Search found 123 matches

Return

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

matt35 wrote:On the other points above, there's a hell of a lot more chance of kids embracing the SANFL if it has some connection to the AFL clubs.

Only a Crowtard could post something so laughably no clue.
by topsywaldron
Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 10 - Port v Eagles- Post game

matt35 wrote:No, there was a Port Adelaide Football club playing as the Magpies, just as there is in 2014. *yawns*

With their own board and independent constitution in 1994.

Keep yawning though, your brain needs all the oxygen it can get.
by topsywaldron
Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live scores

RustyCage wrote:Hardly a surprise with the team we have today.

Best troll of all time.

Play on.
by topsywaldron
Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heard Keith Thomas on 891 on Saturday, he said that 'Port Magpies don't want any advantages in the SANFL as it would diminish any achievements that they earned.' Not sure what he deems to be advantages or not.
He went on to say that Port will be affected next year by losing their juniors and zones. (I'm guessing that he deems this to be enough of a disadvantage to even out the $3m that they are breaking the salary cap by each week and having full time players)
He then went on to say just how important it was for the AFL to get equalisation right to make the comp fair and even for clubs struggling off the field.
So on one hand PAFC don't want any advantages over true SANFL clubs (but are sure as hell willing to take them and argue for them) and quite happy to accept a blatantly unfair competition, yet on the other they're demanding equalisation and fairness in the AFL.
The hypocrisy was laughable as was his stuttering delivery of the nonsense he was trying to push. One can only assume he's smart enough not to believe his own bull$hit.

Coming from a man who sat on a board that approved a lucrative consultancy for one Keith Thomas I'm not sure we can expect much in the way of honesty from him.

Great player mind you.
by topsywaldron
Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SANFL clubs never voted on the rules regarding Port's team, they were presented as a fair accompli by the completely excellent Commission after the yes vote to admit the Crowtards.
by topsywaldron
Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 12 - Sturt v Port - POST GAME Discussion

Have you seen the Magpies over the last decade or so? ;)
by topsywaldron
Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

maxyoz wrote:Finally - someone from our club is showing some fight and aggression.

What a sh*t post.
by topsywaldron
Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - Port v Adelaide @ Alberton Oval (Sat 26/7)

Why bother even commenting on a match played between two AFL teams?

That the SANFL and a few blowhards will point to it as some kind of tick of approval is just laughable.
by topsywaldron
Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R15 Glenelg V West @ Gliderol 6.30pm Saturday

Second Team wrote:I now barrack for anyone that beats Norwood. :shock: :shock: :shock:

So not West then. :D
by topsywaldron
Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:yep I would support them. I would be pissed off no doubt but I don't think chucking in the towel is the appropriate response

Did someone just sound the Superfan horn?

by topsywaldron
Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Increased crowds, coverage on commercial tv, general news reporting, bringing afl only people to the sanfl.

You might argue some of those points but just things I can think of off the top of my head

Pretty sure this is an open and shut case of confirmation bias, whatever that is.

At least two of your self claimed incontrovertible positive points are opinion not fact and the two that are facts do little if anything to help the eight SANFL clubs.

Who, might I remind, actually form the competition not two clubs from another league.
by topsywaldron
Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:
tipper wrote:
stan wrote:Double ton. Well played boys.

its only the double on tapatalk.

on a browser there is twice as many posts per page so we are really only sitting on the single ton ;)

Only 40 pages for me on tapatalk :)

Does tapatalk hide your own posts then?
by topsywaldron
Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R17 scores and dribble

Ravens win would have been much better for Norwood but they are the joke b team of a hated shiteful organisation.

On ya Blues, we salute you.
by topsywaldron
Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 17 Norwood v Port

Ah Mal, making up fictional teams again I see! No such team as "Port reserves". Only the Port Adelaide Football club, playing as the Power in the AFL, and the Magpies in the SANFL. Saying otherwise on every Port related thread won't change the reality.

Denying the sky is blue doesn't make you right either.

The Magpies are Port Power's reserves team, don't really know how you can argue that point.
by topsywaldron
Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Financial Status Of SANFL Clubs 2014.

Booney wrote:A hot shower won't be enough to get rid of this feeling....I agree with you.

Suggesting a cold shower might be higher on your needs list. :D
by topsywaldron
Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

dedja wrote:Yes, your proof is indisputable ... :roll:

My proof is waaaaay bigger than yours.

Play on.
by topsywaldron
Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL crowd numbers

the reserves cheersquad have arrived, excellent news.

So why did people attending games at Norwood Oval decrease this year?

so you cherry pick specific stats and ignore the overall trends? good job

Overall trends my ar*e, you've just picked the stats that back up your tired old argument in an increasingly shrill and desperate troll fest.

I'm merely responding to the post from your reserves loving colleague that 'the only reason SANFL clubs crowds have gone down is 'because of on field performance'.

Norwood finished a game shy of top yet our crowds were down nearly 7% at Norwood Oval games.

Pick that fact out of your no doubt intact cherry pal.
by topsywaldron
Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Point me a post where I've ever denied that!
by topsywaldron
Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

Wasn't it a three year deal commencing with this year anyway?

Maybe seven had the right to pull the plug if this year didn't work? Thankfully an endless stream of games featuring the Power and the Crowz got the SANFL across the line.
by topsywaldron
Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No footy other than the AFL means anything after all.

Wish Williamstown had gone to court with it, is there a fighting fund we can donate to?
by topsywaldron
Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Like those guys need another cross.
by topsywaldron
Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

smac wrote:All we need is someone who's able to nail the bastards to it.

Cirrhosis of the liver will get them all eventually,
by topsywaldron
Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live Scores

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:How good is Kane Mitchell?

superstar in the making!

He's no Cam Hitchcock though.

Good to see Glenelg making plenty of space in their salary cap to make Cam an offer he won't be able to refuse for next year.
by topsywaldron
Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

South and Edddddddddddyyyyyyyyyyyy on fire.

KT and Chris Davies lobbying Phil Gallagher to let them field Alipate in the second half for leadership development in exchange for some 20% discount coupons to The Firm.
by topsywaldron
Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RB wrote:In that case, I expect him to line up straight away after half time.

Getting rubbed down as we speak.

Alipate that is, not Gallagher. That comes later.
by topsywaldron
Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done on a great Some of you need to get over this negativity in this competition. Gets a bit much after 20 rounds. I think it has been a great competition. Sure Port have had a great run with injuries but if they hadn't (say add 7-8 injuries) they would be midfield at best and be long gone by now. Your club voted for it. Suck it up or shut up!

Like most of the pro-reserves flogs who post tediously about their love of the new comp I note with interest you support two teams, an AFL team and an SANFL team. For those who don't have that luxury , for instance I only barrack for Norwood, and who've watched their competition degraded by the introduction of two teams from another league I could understand if they told you to go forth and procreate.
by topsywaldron
Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Leigh Whicker

If he does present the cup on Sunday make sure you show your appreciation of his fine, selfless service to SA football.

Make sure you give him special thanks to him for the AFL reserves teams.

#booleigh
by topsywaldron
Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

Daniel's article is spot on.

Well done.
by topsywaldron
Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

Stranded forever on 36, sad really.
by topsywaldron
Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We know it will survive, the afl can't afford for it not to.

What the people you so glibly dismiss as having nfi want is for the competition to mean something to the wider community.

However not even the tinfoil hat afl tragics like yourself have the effrontery to suggest that Port not being able to select the best 21 players from those available to them in a freaking grand final does anything to enhance the league.
by topsywaldron
Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Time will tell, but those prepping for an SANFL doomsday still have time to fill their bunkers with memories of the 70's and 80's.

No disrespect intended here but this f**king quote sh*ts me to tears.

I'm smart enough to know that the glory days of the SANFL are behind us, we're not going to need to be perched on light poles at Norwood Oval to watch a game anytime soon. Plus they'd probably fall over.

I'm also smart enough, and I'd like to think with a broad enough appreciation of ethics in sport, to want my club to play in a competition that is both fair and relevant. I don't think you can have one without the other. Do the Crows and Port reserves teams make the SANFL fairer or more equitable for the remaining eight clubs? Will they help the SANFL remain a vibrant community based sporting organisation? Rhetorical questions obviously.

I've also said all along that the true damage caused by the introduction of the reserves teams will be felt in five to ten years so despite 38K being a great crowd it answers nothing in my mind.

But to dismiss opponents of the reserves teams as some kind of sepia toned nostalgics is the easy way out for people whose first club is an AFL team.
by topsywaldron
Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There's not a big enough eye rolling emoticon in the world that could better sum up in pictorial form what I thought when I read that a few weeks back.

Laughable.
by topsywaldron
Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

The fees paid by AFL clubs back to the SANFL clubs for drafted players needs to accurately reflect the investment made by that SANFL club on his development. At the moment it is no where near adequate. When that is lifted then the salary cap can be lifted.

Exactly. Tiered payments based on what round they're drafted in, bonus payments for Brownlow finishes, that kind of thing.
by topsywaldron
Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

Even Nick Stevens?

Maybe the majority of pity here should be with the person he assaulted.
by topsywaldron
Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re:

If you thought last year's SANFL comp was screwed with and compromised by the AFL wait until you see this years...
by topsywaldron
Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Re:

Harry the Horse wrote:This won't be a popular viewpoint but I have no sympathy for the SANFL clubs.
They made their beds 18 months ago when they let the Crows and Power walk all over them.
The SANFL is now a reserves competition and is being treated as such by the AFL.

Yep.
by topsywaldron
Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Memberships

Booney = someone's who's never believed in anything strongly enough to take a principled stand.

Pseudo I salute you.
by topsywaldron
Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 free-kick

More whingeing. :D

(but agreed)
by topsywaldron
Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 - Glenelg v Central Fri 7.10

Leave Todd Grima out of this.
by topsywaldron
Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Anyone who thinks either of the reserves teams give a flying f*ck if they win or lose is deluded.
by topsywaldron
Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - Norwood v Port @ Adelaide Oval (Fri N 24/4)

Some of you really need to get over the sooking. It ain't guna change. Right or wrong.

:YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE: well said Carey. Every bloody footy thread hijacked by grown men bitching because things aren't how they want them. Gets very tiresome. Would be nice if we could just talk about the footy

My heart f*cking bleeds for you.

Your club ruins my competition and now you moan about people complaining about it?

Eff off to bigfooty.
by topsywaldron
Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Alienating your core customer base is always a way to move forward after all.
by topsywaldron
Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The six SANFL clubs treating their members like chumps hasn't helped attendance figures either.

If you want your members/ supporters/ customers to eat a sh*t sandwich telling them 'you're eating it whether you like it or not' isn't a way to encourage loyalty.
by topsywaldron
Wed May 13, 2015 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2015 Attendance Comparisons Thread

I was the caller on air at the time he said that, I'm pretty happy the seven second delay wasn't called upon.

What a Crowist flog he is.
by topsywaldron
Wed May 13, 2015 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 9 - Central v Port @ Playford Alive (Sat 6/6)

carey wrote:It's just a broken record every single week. :roll:

Nah, just since the Magpies ceased to exist. So, only a year and a half or so.

You keep up the rage with the confected persecution complex though.
by topsywaldron
Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood vs West at Coopers Stadium Sunday 7th 2:10pm

Lazy question. How many lazy hit outs did lazy Sammy B get to help us lazily win our umpteenth game in a lazy row against West?
by topsywaldron
Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood v Crows 2.10 Saturday

Ignoring the point as always.

One team from one comp playing under one set of conditions playing a team from another comp, albeit the same sport, who have a completely different set of playing conditions and motivations.

A joke game in a joke league. F you Joe.
by topsywaldron
Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Use the ignore button numnuts, I'm going to be bleating about my club being sold out from underneath me for years to come.
by topsywaldron
Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The members voted on that issue.
by topsywaldron
Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |