We had 9 indigenous lads in the As and I think 6 in the Bs. Smithfield would have had a fair few as well so it was a fitting round to have it.

We started it but hoping other clubs or the league jump on board with the concept.
by The Big Shrek
Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm barracking for Beetlejuice.

If Galbraith wins I'm retiring from football, quitting Facebook, turning off my phone and moving to Syria. Will never hear the end of it.

Smokey for the medal is big bad Tommy Lipson who has kicked s few bags. I don't follow the results in the paper but I agree Merret is a serious player. Would have thought Murphy running around like an unregistered dog would probably poll a fair few.
by The Big Shrek
Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bubba love wrote:What about Andy Graham the big dick playa?

Mate, someone had to provide some drunken entertainment around here. You're as boring as batshit. Start stapling your foreskin to something again or bugger off!
by The Big Shrek
Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:
bubba love wrote:What about Andy Graham the big dick ?

Edited for accuracy :lol: ;)

I've got a minya googie
by The Big Shrek
Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I see on Facebook that Chris Lipson has ordered the premiership shirts this weekend. I saw a preview of the design they look nice. Up the Havens.
by The Big Shrek
Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Big Shrek does not talk shit you infidel
by The Big Shrek
Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bubba love wrote:Sorry yank man, I know your a expert on North haven and you had usall figured out! If onlyu knew as much about your own club! Flog

One funny post does not make up for a year of being boring. Fire up properly cock!
by The Big Shrek
Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2017

Fun if everyone has to cuddle under the grandstand.
:heart:

all the important people will be in the marquee area in the pocket with heaters,

Exactly. ;) and you won't be there :lol: Mind you, the heaters did SFA last year - it was effing freezing! :(

edit: its going to be 21 - wont even be that cold.

If The Big Shrek turns up he and his entourage will be in the VIP area again. A few free drinks are exactly what's needed after working up a sweat jumping the fence to avoid the exorbitant entry fee.
by The Big Shrek
Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The team of the year is a joke and it has been for the last 2 or 3 years, coaches throw every Tom dick and harry in their best on ground ok the internet.. which is what they pick the team off but seeing as the coaches try to hide who's playing well from the rest of the competition week in and week out definitely does not give a clear indication who the real best 22 players are.. gailbraith getting in the best as many times as he did during the year on the internet has gifted him a spot when in reality there were at least 45 players better than him throughout the year!! Not to mention the fact eastern park only has 2 blokes in the squad when 4-5 of them should have been shoe ins!!!

The bigger scandal is how that Knapp bloke got so many votes in the association. Absolute hack.
by The Big Shrek
Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Div 4 team of the year is very important. Jason Cocksandles Sandercock still has a cut out of the 2013 team on his fridge.
by The Big Shrek
Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

Dear Carey,

No one cares. You're a washed up old hack. The fact you're still going on footy trips in your late 40's is disgusting in itself, you'd think the club would do better than allow a grandpa to tag along on a young fellas weekend away.

Enjoy your sleep, and your tea and scones when you wake up you old fart.

Pfft for starters people do care unlike me and your opinion on footy but hey what ever. Why wouldn't go on footy trips? Flags and Footy trips are 2 of the best things about footy.

Anyway I think my text message to you sums it up.

Carey you're an inspiration to people like me who want to be going on footy trip until they have one foot in the grave.

Bedgey probably got banned from footy trips years ago.
by The Big Shrek
Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Any one seen the SA footballer mag team of the year? No idea who the two blokes from sals are in the back line, young full back from morphies is very stiff not to get a Guernsey, is the next best FB behind Curtis
I don't read that piece of shit anymore. I just turn up to the end of year party for free piss. As the full back of the century it is my god given right.
by The Big Shrek
Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Coaching Appointments for 2018

Andrew Graham has taken the job at North Pines
by The Big Shrek
Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Coaching Appointments for 2018

They don't count as clients if they can't pay!
by The Big Shrek
Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

State Aboriginal Carnival

The state carnival was played at Kilburn this year.

Kaurna won div 2 and Kooniba beat Raukkan in div 1. Bloody entertaining footy and some absolute jets playing. Izak Rankine who played for Kooniba is going to be something special.
by The Big Shrek
Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congrats to the great man Pag on his firstborn!
by The Big Shrek
Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2018

Rhys O'Keeffe, Chad Parks and Darren Francis back at Chicland
by The Big Shrek
Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Previous SA Under 18s Captains

2014 – Jake Johansen (PA)

2013 – Luke Dunstan (WWT)

2012 – Jimmy Toumpas (WWT)

2011 – Chad Wingard (St)

2010 – Sebastian Tape (Gl)

2009 – Jack Trengove (St)

2008 – Scott Blesing (WA)

2007 – Brad Ebert (PA)

2006 – Bryce Gibbs (Gl)

2005 – Shannon Hurn (CD)

2004 – Ryan Griffen (SA)

2003 – Adam Cooney (WA)
by The Big Shrek
Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Knapp takes drugs to get bigger Galbraith takes drugs to get smaller
by The Big Shrek
Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tank man one day you will say something funny you silly old ****
by The Big Shrek
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Confirmed today Knapp has signed at Havens. They are now definitely favourites to go one better and win the B grade flag this year.
LOL, you have a fair fascination with young Knappy, he isn't going anywhere.

He is a great young lad and probably the most improved footballer I've ever come across, he spent many years in junior footy sitting on the pine eager to learn.

You're a loser who cares what you think
by The Big Shrek
Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah she did tell me that
by The Big Shrek
Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

AG Criminal Law would have got him 6 with 2.5 on the bottom
by The Big Shrek
Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shrek is a real muddy type operator. Did right thing and come home but mit still hate. Shrek upset come live in gods country with bubba up the shrek
by The Big Shrek
Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shrek is a real muddy type operator. Did right thing and come home but mit still hate. Shrek upset come live in gods country with bubba up the shrek

Is this a serious post. Is this bloke a bit slow.

up the shrek

Fev when you’ve got as many runs on the board as Shrekky you are allowed the indulgence of the odd drunken post.

Pull your head in when you are talking about forum royalty. Next time I won’t be so nice.
by The Big Shrek
Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fock you Hosie I will win another flag and shit down your throat count
by The Big Shrek
Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Up the Shrek up the Shrek
by The Big Shrek
Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shrek has just come home from a few vinos. He would like to note that Mr Fist, the mayor of Le fevre peninsula is a fine individual.

Shrek cares not for peasants like Fevola.
by The Big Shrek
Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAWFL 2018

PNU talking about having Quadruple headers. Would be great for the girls as they will be on 4th and will have a crowd to play in front of and feel part of the club. Could be a few lads on the balcony with some real sparkling repartee after 8 hours of football and a a few shandis. :lol:

Could work, could be a blight on your club aswell, I've umpired games after senior footy where the team managers have asked for the pissed blokes to be removed due to their sexist comments etc.

It's the most rapidly growing sport in the country so it needs to be handled with a bit of decorum and respect, if you're not there to support or have an interest in the game, go elsewhere.
This is a footy forum LM, not clementine Ford’s page. If you have no interest in being vaguely amusing go elsewhere.
by The Big Shrek
Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OMG Scott Galbraith and Dale Agius got caught bumming each other at an Auskick seminar at Iron Knob
by The Big Shrek
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NORTH EASTERN F/L

I’ll come out to a home game

I have accomodation for you mate, you can crash at ours, we have 4 spare bedrooms lol
February 24 when the streak ends at the hands of Lower North.

Feb 24 is the death of the winning streak and my life.

#weddingday
I hope you’re marrying FC or she will be devestated!
by The Big Shrek
Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Galbraith a hard inside mid this year. Laid a tackle and gave an inspirational bump to someone who wasn’t looking after the ball had gone out of bounds.
by The Big Shrek
Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bruno is coming home Knappy and Thommo start crying
by The Big Shrek
Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2018

Much love to deceased poster and expert troller froffies who has done another ACL.

Now he has absolutely no prospects of a sporting career get ready for a torrent of crap online.

1 like = 1 prayer.
by The Big Shrek
Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Typical shriek to play it all down never ever been out to kilburn to play or would ever but ehhh nothing like a lawyer to make up a story.... Run along and help some criminal back on the streets
Didn’t deny that you’re running your mouth off third hand information. Helping criminals isn’t what I do, exposing bullshit artists like you is.
by The Big Shrek
Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ANZAC DAY FOOTY

nearly 3000 there today, when was the last time the ammos had that? actually when has the ammos ever had that and all full paying patrons as well and you wonder why the country clubs can afford the big biccies. But thats ok you mob keep whining about paying to get into a grand final once a year :D :D

Very happy for you Days. 3000 people rocking up on their wagons to watch a team full of cousins play football must be an exciting experience. I bet it is all anyone talked about that night at the barn dance.

Keep paying the big biccies for a comp that’s about as good as the APFL.
by The Big Shrek
Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2018

Its a great debate and what I am most impressed about is, the argument isn't about the penalty being too harsh but if its adequate. Shows The League has started to change the hearts and minds on what is acceptable on a footy field now days

Ha ha I don’t think anyone (except cretins) ever thought it was ok to dog hit people off the ball. What will you take credit for next? Low interest rates?
by The Big Shrek
Wed May 02, 2018 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

the player from Eastern Park has been playing on the edge with things like this for the last 2-3 years this is just the first time he has been caught....E.P are not on the front foot because I see 2-3 other players on the list who at anytime could get reported and get games as they have short tempers

Everyone has a short temper when it comes to you because you are a twit.
by The Big Shrek
Fri May 11, 2018 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I heard Armstrong went down the pooraka flying fox naked with a stiffy and Pressler was bent over bum up at the end. Armstrong missed and snapped his dick. Pressler kissed it better and sock went screw this im going back to Williamstown let bedgecock coach.
by The Big Shrek
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2018

PS Your conclusion that Elizabeth seem to be lucky and come out at the lower end is the most meaningless sentence ever written on her
by The Big Shrek
Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

PS Your conclusion that Elizabeth seem to be lucky and come out at the lower end is the most meaningless sentence ever written on her
by The Big Shrek
Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The harm caused by the punch is very relevant to penalty. However the intention of the person who caused the harm is more relevant to guilt or the penalty. The problem with your comparison is that in a one punch attack the person inevitably intends to punch the person in the head. The argument here is that he didn’t.
by The Big Shrek
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

But if they only used harm as the guideline then you would end up with ‘football collisions ‘ that cause injury resulting in suspension. It’s a big price to pay for consistency.

The tribunal almost always has very imperfect evidence before it which makes there job difficult. My problem is that decisions with massive ramifications shouldn’t be based on what someone thinks happened.
by The Big Shrek
Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Really? The club has had at least 37 weeks of suspensions in just over 3 years after a bloody pretty serious incident. What do you expect to happen?

We did our maths today, in 6 years, 3 guilty players for a cumlative total of three weeks. In each of those 6 years we've fielded 5 sides under the Tribunal's jurisdiction.

It's not that hard to keep your nose clean
You wanna biscuit for being a good boy?
No you are the worst brown noser take a leaf from Shrek’s book and go on a bender
by The Big Shrek
Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Knappy full wanker though
by The Big Shrek
Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |