Search found 181 matches

Return

Re: Grade Cricket

Prospect lose on first innings. Aggressive declaration from East Torrens and Prospect win outright.

Uni smoke Adelaide outright. Long season brewing for the Buffalos

Big runs for West Torrens and Glenelg in their first innings but only a draw and a loss to show for it respectively

Hopefully Thomas Kelly continues his form and puts himself in the selection frame for the Redbacks
by Tony Clifton
Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is spot on - when Carey plays for Glenelg - he keeps and Damon Kerr (a more than decent 1st Grade keeper/bat) who returned to the club last year plays in the 2s. End of story.
Easier pill to swallow give Carey has played all his grade cricket at Glenelg - and is the Australia short form keeper.. bit harder to accept when a guy chooses to move to another club.

Anyway, mute point, as am bays wrote if the powers that be from above want him to keep, then he keeps.. would be like dropping a midfielder from your A grade and the B grade refusing to start him in the guts.

Didn't Carey start at Southern Districts prior to playing footy?
Yes and no

Very early on he was at Southern Districts but he moved to Glenelg when playing Under 14s as his dad got a coaching gig there
by Tony Clifton
Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

amber_fluid wrote:It’s more like when the crows and power players were spread across the other sanfl teams.
Coaches played these players out of position all the time.

Maybe the Redbacks need a reserves team?

Nothing else seems to be working so why not?

#noredbacksinthesanfl !!!

errr I mean in sacagradecricket
by Tony Clifton
Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer (The Ashes) 2021/22

Apparently Trav is getting the nod over Usman for the No 5 spot

Anything to stop the Strikers from winning I guess, eh selectors? :roll:

:D
by Tony Clifton
Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's the clubs

Games left unfinished

Ladders update automatically but some games are left as match in progress even after they're done
by Tony Clifton
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ladder after Round 5
95 Sturt - surprise packets. Solid team. Spoors a decent recruit and some younger players coming on. Will the Kelly brothers be off to higher honours though?
70 University* - looking ominous, even without Wakim. Winter and Agar a destructive combo
65 West Torrens - strongest top order in the competition when at full strength. If Spencer Johnson stays fit they will be up there
60 Kensington* - there again. Big game vs West Torrens this round

60 Glenelg* - strong team as usual.
60 Tea Tree Gully - look a completely different unit with Page, Worden and Oakley all back. Contenders
60 East Torrens - Dangerous team in all formats. Got their regulars plus Campbell Thompson looks a find (left arm quick)

Sadly I think the teams from here down will be making up the numbers:
40 Port
40 Woodville
30 Prospect
20 Northern Districts*
20 Adelaide*
0 Southern District

*have had the bye

Some big games this round:
Tea Tree Gully vs Glenelg
University vs Sturt
West Torrens vs Kensington

Early days of course but these "8 point games" might be looked back upon as decisive, especially as teams want momentum going into Christmas
by Tony Clifton
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Port winners! Good game

Held on to win by 7 runs or so. ET were cruising with King and Lehmann going well. Wickets tumbled after that
by Tony Clifton
Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 21/22

Usman certainly had an impressive melt about it

I feel for the guy. Imagine being the first ever batsman who feels hard done by
by Tony Clifton
Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Completely abandoned rounds can get played again can't they?

Vaguely recall that happening in the past
by Tony Clifton
Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA

SACA are going back to two day games in their competition from this weekend onwards, so maybe they're not listening to their own advice :D

Do as I say, not as I do?
by Tony Clifton
Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Eagles2014 wrote:Redbacks draw released for rest of season does not clash with finals, so teams that make it should be at full strength which will make it interesting :shock:

What if the Redbacks make the final?

Just kidding :D
by Tony Clifton
Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Aerie wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:Sturt all out 361

West Torrens have 73 overs to chase it down

It's a bit of a road I hear so should be no problem :D

73 or 75 overs? Are they taking an early lunch break and therefore don’t lose the 2 overs?

Right you are

75 overs
by Tony Clifton
Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

Wouldn't it just be an add on to club fees when people register?

Assume there'll be an online registration form that clubs set up.

I can see clubs creating a few "John Smith" type accounts for ring ins to play under without having to go through the whole process. All fun and games until one of them gets reported or injured or something. Or John Smith wins a trophy at the association awards night!
by Tony Clifton
Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Would they be willing to go up to div 1 and be a bottom 2-3 side when things are just starting to look good again........im not so sure..
They might be willing, but as a club it's not fair on them. Grade 3 premiers leap frog others to go to Grade 1 simply because clubs suck at managing themselves.

Why should clubs be forced to make sacrifices or impact their own chances of success each year so other clubs can drop in, out, down or whatever?!

If clubs threaten to leave if they don't get their way - then let them.

If clubs do go down, then heavy restrictions / sanctions should be placed upon them.
If a club chooses to go down a grade it should be granted only with a points penalty for the current season
by Tony Clifton
Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I feel a bit for the clubs themselves

I imagine that it's player driven. "If we're in Division X I'm not going to play" and clubs face an exodus of mates.

It shouldn't be an option. Clubs/players ask because there's a chance the answer is yes. The door has been opened.
by Tony Clifton
Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The dead cricket after a result has been achieved in two day games has long been a point of contention in every competition.

Here's my radical idea to fix it:

As soon as a first innings result has been achieved on Day 2 the first innings is finished.

The remaining overs in the day are split equally between the teams. This becomes a second "mini game" itself with bonus points on offer for winning the second innings mini game.

A traditional outright win only on the table if a first innings result is achieved on Day 1
by Tony Clifton
Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shark_Hunter wrote:Match Centre won't be operational this season from what I've heard - planning to have it back for next season.

Oh no! Six months of Saturday night plans go up in smoke

Might have to rekindle that social life I vaguely remember
by Tony Clifton
Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Play HQ

Opposition put our scores in at stumps yesterday including the dismissals. I go in today to put the batting in the correct order. It adds 2 extra players as 'player', tried to delete them twice, re-arranged the batting order 4 times and it still don't work. It's even deleted the mode of dismissal.

Over it. Big up yours Cricket Australia

Yep it's unusable junk

I knew from just trying to look at amateur league scores that it would stink. Clunky, multiple clicks to do anything.

It's actually worse than the extremely low expectations I had going in
by Tony Clifton
Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2022/2023

Armchair expert wrote:Wes batting ahead of Manenti :?

Nightwatchman :D
by Tony Clifton
Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why wouldn't they play 4 rounds?

That way there's four bye teams and they can play each other at some point

Three rounds including a bye is ridiculous
by Tony Clifton
Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Girls win!

Two balls to spare. Into the final
by Tony Clifton
Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wayne Bradbrook I think
by Tony Clifton
Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good to see Northern Jets win the Under 18s comp
by Tony Clifton
Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA

At the Western Youth Centre Cricket Clubs 61st (60+1 - Covid) anniversary dinner on Saturday night the club inducted 15 Life Members, of which I was lucky enough to be one and 10 people were inducted into the Hall of Fame, a new initiative from the committee and one I fully support.

We have a "Legends Club" for 100 gamers ( I think it should be the 100 club, but that's for another day ), we have Life Membership, there should be a higher honor for the truly elite contributions on and off field and the Hall of Fame is a deserved recognition for those who are worthy of it.

I'll post the full name of inductees a bit later but I can say it was an exceptional night with lots of the old dogs, some of us in the middle and the current crop well represented. Great night had by all.
Great to see clubs doing these things well

Volunteers have their hands full just keeping the weekly stuff rolling and these events are a lot of extra work on top. As a result often anniversaries slip by unrecognised. Credit to WYC's volunteers here for the initiative firstly and for seeing it through.
by Tony Clifton
Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So proud of my lad today.

My lad plays U14's for a district club and we needed about 80 in the last 10 overs when he went in. Personally, I gave us no hope as I'd never seen more than 40 hit in the 10 overs in this grade. Anyway, he scored 38 off 27 to help guide his team to a victory. He hit the biggest six I've seen in this grade, hitting the roof of the nearby shed on the full - which would be at least a 65 meter hit (on a 47/48 meter boundary oval). Two sixes, two fours and unluckily run out off a dropped catch by the bowler 7 runs away from victory. The boys got us home in a thriller with 1 ball to spare.

Well done mate, very proud of your efforts.
How good!

You can't beat experiences like that in sport imho. There's something about cricket, with your team mates on the sidelines riding every bump and cheering every run that's so rewarding. Checking the scores every 5 seconds, drawn out tension, next batter in with butterflies.

Nice to finish the season on a high
by Tony Clifton
Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Some netball associations do that

Send out a list of the players who have qualified for finals for each team

Such a crushing thing for a club. The poor volunteer who made the error would be distraught. A whole year down the tubes and no intent to stack the team with a higher grade player or a jet fill in, which is what the rule is there to prevent

Punishment doesn't fit
by Tony Clifton
Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sad news that Neil Dansie has passed away
Lovely guy
by Tony Clifton
Wed May 24, 2023 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It was ridiculous that Sturt ended up in Division 2. They do everything you want a grade club to do - strong through the grades, lots of home-grown cricketers, strong women's program, strong junior program, produce state players. How could they devise a system to demote that club but reward clubs that went on a recruiting spree?

Could they not have had a more holistic look at club health and performances over time?
by Tony Clifton
Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Play HQ

The Bedge wrote:I hate how online on PlayHQ you can't click on a players name and open up their season stats like you can for footy.

Also having issues with scoring - if day 2 commences, I cant seem to be able to live score on day 2 if I've entered progressive scores day 1.

Every aspect of it is dog shit
by Tony Clifton
Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Two teams up feels like one too many
by Tony Clifton
Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dizzy Gone!

Luke Williams?
by Tony Clifton
Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |