Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Lightning and thunder over Alberton at the moment

Pop in for a beer?
by Booney
Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAFC 2024

EMERGING Port Adelaide key forward Ollie Lord has signed a contract extension to remain at the club until the end of 2026.

Already contracted for next season, the 21-year old said he had no hesitation in signing a two-year contract extension.
by Booney
Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kane Cornes

@kanecornes
·
2h
·
"Love the player, hate the contract."
by Booney
Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Captain and 8 year extension for Rozee.

Fellow midfielder Zak Butters has been appointed vice-captain, while Sam Powell-Pepper, Dan Houston and Willem Drew form part of the broader leadership group.

https://resources.portadelaidefc.com.au/photo-resources/2023/12/10/0a8bf517-4e1f-4799-8286-bfa279943b2c/d01_Captain-CR_900x560.jpg?width=1064&height=600
by Booney
Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Simplest measure of hydration is piss into a cup and measure someones Urine Specific Gravity. closer to 1.0 hydration above 1.02 dehydrated...
Bit awkward when a trainer jogs up with a cup at the cusp of time-on...

"We'll only play you for the first half then we'll pull you off at half time"
by Booney
Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good deal for all involved.

Still trying to work out how this is a good deal for Port?

Like others have said, locked in a bloke who genuinely looks like he could be a top 5 footballer in the comp.
Locked him in at a price that 'could' be unders in 5 years' time if he reaches his potential.
Port can now build the squad around him.
Rozee can pretty much guarantee he finishes his career earning approx. 10 million, knowing that so far in advance should mean he can set himself up well in the future.

Obviously, its a lot of 'what if's' and based on potential, but at least Port knows this bloke, they know how he trains, his personality, his work rate etc etc. If ever there was a need for a really long-term contract i think this is one of those situations.

Like others have said I'm sure if they could have Port would have locked Butters into a longer contract as well.

Pretty sure his fiance is part of the Farquhar Kitchen family, they should be ok.
by Booney
Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW 2023

Fricky wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:Daisy Pearce the new West Coast AFLW coach.

Head coach!

Hopefully that excludes her from all commentary roles.

Nope. She'll continue to threaten mens masculinity with Channel 7

EFA
by Booney
Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity Casualties

MW wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
MW wrote:
Jim05 wrote:I honestly had to look this one up. Had not heard of him or his show

Very jealous. You have 9 seasons to watch!

Possibly the best sitcom of the decade. Obviously behind Ted Lasso

:shock:

I want to take my like for his GIF back.
by Booney
Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wouldn't take his comments seriously if he wasn't in a serious position in the footy world. Im not sure Port will ever reach the summit with him in charge.

He's been a success with the role he's asked to do, the fact we've not got across the line in finals being linked to him is one I'd love to hear more about. Please, go on.
by Booney
Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Mowed the lawn last night. Will have to mow it again tomorrow.
by Booney
Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When the Port Magpies were winning premiership after premiership in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s I couldn’t tell you if they turned over a profit or not.
Didn’t care as it was all about winning premierships.
How things have changed!

Talking about profits and balance sheets over premierships now.

I can. We have never been flushed with cash.

Could tell you a very good story about a club legend over a beer one day.
by Booney
Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer 2023/24

I hope these blokes like fielding.
by Booney
Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OH GOOD, HAYDOS IS COMMENTATING
by Booney
Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There's no doubt Warner is a polarizing character, but looking at his raw numbers? He's one of our all timers.

If you look purely at numbers, he's played 200 innings so with the amount of cricket played now that is an even measure to compare others to him.

Warner - 200 innings, 8651 runs at 45.05

Boon - 190 innings, 7422 runs at 43.65

Clarke - 198 innings, 8643 runs at 49.10

Taylor - 186 innings, 7525 runs at 43.49

M Waugh - 209 innings, 8029 runs 41.81
by Booney
Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 23/24

Is this the worst standard of BBL ever?
Some very ordinary batting line ups everywhere.
There is far too many old washed up batsman getting around. It's a young players game.

Can we give the cup to the Scorchers already!

Playing test matches during the BBL season never helps
Warner/Khawaja/Lab/Smith/Head/Marsh/Green/Carey would norMALly be picked in any BBL team

:YMSICK:
by Booney
Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 23/24

I don't mind watching it, the fact the cricket world has sacrificed proper cricket to entertain people who don't like cricket doesn't sit so well with me.
by Booney
Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

dedja wrote:Image

Only on Sundays.
by Booney
Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2024

Eight of the Nine 2024 Gather Round Matches are now sold out.

Only tickets remain for the Collingwood vs Hawthorn match on Sunday, April 7 at Adelaide Oval.

Two little clubs battling away. Good on them.
by Booney
Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cricket Commentators

Hayden is as bad as has ever been, dude, calm the f*ck down.

Langer faps on about the baggy green when only 466 Australians have had the honor of wearing it and he carries on like we know what it's like.

They can both go and get f*cked.
by Booney
Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Perth crowds
Day 1 a pathetic 16k turned up and all we hear is that it’s a working day, not school holidays blah, blah, blah
Day 2 another pathetic 17k crowd and all we hear is it’s Friday and they will pour through the gates on Saturday
Day 3 is smaller crowd of 16k despite being on a Saturday. Now the excuses are it’s too hot, Pakistan are batting too slow, Langer isn’t coaching, Bancroft isn’t playing blah, blah, blah
Day 4 and absolutely woeful crowd of 9k show up and cue more excuses

If SACA don’t grow a pair and demand better from CA they all need to step down. Absolutely sick and tired of CA pandering to the ingrates of WA and it’s always Adelaide that gets screwed

Yeah, SACA are the people to demand excellence.
by Booney
Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Charlies Diner - Brighton Metro

Must have won the buffet lottery last night as the place was no more than 50% full. Granted, due to the age of most of our dinner party we were booked in for 5:30 so most of the food was just coming out as we went for our first run.

Asian - Sweet n Sour Pork and Lemon Chicken were both really good, the hokkien noodle beef dish and the special fried rice were not. Happy with the first plate to get me started.

Carvery - The roast beef didn't look as good as it tasted, the spuds and veggies ( honey carrots in particular ) were good, as noted above nice and fresh. Again, happy enough with this.

International - The cajun drum sticks were excellent, honey soy wings really good and some chips on the side were a bit soggy but as expected being in a tray waiting for me. This was probably the pick.

Finished off, like all good boys do, with a green jelly and chocolate frog. :lol:

All in all I reckon the $39 price tag was more than ok, most pubs charge $25+ for a schnitty so for the price I think the value is pretty good. The service wasn't too happy to be there, the front counter were just doing a job, the bar staff weren't in the same class as Sam Malone but were pleasant enough.

Food - 8/10
Service - 6/10
Timing of visit - 10/10
by Booney
Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Dutchy wrote:Old man getting confirmation he is still cancer free today

Couldn't be happier for you all mate.
by Booney
Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MLB

Ohtani really is proving himself to be one that is right out of the box.

His ability in on field is simply second to none, he's got the tools to be an All-Star in any position. His $700m contract is reflective of that.

To then defer $68m per year to allow the organization to build a championship team around him is incredibly selfless.

Part of his deal with New Balance for his glove included 60,000 gloves being sent to 20,000 schools in Japan for students to use.

He is fair dinkum the nicest bloke in world sports.
by Booney
Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pat Cummins’ manager reveals how cricket administrators are killing Test cricket

Pat Cummins’ long-time player agent says cricket administrators are “killing” the game and that he cannot envisage players focusing on Test cricket into the future.

As the prospect of a second Indian Premier League window beckons, international cricket is appearing increasingly marginalised, leading former Sheffield Shield player, Cricket NSW director and veteran player manager Neil Maxwell to bemoan the future of the sport.

“There’s just so much cricket,” Maxwell told RSN on Tuesday, pointing the finger at boards including Cricket Australia.

“I think the full member countries are definitely to blame because there’s no structure and no context to the game of cricket.

“The game has lost all sight of what’s important. Everyone’s just wanting to play cricket for the sake of playing it. Some of the most meaningless games of cricket around the world will be taking place.

“The ICC is a meaningless body, it’s just an event organiser that organises World Cups now…it’s the full member boards basically.”

Maxwell, whose company manages Australian captain Cummins along with fellow quick Josh Hazlewood and has also been Mike Hussey’s long-time agent, said the final opportunities on offer on the short-form white-ball circuit provided little incentive for the next generation of prospective Test cricketers to focus on their red ball skills.

“As sad as it sounds, there’s no way in the world a player would be focused on Test cricket. We’ve got the most amazing Test team at the moment, and they’re winning everything before them, which is brilliant to see. Where does the No. 14 player get a game? It ain’t happening, and it’s not going to happen,” Maxwell said.

“There’ll be a changing of the guard in the next two to three years, there’s no doubt about that, but we’re going to miss two or three generations of cricketers who are vying for 11 spots when they’re being offered 500 spots around the world in other formats of the game. So we’ve got to be honest with ourselves. These players have to make a living, otherwise they’re going to be pottering around in Sheffield Shield cricket trying to get one spot in the next five to 10 years. So it just doesn’t add up, does it?”

Maxwell also bemoaned a lack of prize money being directed towards players at ICC events, as well as the proliferation of World Cups. Under the current ICC global broadcasts rights deal, there is a senior men’s ICC title up for grabs every year

“FICA (the global player union body) is fighting to try and get an elevation of two per cent to three per cent for prize money in World Cups. The Matildas with due respect who finished fourth in the World Cup make more money than the Australian players do for winning the World Cup.

“We’re diluting the product by having a World Cup every year. So the players lose a World Cup and they’ve got another one in six months. I’m sorry to sound cynical because I really don’t want to be, because I do love the game of cricket, but when you look at these points, facts basically, it becomes stupid. The game is ridiculous.

“Unfortunately we’re killing a game that’s such a big part of our history.”
by Booney
Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What's for lunch?

Inspired by the return of dedja we've got ourselves a new culinary thread, so, what's for lunch?
by Booney
Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2024

Finally get a six pack. Congratulations. :D
by Booney
Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

wenchbarwer wrote:Happy Gravy Day @Booney

I can't wait! :lol:
by Booney
Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

I'll have the first Peroni around 11 this morning, the pizzas and Subway roll in around noon, we'll sit around and tolerate each others company for a few hours then I'll be off the the Alberton to kick on. Back on the 8th January.

Hope you all enjoy your well earned breaks, for those working through in any capacity thank you for keeping the world turning.
by Booney
Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

dedja wrote:Is this true @Booney?

I did my best, on and off field.
by Booney
Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Calling all Phil's and Springer's, How do you deal with an office romance? Have some massive mutual tension at work with a colleague without getting too physical, feel like I need to leave the joint to stop thinking about her, both of us married :o ?

Posting this doesn't seem like it's the worst decision you've made recently.
by Booney
Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

dedja wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
dedja wrote:Dick head

EFA

You calling me a dick head? :shock:

:lol:

No, I am. :lol:
by Booney
Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Airing of grievances - Festivus

I got a lot of problems with you people.
by Booney
Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Excited boys, big day today, prepare yourselves well for tomorrow. Remember, we're on a dirty bulk phase so go hard.
by Booney
Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Merry Xmas

To you and yours from me and mine, Merry Xmas.

I'm sure we'll all eat and drink too much, laugh with loved ones present and yearn for those who aren't.

Fill your day with love and laughter. Presence not presents.
by Booney
Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Get off the ******* ground Marnus, infuriates me everytime, probably more than it should but just **** off, youre out.
Its like him and Smith have a contest to see who can take the longest to get off the ground.

Is the incoming batsman at the crease & ready?
No?
Then there's no need to rush off!
It shouldn't make you cranky...........unless you just don't like him.

Carry the bat by the handle and get the f*ck off.

Smith nearly shaking his own head off yesterday before reviewing an LBW.

Cummins running to Carey for a caught behind not looking back at the umpire.

All petulant behaviour.
by Booney
Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

How the latest Toyota ad even became a marketing idea in the first place (Let alone made it on to our screens). Instead of buying a light that is attached to the house the Mum buys a light bar for the front of her $100k+ Toyota Land Cruiser so her kid can now play basketball at night by switching the lights on in her car….

The kid is shit at basketball too.

I hate the joint custody Hilux ad.

"Fishing?"

"Yeah.....obvious."

That's why he left!
by Booney
Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good team.
Tugga Waugh is an interesting one.
I’d have Border, Viv Richard’s, Smith, Chappell before him

Pure love of the great man gets him in. Just loved the way he went about it.
Absolutely, he epitomises the Aussie spirit, he’s as hard as a cats head.

I have a different view of S Waugh, his mental disintegration method was the first sign of Australian cricket not respecting the opposition in my view.
by Booney
Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How good the simple things are.

Mowed some lawns after a late start, couple at the pub, sitting outside with the dog, some tunes and an icy cold one.

None of it hard work.
by Booney
Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

Went to Cry Baby for a free Grinspoon show, first in best dressed.

Lined up at 5 for 6pm doors, probably 70th in line. Got in easy.

Probably 130 odd let in, $7 Young Henry Hazy, $7 Vodkas. Tick and Mrs Tick.

Grinspoon on at 845. Went off. Sweaty. Packed. Jumping. It was awesome.
by Booney
Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

The driver v cyclist angst is absurd.

Couple of times a week you might engage for 15 seconds. Worthy of any angst?

Nah brah.
by Booney
Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

locky801 wrote:
mal wrote:
whufc wrote:Kerry O'Keefe going bang bang bang in the lunch break, talking bongs, pulling Kylie Minogue and pulling Venezuelan chicks.

Very funny segment
For Laughy801 and Laughing Mcqueen its must see viewing for material

Kerry is more entertaining than the cricket

No wonder we have a problem.
by Booney
Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Armchair expert wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Hazlewood would want to take some wickets this innings or its goodbye and hello to Lance Lightning

Bang

Needs 3 minimium to save his place in the team

Can you suggest Mrs Boon isn't interested?
by Booney
Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Got a good one.

That's sufficient.
by Booney
Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We all know Yorkes is the greatest peninsula on Earth. It can be the shittiest of shit weather and you're still in love with it. Sorry Le Fevre.

I rate finishing the break strong.

Played 9 at West Lakes Thursday, probably join on, couple of frothies at the Woodshed.

Few with mates Friday, couple at the Woodshed.

Daughters outlaws last night here for dinner, good people.

Brekky with Mrs Boon this morning, lad and I hit a pool hall for a few games, Woodshed for two froths, just mowed and swam with a Fat Yak about to crumble.

Reality tomorrow. Good times the last 4 days.
by Booney
Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

McSweeney should be in that list mal.
by Booney
Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2024

hollywood7477 wrote:Kane Sherlock from Westies signed with Henley
Ray Harding from the panthers also signed with Henley

21, won best first year player and top 10 Westies BnF in 2023. That's a real loss for Westies and a terrible sign for the league.
by Booney
Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think they want one opener who gets the game moving and both Smith and Khwaja play the anchor role so I don't think they do that.

Not 100% sure that's how Renshaw, Bancroft, or Harris bat or have an ability to do that better than Smith.

Khawaja is 37 and Smith about to turn 35, we're hardly looking at the future if we don't bring in one of the above.

Renshaw is the most aggressive of those 3, I think Bancroft has the body of work behind him to get the gig though.
by Booney
Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Metal dive bar, nearly 50 beers to choose from, 10 minute walk from home. Yep!
by Booney
Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |