Search found 519 matches

Return

Re: Types of Pre-Season Trainings

I like standing on the bar watching other people train while ostensibly having "committee meetings" of which no records are ever kept nor decisions taken.
by jo172
Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wristwatcher's Leg

If you work for Newscorp you're not the only person at your place of employment that needs a proof reader!

Quite, in Year 7 for English lessons our teacher used to give us grammatical tests. The content of the test was to identify the errors in Advertiser articles.

You felt rather high and mighty until you discover it's being written for a reading age of 8 or something along those lines
by jo172
Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Season 2015/2016

Glen Maxwell Man of the Match :shock: Is this a fricking joke?!

Scores of 62 and 26 in a losing side.. Worrell took 8 wickets including a 5fa, and Mennie took 7 wickets surely they are more deserving?!
Joe Mennie got MOTM dude.
image.png

http://live.cricket.com.au/#/1552/38899

Weird
by jo172
Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Season 2015/2016

locky801 wrote:Although I am old and losing my memory, my recollection is that the Redbacks always do pretty well up to Xmas time, then it's all backwards from there, hopefully a huge change in 2016

Not entirely fair.

Very often they do shit before Christmas too
by jo172
Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 1 2016

Lightning McQueen wrote:
heater31 wrote:
teaoby wrote:Brett Backwell announced last night as PAOCFC's new A-Grade coach

What happened to coaching at Glenelg?

Imagine the sledging in games v Henley

PAOC probably pays more.

And isn't surrounded by decades of melancholy failure like those at Brighton Road.
by jo172
Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I enjoy the cynicism of the Community Football Board/SAAFL getting an Adelaide Uni bloke to be one of their salary cap Commissioners as well. No apprehension of possible bias there whatsoever.

Also, if anyone in the Ammos gets done before the Hills and BLG you'd have some pretty serious questions about the whole thing.
Ammos have a lower cap so some, especially those against it, might push the boundaries to get that "marquee" player.

FWIW I still can't believe the delegates passed a rule where the maximum a bloke playing for Gawler Centrals can earn is $1000, whereas you travel down the road slightly to a Div 1 Club and financial powerhouse in Salisbury North and that same bloke can only earn $400.

Madness for us to be playing under different rules than the BLG, Hills and GSFL.

What variant of the Cap did the SFL implement?
Isnt it 300 max for ammos and 400 for others

Nope, $400 max player, $3000 max total for C9AFL
Other affiliated Leagues $500 max player, $4000 max total, allowed one marquee player at up to $1000 (but all counts under the total of $4000).

Will cause the standard of the C9AFL to decline in my view.
by jo172
Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

Shane Tuck to Westminster?

Seriously?

God help the rest of you then.

That would have been very handy for us in September last year :(

He dominated in div 1, hate to think what he will do in Div 4.

The logical follow through is I would have had use of my left arm for an extra three months at the end of last year. Bastard
by jo172
Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coaching Vacancies 2016

PNU is seeking a C Grade Coach who will work closely with the senior coaching group including Norwood legends Garry McIntosh and Scott Direen
by jo172
Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:Baptism of fire!

Nothing like being promoted and playing last year's Grand Finalists in the first two rounds.
by jo172
Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shattock will go very well for Westminster.
by jo172
Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Club Payments Crackdown

Looks like the Salary cap is having the desired effect for the SAAFL.
Lots of players moving back to city clubs, $400 to stay in the city vs $500 to travel an hour or two, well played SACFL :roll:

This still significantly pisses me off as well. Insanity that the A1 and A7 salary cap is the same.
Why?

Firstly i'm of the view we should have adopted the same salary cap as the rest of the SACFL.

Secondly, D1 is a significantly higher standard than D7, which this season will be primarily populated by C Grade sides. The substantial gulf in quality should be reflected in club's ability to compensate players commensurate with their quality.

In my view the C9AFL should have explored making the D1-D2 salary caps the same as comparable leagues (i.e HFL, BLG, GSFL, RMFL)
by jo172
Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Club Payments Crackdown

This still significantly pisses me off as well. Insanity that the A1 and A7 salary cap is the same.
Why?

Firstly i'm of the view we should have adopted the same salary cap as the rest of the SACFL.

Secondly, D1 is a significantly higher standard than D7, which this season will be primarily populated by C Grade sides. The substantial gulf in quality should be reflected in club's ability to compensate players commensurate with their quality.

In my view the C9AFL should have explored making the D1-D2 salary caps the same as comparable leagues (i.e HFL, BLG, GSFL, RMFL)
I agree with your first point. I think every league and every club should have the same.

I would have no issue with the C9AFL salary cap being the same as the SACFL one. That the strongest objections to this seemed to come from D4-D7 clubs has indicated to me that we should have explored having separate tiered salary caps.

No one is forcing any club to pay 100% of the salary cap so it is up to each club to "compensate players commensurate with their quality".

Except this flies in the face of supply/demand economics. What incentive is there for Salisbury West to only spend a portion of the salary cap commensurate with their relative ability to allow for Salisbury North's significantly higher standard?
by jo172
Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 gradings

With PNU advertising for a D7 coach, looks like we might see a full compliment of teams in D7.

How's this looking:

Adelaide Uni
Central United
Flinders Uni
Golden Grove
North Pines
PAOC
PNU
Salisbury West
St Paul's OS
TTG

Anyone know of team sizes with this comp? there is obviously 4 sides that played in D8/D8R last year and we had the 25 players and filled these spots each week we go back to 21 and lose a heap of players. We had at least 4 or so missing out each week.

Likely 21 D7, 25 D7R apparently.
by jo172
Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Short of someone owing you money I've never understood the desire to hold onto someone who doesn't want to be there
by jo172
Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Apologies if this has already been asked gang but I've only just got round to doing my annual scout through the clearances for all the clubs I'll be playing this year. Do Edwardstown have no clearances in or haven't put them in yet?

Looking forward to a great year and playing at some new ovals. Think i'll tick off:

Eastern Park Hope Valley
Edwardstown
North Haven
Pooraka
Westminster
Salisbury

How Exciting!
Dont know if i would use exciting to describe playing at Eastern Park. Entertaining maybe.

Similarly wouldn't be looking forward to playing at Hope Valley in the middle of July or North Haven ever myself :lol:
Yeah not much fun, about the same as playing at Payneham in August I would imagine

I always forget how sensitive you are x
by jo172
Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Southern Football League (SA) Westminster OS Blesing, Scott Pending 2016-02-18

Westminster slowly assembling a team that would have been mildly competitive in the SANFL if the year was 2007
by jo172
Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 C9AFL Div 7

PAOC with six is more impressive given they've only got the one oval (and my understanding is this year don't even have that at times?)
by jo172
Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sacred Heart OC Westminster OS Tasborski, Craig Pending 2016-03-03

He will kick a goal or two

Holy shit :shock:

Massive get!

That's the same bloke that led SHOC's goal kicking in div 1 for four years yeah?

Someone must've won the lotto at WOSFC! All those fellas wouldn't come cheap.

I don't think it's too presumptuous to announce them as firm favorites for this year.

With some of the blokes they've acquired they'd be bloody competitive in D3!
by jo172
Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rostrevor OC Riverland Football League Thomas, Luke Pending 2016-03-08

Well that was fleeting.
by jo172
Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 2 2016

Some quality late ex-AFL pick-ups in Tim Milera going to Portland and Brad Hartman going to SPOC. Some good talent going to be running around D2!
by jo172
Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They put us in c1's,abit harsh but we are alive and kicking today.

To be fair, you did only have one side for the year (which in my view means the C Grades are an appropriate place to play).

Also, from the outside that year of subsistence has given you the springboard for a pretty bloody admirable resurgence.
by jo172
Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"The Glenelg Football Club wishes to advise that Luke Harder has been released from his playing contract, effective immediately. Harder has failed to meet the club’s off-field standards. The Club will make no further comment on the matter"

Good news for Unley, tad bitchy by the Bays.
by jo172
Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kevin Sheedy @ The Lockleys Football Club 19th of May 20

I raise your ex-Essendon coach with this ex-Essendon coach haha

by jo172
Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

seems most players I talk to at CBC say they want to play B or C Grade,.........but most of them answer the call :-)

I feel like they've won a fair few B and C Grade flags over the last lustrum while their senior side has been progressively relegated.

How high have CBC been?
Div 3 about 2006/7 I think

Played D3 in 2012 at the latest.

Got relegated. Won a C Grade Flag.
by jo172
Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

What is Brett Ancell playing Bs for?
by jo172
Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Still, as The Big Shrek can attest, you're better off getting stung in round 1 rather than halfway through the year!
by jo172
Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All college sides are set up.Div 1 and 2 will be all college sides within 5 years I reckon.heavily weighted against the club sides to stay in the top divs

The salary cap and apps really creates a perfect storm for the Old Collegians sides (particularly given the lack of transparency re school players being zero pointers)
by jo172
Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Would have thought if you were waiting for clarification you'd at least make a phone call.

Its not like John or Tony are hard to get hold of
by jo172
Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Massive wrap for the Unley Footy Club. Classy, no bullshit organisation.

I suspect they're a few players short this year but its very clear that over the next 20 years they're set up to be a force
by jo172
Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Couple good Ins for Dizzies. M Lokan & N McDowell on the clearences

How many games will Matty Lokan be available? Would have thought he'd be more likely to play reserves and teach the developing players.

Would be where you'd get your best value from a bloke in his position in my view.

No point having him play once in every 3 weeks
by jo172
Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For what it's worth every year someone has to come last, someone has to come first. It's hardly a systemic issue. The system might be flawed if Salisbury West were to elect to stay in D7 next year, but failing that it all is what it is.

Think everyone agrees that in an ideal world the League would have exactly 70 Clubs, but failing that if some clubs that potentially have a lot to offer their local communities can get back on their feet, while exposing development groups at some of the stronger clubs to harder competition gives everyone the best of both worlds.

SW is clearly an anomaly considering North Pines, Central United, St Pauls etc. Wouldn't waste energy worrying about it.
by jo172
Fri May 27, 2016 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I dont see how TTG are a big fish in a small pond

C3 is simply all the div 8 clubs of last year

If anything it was maybe a bit silly to not have TTG in c1

Payneham a casual kick n catch cgraders are paying match fees to play against agrade footballers (who some are likely being paid themselves)

PAOC, Unley and Uni doing the same admirably.

PNU is taking its licks this year, have given out the opposite in other years. Would be entirely hypocritical of us to complain . Not focused on being bitter, focused on being better
by jo172
Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Clinch is doing alright. One state guernsey per game played in the C9AFL.
by jo172
Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 state footy

Let's just name all the Full Forwards then?
by jo172
Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by jo172
Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is essentially exactly what people were saying about Edwardstown inD4 9 months ago.

SFL. Meh
by jo172
Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sturtman wrote:
easy TIGA wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
ezydoesitbigfella wrote:Sean Jackson sacked as coach of ROCS?

What's that about?

I blame jo172 :lol:

Post rumours and innuendo here;

They must be on drugs to let a coach as good as Jackson go when they are sitting 4th

I think this was the pertinent post Zartan
by jo172
Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by jo172
Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Eastern Park complaining about another side's strategy of intimidation. In a game played at Eastern Park of all places. Oh lawd.
by jo172
Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Divison 3 2016

Saw I was in D3 and naturally assumed that was Mitcham.

Far out.
by jo172
Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:I have to find 11 players from now until Saturday.

You've got 5 days! That's an average Friday Night/Saturday morning for our D Grade!
by jo172
Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

Danky$$ wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:Would there be a penalty to the club if the player is found guilty of what is alleged in the paper?

Wouldn't of thought so mate. Can't punish a team for one persons actions. First thing to happen at rosewater in years.

Think you'll find the League can and has to more than one club this season.
by jo172
Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Clubs for 2017

I can understand that if you're a club in D4/D5/D6 who this could potentially affect your nose would be a little out of joint.

On the other hand, the introduction of two strong clubs into the League, will, after getting over the anomaly of their introduction, be for the benefit of the League as a whole.
by jo172
Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Drugs, umps and other ammo's news

morell wrote:There needs to be some sort of monumental penalty applied here if the allegations are true. A "life ban" for someone who perhaps only had a couple of seasons left anyway as the only punishment sets a dangerous precedent.

AKA the Alastair Lynch Rule.
by jo172
Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Indeed, if Brighton were to enter in D6/7 we'd have 3-4 years of corrupted competitions rather than one.
by jo172
Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Indeed, if Brighton were to enter in D6/7 we'd have 3-4 years of corrupted competitions rather than one.
My crystal ball reckons they would finish about 2nd in Div 1, let's put whoever's sitting 2nd on the ladder in Div 1 down to Div 2 to accommodate them

But that wouldn't be fair, right?

I would have thought you'd push down 8th first? :roll:

I also suspect the League's process is a bit more scientific than your crystal ball.

If hypothetically Norwood had had enough of the SANFL and wanted to play in the C9AFL i'd suggest putting them in A1 to the detriment of whoever was sitting 8th would be perfectly reasonable?
by jo172
Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So as a D6 Club you'd prefer to be pounded by Brighton and Morphy Parks in 2017 or 18 essentially playing the season for third place?
by jo172
Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think the system works well. Won't be a popular opinion, but to an extent I think there's merit in all clubs starting the season with something like this hanging over their head.

It's honestly not hard to play a game of football without belting blokes. If the sword of Damocles hanging over everyone's head accomplishes that, so much the better.
by jo172
Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Steamboat is much much smarter than that
by jo172
Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All this over a single photo when boys are on the piss when they've just been booted out of the league. The amount of media coverage this has got has been ridiculous. You'd think rosewater are associated with isis how some of you people are carrying on.
If they had any brains they wouldn't post such inflammatory images on social media when the initial incident was cooling down still.

Particularly with senior officials in the photo, particularly 3 days after those senior officials pledged Rosewater would change its ways in 2017.

The only reasonable inference is Rosewater intends to change nothing
by jo172
Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |