Re: AFL Finals - week #1

Back in the prison bars were we belong.
by kickinit
Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2nd Semi Final - Port v Norwood @ Adelaide Oval (Sat 6/9

RB wrote:
matt35 wrote:Still can't find this Power Reserves team!

Jesus H. Christ, there are only ten teams, it's not that hard. I'll give you a hint, they contain about 18 Power players in their 21. :roll:

Not sure if you can read or not but it list Port Adelaide Magpies as playing norwood this week.
by kickinit
Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port v Richmond 2014 or "HAPPY FATHERS DAY GUYS"

woodublieve12 wrote:Both teams are playing for one more game... No way will either team beat freo next week...

Saying that I'd love to see the tigers get up

Finals footy woodublieve anything can happen. If either team did beat Freo next would be a massive ask to get up again next week.
by kickinit
Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals - week # 3.

woodublieve12 wrote:I just confused why he did it. There was no need for it.

I think you will find there would be many players in the AFL that would like to take Selwood head off
by kickinit
Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live Scores

Go you magpies another Grand final appearance.
by kickinit
Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final - Port v South @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 14

very disappointed with the power reserves winning today, could have handled losing to south (not that I think we will lose to the power reserves) but having to sit with one club supporters going on about where is your team in the afl and not hearing any smart ass comments out of them until they start kicking goals. It will make the win sweeter beating PP reserves but boy it will be unbearable if we were to lose watching all that teal blue celebrating their first magpies game in 15 years. Hopefully I am surrounded by norwood supporter and don't have to get in any arguments with power supporters.

You'll be happy then that your playing PORT ADELAIDE MAGPIES next week then
by kickinit
Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RB wrote:
kickinit wrote:The thing that decides what they are called is what the team name is.

At only the most superficial of levels. You can call your dog a horse; it's still a dog.

That is correct, you can call the magpies the power, but we are still the magpies.
by kickinit
Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

very disappointed with the power reserves winning today, could have handled losing to south (not that I think we will lose to the power reserves) but having to sit with one club supporters going on about where is your team in the afl and not hearing any smart ass comments out of them until they start kicking goals. It will make the win sweeter beating PP reserves but boy it will be unbearable if we were to lose watching all that teal blue celebrating their first magpies game in 15 years. Hopefully I am surrounded by norwood supporter and don't have to get in any arguments with power supporters.

You'll be happy then that your playing PORT ADELAIDE MAGPIES next week then

17 Power listed players wearing a magpies jumper does not make them magpies. In 3 weeks time 7 of them will told see you later.

Being a power listed player also does not make the team Port Power. The thing that decides what they are called is what the team name is. As much as you must hate it, PAFC team in the SANFL is PORT ADELAIDE MAGPIES.
by kickinit
Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

And your SANFL side is your afl reserves. Get over it and accept reality.

You do realise I have accepted reality. You and many other are the ones that have not accepted it. You can correct me if i'm wrong but the SANFL call Port's side in the SANFL the MAGPIES. So in your words get over it and accept reality.
by kickinit
Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Kahuna wrote:
kickinit wrote:[ ok after the MAGPIES have made another GF

Yes, congrats on making the gf (lower case intentional) in your debut season.
Coach has done an awesome job with the squad he had to work with.

Debut season? are you talking about another league? You do know Port have been in the league since day 1.
by kickinit
Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

I thought bomber's new role was to make sure Hirdy doesn't pump them full of banned substances again
by kickinit
Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

Well done norwood, another great year. To all the haters don't worry we will be back in 2015 to make you cry again.
by kickinit
Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

Well done norwood, another great year. To all the haters don't worry we will be back in 2015 to make you cry again.

Again? :D

We'll play you in Grand Finals anytime you like.

I suppose you can't cry again when you haven't stopped. You've been one of the biggest cry babies on since the rules changed.
by kickinit
Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sanderson sacked

You do realise that all the talk about clarkson today has come from Jarmen, a person who is very well known for making up crap.
by kickinit
Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

I think pick #16 will get the deal done. I think Essendon wouldn't want to push it too much or they could lose him for nothing.
by kickinit
Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

They may have an average list but maybe he is sick of Port people like yourself thinking you are so high and mighty on the back of one half decent year.
Maybe when your side actually achieves something then you can get stuck into everyone else, 1 club won the flag this year, the other 17 won stuff all, guess which group your mob is in?

What have I said that makes me high and mighty? How does telling the truth about the crows have anything to do with what Port have done in the last 24months? To me it's just a crows supporter realising the situation his club is in and now wants to take it out on Port.
by kickinit
Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great its exactly what needed, more delays because ASADA are a typical government agency.

Do you blame them? ALFPA and Essendon have done nothing but try to stop this entire process. Now that they know they can't stop it any further they want ASADA to magically have this process over within a week. What Essendon and ALFPA have to realise is this could already be over with if they hadn't stuffed around.
by kickinit
Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry misread your initial post.
A couple of media outlets have been saying Essendon directly paid Charters and Alavi which is an outright lie and the judge believed this to be the case.
My point still stands about Dank though, he was given money by the club with strict instructions that all supplements and parts of the program were to be WADA and ASADA complient and not illegal.
Dank needs to be compelled to attend court and reveal what he did after that.
The funny thing is even if Charters and Alavi were forced to go to court they were under no obligation to answer any questions, ASADA has admitted this themselves so what was the point of trying to subpoena them?
Anyway its all done now and the real stuff starts tomorrow, should know more by mid January

Thats a load of crap. The club knew along what was going on and not once did they do anything to stop it. Hird knew exactly what was going because he was the one that asked for it. ASADA isn't going to waste time at this point to chase Dank because they know they will be handing him a lifetime ban after this case is over. Chasing Dank will do nothing he isn't gong to talk and he sure isn't handing any evidence over. In actual fact I think it's in Essendon favour that he doesn't attend.
by kickinit
Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

Those Universities are enourmous and the coin they generate is phenominal. Considering at a minimum it costs $30,000 USD per year to get an education of which I'm aware of because my partner's brother has a Basketball Scholarship right now and at a US College it funds the Scholarship holders. The US cost of living is far less than ours so it would push up costs to get an education in Australia to make this worth while. I couldn't see in anyway how you could fund such an idea within Australia consistently across the country.

You do realise that colleges in SA are already offering scholarships and paying big money to have dedicated coaches. If it's going to be self funded how is it going to push up the cost of education? The money will come from SA football, you take out the greedy SANFl hands and there is a lot of money to be had in SA football.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/footy-feud-elite-schools-v-sanfl/story-e6freckc-1226604126606
by kickinit
Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA Bushfires

if anyone would like the link to the stream of the cvs radios i'm more then happy to post it. A lot better information then whats floating around.
by kickinit
Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA Bushfires

I'm sure everyone has heard about how you will get a text if you need to go. If you have family or friends close to this fire (I would suggest anyone east of main north road from blakeview to hope valley) tell them to make sure that location services is turned on, if it is off they will not receive a text.
by kickinit
Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

My Ipod classic has shit itself :(

Does anyone know if Jb Hi Fi still stock and sell Ipod Classics? I read Apple (the bloody wankers) recently discontinued manufacturing Ipod Classics. Mines still under warranty and Im hoping I can swap it over and get a new one, already done this before when 2 years ago my first Ipod classic died after I dropped it.
Only sell the nano and touch. Might be best to take it to the apple store in the city. Will be a lot quicker then jb doing anything.
Will they repair it there? Where is the Apple Store in the city?

Yes, even possible of replacing it if they have stock or offering equivalent new model. It's in the rundle mall on the southern side roughly half way down.

The link below has the contact details. You can walk in off the street and have it looked at but you could be waiting depending how busy they are. Best to call and setup up a time to go and get it looked at.

http://www.apple.com/au/retail/rundleplace/
by kickinit
Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

RB wrote:Does this mean they've given up on Dangerfield re-signing?

Dangers already walked. If he was committed to the club he would of signed last year.
by kickinit
Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Central District on the move?

agree with RIG ... Central would be stupid not to consider the opportunity if whatever needs to make it happens eventuates.

Agree

Couldn't agree more. Central's current clubrooms are pushed back away from main north road. Moving it out to main north road will increase exposure, it will also separate it from the footy oval. Separating it from the footy oval invites non footy followers to see it more as a restaurant then a footy club. As long as they offer good meals at good prices they won't have a problem.
by kickinit
Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Thanks so much Kickinit, appreciate it.
In the Apple store making the most of their free Wifi haha, I got my Ipod replaced free of charge, I'm over the f**king moon!

Thanks again @Kickinit[/quote]

No problems, Apple have to have hands the best warranty system going around. My sister smashed her screen on the new iPhone, they were unable to replace the screen as they didn't have the tools to do so (It was a couple of days after release). The gave her a brand new phone at the cost of the screen replacement which was about $120.
by kickinit
Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Wallaroo marina hotel. View is amazing looking out to the marina. Food was well and truly outstanding. Easily the best meal i've ever had. It is a bit on the pricey side to what you would expect to pay at a hotel, but the food and views are definitely worth it.
by kickinit
Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

Im saying the sled incident was stupid because they shouldn't be near each other while using them. Doesn't matter if other clubs use them unsafely as well.

Kickinit apparently is saying the sled incident is stupid because it hit Reilly in the head, hence why I am now distancing myself from him.

I thought you were saying the incident to reilly was caused by the sled.
by kickinit
Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gold Coast 2014

Can someone please tell me why the AFL only is partially signed up with WADA?
According to WADA recreational drugs are on the prohibited list and plenty of people around the world are currently suspended due to cannabis, cocaine etc. Despite this somehow the AFL anti doping policy overides WADA, how is this so?
How can a player get several strikes and still be playing, I think most sides over the last 10 years would have atleast a couple of players either suspected of or peoven to have taken recreational drugs. WADA lists cocaine as performance enhancing. Surely once Essendope are dealt with the league needs to come down harder on it

I don't actually know but I wouldn't be surprised if the AFL didn't want WADA involved because they know they have a massive drug issue and having WADA could expose it

You can't be partially signed up to WADA, once you sign then you have to comply with the WADA code fully. Under the WADA code illicit drugs are only tested for during match day, ASADA does not test for illicit drugs out of season. The AFL illicit drug policy only tests during the off season, they don't conduct tests during the season. WADA are only interested in performance enhancing drugs, I would say they don't see any illicit drugs taken in the off season as performance enhancing. The AFL policy is over and above WADA code. One thing people don't realise is if a player tests positive to illicit drugs during a match day test he doesn't get the 3 strikes, he is treated as taking a performance enhancing drug.

The policy
http://www.aflplayers.com.au/illicit-drugs-policy/

Testing results from 2013 that explain the policy better
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-16/afl-aflpa-amendments-to-afl-illicit-drugs-policy-idp-release-of-2012-testing-results-
by kickinit
Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HICKS DECISION

He was critical of Western intervention. I am, does that make me a terrorist?

His 'confession' came under duress that included beatings, isolation, sleep deprivation and sexual abuse. No evidence was established that he received terrorist training, a claim backed by the Australian Military, and it's been well documented that he never broke any laws.

Western Forces were not in Kunduz while he was there and was actually on his way back to Australia when he was captured. The fact remains, he never fired a shot outside of the basic military training he received in Kosovo and Pakistan.

You patriotic histrionics in your last sentence aren't evidence of anything.

No evidence of receiving terrorist training? He openly admitted to training with Lashkar-e-Taiba a terrorist organisation. Which Has supported the taliban fight against US, Australia and the northern alliance. He didn't receive "terrorist training" (which is classified as bomb making and flying planes into buildings etc) but he did receive combat training by a terrorist organisation, which to this day he has never denied about doing. Only the other day his lawyer said his fight on this case was never about what he was doing, it was only about the legality of the charge.

If you actually think it's ok the train with a terrorist organisation, that has supports terrorist attacks against our country and our allies then go a head jump on a plane and go fight with them. Go and ask anyone that has lost someone from a terrorist attack and ask them how they feel about someone training with a terrorist group.

David Hicks will always be a terrorist.
by kickinit
Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

stan wrote:
kickinit wrote:Has James Hird become the new Lance Armstrong, he has lied that much he actually believes its the truth.

Are you Caroline Wilson by any chance? You hatred for Hird and Essendon is up there with the best.

I have absolutely 0% respect for Hird and the EFC.
by kickinit
Thu May 14, 2015 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |