Re: 2018 AFL Grand Final

Armchair expert wrote:Umps got word from Gil to keep it close
#freekickwestcoast
by Q.
Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Armchair expert wrote:Time for a royal commission into the umpiring surely.
Kills me to watch Rioli shepherd Maynard out of the Sheed contest. Especially after Varcoe got done in the first quarter.
by Q.
Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

S Demon wrote:Up the Eagles!!
Congrats mate. Seeing your pics on FB was touching - a moment for a son and his father to remember forever.
by Q.
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Gaz! Finally a wicket
by Q.
Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Collapse is on again
by Q.
Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2019

cossi11 wrote:Oh i see, you guys are planning on stacking the B and C grade next season :lol:

No, just the B's again ;)
by Q.
Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:
Q. wrote:Image

Your people call my people Q.. but I got strict terms - I won’t have B4E ;) [emoji38]
B4E is Hendos full back of the year

How many Raiders Rolls to get you over the line?
by Q.
Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CRICKET AUSTRALIA REVIEW

Many pairs of rose colored glasses being worn in here
by Q.
Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2019

It's still ridiculously early lol :lol: - Only just started Rd 3 of cricket lol. :oops:

Hope he has a good year, hope the players show him the support and respect he deserves as a head coach and is given every opportunity to succeed.

Starting pre-season now is absolute ludicrous.

Can only end in tears.

Hamstring tears, agree.
by Q.
Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trade + Draft Period 2018

seeing some real salty cow and port supporters online because the suns got the players they wanted....

Good work by the suns

Has been brilliant hasn't it.

Absolutely love it the amount of F**K you Gold Coast, Your an irrelevant club GC posts getting around on Facebook.

And the sheer collective arrogance in thinking they will walk back to SA in two years
by Q.
Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Junior codes

There is literally over three decades of peer-reviewed research that demonstrates when coaches that emphasize skill development and mastery, youth are more likely to show positive outcomes whereas coaching behaviours that emphasize winning and comparisons with others are associated with negative outcomes including anxiety and stress, conflict with peers, less sportsman-like behaviour, and negative developmental outcomes.
by Q.
Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trade + Draft Period 2018

Skin fold tests hold more weight than ability.

Bullsh!t, 20 years ago maybe but not now. In some cases (very much the minority) higher than normal skinfolds (60-80 sum 7) can help you get drafted as an AFL club knows that there is an easy development opportunity there to get you better - get ready to run young fella....

In that context though you would need to have elite skills, decision making or the ability to play KPP though for the club to over look a bit of "conditioning"

Ability/Skills (in the context of being able to play in a variety of positions) and character are very much the metrics AFL clubs will draft you by with speed and aerobic power in the mix too.

I think you've missed a great opportunity to appreciate my pun.
by Q.
Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 Victorian State Election

I wonder if Fed Libs have figured out that nasty wedge politics that uses race to win votes doesn't fly with voters any more.
by Q.
Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Needs a core and top dress for starters
by Q.
Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Clarke had me until he said "..if he was talented enough or courageous enough to make it onto a cricket pitch...".

**** you Michael Clarke, very few of us are talented enough to play for Australia, even less of us the honor of captaining our country and to suggest Whateley's opinion is any less valid because he never "made it onto a pitch" is bullshit.

Once a wanker, always a wanker. Clarke has always been poison
by Q.
Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

What did Matt do?

Resources Minister Matt Canavan said he wanted children in school learning about how to build mines, do geology and how to drill for oil and gas, "which is one of the most remarkable science exploits in the world".

"These are the type of things that excite young children and we should be great at as a nation," he told 2GB on Friday.

"Taking off school and protesting? You don't learn anything from that. The best thing you'll learn about going to a protest is how to join the dole queue. Because that's what your future life will look like, up in a line asking for a handout, not actually taking charge for your life and getting a real job."

It's funny how idealogically driven climate science deniers have the temerity to suggest that high school kids are being 'indoctrinated'....with science :roll:
by Q.
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We digress though. Let's focus on Craig Kelly's outburst and episode 137 of the Unhinging of the Libs.
by Q.
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Going to fall short by the margin of one of our top six actually hitting a ton this match
by Q.
Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Solid stump mic banter
by Q.
Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

First over, bounce already inconsistent.

Can we bat for 2 sessions? That's the key. Bat for 2 more sessions and that pitch is going to turn into a Virat Kohli (A ******* big headed ****)
If Virat was an Aussie we'd be voting him in for PM, we're a fickle lot [emoji38] [emoji38] Rubbish. We lambast Warner for carrying on like a flog, but it's okay when Kohli does it?
by Q.
Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018-2019 BBL season

Keefy wrote:
carey wrote:Disgusting bowling.

The Heat will win this.
Those last few overs were terrible

Not many yorkers bowled

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Couldn't believe what I was watching. Bowl at the stumps FFS
by Q.
Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just **** off you vegan ****
by Q.
Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Novelties tend to wear off.
by Q.
Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Would've been nice to win the toss at Sydney or Melbourne to see how we batted on some the most docile pitches I've ever seen served up for the first two days of a match in Australia. Curators doing their best to ensure matches go into a fifth day.

I'll forgive the snoozefests if I get to see Harris or Head hit a century tomorrow.
by Q.
Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Patience is extremly difficult to train. We see this in the health and fitness industry all the time, it’s easy to train one on how to do a bench press or dead lift but extremly extremly hard to encourage/train and motivate one to continue training the amount of time required to see results.

From my understanding patience is generally taught at an extremly early developmental age and even if one becomes more patient as a teenager/adult their preference is to still not be patient

We live in a fast food society unfortunately. The amount of times I will have someone and in a lot of cases 13-25 year olds message our work Facebook page to then send a secondary message 5 minutes later saying ?????. This despite the fact it’s generally at 9,10,11pm

Patience is also genetically expressed. But social patience isn't the same as being patient in the middle of a cricket pitch at an elite level of sport - that is something that can be trained via time spent in the middle of a cricket pitch at an elite level of sport.
by Q.
Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When was the last time we went a home test series without someone scoring a century?

And heres the answer to your question re patience and concentration and the Aussie cricketer.

Harris had a ton on toast. Brain fade.
Head has ability... every innings this series he has made a start. Yet he has a litany of brain fades that are surely concentration lapses.
The list of examples is endless.
A great example of mindset would be to compare the leaves of Indian batsmen compared to ours. If we leave two we feel a compulsion to belt the next.

India are showing on the field what is required for Test cricket. But its the struggles that these guys overcame to get to Test level that sets them above us. Ours do not want to do the hard yards. It's the same generation who is walking away from SANFL footy aged 25 to play country footy. They aint interested in pushing themselves when the rewards are ample with less work required.

Aussie culture is softer than that of India. And the result is on show atm. Harris and Head have ten tests between them and you expect them to bat with the mastery of Pujara?

You're the one lacking patience.

Mate you are proving my point. Harris is 26 and Head is 25. Guys that age were much more advanced in Aussie Test teams 15 yrs ago.
And just to further my point about this being a cultural phenomenon... Pant showed plenty of patience in his knock yesterday. Age... 21.
Privthi Shaw has played two tests for India against England IN England. Scored 134 in one hit. Age... 18.
I aint comparing Head and Harris to Pujara. I am comparing the youngest team members of both sides... and the Indian 18 to 21 yr olds have far more patience and concentration than the Aussies in their mid 20s.

Hardly - a couple of anecdotal examples isn't the same as robust statistical evidence.

The only cultural phenomenon likely to be witnessed is that the statistical probability that India's population of 1.3 billion produced generationally gifted cricketers completely dwarfs the statistical probability of Australia's 25 million population being able to produce them.
by Q.
Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There's some quality on social media, isn't there?

Fraser Anning uses tax payer money to attend Neo-Nazi rally

"He's a racist, he's supporting Nazi's and he shouldn't have used taxpayer money"

"What about SHY, she used taxpayer money to see whales with her daughter and she's fat"
The extreme right and left clash via social media. It's honestly a call to arms for all our problems in politics.

Both cases should not have used tax payer funds. It's Bronwyn Bishop all over again.
Yeah, I don't think opposing a neo nazi really could really be described as extreme left.
We have consensus here! https://i.gifer.com/6B2G.gif
by Q.
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There's some quality on social media, isn't there?

Fraser Anning uses tax payer money to attend Neo-Nazi rally

"He's a racist, he's supporting Nazi's and he shouldn't have used taxpayer money"

"What about SHY, she used taxpayer money to see whales with her daughter and she's fat" The extreme right and left clash via social media. It's honestly a call to arms for all our problems in politics.

Both cases should not have used tax payer funds. It's Bronwyn Bishop all over again. Yeah, I don't think opposing a neo nazi really could really be described as extreme left.
by Q.
Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Another Finch innings, another failure
by Q.
Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Grenville wrote:Rachel Finch to chop on to an offcutter.
In tears
by Q.
Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Head to ton up in the first innings
by Q.
Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Netflix

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Netflix or foxtel??
Foxtel for Sports, Netflix for TV Series
by Q.
Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

The parlous state of modern "music".

Don't @ me with "You're old, get with it man", today's music is ******* shit. I tuned into the Hottest 100 on Sunday from number 30 odd to number 12 or so, it's ******* shit. Depressing, melodramatic, shit.

One strum of a guitar, wail some painfully incomprehensible bollocks, beat a synthesized drum once or twice, strum again, wail some more, ******* repeat.

I love music, I can picture myself in numerous settings listening to numerous genre's, from metal to hip hop to rock'n'roll to dance to classical and anywhere in between. But this shit these deconstructed smashed avocado with GF bread, skinny almond milk latte, beard balm using, jeans ripped at the knees with no ******* socks and out of shape cheap fedora with stupid sunglasses from a dress up store wearing clowns listen to is crap.

Don't @ me with "You're old, get with it man", if one, just one artist could get inspired enough to use a 2/4 or 4/4 beat in a track, perhaps make some sense so I can at least under stand them then I'll get on board.

DON'T @ ME!

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/645/713/888.jpg
by Q.
Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jean is retired with a large self-managed super fund. She receives $29,810 in dividends from bank shares and $130,000 from other assets. As the fund is in the pension phase, and pays $0 tax. Jean is currently entitled to a $12,775 rebate. Under Labor, Jean would lose that.

#prayforjean

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Welfare for the rich. Another sign of how out of touch the LIbs are with ordinary Australian's.
by Q.
Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It’s not before the election we have to worry about.
It’s the $200bn in new and increased taxes afterwards
Bowen thinks he’s a reincarnation of Keating - he wants the second “recession we had to have” What new taxes might these be?

You sound like a Murdoch hack with the recession fear mongering

Keep the personal abuse out of it thanks Q

As far as I know, the Financial Review is not owned by Murdoch

https://www.afr.com/news/economy/chris-bowen-touts-200b-tax-hike-buffer-against-global-headwinds-20190122-h1abj4 Its behind a paywall. But I've read others like it where they include removing negative gearing, removing franking credit tax refunds etc. as "new taxes" in the 200bn - which is shoddy journalism

The last Labor govt saved us from a recession, so it's just pure fear mongering to suggest that electing them will lead to one
by Q.
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Epic choke
by Q.
Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This government is up to their eyeballs in corruption. Nobbling the NBN on behalf of Rupert, hindering renewable investment on behalf of Gina, billions of taxpayer money shuffled into detention centre contracts, Cash tip off on AFP raid of AWU, Parakeelia & Paladin rorts, GBR Foundation rort, Dutton au pairs saga - the list goes on and on...

Probably the worst and most corrupt government in Australian history.
by Q.
Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Rules 2019

One other major change to be implemented next year will be a tightening of the holding the ball rule, with the player who has possession of the ball to be penalised more often if there is seen to be a prior opportunity or if there is not a genuine attempt to dispose of the ball.

Except during finals where they won't pay a single HTB :roll:
by Q.
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Premier League 2019

I'm in @Rik E Boy. Sorry for the tardiness, life has been hectic.
by Q.
Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Impersonating an MP. That's jail time.
by Q.
Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

hulkamania wrote:
KranskyAlliance wrote:Four weeks to go ?

4 weeks to go? That means 3 weeks until I start pre-season training, better order my XXXL gursney for round 1..
Order one for Rogers as well
by Q.
Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2019

The Bedge wrote:
norm11 wrote:Para hills fc looking for a trial game Thursday the 28 th or Friday the 29 th. Our oval. Please pm me if interested

What's your role at PH this year old man?

Maybe you could ask Houghton if they wanna game? ;)
We would have loved a game
by Q.
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 - The new, the old and the who?

Sidebottom nowhere to be seen
by Q.
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Initial Squad Setup

Oh man, Collins and Burgess on the field dented my Round 1 score.
by Q.
Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2019

carey wrote:
Q. wrote:
carey wrote:Buss will not be at Houghton.

Well, I guess you can't take a bloke on his word these days. My bad

From our point of view, yes you can
by Q.
Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2019

Mindboggling that you could think it possible in this day and age to play blokes contracted to another club and denied clearances.
by Q.
Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah, Downer isn't biased at all. Still clinging to the myth of Libs being good economic managers and repeating the lie that Labor are introducing 387 bil of new taxes. Pathetic.

The base of the op ed was to review election history but thank you for proving my point anyway.
BTW, the AFR keep clinging to that “lie” as well. Probably because Bowen confirmed it in an interview with them. But, hey, the AFR and Coorey are so right wing. Maybe if you expanded your reading from The Big Issue and Labor press releases you might learn something.

I've read Coorey's article and he backs up my point that these are not new taxes.

$150 bil is Labor scrapping tax breaks in the 24/25 budget that goes to the wealthiest 5% (ie. $11k tax relief for those earning over $250k).

It's laughable that you ask me to read alternative sources when you're a walking Coalition press release yourself.
by Q.
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 Women and Children First!

Rik E Boy wrote:FFS Every single time. Bloke is on fire so you bring him in and he scores **** all! Sorry Neale owners! It was me!

regards,

REB
Could've warned us
by Q.
Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |