Search found more than 1420 matches

Return

Re: 2022 AFL Season

Not sure where to ask this.

Does the dollars & length of the contract Brodie Grundy is currently on have to stay the same if he moves clubs. Can he agree to a new contract at a different club for less money & length. Eg if his current contract has 5 more years at 1.5 million a year, can he agree to a 3 year 1 million a year contract.

Why on earth would he do that?
by MW
Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 AFL Season

He could only if Collingwood agree to it otherwise he needs to retire. Not sure what would happen or how long he would need to be out of the game to be able to walk to another club though.
by MW
Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 20

Booney wrote:I'm expecting a big day, you've had all year to plan it.

I'm sure your mad monday committee were planning also very early in the year after being 0-5 :lol:
by MW
Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

He was crying in his car because he didn't want to play for Port or crying in his car because he was suffering from mental health issues which he's talked about?
Big difference mate. Be better.
by MW
Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Collingwood hold no rights to black and white stripes. The AFL do.
by MW
Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide 2021

Only one thing left to do, and that's sack Riccutio.
by MW
Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide 2021

When is ricciuto standing down………

Before the AFL finals start

He is one of the most stubborn people going around, no way he will quit.

Test for Silvers now, he needs to grow some balls and sack him and will get some respect back from the footy community :shock:

Olsen can sack him, Silvers is employed by the board.
by MW
Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Bluedemon wrote:Could the league move the final at Houghton this week after seeing the state of that ground from the weekend?

My daughter played there on Sunday... disgraceful conditions. Maybe I am more upset cause I had to f..king boundary umpire :lol:
Made for a cracking scoreline... 1.2 to 0.2
by MW
Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 AFL Predictions

When is the last time a coach was changed after the season ended? Be interesting to see how this plays out, if they are going to do it then with 2 other clubs in the market place you would think they need to act quickly, if I was a Port fan I think its time to respectively part ways with Ken, everyone has an expiry date.

Will the AFL let them do it though?
GWS don't have a coach still, I'd fancy the AFL would see Hinkley as a good fit there given the work he did at Port.

AFL want GWS to not make the GF for the next 10 years?
by MW
Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

This is awesome LM, great to hear mate. In a world full of shit and bad news, I'm loving your story.
by MW
Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide

Pure definition of "don't shoot the messenger"
He's a mouth piece, not a decision maker.
by MW
Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Spargo wrote:Still free travel on public transport going to the footy at Adelaide Oval?

Yep
by MW
Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:
MW wrote:
UK Fan wrote:Great player who I assume will go down as the greatest pick 55 in the draft ever

Darren Jarman says hi :lol:

How the f**k did you pull that one out??!

Doesn't everyone know he was drafted by Melbourne at pick 55 and decided not to go?

I may have googled it...
by MW
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

how'd i know this suggestion would turn into a pissing contest

I guess Port people are fed up of getting our heritage dismissed because we expanded into another comp.

Yet you turn a post about doing the opposite of that into an argument about being dismissed on your heritage. The chip on the shoulder must be heavy.
by MW
Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 23

Wedgie wrote:Geezus, watching this showdown is like watching two 3 year old kids have an MMA battle.

You watch 3 year old kids? Creepy dude.
by MW
Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

:lol: :lol:
Not only was I running it, but one of the tied for 1st place getters so no way in hell i was paying out 4th place as 2nd!
by MW
Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

The lad who came 4th got the shits cause, and I quote "I came second so should get 2nd prize money, you three should split the first place prize money".

I'm guessing you're not employed in the rocket science industry MW.

:lol:
This lad...so he used to get RDOs but refused to take them. When he retired, the company offered to pay him out on them and he refused the payout.
Very strange man.
by MW
Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brad Gotch

Wedgie wrote:Shame. Really rate Gotchy and you could tell West were definitely in their way up.
Might do a Central now and go backwards because of a bad decision.

Backwards from bottom? yeah right...
by MW
Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brad Gotch

Hartlett has coached basically the past 5-6 weeks and that’s when the real improvement came.
Really? Wasn't aware of that, was Gotch sick?
Did some of Gotchy rub off on Hartlett or has he taken things in completely a different direction?

More of a transition IMO

Transition or knives ?

Is it 'knifes' when you lead a team to a 26 game losing streak?
by MW
Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 AFL offseason - trades - draft

No Gold Coast franchise in history has been able to sustain any type of success. It could not be a worst place for a sporting organisation with young men involved.
by MW
Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League- Division 1

marbles wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:i have been reliably informed that there have been 13 ovals ruled out for finals this week

Dont ask me which ovals, i have no idea

so decent ovals are slim pickings

thanks do you know which ovals arent ruled out?

:roll:
by MW
Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Off topic.. but if you get to the end of the season and the B&F is clearly wrong - do you think it's fair to change it?

BnF voting should not be left to parents/ground marshalls, etc. Should always be from the coaching team.

I hate doing it from a parent/ground marshall point of view. I have no idea what the players should or should not be doing and half the time they all play similar so its a guess.
by MW
Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Armchair expert wrote:Didn't check the weather before driving home, 2 hours of passing down rain wasn't fun

How did you do it? With buckets?
by MW
Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

cracka wrote:Tom Mitchell wants out of Hawthorn. What's the chances he ends up with the old coach at North.

When a player ends up at a third club, it sort of tells a story about that player doesn't it.
by MW
Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Week 1 - Finals 2022

Lightning McQueen wrote:
MW wrote:How's old mate Scoop on twitter justifying it cause he's one of the best ever, it was ages ago and it was at a private function...and getting absolutely smashed for it on twitter. What a f..khead.

link?
by MW
Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon

Jim05 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:I’m too good to be interviewed?
Did the same with Carlton last year too apparently. I think he believes he is above it all and just wants someone to practically beg him for the job

To be fair, it would want to be a f..king good offer to leave the cushy media roles he has
by MW
Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

I must admit, I am not much into politics. However, I have always been a Liberal voter but I tell you what, that drongo currently in charge of the Libs at the moment is terrible. If he continues, Mr Malinauskas has no issue losing his position. I'm actually warming to Pete. I wonder if the same thing is happening with other people like me who aren't big on politics regarding their thoughts on this bloke currently in charge of the Libs?

Agree

But note Labor are making Malinauskas the pin up boy for people like you - Mr Popular on every issue

Fancy a politician listening to the people and having policies that people agree with
by MW
Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals - Week 2

Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Joe Daniher an out for personal reason.

His partner has gone into labour.

Not sure how I'd feel about this if I was a Lions supporter. Surely you play??

Personal choice.
Me? I want to be there for the birth of my child. Never get that back again.
by MW
Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

I dip my lid to her, but find it hard to be sad for anyone making it to 96, a great innings that should be celebrated

Like any death it’s sad but she was no better than anyone else.

I'm hearing this a lot today and don't get why it needs to be said.
It's like saying all lives matter, or not all men etc.
She was a massive public figure that will be mourned by more than just her immediate family and friends like you or I would be. Not unusual and will not be reduced because she is "no better than anyone else"
by MW
Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mythical Creature wrote:What about pick 8 and georguadies to West Coast for Rioli and pick 2?

Oh we are laughing LMAO!
by MW
Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon

Armchair expert wrote:Hird has interviewed for the job

This would be one of the most backward steps in a clubs history
by MW
Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals - Week 3

Dutchy wrote:WTF did they mention Selwood just then?

Was ridiculous and random
by MW
Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

It's ok teams, you can get rid of all your experience, bottom out and the AFL will prop you up. What a joke.
by MW
Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 AFL Grand Final Geelong v Sydney

When it comes to the modern day AFL Grand Final we’ve seen some classics, in recent times however that’s not been the case.

West Coast by 5 points over Collingwood in 2018 and Sydney over Hawthorn by 10 points in 2012 the only games post the 2010 draw to be won by under 2 goals, for the last 10 years Grand Finals have been more final than grand but this one shapes up a little differently.

Perennial contenders Geelong, with 7 preliminary finals in the last 10 years up against the Sydney Swans who have bounced back into contention after winning 8 games in 2019 and just 5 in 2020*.

This one has all the hall marks of a classic. Here’s why.

The focus, rightly, for many years has been on and around the contest however modern teams, particularly at the top of the table, have such midfield strength and depth gaining a match winning advantage at the contest can be difficult. You start to lose the contest, you shut things down. So where does the real contest happen and where are scores generated?
On the turnover, that’s where.

There’s nearly twice as many turnovers in a game than there are clearances and the two teams taking to the field on Saturday are as good at scoring from turnovers as any one. In fact, they are the best. Since round 18 Geelong rank #1 and Sydney #2 for points differential from turnovers.
What does that mean? When they get the ball off you nobody is better at turning that into scores.
They also rank #1, Geelong and #3, Sydney, for opposition scores per inside 50.

What does that mean? When you have the ball and get it forward nobody is better at stopping you from scoring.

Shapes up pretty well, doesn’t it?

So how do they do it?

Geelong have the best defensive unit in the game, certainly the best intercept unit and system in the game. If you manage to lock down Stewart, De Koning gets in the way, if you lock him down Kolodjashnij comes across the pack. Henry is always willing and able to impact and in the times of need Stanley or Blicavs will happily roll up the sleeves to drop back and help. Touhy, Bews and Stewart all happy to mop up any mess.

Chris Scott noted some time ago the Cats identified running power as one of their weaknesses, since then Smith has come in from Hawthorn, Holmes covers the other wing like few others and forward, while big man Hawkins had been the target, successfully and for so long, they needed to add variety and the mobility of Cameron has added to the problem that can be Rohan, you now have to cover them both in the air and on the ground.

Throw in Stengle and Close getting up to the wing to allow the wingers to slide back and the Geelong team defense is the best in the game. This defense allows attack, Hawkins and Cameron with 60+ goals and Stengle with 49, numbers rarely seen in the same side. The best offence on the back of the best defence. No wonder they were two games clear on top.

Sydney do things slightly differently, but just as effectively. Up front they are led by Franklin, who after nailing his 1000th goal earlier this year has 52, Heeney right behind him with 48 and the spread gives Hayward 33 and Papley 31. They’ve also got multiple avenues to goal. In the back half the names might not be as big but the job gets done, Geelong’s defense concedes the least amount of points, Sydney’s is next.

Brothers McCartin are as good as any 1-2 aerial duo in the game, slightly loose unit Rampe plays taller and smaller than he actually is while Lloyd and Blakey generate run and carry. When they don’t run and carry they hunt. Rowbottom, Mills, Parker and Heeney all in the top 25 for tackles in the competition. This creates a frenzy around the ball and Sydney love it. They don’t like playing the uncontested game, 11th for uncontested possessions. They want to earn it and they make you earn it.

Into the middle and we’ve got grunt on both sides, Dangerfield, Selwood, Gurthrie, Blicavs, Atkins, Duncan, rotations keep coming. They’ll deal with the pressure Rowbottom, Mills, Parker, Warner and Florent throw at them.
See, it shapes as a classic.

With 15 wins on the trot, a tough win over Collingwood before a free pass over the Lions and without travel has Geelong primed and rightly favorite.
Sydney are 9 on the trot and couldn’t have asked for better preparation than a hard fought 1 point win over Collingwood ( must say, typing two close losses in finals for Collingwood then was a bit of fun ) after knocking out last years premiers in week 1.

A classic awaits.

My gut feel tells me Geelong win, I think their back half has the ability and willingness to hold their shape and make Sydney work harder to score than any side has in the last 10 weeks.
Geelong by 13 points.

Jeez mate can you actually put some thought into it next time?
by MW
Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My point being don't concern yourself with 0.01% of the populations opinion on something everyone loved. Life is too short.
by MW
Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:Jack Graham toured Alberton today.

I'll have him.

Serious question, what does he give you that you don't have in your 22 now? who does he replace?
by MW
Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I thought it was more Graham reading the room and realising he is not going to play much in 2023. Richmond would not need to trade him though I wouldnt have thought if he is contracted? will be an interesting negotiation. Who wants it more.
by MW
Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
tnt wrote:Rory Atkins still on an AFL list in 2023. FMD

Is there any wonder why Gold Coast are a mess? 5 year deal to that potato.

How else do you attract players to GC....unless its either huge coin, or long term contracts.
Just fold them ffs.
by MW
Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good to hear it worked out as a best case scenario, wishing your mum the speediest of recoveries, I'm sure you would've been beside yourself once you got there, I hope your fine mate.

I'm ok. Just trying to get my head around the next 4-8 weeks as she lives alone. I've got a brother and sister so between the three of us we'll be able to look after her.
by MW
Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Armchair expert wrote:
Booney wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Food wankers who cook their "protein" just call it meat you tossers

Not all protein is meat.

True but it still pisses me off

I'm not grilling a steak tonight I'm grilling my "protein"

**** off

I've literally never heard anyone say I'm grilling my protein.
by MW
Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You already know Rd1 fixture in 2023...

Gold Coast v Adelaide
Port v North
Fremantle v Melbourne
Collingwood v Geelong
by MW
Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jack Bowes deal is done. The Gold Coast midfielder has been traded to Geelong, as well as pick No.7, for a future third-round pick

I know they take on the $, but this deal makes a mockery of the AFL. At the very least if they take the $ on, it needs to be as per the old contract, not allowed to spread it out.
by MW
Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Any truth that JHF acted like a bit of a prat at Mad Monday and a few North players confronted him?

That was held back in March mate, nobody will remember.
We all know your mad Monday was before anyone else’s this season after stumbling to 0-5

Lucky I've got the drag on.

Man I am looking forward to these forums in 2023 :lol:
by MW
Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Glad that's over. How manic is this period going to be in 5 years time?

In 5 years time we will be able to accurately judge who did well out of this trade period, impossible to gauge the success now.

In 5 years time hopefully they will have the ability to trade players against their will.

Can't have a half pregnant FA system...needs to be all or nothing. Let the clubs take the risk in trading for a player that might not want to stay.
by MW
Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: St Kilda

Am I the only one who thinks this is a good appointment?
by MW
Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

gazzamagoo wrote:Woman going to Sydney tomorrow morning,
I'm going to Port Vincent for crabbing, fishing, squidding & drinking.
:D

Enjoy mate!
by MW
Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mowed my lawns last Sat morning, it started raining just as I finished so I left the overgrown edges to be done later, yesterday I went out to my car and they were done, Im guessing it was my new neighbour who is a pilot and quite often out doing his lawns on weekdays, we do share a patch of grass which we both mow and look after, but he did my whole front curb! Nice to know there are good people out there, now to find out what beer he likes.

You've got a good one.
The other day my neighbour told me she is installing a hedge between our properties, because she can't stand to look at my yard (then started bawling crying). There is nothing wrong with my yard :lol:
by MW
Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Her yard has been shown in national magazines, on weekender shows, she has special permits to water during restrictions etc. Anything less than that from me and she hates it.
Jesus, is she married?

widow. her house also is like from a 1970's Italian villa. You have to see inside to believe it.
Think wooden board ceilings, burgundy wall paper, gold trim tiling, multi coloured architraves, etc etc
by MW
Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

gazzamagoo wrote:
MW wrote:Nah not a chance

Not even women's netty? :D

A man can change his mind cant he? :lol:
by MW
Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks everyone for the advice.
I don't think it's the school that's the issue, they go to Mercedes although I hear she was bullied by some boys there.
Unfortunately I think it's her home life that is causing it, Mum and Dad arent great together. Almost a rebellion against what is happening at home and her way of protesting it.
She's getting the desired effect I think because it is hurting her mother, and now her brother is doing the same because he doesnt see why he should go and not her.
Ironically they said to her they'll move her to Unley High if she doesnt go and she said she will never go to school if they do that...but she doesnt anyway.
She wants to be a mid wife, and knows full well she needs an education to achieve that. I fear there is something else going on we dont know about.
by MW
Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |