gazzamagoo wrote:Jessica Mauboy.

She's found a good paddock...
by MW
Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 AFL offseason - trades - draft

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Will Verrall picked up by Melbourne today, little did we know it at the time but the 2018 SFL u15 GF had 3 players now on AFL lists.

Does he have step brothers?

This is a criminally underrated post LM...bravo :lol:
by MW
Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

tipper wrote:schools and dealing with bullying.

they arent any better than when i was in high school are they?

Far worse. When I was at school bullies were suspended or expelled, now they are given titles like ADHD or mental health and looked after better than the victims
by MW
Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

daughter and wife are both a hot mess emotionally. is what it is, but i'm a bloke and push down my feelings :lol:
insurance have been unreal so far, already a builder and sparky here to make it safe, assessors coming next week, and the builder thats here who will likely get the job already talking through what he'll do to fix it with me.
by MW
Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Booney wrote:It's the oceans answer to fritz. :D

How dare you
Fried fritz is one of my favourites
by MW
Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why are there so many driver’s reversing into car parks?

Watched a bloke today reverse park and he ran straight into the back of the car next to him.

It's MUCH easier to reverse in than drive forward in & then it's MUCH easier to leave the park.
With the rear camera it is much easier, I don't do it if it's going to hold someone up nor if I need to chuck the shopping in the hatch.

I do, f*ck people.

That's an important comma location isnt it...
by MW
Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

20 years ago a dude robbed a pharmacy of a few bottles of after shave, I was standing at the entrance of the plaza, and the pharmacist yelled out to me to stop him. I did and pulled him to the ground and pinned him until others helped hold him down.

Bring that situation today, I am stepping aside and holding the door open for him. Too risky for my health. Shops have insurance.
by MW
Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

20 years ago a dude robbed a pharmacy of a few bottles of after shave, I was standing at the entrance of the plaza, and the pharmacist yelled out to me to stop him. I did and pulled him to the ground and pinned him until others helped hold him down.

Bring that situation today, I am stepping aside and holding the door open for him. Too risky for my health. Shops have insurance.

You definitely have to assess the risk before stepping in but why is it any riskier 20 years later?

Because between then and now, I am married, with kids, much older and not as strong as I used to be. Risk is way too high to myself and my family.
by MW
Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hoping for a quick recovery CM
by MW
Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sooo.... what didya get?

Thanks MW,
I might have to give up the netball, too much stress on the old ticker mightn't be any good for me :D :D

I'm a bit concerned though, I had an MRI done recently & the cardio has rung me and asked me to go and visit him tomorrow.
Might need a pacemaker methinks.
We will see.

:lol: yeah leave the netball stress alone mate!
Fingers crossed mate, but from what I hear pacemakers are relatively standard procedures these days. You'll be fine.
by MW
Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW 2022

Booney wrote:Melbourne premiership captain Daisy Pearce announces her retirement from playing in the AFLW.

Before anyone trashes her just consider your daughter, or sister, or Mum being inspired by her and then STFU.

Deserved that flag as much as anyone. Good on her for everything she has done for the AFLW.
by MW
Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Keep at it mate, will get easier especially when you start seeing results
by MW
Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide

Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Don’t underestimate him MW.

Had 21 possessions in one of his 5 games and is a pure athlete. Would still be on the Collingwood list if not for COVID

Not saying he’s a gun but is a very handy pickup and would be cheap

Plus they upgraded to Frampton.

LOL
by MW
Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

Spargo wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:North Melbourne has appointed co-captains - Jy Simpkin and Luke McDonald

ffs

Yep.

Is it really that big of a deal?
If you're 6-5 at the mid point of 2023, you won't even notice
by MW
Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

*grabs popcorn and hitting refresh button*
by MW
Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2023

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:Who is that?

When we were taken over by the Canadians in 2020 we became part of a global group, Miguel ( Mech Engineer ) is here for 6 months on a transfer program from Portugal. He supports Benfica and Port Adelaide. He was told. :D

ah rightio. I thought it was some soccer player haha
by MW
Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

After being employed at the same place for 24 of the past 27 years it looks as though I will be saying goodbye.

I have to make a decision Monday, a very difficult one that has kept me awake all night several times over the past few weeks.

All the best mate, while it is slowing down it's still an employee market out there so still a good time to improve your situation.
by MW
Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Collingwood

Imagine how unlucky you need to be being caught taking drugs the one and only time you have done it...
by MW
Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WEIGHT LOSS + the challenge

Nice work mate.
by MW
Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

never understood people like you who are so blinded by political loyalty
by MW
Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian tour of India 2023

Vamos wrote:
Booney wrote:No work getting done by the SA Footy community now. :lol:

Work after 1.30 on a Friday is for suckers 8)

My work has a policy of no work after 1pm on Friday. Legit.
by MW
Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL media

amber_fluid wrote:
Brodlach wrote:I’m coming out of retirement

You’d struggle to catch Graham let alone Kane ;)

the only Cornes he'll touch is on his feet :lol:
by MW
Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Opening Round - 2023

Watching live, I said "that's 4 weeks" when i saw the hit. I am not worried about Shane getting 3. Its Pickett getting 2 and Buddy getting 1 is the concern.
by MW
Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Round 2

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
MW wrote:Broad sent to the tribunal for the sling tackle on Parnell. 3 weeks you'd expect.

The action is worth 3 plus 2 or 3 more for the outcome. If AFL are serious about outlawing these types of tackles he should get 5 or 6.

I applied the Richmond discount already.
by MW
Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL media

Hey, stop it
by MW
Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jack Crisp being investigated over a leaked video where there are suggestions there is illicit drugs close to him.

Sooner rather than later the AFL is going to have to publicly admit there is drug crisis amongst players in the AFL. Was there in the early 2000's and is still there just like it is in society.

Eventually they won't be able to continue to play everything off as 'isolated' incidents.

Or they can come out and say the illicit drug use amongst 18-35 year old men in Australia is no different to that in the AFL.
by MW
Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interesting change to the narrative when these blokes are getting videos shared of sexist comments or drug use. They are the victims it seems because the video is leaked.

I get privacy and all, but if you are doing the wrong thing like drugs, abusing young girls etc , i could not care less if someone shares your video without your consent.

And of course the norm now on social media is to disable comments on these stories so we only hear the media put their arms around the 'victim' in this case Crisp. Give me a f..king break.
by MW
Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Introducing a third person into our relationship.

Went to the Alberton for Thursday night steak night last night and after ordering and sitting down at our table I noticed an older lady sitting on her own at a table. I said to Mrs Boon if our food and her food comes out at the same time I'll ask her to join us for dinner. Our meals came out, the young lad waiting tables went back into the kitchen and came out with her roast pork. Ingrid accepted my invitation and we all had dinner together.

She came out from Germany 69 years ago to learn English, fell in love with a Bavarian man, had two kids, lived in Alberton, owned and ran the bakery in Sussex St for years. She was a joy to talk too and couldn't have been happier to have been invited to have dinner with us. Her husband passed away late 90's and her adult children, like us all, live their own lives and while she's active at the Austrian club weekly, a book club and several other activities she was thrilled to have some company over dinner.

We've already booked in for dinner on Thursday night next week with her. Felt good to do something good and it didn't cost a thing.

You're a good egg mate.
by MW
Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

:lol: don't worry one shit comment about the Crows will bring him back down :lol:
by MW
Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Eagles2014 wrote:Jonas gets suspended for one match

Port get all the luck
by MW
Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 8

There are no words for the disgrace that is the Close suspension. Maybe it's time to suspend, or at least pay a free against, anyone who tries to break a tackle. After all I believe they do something similar in Rugby Union if a player in a certain circumstance puts his head in a dangerous position that in previous times he would have got a penalty for.

Same with the Van Rooyen one. How can he get two weeks and Fogarty from last week not even get cited?

Great example and ridiculous that the two incidents can be viewed so differently.

Based on outcome not act.
Just look at Pickett and McAdam. Pickett gets two weeks as Smith could play on no problem, and McAdam gets three because his opponent had a 20 minute concussion test.
by MW
Wed May 10, 2023 9:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:Port a bit precious here?

Maybe, but if it's all getting to JHF then they're just supporting their player.

Might be worth pulling up their media mouthpiece then?
by MW
Wed May 10, 2023 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

my 13 year old daughter getting her first goal on the weekend in aussie rules after 17 games. The boundary umpire may or may not have been fist pumping rather than fetching the ball from behind the goals... :lol:
by MW
Mon May 15, 2023 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We decided to go through with the surgery. All went well, ultrasound did not find any other cancer. Going to live a long life as a one eyed cat :D
by MW
Tue May 23, 2023 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Season 2023

Watch the footage. He saw him coming but did nothing to protect himself.
It's like the players are welcoming a hit to draw a free kick. Dumb footy.

So it is on the player with the ball to make sure they don't allow the opposition to concuss them when they have the ball to dispose? I've heard it all now.
by MW
Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry for your loss Valleys. The media race to be first is a disgrace.
by MW
Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 2023

This should be in the sh!ts thread and I should've posted it a couple of years ago when I saw a F***tard wearing one in the crowd at the Adelaide oval

But surely there is a special place in hell reserved for the low-lifes who buy a "baggy green" on Ebay and wear it to test matches.

There's only 466 people who have earned the right to wear that cap.

Seen a couple of crowd shots over the last few days and have dry-retched.

Citizenship should be revoked.

Every other sport in the world supporters wear the team gear, but not with the baggy green for shame :roll: :lol:
Who TF cares. It's not a real one.
by MW
Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Being back on home soil.

Been a busy couple of months with a Bali holiday followed with works trips to Sydney, China (Hangzhou, Shanghai, Guangzhou) and then Middle East (Cairo, Dubai)...feels like i've been living out of a suitcase.
by MW
Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Surely this is a poor attempt at trolling??? This can't be serious.

Not even close to trolling. The Hall of Fame should represent brilliant players, not being a part of an brilliant team. The fact he never was rated highly enough by his own team to win a B&F says it all . If his own club didn't think he was the best player in a given season, how the hell does he make it to the HOF???

Beaten to B&F by Scarlett, Ablett, Selwood, Hawkins, Danger...

The only knock on him for me is he shouldnt be inducted so quickly, but deserves it nonetheless
by MW
Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:RIP Matt :(

disappointing no acknowledgement by the Crows

Not the ideal time for point scoring against other clubs mate
by MW
Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Did Keays shit himself on the MCG?

Probably, but it was just mud on his shorts.

That poor bloke.

Can you imagine the uproar if anyone dared mention a brown skid on a females shorts (or worse)

Actually my daughters club made a decision this year to only wear the home shorts (black) rather than the away shorts (white) this year because of that reason.
by MW
Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As always, the fanatics from each side will defend their side no matter what happens...
The pub test says it was not in the spirit, I didnt like it when it happened. Is it out? Yep. Same applies for Starc not out decision, should have been given out but wasn't.
by MW
Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If Carey was keeping up would he have left the crease?
No?
Why Not?
BECAUSE HE WOULD HAVE BEEN STUMPED.

I have sympathy both ways here.
The fact he kept in the crease, scratched guard, then left leans me towards it being the wrong decision. If he ducked the bouncer, looked around and walked out to pressure a run, then fair game.
by MW
Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If Lyon was bowling, Bairstow wouldn't have gone for a walk.

All this will do is stir up the poms,
expect them to come out all fire and brimstone now,
this next test will be very hard for us to win.

Can't play like you're angry for 5 days. Will work in our favour i reckon. Sure they will have sessions where they get the crowd up and dominate, but over 5 days can't sustain it.
by MW
Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My salt chlorinator automatic timer shat itself last week. Unit is 6.5 years old, well past warranty.
I emailed the company who makes them, asking for a service provider to get it quoted to fix or new one.
Reply back was it was a known issue, and they will fix it under warranty anyway.
Thats what I call customer service!
by MW
Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kahuna wrote:Awesome service! What brand MW?

Waterco. Came around yesterday, was there for 15 minutes and done. Brilliant.
by MW
Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 17

Jim05 wrote:We wasted too many good chances. Should be 4-5 goals up

Your pessimism knows no bounds lol
You own this game and will run out 10 goal winners
by MW
Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cam McCarthy getting done for drink driving .414 :shock:

I'd be dead at that level
FMD - That’s some sip! Carey levels?

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Did he tell the Constable to put a d**k in his a**e?

We have a support group for that, have not seen him attend yet. Will keep an eye out :lol:
by MW
Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dangerous to flirt with form but think Port wouldn’t want to go into finals on a massive winning streak anyway. Seemed a loss they didn’t mind happening and they freshen up some banged up players. One things for sure, Jonas isn’t playing finals.
by MW
Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |