Search found 266 matches

Return

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Nichdanmatt wrote:at least the ridiculous money you have spent will have been worth it boosh.

thats quite amusing..but im always a sucker for some comedic irony..
by zedman
Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Finally crossed paths with the "Hidden one" Zedman on Saturday and caught up with Ranks and the Gruber brothers. Good people. Paul ( I think that was his name) the Bgrade coach seems like a good bloke too. Cheers for the carton after the game too that will be something that will be returned by our club later in the season.

your ressies team had our boys chasing you for quite a while before getting ahead so full credit to you and the club with the direction you are heading with them..catch up in 8 weeks..
by zedman
Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Footy Chick wrote:200 games for Q this weekend!

Kept that quiet!

Congratulations :D

well done old boy!

by zedman
Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anzac Day

Arch44 wrote:This is has turned in to by far the shittest thread I have seen on here.

by zedman
Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Forgot how cool it was too play on ANZAC day. Luckily the weather stayed away & it got a bit warmer than it was at the dawn service!

A heavy breeze meant that one end was favoured for scoring and the game was played in good spirits.

Things I learned, round 3.

1. Central United football club are definitely on the right track in regards to turning around past perceptions. A good bunch of kids with some solid leaders who aren't that far off the pace. They will develop into a handy team if they can stay together.
2. Division 6 is a tight affair in 2015. No real standouts or bottom teams like last season.
3. Tails never fails.

"heads i win..tails you lose"..never fails.. ;)
by zedman
Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Elite League 2015

darksiders: 2242
by zedman
Mon May 04, 2015 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

norm11 wrote:
morell wrote:Don't tell me they're playing B Grade :|

Both with sanfl experience should be handy in the magoos

they can pick off the the slow and injured parkies like a tiger scouting around for a slow wildebeest! :)
by zedman
Thu May 07, 2015 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:I need to know.. are you allowed to buy properties on the first lap of the board or do you need to complete one full lap first? Reckon this rule caused more punch ups than anything back in the day :lol:

cant buy on first lap mate! :)
by zedman
Mon May 11, 2015 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

so where will webber end up? seems like he must be gone..

I have heard PHFC might be making a play..

maybe back to EFC which was a contender earlier in the year? anyone else in the market for a chf??

Back to Elizabeth from all reports, much needed ATM with a number of key position players out.

would be a good replacement for payneys LTI..

our game versus CUFC had its moments and the end result probably doesnt do justice to the efforts the units gave..really made us work hard..have some good taller players like porter, frith, fenwick and clausen but just lacking those quality midfielders..

the B grade and our officials all enjoyed the spread put on by the CUFC committee at half time of the A grade..well played!
by zedman
Mon May 11, 2015 2:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best and worst grounds.

Lightning McQueen wrote:I've never played at Glenunga when it hasn't p!ssed down.

a permanent cloud sits over that oval..
by zedman
Tue May 12, 2015 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best and worst grounds.

Based on visitor changerooms
Best
blackfriars oval, whilst horrible, does have great visitor facilities...
Their 'home' change rooms are extremely good, but never was a fan of the visiors rooms with the bench/rack whatever you call it in the middle of the room

the rack is there to dry out the B grade jumpers..dont touch the door handles in there either..
by zedman
Tue May 12, 2015 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote:2 things I need to point out. McKinnon didn't play last week and Cooper doesn't play half back.

he may not get selected at HBF but he still ends up there a lot of the time! :)
by zedman
Fri May 22, 2015 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 Discussion

Q. wrote:You can have any mid, besides Pendles and Fyfe, who do you take?

armitage..
by zedman
Fri May 22, 2015 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:Wonder if Smithfield know Abdulla has gone back to Central United :shock: :lol:

kennedy didnt play last round..fair effort from the bar i reckon.. ;)
by zedman
Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Building quite the competitive D5 side there sir.. ;)

just trying to bring lost and wandering demons back home mate..2015 is all we are focused on..improving on the 6th in 2014 and playing finals..make sure you come see me saturday after the games and i can buy you a drink wise one.. :)

Zed is facing a spicy session prior to stumps, but you can't tempt him into playing a shot

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2002/20021227/sp3.jpg
by zedman
Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Inallseriousness wrote:Looking forward to tomorrow Zedman...will catch up with you after the game!

yes for sure mate..sun will be out and the ground is in great condition so it should be a good game..was a bit cold and wet round 2! :)
by zedman
Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think mid way during the third quarter, result decided, both coaches probably would've walked up to each other & said "let's go have a beer".

http://thememesfactory.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/1235462_10151603392301681_1027968550_n1.jpg

that MDO top matched your hair mate.. ;)
by zedman
Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

thanks to the BLFC for being great hosts yesterday..it was a strange day and both games had very little atmosphere as i think the shock of the previous day was still being digested by both clubs..the games were played in good spirit and well umpired in the A grade by some higher division "men in white"..

in both grades a minutes silence was observed at the start of the game and at the end the players, coaches and umpires formed a circle as seen in the hawthorn versus collingwood game friday night which became a very moving and popular way to show respect to phil walsh..

a big game against SFC this weekend and really looking forward to the challenge of taking on a team who haven't lost for nearly 2 years!

http://oi59.tinypic.com/2nvdy1i.jpg
by zedman
Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

human_torpedo wrote:The cold snap is the perfect time to play at Mawsons, who have no electricity at the ground tomorrow, hence no hot showers..

#3 is vital.

:)
by zedman
Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cougar wrote:Arch44 this did happen. HFL gave Gumeracha a second chance to put down what he really kicked, and Dylan 'The Mish' Bingos from Kersbook was awarded his Goal Kicking Trophy. Ashby second

by zedman
Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

big thumbs up for the elevated coaches boxes at FFC..granted its needed but it was great to get a slightly better view of the game than normal..they made us work really hard for the win and have some handy players in good form..they wont be a pushover for anybody for the rest of the season i reckon..

looking forward to the bye and watching the big game at fawk reserve this week..hawks in top form and so are the panthers so it should be a beauty..
by zedman
Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congrats to Central United favourite FUIC drinking member Nathan Fatwick on the birth of his son Noah :-BD

I'm gutted.. I was sure he was going to call his son Jimmy Barnes Fenwick :(

Anyway the big fella to kick 6 this week and lead the Units to a heroic victory.

at least if hes drinking he aint talking.. 8) #lovesachat
by zedman
Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Riddler wrote:
Q. wrote:
morell wrote:I hope the rumour about their coach being sacked isn't true as well. :?

It's true, as far as that's what I was told on Saturday.

Who was their coach?

You saying St Paul's have sacked their coach? Weren't they flying along not that long ago?

wb big fella!
by zedman
Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So the Ingle Farm coach saves his job with a big win this week. Congrats Phil Manuel.

I also have some intel on the Lockleys coaching succession plan and I am not Con -ning you. :D

fastest man over 100 metres in the state for his age..and the buttocks to prove it!

Be nice if you got the name right wristwatcher :oops: and zedman...that's quite disturbing :roll:

he has booty like a male serena williams! :shock: 8)
by zedman
Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:that's not a recent photo, surely?

PS: Is that a chick in the background? :shock:

it is difficult to tell..is that kenny from south park loitering at the back?
by zedman
Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:There's no Lockleys players in the team at least , so that's a start :lol:

hes done well this time..i warned the boys about not playing to well on the bye round and they heeded my words..

mind you..m lane didnt play at least half the game maybe 3/4's of it but i digress..good work zartan.. :)
by zedman
Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

still in shock at the wcfc v iffc scoreline..what the hell happened?

thanks to dave and his boys for a great hit out on saturday..lakers match up well against us and they worked hard for 4 quarters and showed great fight and heart..i think they will be a a strong team next year if they can add to what they have got..definite improvers in the second half of the season..also the deck was in pristine condition..well done..
by zedman
Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

division 6 B grade coaches..good blokes and some very good coaches among them..
by zedman
Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's your clubs awards?

our emphasis this year was on putting money into awards rather than player payments..
BOG gets $200, 2nd gets $100 and 3rd gets $50 etc etc..
by zedman
Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

enjoyed catching up with the human torpedo on saturday..loves a drink and chat..we had to kick him out at 6.30 before he started taking notes on our best players.. :)

as the minor round ends i would like to thank all the clubs for their hospitality at away games..something they should be very proud of..now only 5 teams remain..very much looking forward to the finals this week..
by zedman
Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If stats are anything to go by, should be a close match between Ingle Farm and Lockleys Saturday..

Average scores over the past two years when these two have clashed have been Lockleys (63.4) / Ingle Farm (62.8).
Ingle Farm lead head to head count 3-2 and average winning margin is around 2 goals.

Only once in the past two years has either side scored more than 12 goals in the match (Lockleys Rd 18 2014), and the side who has managed to kick 9 goals in the match has won every encounter :shock:

interesting stats that 15mm of rain on friday might make completely irrelevant! ;) the race to 9 goals will be on!
by zedman
Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I see Carl Mickan played for Lockleys on weekend. Is he eligible to play finals? Massive inclusion for Lockleys if he is available.

yes he is eligible senor..

arch44: 2 things are certain in life..the sun rises each morning and the grubers can be found under the verandah at lockleys having a few cans on a saturday..
by zedman
Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:So as the higher ranking side, and technically "home" team.. does that mean Ingle Farm 'B' Grade get to use the "home" change rooms and interchange at Lockleys Saturday? 8)

NFI!

you get to wear your green shorts mate..just dont warm up at "our" end kthx.. :)
by zedman
Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

i think your right wristy..no disrespect was intended from ian..

congrats to zartan and his lads..good game to watch and was of a very decent standard..zartan is a very meticulous coach and gets every bit he can out of his players..they will be a good chance to win again this week i reckon..

A grade game was a cracker..dallas and his boys made a late rush at us kicking 4 goals in the last 6 minutes and nearly snatched it..it was an excellent spectacle with a very large crowd watching on and i think it will benefit both teams having the tough hit out after some easy wins in the minor round..onward to panther park now..
by zedman
Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

very proud of our lads saturday..was a tight contest for a half but then we managed to break free and get some scoreboard pressure going..smithfield can regroup and get another chance this week versus the speedy hawks..both teams have quality all over the ground and some players capable of tearing games apart..will be quite a game i reckon..

well done to the human torpedo..we rated his team as the best in the reserves during the year and they book their GF appearance now..and old mate zartan continues to get the job done..he has his group flying right now..congratulations..

#LoveIn
by zedman
Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

hi morell..

i am impressed with your ability to know everything about every clubs player payments and budgets in 2015..thats quite a skill..

your semi professional club should be well suited to div 6 next year:

B*** D******: 100% of all profits raised will be given to the Mitchell Park Football Club and this will be at their discretion to use the funds as they see fit. The only recommendation we have made (and hope will be taken on board) is for funds to be used to entice new senior players and enhance the great work done with the juniors.

good luck this week to MPFC and HDFC..i would like to see chris bradford and yankman get a flag but also i think Q and his club are due for one..somebody will miss out..

bye morell..
by zedman
Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: lower grade association medals

SAAFL medals are decided by the SAAFL representatives..the umpires..its that simple..nothing is perfect..

in regards to the count, i havent been for 2 years..mr beefy was on the money..
by zedman
Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

best of luck to zartan tomorrow..has done a great job with his group and they might get the points this week..

in the later game we hope to see both teams smash the absolute suitcase out of each other which is often the way in preliminary finals.. 8)
by zedman
Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

congratulations to the SFC..an awesome 2 years going back to back..such a huge turn around from 3 years ago and their entire club should be very proud of what they are creating..we thought we may have the legs in the last quarter but it wasnt to be..the experience of the smithfield lads shone through when needed most..our guys were cooked but gave their all..the game did have a lot of turnovers from both sides but i think that was the nerves and heat playing its role..both teams were also inaccurate at times including #5 from SFC who missed some sitters in front of goal..our 3.8 third quarter really needed to be 8.3 as we used up a lot of energy creating inside 50's..chances must be taken when given..we will lick our wounds and regroup to continue our rivalry with SFC and to meet all the "new" teams in division 5..

thumbs up to HT who is destined to be a very good A grade coach one day..he enjoyed a very relaxing GF win as the TOS boys didnt give the farmers a sniff all day..well done benny!

commiserations to zartan who like myself felt the sting of losing but you did some incredible things with your group this year and perhaps the win in the preliminary took to much out of them?

carey: you were right mate..it was SFC all the way but not the length of the straight, we did make them work for it a bit.. :)

morell: good perception..twig was a huge factor in the second half and we didnt have anyone to go with his size and speed as we ran out of gas..he is a very dangerous player when "on" and a very accurate kick at goal but i thought garner was the best over the 4 quarters..

so thats it for another year..i have really enjoyed the comraderie between the coaches in this grade, its been fantastic, but i wont miss all the drives out main north road every second week!

whilst they are not in this grade i think the incredible turn around at MPFC and KFC to go from being on their knees and then to get flags within 12 months are the best stories to come out of the saafl in 2015..well done to those clubs..
by zedman
Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry I didn't mean any offence or disrespect to the lower divisions, the skills were OK I was more surprised about the lack of intensity in the contest for a GF, maybe contributed by the wide oval, fitness levels and heat, but neither team really took the opportunity to take the tackling and pressure to a higher level to win the contest. I thought both teams were well coached with the structures and game plan clear to see.

I thought Locks had the opportunities to be 2-3 goals further ahead in the first 1/4 and could have broken the game wide open, to Smithfields credit they kept coming all day and broke Locks down.

Doesn't mean much but SFL top teams would be D2/D3 standard with the bottom teams D5/D6 IMO.

that was the strange outcome in the semi final and GF..both sides were known for their tackling and pressure at the contest but in both those games it was free flowing footy with a lack of stoppages unlike the 2 games we played in the minor round which were much more physical..

i thought we should have been 4-5 goals up at 1/4 time dutchy..we did start very well but the forwards missed some fairly easy conversions..the scoring end tended to be to the south all day..ifs, buts, maybes.. :)
by zedman
Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi all, we'll do our best to send official correspondence through the right channels during the week. But in the mean time i'd just like to say all four clubs were exemplary guests at the PNU footy club today and were very well represented by their coaches, players, members and supporters. I did every job there was today and apart from a very very tiny minority everyone was a pleasure to deal with and I'm beyond impressed with the professionalism and people involved with all four clubs

your letter has been received and posted on one of our FB sites..very much appreciated and unexpected..on behalf of our club we would like to thankyou for hosting..we had no problems whatsoever on the day and we were looked after by the PNU people whenever it was required..you should be proud of the professionalism your club exudes..thanks again..
by zedman
Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://safootballer.com.au/wp-content/u ... dit-23.pdf

much more realistic and correct Div 6 TOTY there..well done to all involved..
by zedman
Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C1 - season 2015

GSFC 12.10 UNI 4.5

well done darth demon!

27th senior flag for the saints i believe..maybe 28 in 5 hours time..
by zedman
Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote:Wont be coaching at WC next season guys. Hoping to get a gig else where, so still may cross paths for a g'day and a chat.
Go you hawkers tomorrow :D

best of luck arch..i think you have been treated a bit harshly..you squeezed all you could out of your group..hope you get another gig mate..
by zedman
Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 1 - 2015

A month or so ago I said some things about Henleys coach Kym Cobb that related to playing.
I would like to apologise unreservedly about the nature of my flippant comment and wish him well for his future.
He is obviously Pi....d with it and rightly so. A lesson to be learned from a Div 7 person to a Div 1 coach.

Apologies again and thanks for the honesty in our conversation Cobby. Maybe I can learn a bit from you in diplomacy.
Weak, stick to ya cheap shots.

The difference between he and you Jetters is that your a tool and he isn't . Welcome to his world in 2016. Hope he pumps the arse out of you're boys. I'll watch with interest. :D

:shock:

http://media.giphy.com/media/2rwx8sselBykU/giphy.gif
by zedman
Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

new thread required for 2016..shut it down! ;)
by zedman
Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Spartan,Looking forward to playing Adelaide Lutheran hey?????you won't say that if its at the parklands in June/July haha

like this game, although it was august..and the oval isnt that big.. :)

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/round_info.cgi?action=MATCH&fixture=124197899&c=1-114-109849-273555-16888661&pool=0
Hahaha yes Zed. What a dreadful game that was on the worst oval in the league. We were just happy to get the 2 points that day.

Just on Lutheran it filled my heart with joy seeing them get relegated, I hate them with a passion, as do many at North Haven. And they probably feel the same about us lol.

Track was good a week later after a day of rolling it flat TDK!
by zedman
Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Zartan wrote:INGLE FARM PRE-SEASON

When: Wednesday, 6 December 2015
Time: 6:00pm
Where: Ingle Farm Football Club

try the 2nd of December mate.. ;)
by zedman
Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Divison 3 2016

Flinders Park would be looking at big turn around. With a smart coach like Kenners i would look for them to be big improvers.

Yes he is a good coach, but he has some holes to fill with Martinello and O'Hara departing

you can add visser to that list..

back to CLG?

http://replygif.net/i/1157.gif
by zedman
Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

[quBrahma didn't struggle was poor management of funds that caused their downfall & sa.

I love you minion master but crap that spews out of your mouth at times astounds me. Brahma refused to match country payments , that's why their players left. Don't confuse them with Westies and Kilburn.

didnt a heap of them go to salisbury west?

imo the rot actually started with the TTG C grade in 2013 being dragged screaming into div 6 and putting up the white flag after 2 games and going to a lower grade..even if it was a clubs C grade not A grade..i said at the time that was setting a very bad precedent but i was howled down..look at what has happened since..

historically clubs have had to endure the pain and i have played and coached in basket case teams so i know exactly how it feels..that was life..now they pick and choose what option they want to ensure they can win games..and you get the farcical salisbury situation..
by zedman
Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |