Search found 572 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

I saw Ben walking out of Kenilworth prior to the match to head home and knowing the bloke my heart sunk. It would have killed him to walk away from that day but as he said “The club is bigger than me” and that’s Ben for you, he’s a ripping bloke and as passionate as they come.

What Ben did for the Kenilworth FC in the early 2000’s will never be forgotten by those heavily involved at the time. He deserves everything and more from what yesterday delivered.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I only worked the gate mate what would I know?
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just a question!!!! :lol: SFL suits them for other grades of their footy.

After seeing Hackham C grade play in the last few weeks AdFL would be crazy to put them in anything under D6 and they would go very well in D6.

I think you’re severely underestimating the capabilities of some Div 6 clubs. How the heck could you justify putting a club in a higher div next year to start with when they have played in the 3rd tier comp of the SFL.
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2018

marbles wrote:Brighton were only 10 points down 3 quarter time nek minnet spoc kicked plenty.

Fair effort but. Well done bombers

Sacred heart win their 3rd bgrade flag in a row

And old iggies get a flag in the 3rds! Their 1st premiership ever for the whole club?

That’s a bit disrespectful on Old Iggies Marby!
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 AFL Grand Final

As much as you cringe at a couple of those decisions the dead set free’s that were missed right in front of the WCE goals in the 2nd quarter cancel them out for mine. There was a also a 100% holding the pill and then a slingshot for a Collingwood goal. Cancels all that out.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trade + Draft Period 2018

Yeah the poor buggers. Doing it so tough. Repay the club who gave you a chance at a lucrative career and lifestyle and head home after two years if need be. Don't up and leave after one year just because you have three kids and your missus wants to go home. Weak as piss if you ask me.

Yeah I agree.
He had 3 kids prior to going there so he should see it out.
If it wasn’t for Geelong where would he be now?

Probably a premiership player at West Coast.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Historical SAFA info /SAAFL info

That’d be 1991. Kenilworth went on to play Woody South in the Elimination Final @ The Bay. Reckon we went down by 7 goal. I was only very very young.
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2019

Reckon some of you blokes might be underestimating what a top end div 5 side is capable of over the last year or 2, even before that.

EP would have missed the 5 in A’s and B’s even without their little issues. Im comfortable in saying if CBC played EP last year 10 times that CBC would win more times than not. Win this div easily with most of their current side? Unlikely.
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League C grades - 2019

Surely wouldn’t happen. Triple headers are a massive success.
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Geez how good a bowler is Bumrah! Makes the ball dance and makes their bowling attack look 10x better. Without him in their line up creating so much pressure with quality bowling the Indians IMO would find things far tougher. He’s the best bowler in the World right now.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wow, this is very interesting for the rest of the series. There is something going on here that has not happened in Australian home Tests in a long time. The televising media (Foxtel) are far more in tune with the current game compared to the dinosaurs that were on Chanel 9 - Also they are closer to the players and the players are reporting more information to them during the telecast and the commentators are sharing that information.

Kohli’s attempt at being passive aggressive has backfired massively and the Australians are doing exactly what the Saffers did to us and now it’s the media going after India. Kohli may thrive on this approach, but it’s not helping his team mates who are losing focus and the Aussies and the media sucked them in to playing without a spinner. How ******* dumb do you have to be to not take in to account the previous Sheild game where Lyon dominated?

India have just given Australia a massive sniff and they have ****** up bigtime. The media is going to absolutely smash them.
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

90k plus guaranteed on the opening day, do any of you actually think Melbourne we’re going to lose the test match?

It’s all about the $$$$ especially these days.

Melbourne was warned over last years pitch but they were never officially sanctioned - No matter the pitch they were never going to lose a Test after this year. The pitch was disgraceful and the amount of horrible shots both teams played was worse.

The standard of international bowling as a whole has lifted in the las 18 months imo and is the best standard it’s been in a long time. Test batting however is disgraceful.
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018-2019 BBL season

Until the circus is resolved with Sandpapergate then the cricket will suffer including crowds. People are still funny about what happened and the way it was dealt with afterwards was worse.

During the week having Bancroft and Smith speak just makes it worse. Suck it up, get the initial thing off your chest, shut up, cop it on the chin (Eventhough it was a disgraceful length ban) and move on. They don’t need to explain anything further, the team is bigger than them opening their gob.

The ONLY thing imo CA has done right is not throwing out talented young players in the deep end right now. If they fed them to the lions now we would have wrecked the next crop too. Until we get back the full strength team we will be a train wreck more often than not.

P.S- Piss that underachieving, pea hearted, Test Average of 31 Rhodesian batting coach off. Our batting line up resembles his International career. Who in their right mind thinks that hiring a guy who couldn’t hit it off the square as a player against anyone semi-decent is a good idea?
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

Walker needs to go back to being an inside 50 FF like he was until Tippett left. He is a good hit up player and one on one is rarely beaten- He’s lost that ability to be agile around the ground and the game has changed. Soon as it becomes congested or in packs he struggles. The CHF area of the crows is becoming too predictable and needs to be mixed up.

Chase Jones looks a beauty and even though he was quiet last night he still had 4 cracks at the sticks- Even though 1 was handed to him and he stuffed it by kicking it off the synthetic plate.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some great news coming out of Kenilworth with the grand opening of the new social clubrooms scheduled for our home fixture vs Smithfield Rd 3. Having spent some time there over the last week and seeing it’s near completion it is a very impressive set up which no doubt will be very well received by any people visiting Simonds Park this year.

Parts of the new facilities will also be open this weeks round 1 clash vs Trinity O.S also.
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:
Pag wrote:Any reason why BOS v Pulteney is at Thebby this week?

Because we prefer the bigger ground.. and frankly we do whatever the **** we want. 8) :lol:

Also because St Doms is U/A.

Adelaide Crows measuring up the site on Saturday?
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kenilworth by 31 at Hope Valley. Game had some heat in it at times- Happy to take the win. Pulteney next week is another cracker.
Yes it did, that was because the umpires had no idea - both ways. The best team still won, Motlop, Vea Vea and Chesser where way to good for hope Hope Valley. Maybe no Sandery, no Hope Valley. The highlight of the day was catching up with the great man Bradles, still top block to have chat with.

There you go, I was chatting to you with Bradles at times today-Should have put 2 and 2 together as I played against you at Units going back a bit. Sandery was missing for Valleys and Wilson-King for Kenilworth pretty much cancel out each other out I think. Valley played ok, I was thrilled with our blokes ability to remain focused when it became heated. We won today playing a completely different style to the last couple weeks. Great win, hope we can build on it moving forward.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat May 04, 2019 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL week 8 - A round of consummate pertinence.

Port too many fumbles which caused more pressure on their disposals. Cleaner use of the footy in congestion during the majority of the contest from Adelaide was the difference.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun May 12, 2019 1:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Week 9 - Making the rules up as they go along...

As soon as Gawn gets the slightest hit, he goes missing.
He is Soft.

In fairness that game should have been put to bed by 3/4 time. If his team mates had the composure that an AFL player should then we’d be having a different conversation. Some of that ruck work from Gawn for most of the game was magnificent to watch.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat May 18, 2019 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ODI World Cup 2019

Great to see the cricket gods are looking down at Faf and his passive aggressive mates. Hope the Bangas put up 350 and add to what England did to them.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep, a great reputation with food on a Saturday is worth $1000’s of extra revenue to Footy Clubs.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2019

LovesHisFooty wrote:https://dartfi.sh/MWM4i8kiTSk

92 minute mark?

If that’s the incident that caused the damage then that bloke is in a fair bit of strife. Not good at all.
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Part of my regular Saturday night around the grounds from different leagues ;)
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Div 5 Tipping Comp

ROUND 10 LEADERBOARD
63: Bluedemon (8), Bedge (8), carey (10) .
61: v07 (8).
60: beef (7), LK (8).
59: hfoxe (5), LM (6), DJ (6).
56: TDK (7).
53: Armchair (5).

All hail King Carey with a perfect round, in essence, there were 6 points that seemed mere certainties, I'm surprised that more punters didn't cash in on them. Laughing Kookaburra had a nice little shimmy to leapfrog a few competitors, he really has no excuses though following the unblemished Kenilworth.

Fair call LM. With so many key personnel missing over the last 2 weeks for Kenilworth I have gone for smaller winning margins. I have been happily Skinny on a couple of those margins. My poor start in Rd 1 is continuing to haunt me :)
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

Mids yep.

I love them. You can have more drinks and still drive home and be under the limit (importantly).

In order of taste;

James Squire The Constable - 3.4%
Little Creatures - Rogers - 3.8%
Lazy Yak - 3.5%
Coopers - Mild Ale - 3.5%

In order of cheapest to most expensive

Coopers $47 (375ml bottle)
Lazy Yak $48 (330ml bottle)
James Squire $49 (345ml bottle)
Little Creatures $62 (330ml bottle)

James Squires is miles ahead in taste IMO.

Others I've tried;

XXXX Gold - myah, will drink it on tap if it's cheap
Great Northern - ok
Hahn Super Dry 3.5 - terrible, my wife drinks it.
Carlton Mid - ok

Cheers, I'll sample some more.

I have a portable breatho and the missus and I have a deal, if it's her family shindig, I'll drive and vice versa, but now I've found a couple of decent lighter options I don't mind taking a 6 pack as I can be there for 2-3 hours and still register under 0.02, end up winning a couple of points for when we get home too as she would've toppled a bottle of champers or two.

Said it a while back and I’ll say it again. Best mid-strength I’ve had by the length of the Flemington straight is Woolshed Brewery’s River Time Session Ale. On tap it’s one of the best beers I’ve ever had.
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:Currently enjoying a few Cascade Draughts off the tap in Hobart.
Very nice indeed.

Great beer!
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Does the Woolshed do anything poorly though?

We were tempted to camp the houseboat there for 3 days instead of going up to the border and back! :lol:

I had it for the first time Xmas eve this year in one of SA’s greatest front bars in the Renmark Hotel. I thought I’d try it and i couldn’t tell it was mid-strength. The best part was we went back in Xmas morning as they open the doors for a couple hours on the house like all great country pubs do.
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looking forward to the top of the table clash at Simonds Oval this week. It’s our indigenous round which will be a special day especially for the indigenous players, supporters and families involved at Kenilworth. SANFL legend and former Kenilworth A Grade coach Eddie Fry will be performing the Welcome To Country ceremony prior to the game and our indigenous players have designed a guernsey to be worn on the day.

Go the mighty Kookaburras!
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kenilworth too much class today for Hope Valley, got them on the spread and the skill on the wings and from half back was evident.Great day for the club with indigenous round as well.

Last 4-5 weeks has seen at least 5-6 changes a week to the 1’s. Hopefully we start to see a more consistent line up from now.

Loved the effort our indigenous lads went to for the day and Eddie Fry is an outstanding speaker and person. Very proud of our club today!
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 3 - 2019

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t but I thought the pastie had a bit of character about it. A unique feature of the Morphettville Park Footy Club.
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Ashes 2019

Seriously, how good is Steve Smith! I didn’t think we’d get 140 when the 8th went down. We have a huge opportunity tonight to cash in on that effort. Yes, when you win the toss and bat you should make more than 280 however if you get 2-3 down by the time they are on 60-70 then those runs on the board can seem a mile away in a high stakes match. We just need Cummins or Pattinson to light it up for a spell and we can be in a position to at worse draw even after both sides have batted once. When we were 8 for FA that seemed incredibly unlikely. We just have to bowl well!
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Its not swinging as much as now every country is being watched like a hawk when it comes to conditioning the ball. Funny that.....
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It’s not just this series. World wide reverse swing has dried up considerably and balls aren’t dancing anywhere near as much as they were up until 2 years ago.
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Flat 28min Quarters - A Grade

Is there a reason why is it being suggested?.
Main reason being to ease volunteer workload - most time keepers for A grade are long serving members who know and have experience of the time on/off procedure.. trying to get people to be time keepers would be easier with flat quarters. Once people realise what's involved they tend to not be interested anymore.

The time keeper should be watching the reserves and c’s in its entirety either way in case the umpires call for a stop to time. I fail to see why it’s even been bought up. Any reserves player with half a clue runs the clock down when things aren’t going their way and there is many ways to do it. The only way this new rule helps is in assisting teams when they are on the ropes by stopping quarters early when a team gets a decent run on.
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Shoes 2001 for me.

Jones, Charlton, Sincocks, Nylands, Hockley, Widdison, A young Schutz, Finlay (who finished on the bench from memory) That firey bloke with the ponytail whatever his name was, Mal Lee, Jarrod Luke and plenty others. Cant recall if Pilmore was still playing then or not?

I suspect they challenge almost anyone

Jon Dabrow, Marty Clifton, Craig Bosley (I think), Comer (I think)

Can’t forget the big Hibberder @ Full Forward!
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Has that Lockleys bloke come down yet from that grab in the 3rd? One of the biggest marks I’ve seen in a while!
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One of the biggest grabs I’ve ever seen at any level of footy. Doesn’t do it justice being so far away on camera.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was parked behind the Northern goals and from my angle you saw a much more detailed view. He got up on his shoulders and shat himself. From that reaction he springed up, turned sideways and took it one handed. Seriously good mark.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You can change in the scoreboard box and share the room with Norm.
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Langer has built a strong resilience with this team. If they are down, they aren’t down for long. When they strike they are very potent.

Get Carey and Smith in to this line up. Open with Warner and Khawaja. Then drop Paine and Harris.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So what happened to the post all about “The Snake Pit” last week? Seems to have been edited. Gotta be careful going the early crow after Rd 18 when you play the team the next week in the first final. Seen teams bitten on the 2nd week too many times. Well done Zed - Pag bad luck mate.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2019

Danky$$ wrote:CBC aren’t that good. You play 1 on 1 footy with them and they panic. They got no forwards at all and rely on their mids to get it done. They would be that wrapt kilburn didn’t make the finals.

Lol
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tell us what you really thing of Jason Roy Chapelli!
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nice warm day tomorrow with a decent Northerly blowing. - Nothing better than playing finals on a warmer day...

Tips tomorrow;

A’s - Lockleys by 8 points, Kenilworth by 17 points (hopefully).

B’s - Lockleys by 28 points, Salisbury by 21 points.

Best of luck tomorrow to all involved and best of luck to the Salisbury A grade players livers tomorrow with Silly Saturday.
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

I’ve read all this hysteria and commentary on Alleway for Victor. Did someone get badly hurt for LC last Saturday. Hopefully not. Bontempelli hit A GWS player with his elbow in the larynx and fractured it, no answer from MRP. This player will miss finals for GWS. I’m trying to put it into perspective here a little. No one wants to see behind the play incidents and players should be wiped out for this straight away. Can someone tell me please how hurt these LC players are from this apparent thuggery. If not is this a witch hunt? I actually was at the game where Sellar got hurt 10 weeks ago and it was an accident as I saw Alleway put his hands on him while on the ground and call for trainers to come straight away.

Deserves a fair few weeks no matter how you sugar coat it. If there was a serious injury then he should be looking at the double double digits weeks suspended. That sort of shit is nothing short of assault and it’s only luck that it didn’t cause it from being a far more serious issue as the footage clearly shows the intent.
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done to Hope Valley winning by 7 points. Too good today and were outstanding.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Today’s winners;

- Hope Valley in an inspirational performance!
- Pulteney with a huge second half.
- Kenilworth’s bar takings courtesy of the Salisbury A grade.
- The Tonsley Hotel courtesy of the Salisbury A grade kicking on.
- The Uber driver who will get a $110 fare when he picks up the Salisbury A graders who are currently passed out on South Rd in front of Mitzubishisi’s
- Any car detailer who charges $200 to clean up the mess from the Salisbury A graders in that Uber vehicle!
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Love a good Art Bradshaw mention on SAFooty. What a fantastic man he was!
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where's the GF?

Seriously? As if the Salisbury Footy Club would be the decision makers in what games are at their venue. It’s the leagues decision. Use some common sense FFS.

Not a shot at you Bedge
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |