Search found more than 1455 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

It was only Richmond ffs. Club will be keeping the lid on.
by MW
Mon May 01, 2017 8:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

Haven't been to Adelaide Lutheran then?
You taking the piss?
Absolutely, can't stand the place.

On the same token, I've never played at Glenunga without it pissing down and feeling like I'm working on a Tasmanian farm.

I played for Glenunga about 23 years ago, and am still cleaning mud out of my ears.
by MW
Tue May 02, 2017 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 7

Players not there that played in the Elimination Final;
Harvey 432 games, Firrito 275, Del Santo 322, Petrie 317, Wells 245, Swallow 213 & Thomas 201 - over 2000 games experience.
I reckon we're on the right track.

No substitute for hard work and your boys did that in spades today. Will beat most sides if you bring that each week.
by MW
Sat May 06, 2017 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Look at one of Tredreas latest tweets...the ground surface looks mint and is f..king huge!
by MW
Thu May 11, 2017 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ni Hao Round 8

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Bit of a trend happening with the Crows....more than just an event now.

Losing three in a row is also a trend lol
Certainly been found out in our midfield when sloane is held and you flood our forward line and stream out with pace.
We're not a quick side.
by MW
Sat May 13, 2017 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ni Hao Round 8

When are Crows going to be labelled Flat Track Bullies?
Serious question, what does flat track bully mean. I've never really understood this.

Put in the "downhill skiiers" and "front runners" category.
Basically a side that only wins when things are going right for them and in the right conditions and at their home ground.
Yeah but that pretty much describes every team when they have won a game this year. Obviously when a side wins things have gone right & to plan but when a side loses, things haven't gone right or to plan.

I'll redefine it as a piss poor troll from opposition supporters
by MW
Sun May 14, 2017 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Maybe it's time for the SANFL and Amateur League to merge...
by MW
Tue May 16, 2017 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Country league clubs are much richer than SANFL clubs. The money out there is ridiculous. My father in law used to be a country club president and they have farms set up owned by the club, but run by farmers who support the club. The money they generate from these farms is used to pay the players.

I guess SANFL clubs are trying to do similar with the pokies. Looking at the profit/loss of many clubs, it's not working whatever they are doing.
by MW
Tue May 16, 2017 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe you boycotters should support your SANFL teams.
by MW
Tue May 16, 2017 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It would...as you would be attending the game, not sitting on a forum with the other 50-60 year old men living in a bygone era.
by MW
Tue May 16, 2017 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's only natural for players and spectators to migrate to the biggest competition in the land.

Before Crows came into the AFL, players were already leaving to go to the VFL/AFL because of more money/opportunities/better comp. Only the die hards stayed behind.

As soon as the Crows came in, it gave more players a chance to play in the best comp, and spectators a chance to see games live on the biggest stage. SANFL suffered because of that. Progress.

Port gained the 2nd license, Port players and supporters did the same as the new Crows players and supporters started attending the AFL games instead. Progress.

AFL reserves sides in the SANFL has no impact IMO, it was already going to decline with Crows and Port in the AFL for the reasons mentioned above.

If you wanted the SANFL to stay in it's purity, Crows and Port cannot exist in the AFL and they never should have been allowed. BUT that was never going to happen because SA footy would have been left behind. So SANFL needs to re-evaluate it's place. IMO that is looking more and more likely to be as an amateur competition.
by MW
Tue May 16, 2017 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

I just came back out from a 45 minute meeting, and the pricks here have loaded my desk up with more work.

And everyone was crawling over each other to get to me with their problems because I'd left them to fend for themselves.

LIVE AT THE SCENE
https://media.fromthegrapevine.com/assets/images/2015/9/zombie-wall-0901.jpg.824x0_q71.jpg

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/21/21d2f2194e7eb6925dac5a428cc518d4398b850316887505b740e8bd0e8ffdd2.jpg
by MW
Thu May 18, 2017 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

start off living 2 hours apart and see if you can handle it. worst case, get her to move if it doesn't work out.
by MW
Fri May 19, 2017 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 9 ( Keep it down in the expensive seats )

Responded well after the dogs challenge. Should win from here cats. Impressive as they looked gone
by MW
Fri May 19, 2017 10:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Round 6

JJ finished with 4 goals from 12 touches and 7 marks
Not bad after only 2 touches to the half
What a marvellous effort from a full time player on $650k against a part timer on $20k if they are lucky. And to do it against the worst team in the comp what a star!

You're a very unhappy man aren't you. Must suck to carry around all this angst
by MW
Sat May 20, 2017 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 9 ( Keep it down in the expensive seats )

MW wrote:Anyone else think Richmond will blow this?

LOL
by MW
Sat May 20, 2017 7:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Round 6

JJ finished with 4 goals from 12 touches and 7 marks
Not bad after only 2 touches to the half
by MW
Sat May 20, 2017 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Falling Attendances

So you're protesting by not attending and in turn killing your league. That'll learn em
by MW
Sat May 20, 2017 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2017

They were always going to get up for the new stadium launch, and after losing 3 games.
The key will be if they can back it up after the effort of having 130 tackles against the bulldogs, coming up against a rested Port who are smashing teams
by MW
Mon May 22, 2017 8:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Falling Attendances

Yeah that'll learn them
by MW
Mon May 22, 2017 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: USED CAR PROTECTION

stampy wrote:expensive lesson in life for the 22yr old unfortunately

Use social media to name and shame anyway. Might change their tune
by MW
Tue May 23, 2017 10:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HH3 wrote:I could only dream of working in a company that does "training" and has "assessments" and "appraisals".

This place is a complete shambles.

You say that...
by MW
Fri May 26, 2017 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 10

Havent seen last night so cant comment

Last week the umpiring was confusing both ways...

And then the Dixon debacle, i recall a similar incident involving Hawkins. AS you are Geelong supporter I bet you do.
If that decision had been on Hawkins at that stage of the game the crowd would have torn the stands down and lynched the prick of an umpire who clearly has no feel for the game

Horse shit . "Feel for the game" is the biggest cop out. This rule is quite clear. You are even given a f..king shot clock.
No horse shit about it. Don't give me the crap about rules are rules Every rule is broken in this game very time it is played and they keep changing them No wonder the game never takes any where else

Rules like that are not subjective. Time is time. It's not even in his head, but in big white numerals on the scoreboard!
Stop looking for excuses.
by MW
Fri May 26, 2017 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Who would thunk it a Port and Crows fan arguing over a accommodation....is there anything that gets partisan support???

Our hatred of Geelong ;) :lol:
by MW
Mon May 29, 2017 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Most critiqued post in SA Footy history ffs
by MW
Mon May 29, 2017 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 10

Agree Booney. It's like the deliberate out of bounds...18 players throw their arms in the air every time it goes over the line now.
We are slowly turning into Soccer.
by MW
Wed May 31, 2017 9:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 11

Hawks getting mauled. Not surprising when their heart is at Melbourne and soul is at West Coast
by MW
Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Must admit that I have been quite impressed with the Crows supporters this week. It's been very low key and no outlandish statements. Same can be said about Cats supporters too. Definitely that mutual respect for each other and I'm hoping this is going to be a cracker of a game which I'm sure it will be.

Most understand Geelong at Geelong is a serious task and one we've not been able to conquer for a long time.
by MW
Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jim05 wrote:The flag winner will be either the Giants or Dogs. Can't see anyone else getting it done

I think Port can give it a shake.
by MW
Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NBA

king neptune wrote:Never thought I could so wholeheartedly support a LeBron James led team in the Finals but here we are. Credit to Draymond Green for being such a wanker and Kevin Durant for being an easy ring chasing pathetic worm.

:lol: :roll:
Remind me why LeBron went to Miami please...
by MW
Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Even his missus in the crowd knew he'd get a week.
by MW
Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ben Cousins

Lightning McQueen wrote:
MW wrote:
My cats name is Benson...

Is your dog called Hedges?

:lol:
More of a Winnie Blue kind of guy
by MW
Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: University PHD Project - feel free to have your say

I can't remember the last time I felt uncomfortable walking down the street.
Would I feel comfortable with my wife and daughters walk down the same street by themselves. No.

Like it or not, they are more likely to be attacked than a 6'2" 88kg male who can('t) defend themselves.
by MW
Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: University PHD Project - feel free to have your say

That's a very simplistic view
by MW
Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

HH3 wrote:When you personally know girls that got into risque' modeling.

My instagram is on fire this morning.

For some reason it's way better when you know them.

One does "glamour shots" and ones a Suicide Girl ;)

pics or GTFO
by MW
Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Getting to the train station to find the platform teeming with crowgans. TrainsAredelayed has not put on any extra carriages to accommodate them. My dreams of a placid commute home are smashed. I sit squashed between human detritus. The smell of cheap cologne permeates the air but not enough to assuage the assault of BO upon my olfactory nerve. The noise-cancelling circuit of my earbuds tries valiantly but cannot excise the high pitched screams of ill-behaved brats whose parents do nothing but stare into the distance, their paltry admonitions unheeded.

The glass of red waiting for me at home shall go down that little bit quicker tonight, and will be followed by several more in rapid succession.

On behalf of all Crows supporters, suck shit
by MW
Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 12

there's the faking robbie we all know
by MW
Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Every free for melb...booooo. every free for coll...Bronx cheers like they've never had a free. Worst supporters in the league
by MW
Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Corona Man wrote:Quiet day in my workplace tomorrow, 50 odd employees and about 30 of 'em are Collingwood followers....

Are you in jail?
by MW
Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:
MW wrote:Nope... leader is on 74...

Are you in the greatest tipping comp in Australia or what? I'm in 23 (21 online) lots of tips and only one is the leader over 70! (71) at my local, the Waterloo.

Sportsbet. 72,000 tippers!
by MW
Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best Supporter Group to hang sh&t on

I think this thread has it's answer
by MW
Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Working with predominantly women.

You say hello in the morning, you get ignored.
You say nothing, you cop attitude or get your ear rattled off.

Just said to a chick "If you don't want me to greet you in the morning, just tell me now and I wont anymore"
"You know I'm not a morning person" Her reply was.
"Morning person?, You're not even an afternoon person" I came back with.

I got a coffee made out of it.

I ******* hate "I'm not a morning person". **** me, the moment I'm awake, I'm awake, quiz me about anything you like from that moment on.

"I'm not a morning person" - Well how the **** did you get out of bed, shower, eat breakfast, drive a ******* car to work and still be a dopey git? It's not the fact you're not a "morning person", you're ******* lazy and can't think of anything better as an excuse for being that way.

We've got a bloke in our factory who uses that, I drill him with "So how the **** did you get here this morning, car drive itself?"

I think it's clear that you're not a morning person Booney lol
by MW
Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Thanks but I think I'm busy.........

Takes some time out from trolling the Port fans. We'll be here when you get back.

Even in his prime, Gibbo is a much different proposition one on one rather than having a mate come 3rd man up.
by MW
Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg/West merger?

I played at that ground for a couple of years for Kenilworth. Fittest I've ever been running around on that paddock! No slope at all, not sure what gives you that idea. It is ridiculously big though.
by MW
Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL round 13

The commentary tonight is nothing short of embarrassing
by MW
Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

North are insipid
by MW
Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Protected species. :roll:

Geelong skipper Joel Selwood was offered a $1000 fine for rough conduct on West Coast star Sam Mitchell.

Oh ffs
by MW
Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

Someone please put up the Michael Jackson eating popcorn meme...
by MW
Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Rules Hall of Fame- 2017

I'm not saying you're wrong mate, just curious to know why we don't perceive recent retired players in the same light as longer time retired players.
I guess if they have to keep pumping in 5-6 players per year, the quality eventually diminishes.
by MW
Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can't believe some people's hysteria over Selwood still, he got tripped, stuck his arm out to protect himself like everyone does and landed on the guy who tripped him. If that was a game then there would be 50 games suspensions every game. The only reason he got fined is because so many fools tried to make something out of nothing. Classic tall poppy syndrome.

People can't wait to rip into Joel. They'd all love to have him in their midfield or leading their team in the last quarter of a tight game though. Stay Jelly folks. They've changed the rules because people have bleated but you know what, he gets the frees because he puts his head in places where many players don't have the balls to put their hips. Dead set champ.

regards,

REB

Agree with you REB, but he deliberately struck Mitchell with his elbow. Take off the Geelong blinkers lads for 2 seconds and look again.
by MW
Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |