Search found 123 matches

Return

Re: Norwood v Crows 2.10 Saturday

I can hear the celebrations at West Lakes from here.
by topsywaldron
Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Qualif. Final - Port v West @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 6/9)

In the 3rd quarter of the first game at the southern end a Central supporter got told to move his flag from hanging over the fence. Which he did and then he stepped back over the seats to move to another seat. Security grabbed him and chucked him out. A West supporter then went up to security asking why they were chucking him out as he hadn't done anything wrong. They got him in a headlock and chucked him out too. It was ridiculous and over the top. Neither person had done anything wrong. Other supporters in the crowd then went to the Police to complain about the security but I'm not sure much was done.

Rang Adelaide Oval this morning and reported this, terrible behaviour from the security guard. I was two metres away from it as I'm a wannabe Norwood end to ender.

Don't fancy my chances of anything happening, I was told how much their security 'has to put up with', how a security guard had been assaulted on Saturday and, incorrectly, how verbally threatening the West guy was.

The cops I spoke to said they'd be reviewing the footage, hopefully at least the security guy gets a mouthful from his bosses.
by topsywaldron
Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1st Semi Final - Power Reserves v Centrals

Jim05 wrote:Hopefully with the new rules to be voted in thats the last time we have to see them

Fixed that quote for you Jim.
by topsywaldron
Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

Wedgie wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Who would have thought, Wedgie the voice of reason

Don't know what came over me, sorry to all my fans out there. ;)

Funniest post of the year. Keep 'em coming pal.
by topsywaldron
Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe Sommerton is sick of playing for a zombie club. He's still a shitey little quisling though.

All the other crap about the AFL clubs recruiting this late in the season is laughable. I mean it's not as if the SANFL and most of the clubs see the comp as anything other than a practice comp for the AFL is it?

The clubs gave up the moral right to complain about sh*t like this in 2013.
by topsywaldron
Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

UK Fan wrote:Centrals didn't give up its moral right to complain.

Don't lump us in with your deceitful backstabbing shitful club please.

Stick to picking the world's most meaningless fights with Big Phil and re-read the bit of the post where I said 'most clubs' boyo.
by topsywaldron
Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: financial projections

Lest we forget.

dedja wrote:Glenelg have had a massive turnaround and will get close to breaking even.
by topsywaldron
Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: financial projections

Just thought it was interesting that at the same time Chiggy's all over the media with warnings about how the club may fold, he's also telling the Council that everything's AOK.

Which one is true then?
by topsywaldron
Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Membership numbers

Members are the foundation of all SANFL clubs,’’ SANFL Chief Executive Jake Parkinson said.
‘’The commitment and dedication of SANFL members is core to the health of the clubs

Members are vital until the point where what they want differs to what the SANFL want.

At that point they're troublemakers who 'don't understand the nuances of the situation'.

You can stick your membership up your fundament Parko.
by topsywaldron
Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Sure, the comp is compromised, I agree with that sentiment RB. But it's the supporter's choice to barrack for two teams. People are entitled to their own justifications for whom they support, as I've said before, and if someone wants to back two sides then be my guest.

A conflict of interest was imposed on those SA footy fans from 2014 who supported an SANFL side and the Crows. Most that have kept a flame for the local club can't let the Crows go. To circumvent the very apparent problem of supporting two teams (a point of ridicule for any fan who takes their footy seriously) they have constructed a convenient fiction that they only support the Crows in the AFL, and not the reserves in the SANFL, notwithstanding they're the same club which has a team that competes directly with their SANFL side.

Again, each to their own, but to me it makes no sense. If you love the Crows, then 'show the pride' or whatever and support them 100%. If you love your local club, then get behind them. Don't sit on the fence. Have the bollocks to declare where your allegiance lies.

Rant over (again!).

What about if you've always loved your club, are dead against the AFL reserves but also furious with your club for their role in the Crows and Port reserves teams?

Tricky.
by topsywaldron
Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes, a tough call. If you stay or if you go, either way you've expressed your passion for your club.

Went from a week in/ week out attendee to maybe three or four games a year. Went from a membership spend of about $800 down to $25. Went from going to a lot of shows to none.

More importantly went from being proud of my club to ashamed at the way they'd handled themselves.
by topsywaldron
Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cornes complaint

The saddest thing is I watched an Adelaide Oval security guard actually, like really properly, assault a Central supporter last year in the EF against Norwood last year. That drew about three posts. I was treated like a trouble maker by the SMA when I rang to report it.

Fester mouthing off, no offence intended but hardly an isolated incident, results in four pages and coverage in the Murdoch gutter press.

The world's gone mad.
by topsywaldron
Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:Is this a sign Port will poss off to the VFL?

Proof that the AFL are going to introduce relegation?
by topsywaldron
Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R8: Glenelg v Centrals - Saturday 14 May @ Gliderol S

And it's a bit unfair of Booney taking the piss out Bay supporters, when he knows their's bugger all magpie faithful left for us to laugh at...

This is sadly the case, but didn't we have some fun?

You'll likely never experience it. ;)

I guess their continued existence will have to sustain them then.
by topsywaldron
Tue May 17, 2016 12:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL teams to stay, clubs to receive $250k this year - Ol

Don't get me wrong I still support my club, however it is passive support now, where as it used to involve membership for me and my kids and going to as many home and away games as I could.

Ironically I now follow them via twitter/SANFL app instead of going to games, according to the SANFL that is good for the comp so who am I to argue?

Agreed. Because I love my club to death I've replaced spending 2 or 3K a year on membership, sponsorship, functions and going to every game with watching the odd game on Ch7 and checking Twitter & the app occasionally.
by topsywaldron
Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: West Adelaide Financial Situation

Jimmy_041 wrote:BTW, interest rates are currently cheaper under the Liberals than ever under Labor

Stuffing up the economy has to have some benefits I guess.
by topsywaldron
Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8

gossipgirl wrote:The best post in the SANFL forum in years

You rate yourself so highly I'm pretty surprised it wasn't one of your own posts you said this about.
by topsywaldron
Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Game on...c"mon Kohli what you got?

Hopefully some of Rabada’s bouncers up his nose.
by topsywaldron
Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

F me, you do go on a bit, don't you?
by topsywaldron
Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't need to read yet another Ports were done wrong / persecution complex post to see how long it is.
by topsywaldron
Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood v Centrals Fri 1920

63 points short.
by topsywaldron
Sun May 27, 2018 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

Booney wrote:Where are you Spargo?

I want to come and show you my guernsey.

Fair play to you Booney, to wear a reserves team's jumper shows some commitment. Best of luck with that elusive first premiership for your club today.
by topsywaldron
Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

Port Adelaide - We exist for our reserves team to lose Grand Finals.
by topsywaldron
Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |