Return

Re: Things that you rate!

Jeez, that time flew ...
by dedja
Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Retirements - 2014

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Carl Langdon reckons tomorrow Nick Maxwell will retire. Ankle is shot...

Faark, didn't realise he was still playing ...
by dedja
Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

wouldn't even be able to trade him for bottle tops ...
by dedja
Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Having quality flaps is a good thing ...
by dedja
Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Tribunal News & Discussions

Should do, it's the same dickhead.
by dedja
Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Ever been East of the city? ... just asking

Good thread,

Mrs.Boon purchased an "Entertainment Book" earlier this year with various eateries offering up to 30% discount ( up to $30 value ) around the city.

So far we have used most of the Port side / West side vouchers.

The Bartley, The Newmarket ( Port Adelaide ), The Port Dock, The Lighthouse, The Dockside, The Birkenhead, The Exeter ( Semaphore Road ), Sullys Cafe ( Semaphore Road - highly recommended for breakfast!! ), The Red Ass ( Semaphore Road ).

Many of these are, simply, just pubs. The stand outs are the Birkenhead and Sullys.

We normally hit somewhere for a meal on a Thursday, this thread should be good as we look to head North / City bound more often.
by dedja
Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Tribunal News & Discussions

Booney wrote:Two people did the wrong thing here, that's the bottom line and only one, at this point, has been punished.

Disagree Boon ... Hartlett only gets 3 matches, Luke Grant will be a dickhead for the rest of his life.
by dedja
Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Correct on the public service and let's see what happens on the political spin side ... you may or may not be right, time will tell.

On the election result, there's no gerrymander, just a quirk in that Labor are holding a few seats by a bee's appendage, whilst the Libs have far more safer seats, and so Labor are able to spend their finite resources holding them whilst the Libs time and time again, mis-manage election campaigns through a combination or arrogance, in-fighting and just plain stupidity.

Labor have had their time but the Libs keep giving them the kiss of life. It's not out of the question for Labor to win the next election (at the moment it's more than likely), so what does that say about the Libs?

It says that they are an absolute shambles and that Marshall should go back to whatever he was doing before because he's out of his depth. They should also have a massive clean out to rid the party of the Hatfields and McCoys.

A strong opposition makes good government, we've had a shambles on both sides for far too long, but Labor just manage to outsmart the Libs on just about every occasion.
by dedja
Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Chicken Little syndrome happening here ...

With what I've read on this issue I'm not sure what the Minister or Premier could have done to prevent it.

Let them review to get to the bottom of it.

I know it hurts Jimmy but the Libs managed to lose another election ... again. 8)

Scaremongering won't change that.
by dedja
Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - Port v Adelaide @ Alberton Oval (Sat 26/7)

What percentage of cats and dogs should we expect to Eagles matches then?
by dedja
Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Faarking wharfies ... fatherless, no teeth, welfare scum.

Thread back on track 8)
by dedja
Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

LOL, It was just a misunderstanding ... mate, just admit you cocked up.

A COMMONWEALTH Games weightlifter from Papua New Guinea has been committed to stand trial over an alleged sexual assault on another man, Robert Craddock writes.

Toua Udia, 22, is alleged to have touched the man in a Tesco toilets less than a kilometre from the athletes village.

He was arrested and charged last Tuesday and has pleased not guilty, claiming it was “a misunderstanding”.

Udia was released on bail after surrendering his passport and was given permission to attend the opening ceremony.

He competed in the 77kg weightlifting category on Sunday, finishing ninth.
by dedja
Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: (Miscellaneous debris)

Jimmy_041 wrote:She should drop the -Young and join her name sake (For Benny: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauline_Hanson)
Mind you, she is probably properly representing all of the 67,000 people that voted for her

I'm sure Ricky Muir is properly representing the 57 people who voted for him too.
by dedja
Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If we're making a list, then Russell Wortley needs to be at the top.
by dedja
Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dangerfield Ouch

He's never seen Jono Brown or Glenn Archer?
by dedja
Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Israel/Hamas Conflict

Until the West stops blindly siding with Israel and treats the situation on its merits this conflict will never end.

Israel defend their right to exist but deny the Palestinians the same.

Israel claims the right to arm and defend themselves but deny the Palestinians the same.

Palestinians are not united and have splinter groups that cannot be managed, Israel act as one.

Israel claim the accept a 2 state solution but keep illegally occupying the West Bank.

Palestinians (Hamas) keep firing rockets into Israel to goad them and the Israelis gladly oblige even though they do little damage.

It's a faarking mess.
by dedja
Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RustyCage wrote:Who cares where the player is from? Clayton, Brown and Leys are three that come to mind from the last twenty years that have been a pleasure to watch who came from Victoria, and are players that Port supporters look back at fondly.

True, but this is about the only legal place to troll in here. ;)
by dedja
Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R15 Glenelg V West @ Gliderol 6.30pm Saturday

LOL, gracious in defeat
by dedja
Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R15 Glenelg V West @ Gliderol 6.30pm Saturday

I wouldn't worry about it, obviously just realising his team is shit and losing to the bottom side has hit a nerve.

Many thanks to Ironbank for releasing Clint to play.
by dedja
Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R15 North v Norwood @ Prospect Saturday

and I'd rather not be bottom and nearly broke :oops:
by dedja
Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2014

woop, woop ... stats nerd alert
by dedja
Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Magpiespower wrote:Blackouts.

Three in the last week.

Tonight's lasted almost four hours...

Put in a request to a mod to change your name to Magpies
by dedja
Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Other International Cricket

LOL, you'd think someone would have checked that the gap was smaller that the ball.

Couldn't have happened to a better dickhead.
by dedja
Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

I personally just cannot see how the EFC could take Hird back with open arms next season, caused way to much drama for one football club over a 12 to 24 month period. Lost a lot of respect for a bloke i once held in high regard.

How? He oversaw, as senior coach, a project of injections that numerous other AFL and NRL clubs undertook. They were investigated and 'found out'. He, on behalf of the club and players, whether coerced or threatened, took full responsibility. The longer this has gone on, the more respect I have gained for him, as when the fallout occurred I lost a lot!
What's his other option? Resign and walk away in a time where the club needs him. Everyone would have jumped down his throat then calling him gutless and a coward! Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I blame the media heavily for this commotion.

He took full responsibility LMAO.

regards,

REB

Yes, Hird is the victim ... LOL
by dedja
Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 21 General Chat and Dribble

Winners are grinners ... :lol:
by dedja
Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 17 Norwood v Port

Wouldn't the Bob McLean cup have been more appropriate?
by dedja
Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R 17 Central v Glenelg

What is good to see is Roy turning things around when a few had written him off earlier in the year.

The man deserved more respect and good on him for shoving it up a few doubters.
by dedja
Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of minor round ladder.

And beat Port in the first final, that would be hilarious ...
by dedja
Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg's Ty Allen to Retire

Sadly his body has let him down for a while now.

In his prime, the heart and soul of the club, and should be very proud of his achievements .
by dedja
Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Selective quoting doesn't help your argument.

Paul is a friend of mine, as CEO of Campbelltown Council, he is a very competent executive, and also an extremely passionate SANFL supporter.

He doesn't have the time to be a President but does it to ensure his beloved Redlegs are around for many more years to come.

They are very strong on and off the field, so you'd think that they're doing something right.

Instead of whinging and moaning behind a keyboard, how about getting off YOUR arse and doing something about the situation if you're supposedly so passionate about the SANFL.

I bet you haven't even turned up to a game all year or put a cent into the club. You only have an AFL club recorded on your profile, so you obviously don't care about the SANFL.
by dedja
Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 22 - Possibilities and Probabilities.

Mick Malthouse, you are the weakest link ... goodbye
by dedja
Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Passion for SANFL Football is Gone !!

Got home completely legless at 3:30am after being at the club all night ... nope, the passion is still there.
by dedja
Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I love google ...

by dedja
Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - Glenelg v Port Magpies @ Gliderol (Sat 23/8)

@Booney

Money is tad tight at the moment so we just get the same one out of the drawer each year.
by dedja
Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Financial Status Of SANFL Clubs 2014.

Yes, reasonable points on the face of it but you'll find that there has been a turnaround.

The Annual Report will reveal all.
by dedja
Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I know the true position of the financials at the club so I know you have no idea what you're talking about.
by dedja
Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

It's all Mick's fault for not boofing her 20 years ago ...
by dedja
Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL crowd numbers

Well those 'bandwagoners' must have dropped off because there were about 3 Crows supporters at the last match at the Bay.
by dedja
Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is like the good old days ... :lol:
by dedja
Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spot on Dutchy, maybe he's assuming every club is a salary cap cheat.

I know of one club that has never breached the salary cap. :lol:
by dedja
Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live Scores - Week 1 2014 Finals

Congrats South, Eagles gone ... even the umps couldn't save you.
by dedja
Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Krispy Kreme opening - yada, yada, yada.

Except his Dad set it all up.
by dedja
Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The key for all clubs is how to be sustainable in the long term. That's really difficult for all at the moment.

If the SANFL handles Footy Park well, then we have a chance. It is supposed to managed as a type of future fund for the clubs, but the SANFL has over $30m in debt so this will need to be serviced ASAP, and enough left to create the fund.

The other tragedy is, as correctly stated earlier, all clubs rely on pokies and would quickly die without that revenue. I personally think this is a very sad situation but I don't have an answer on how to replace that revenue.

In addition to above, most clubs can't really cut costs any further so the answer has to be increased revenue and payment of any debt.

Whilst the Bays will not lurch further into the abyss this year, they have significant debt which will need to be addressed sooner rather than later. Breaking even will not pay off debt.

I think this was one of the reasons for the inclusion of the AFL teams, the promise of increased exposure to the league from the channel 7 TV coverage, and an assumption of increased sponsorship. The jury is well and truly out on that one.
by dedja
Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cennals, can you please edit your post so you don't quote the link? Seems like benny has been a naughty boy and links like this aren't allowed. I should have known better, I have edited my post but it is still contained in your link

Cennals, I'm absolutely disgusted that you would post such a link ... :lol:
by dedja
Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |