Search found more than 1550 matches

Return

Re: OAKSY Doggies Tips

Currently $1.35 .

This is akin to a LateMAL if ever there was!
by DOC
Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Into $1.28. If not !$1.10 or so will be very surprised.

If it loses I will be even more surprised.
by DOC
Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Can see a bit of dunking coming up.
by DOC
Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

A full ball on the stumps. Who would have thought that would get a wicket.
by DOC
Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thats bad news.

First full race meeting today at Murray Bridge. See what happens.
by DOC
Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

image.jpg
by DOC
Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

Been on the Coopers Sparkling Ale.

Still one of the best, especially with 1 to 2 years in the bottle.
by DOC
Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brett Geeves
@brettygeevz
A domestic number 6 as our opener. A number 4 who averages 16 across his last 17 test innings. AND the worst performed number 6 in the history of the game.
150 is a XMAS MIRACLE!! #AUSvIND

4:19 PM - Dec 28, 2018
by DOC
Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Its probably a time limit as we don't want to keep score do we. There are no losers kids.
by DOC
Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Found them in the oats. Oats gone and no further sign of them.
by DOC
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shima Breeze ran 29.30 last night which is the fastest time I can recall at the track for a SA dog.
by DOC
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Two in at Bendigo today

DUM DIDDEE DUM gets box 1 in r5 i think. The final. Drawn nicely, if he can jump and get air thru the turn, I expect him to be right in the finish

Slingshot Storm from box 5 later in the meeting, down in grade. His last 2 efforts in FFA see him win here, just needs that luck early.

Shepparton?
by DOC
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Could you finish it?
by DOC
Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

This T shirt is for you:

download (1).jpg
by DOC
Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Well you can learn something new everyday. I always thought Adelaide's official temp came from Kent Town.
by DOC
Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2019 SANFL Season

South Adelaide duo Joel Cross and Matt Rose have been appointed co-captains to lead the Panthers in 2019.
Cross retains his leadership position, after skippering the side in 2018 alongside Keegan Brooksby, while Rose, who has previously served as vice-captain, steps up to joint captaincy.

The decision was made by senior coach Jarrad Wright and South Adelaide's key management, following peer voting by the Panthers playing group, and was announced to the players before training on Wednesday night.

Two-time Magarey Medallist Cross has played 156 games and kicked 113 goals for the Panthers, also boasting three Knuckey Cups amongst his lengthy list of career accolades.

Rose joined the Panthers from Port Adelaide Magpies in 2014 and has since played 85 games for the club (135 total SANFL games), earning selection in the SANFL state team in 2018.

Wright explained that following player voting there were two clear nominations for captaincy.

"From the votes it was pretty unanimous that we had two stand out candidates that the players rate highly to lead the club in 2019," said Wright.

"Crossy is following on from a terrific job last year leading the team to a finals position, which we weren't in the year before.

"Meanwhile, Rosey has done a four-year apprenticeship as a leader, been a vice captain and a pretty good servant of the football club.

"He gets his reward for his hard work over the past five years.

"Well done to both boys."

Cross declared he is proud to remain at the helm and help push the Panthers further into the finals.

"It is a great privilege to be able to lead the South Adelaide Football Club into 2019," said Cross.

"Last year we made great strides as a club, introducing a lot of talented young faces into the side and returning to the finals.

"I am looking forward to working alongside Rosey and our other leaders to help push us deeper into September and find that success we are all striving for."

Meanwhile, Rose said he is humbled by the chance to take his leadership to the next level and mentor the young talent coming through the ranks.

"It is a huge honour to captain a club with such rich history," said Rose.

"Going now into my sixth year I've had the opportunity to work and learn a lot from players and coaches to help me as both an individual player and also as a leader.

"I enjoy driving the standards of others both on and off the track and try to build strong relationships with all involved with the club.

"I am really excited about the leadership group we have this year and all the different traits that each individual will bring.

"With some of the players coming through and the experience we still have around the playing group I am really excited about what lies ahead this year."

Jake Summerton will serve as vice-captain, while Alex Cailotto, Anthony Biemans and Ben Heaslip round out this year's leadership group.

2019 South Adelaide Leadership Group
Captains
Joel Cross
Matt Rose

Vice Captain
Jake Summerton

Leadership Group
Alex Cailotto
Anthony Biemans
Ben Heaslip
by DOC
Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As mentioned by Amber(?), those new cheese and vegemite shapes. They are the business.
by DOC
Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Warren Mundine.

What a train wreck. They cannot win the next election with this sort of idiotic decision making.
by DOC
Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

Better to relax, enjoy life and water ski in the day time than to get pent up, , break out and go heavy drinking in the night time.
by DOC
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

There is nothing wrong with vegan and vegetarian food.

It goes beautifully with steak.
by DOC
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2018/2019

Spurs set a new record of 29 games without a draw in the premier league.
by DOC
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WAFC President

Over the phone! You must work for a bank.

He was the Clubs President. Not hard to have called them in to tell them first then announce publicly.
by DOC
Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

To get out of the house, sink a few coldies and catch up with your mates.
by DOC
Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Murray Bridge track. Hearing that many trainers and owners are concerned that it is too hard, dries out quickly due to its exposed position.

Nominations for tomorrow after extending them twice have only reached 60.

Also trainers are resorting to taking there own shade and chairs as the enclosed club area is small, about 2/3rds the size of Gawler.
by DOC
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Perfectly legal and they have an obligation and a duty of care to use them when required.

You are querying I did they need to use them? With MAFS and the BBL on they were probably trying to get back to base to have dibs on the TV.
by DOC
Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

Killjoy.
by DOC
Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

At this stage only 6 races.

The Gawler club/committee must be still wondering what they did to loose Sundays.

For mine, Murray Bridge is Wednesdays (pathways) and perhaps a scattering of other dates. Betting turnover will suffer badly and this affects everyone.
by DOC
Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2019 and proposed rule changes

You would think that besides a Ruckman, almost anyone else taken would not play, so why do it.

A SANFL/WAFL/VFL side losing their ruckman can completely stuff up their season.
by DOC
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Dwayne Russell on SEN says the AFL reserves comp is all go for 2021 and that Adelaide and Port will leave the SANFL.
by DOC
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Mitch Grigg confirms that he will not join an AFL side in any mid season draft.In essence he said that they have had a chance to pick you up, they didn't so why do that to yourself and your club.
by DOC
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Ladder Predictions

West Coast
Richmond
Adelaide
Collingwood
Melbourne
Essendon
Greater Western Sydney
Geelong

Sydney
Hawthorn
Port Adelaide
North Melbourne
Fremantle
Western Bulldogs
Brisbane
St Kilda
Carlton
Gold Coast
by DOC
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where is it?

Corona Man wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Bonneydoon?

Is that even a place? No.

Bonnie Doon as in the Castle is on Lake Eildon in NE Victoria. Ah, The Serenity!
by DOC
Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

I had an "uncle" who was a professional punter and his best advice for me was:

"The fastest way to go broke is to back everyone's tips".
by DOC
Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Vale: Malcolm "Emmy" Jones

Malcolm Jones was an extremely talented full forward who graced the Sturt teams of the mid-sixties when the Double Blues were establishing themselves as the SANFL pacesetters.

After leaving Unley High School, ‘Emmy’ Jones first made a name for himself as an amateur with University during which time (1963) he represented the SAAFL state team. A fortuitous change in the league boundaries in 1962 meant Jones suddenly became a Sturt player and he arrived unannounced one night and asked if he could train with the club.

A consistently accurate shot for goal with the drop punt, Jones debuted on 15th May 1965 in Round Five and soon established himself as Sturt’s full-forward of choice. He kept his spot and played in Sturt’s losing Grand Final team (scoring six goals) later that year. Over the next two seasons he was an integral part of the Sturt line-up and played in the first two premierships in the club’s run of five straight flags (1966-70).

In the 1966 Grand Final, Jones kicked eight goals in the Double Blues famous scorecard of 16-16 (112) to Port Adelaide 8-8 (56). Jones kicked a club record nineteen goals during the 1966 finals series and topped Sturt’s goalkicking in each of his first two seasons but injuries in 1967 saw Malcolm Greenslade (54) head the goals list. However, Jones was back in the goalsquare for the Premiership victory over Port and the end-of-season clash with Carlton which saw Sturt victorious by 41 points (Jones, five goals).

Jones began 1968 in excellent form and was chosen to represent South Australia against Victoria in Melbourne. He wasn’t to know it then but his career was over. A broken leg in the state match ruled him out for the year and he never again played football for Sturt.

Despite the brevity of his career, when Jack Oatey finally retired, after 21 seasons in charge, he named his best Sturt team from the players he had coached. ‘Emmy’ Jones was chosen at full forward ahead of state representatives Malcolm Greenslade (215 games, 607 goals) and Ken Whelan (126 games, 441 goals) who both had far more extensive Sturt careers as the key forward during this time.

Off field, Malcolm Jones was a pioneer of the computer industry in Adelaide working as a software designer and developer (like his Sturt teammate Rick Schoff). In recent years, Jones has suffered from dementia and his death, though sad and shocking, was not entirely unexpected.

1965 – 68 (57 games, 208 goals)
by DOC
Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 SANFL Season

First trial game tomorrow at Alberton. North name a large squad, heat will be an issue.

1or 19 Aidan Tropiano
2 Mackenzie Slee
3 Keenan Ramsey
4 Alex Barns
7 Tanner Smith
14 Maris Olekalns
15Tom Schwarz
17 Mitch Harvey
18 Campbell Combe
19 Lewis Hender
19 Wedgie
20 Jake Wohling
21 Alex Spina
22 Frazer Driscoll
23 Brock Castree
24 Bill Laurie
26 Liam Verity
27 James Schwarz
28Jared Deep
29 Keanu Miller
33 Jordan Harrington
34Lee Minervini
35Chris Barns
38 Max Lower
40 Jack Blair
41 Strato Agorastos
45 Jake Keller
47 Darcy Ginever
48 Dyson Hilder
50 Bailey Coleman-Oakes
51 Mason Neagle
58 Josh Hart
by DOC
Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton

Daisy Thomas has found Nathan Bracken's headband
by DOC
Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2019

More service cuts. Bloody Liberals.
by DOC
Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Brodlach wrote:
carey wrote:Just thought I’d let everyone know now that I’m getting the Quaddie at Flemington tomorrow.

Cheers

I don’t mind sharing it with you

F/F/F/F
by DOC
Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2018-19

The ACB must take a fair bit of responsibility for this debacle
Play nothing but T20s for a few months and then straight back into 4 day cricket with Dukes balls on Green Tops
Not completely absolving the Batsmens lack of ability under these conditions but should we expect anything different?
Australian cricket programming has become a complete and utter debacle all in the name of the $$$$ but its rapidly downgrading the standards at the top level.

Spot on.

THE competition from which our Test team is picked has been relegated to the point that it has a 3 month break to allow for fundraising. They are totally to blame.
by DOC
Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

South picked McLean up as a key forward to replace Krueger?

Did they do their homework? It would appear not.

In 2017 he kicked 14 goals from 16 games TAC Cup

In 2018 he kicked 9 goals from 13 games. VFL

Given the SANFL prides itself on being a better comp it would appear unlikely he was going to set the world on fire in the SANFL given his history.

Hasn't Sydney have picked him up to replace a defender?

I would imagine he will spend his time running around the NEAFL.

As an aside it does not worry South when they pick a lad out of local during the year or not let them play during bye rounds at local level, they have no concern for the local league club.

Similarly local clubs give no care to other local clubs if they can recruit a player during the season to boost their playing stocks.

Has gone on forever and will continue to go on forever more.

So South picked a dud but they lost him to an AFL club? So if South didn't do their homework what did Sydney do?

South take players from local leagues mid season? League players?

I agree he will be in their reserves.
by DOC
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

woodublieve12 wrote:
DOC wrote:Pete Evans. Anti vaxxer now as well.

anti vaxxer's are a special breed of stupid

It is pure and simple child abuse.
by DOC
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good luck. Carry your bat!
by DOC
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life,

I understood the original post but can't work out LM's reply.
by DOC
Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 - The new, the old and the who?

carey wrote:Genuine umpire love for Danger

If he could kick.

Journo: Tex, what will it mean to Adelaide with Dangerfield leaving?

Tex: Means we won't have to run to the boundary to get the ball.
by DOC
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2019 season

Love his what?
by DOC
Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sevenhill, Skillogalee, Kilikanoon and Penna Lane all good as well.

MIght have to get a bottle out tonight to enjoy.
by DOC
Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Had a great meal there recently. Great wine cellar with tables.
by DOC
Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

Eddie Betts becomes the sixth Aboriginal footballer to play 300 AFL games. joining, Goodes. O'Loughlin, Wanganeen, Mcleod and Burgoyne.

Five born here in SA and Mcleod in the NT.

Great effort by all of them.
by DOC
Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

From May 2, Greyhound Racing SA (GRSA) will commence a trial of G-SIX racing at Angle Park, Gawler
and Mount Gambier. As the names suggests, G-SIX racing involves six-dog fields being drawn as the
norm for those venues through until the end of July.
The G-SIX form of racing mirrors the traditional approach at English tracks but with the additional
appeal of dogs being more generously spaced at box-rise. In a constantly evolving market, and having
regard for different wagering client needs, this change reflects a willingness by GRSA to challenge
traditional thinking and explore new approaches to the delivery of its racing product.
This innovation is expected to drive a number of immediate benefits for the sport in South Australia:
- Maximising the racing opportunity for trainers and breeders in each of the key TAB-track
regions of South Australia
- Driving up participant returns by the equivalent of more than $1 million annually
- Cleaner racing with less interference
- Scheduling of two weekly meetings at all South Australian TAB venues
How G-SIX racing works:
- Maximum of 6 dogs in each race
- Vacancies in the ‘3’ and ‘6’ alleys
- The 6 dogs will utilise the rug colour which correlates to their box draw – ie red, black/white
stripes, blue, yellow, black, pink
- The two reserves will be numbered 9 and 10 and carry the standard rug colours for reserves
The trial format has been made possible with the assistance of Tabcorp working with GRSA. Tabcorp
General Manager of Wagering, VIC, TAS, SA, NT, Trevor Parkes said: “GRSA is a key partner of TAB and
greyhound racing is an exciting sport within the Australian entertainment landscape. We have
supported the trial of 6 dog races with scheduling on Sky Racing and looking forward to seeing how
participants and punters respond to G-SIX racing.”
GRSA Chairman Grantley Stevens is just one of those expecting big things from the introduction of the
concept. “In this instance, less really does amount to more. The G-SIX initiative will allow us to run
more race meetings and more races on each card. Participants will race for the same stakes, but more
often, and wagering clients will be offered more choice” he observed. “South Australia is a proud
innovator and one which believes in pushing the boundaries as a driver of positive change.”
by DOC
Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

Eddie Betts becomes the sixth Aboriginal footballer to play 300 AFL games. joining, Goodes. O'Loughlin, Wanganeen, Mcleod and Burgoyne.

Five born here in SA and Mcleod in the NT.

Great effort by all of them.
Who do you rate the best out of them all, I would go for McLeod.

Hard to argue about that.

If not him, for consistency, Burgoyne. He is still playing very good football and may play 400.

Always hard to split champions.
by DOC
Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |