Search found more than 2939 matches

Return

Re: Sheffield Shield Season 2015/2016

SAFE!!! What a knock by White!! Redbacks to host!!
by The Bedge
Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C&CCA Season 2015/16

Congrats Cougar, Rose Park and all the other grand final winners.
by The Bedge
Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

interesting that no one thinks last years D5 leading goal kicker will figure at the top of the list.. ;)

Q to win the medal from Spurr
by The Bedge
Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pick Hefty's Blood Alcohol level sweep

When's the result gonna be announced lol?
by The Bedge
Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

human_torpedo wrote:Its Ingle Farms flag to lose in both grades

You're only as good as your last game CHAMPION ;)
by The Bedge
Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

Q. wrote:From 1960-1968 there was a football club known as Para-Houghton (obviously affiliated with neighbouring Paracombe), but maybe it's time we returned to those golden years with a merger with Para Hills!

And Para-Houghton can compete in D4 too 8)
by The Bedge
Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst excuse for missing a game

Not a game.. But tonight at training heard a cracker for going off the track.. One of the young unfit lads informed me he had to see the trainer and get some ice for his stitch while we were doing some fitness work :lol:
by The Bedge
Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Such clubs with such long history should not be forced to make these decisions on a whim by SACA.
Not that I necessarily agree with the circumstances and outcome, but it's not like this has just happened overnight - everyone knew that the Grade comp was going to be reduced after the findings of the Zadow report... it's been a couple seasons in the making, and to be honest SACA's hand was forced given no club(s) were able to come to an agreement.

Did they get the right clubs? No, I don't think so...
by The Bedge
Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Probably should've been a requirement for Para Hills this year at least - every man and his dog knew they were in a tough position with players leaving

When a club is in denial, saying "yeah, we'll be fine" after being offered a spot in d7 and then come looking to drop a week out from the season proper, there's not much you can do.
Bollocks.. The league has the power to investigate matters for what ever reason e.g. if I post on here some outrageous incident from a game, I'm sure the powers that be would be knocking on our clubs door asking for a please explain... therefore when all the talk in the off season is about players leaving, surely the league should've approached PH and when the club denies allegation's saying "yeah, we'll be fine" they turn and say "PROVE IT"..

A quick count of the Ins / outs - and the quality of them combined with who'd registered would've shown that they were in the shit.
by The Bedge
Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

HH3 wrote:Accessibility - 10 (Got a park right out the front on the main road).

After your review I can see why you got a park right out the front :lol:
by The Bedge
Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Would much rather sit here and lament a missed opportunity like today, than to reflect on a season of disappointment sitting at the bottom of the ladder.

Made the final in all formats this year (including BBL), unearthed some talent and most of all finally had blokes knocking on the doors of AUS selection!

SA Cricket is in a far better place now than it was 3yrs ago - we are no longer just making up numbers.
by The Bedge
Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Still you can be happy where you placed during this year. But in the end if you don't win, you dont get the awards. No one gives a crap who comes second or how well you did in finals. Its all about the one that counts and the Redbacks always find a way to f%$k things up.

You miss the bigger picture - we are no longer the laughing stock of the country.. and when was the last season before this that so many players had been noticed for higher honours?

Zampa, Head, Richardson, Sayers then there is talk around Mennie, and Lehmann has made people notice a bit more.
We produced the SS player of the year in Travis Head, we made the final in all formats, we unearthed Weatherald and Carey looks like he's found his mojo at this level.

We debuted and gave opportunities to Opie, Valente, Andrews, Benton
by The Bedge
Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just letting you know that I come from Victoria. I was born in 1981 and left to come here in 1990. I've been here ever since. I have been following the Redbacks since moving to SA so I can point my disappointment out. As it seems to be happening all the time they make a final or put themselves in a great opportunity. No one gets a trophy for runners up.
No one asked for your life story, nor do I think it validates in anyway your ability to be so critical.

Happening all the time? Please tell me how many times the Redbacks have let you down in a final over the past 20yrs - excluding this season?
by The Bedge
Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Since 1995-96 when SA last won the Shield (19 seasons not including this one)..

10x finished last
2x finished second last
4x finished third last

that's 16/19 seasons in the bottom 3..

The one day stuff isn't much better, since 2000-01 in the 15 seasons (not including this one), 8/15 times in the bottom 3, 1x win and 1x runner up
by The Bedge
Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:Sorry. Im getting info from everywhere at the minutre. My initial post was correct, they will have juniors. 6 teams

Is that you admitting you were wrong again? :lol:
by The Bedge
Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote:Has Carey logged in under footy chicks name?

Maybe he stayed there last night and she left it logged in :shock:
by The Bedge
Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Surely Zarts could have got you a Guest pass to the elevated coaches box?
Wasn't a fan of climbing up and down all day lol, especially being overweight and lazy haha! Would've stayed at ground level, but it's near on impossible at my short height and the ground incline to see anything around the ground lol.

Just glad I didn't fall off the ladder :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So with C&CCA looking more likely to trial a complete one day comp next season, what are peoples thoughts with the setup? Some adjustments I'm hearing (or making up):

10x over limit for bowlers instead of 8
Modified rules in the lowest grade - i.e. retire at 50 or 100 etc. and bowl max 6 over spell straight up
Best out of 3 SF and GF series (so potentially a 6x week finals series with opportunity for a week off between SF and GF if they win 2 straight)
8x team Div 1 with 2x rounds of games vs each other
Bonus points to extend to mycricket commitments
Match point deductions based on not fulfilling mycricket requirements within a certain timeframe.
Medals to be introduced to all premiership winning players on the day.
by The Bedge
Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Divison 3 2016

His hunger should be heightened knowing he was carried to those successes by his team mates.
by The Bedge
Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Division 6 Tipping

BZB27 wrote:Oh feck i just realised i tipped mitchell pk by accident

thought it was a little unusual haha
by The Bedge
Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 C9AFL Div 7

Will any side get near Salisbury West this season?

Not having seen the rest of the Comp, but having seen Westies I'd have PAOC as favourites against them (no real idea where the other clubs stand).
Guessing SW depth must be a little shallow, I mean how the heck does Todd Weidenbach get a kick let alone kick 6 goal?! :shock:
by The Bedge
Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3....and they start to appear.

Can they not just get the trainer to take the bloke off behind the goals or out away from the play and patch him up?
by The Bedge
Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

is that magpies ruckman waving to the camera? :shock: :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jetters wrote:If that's the Sumner that was at Golden Grove they think he's a dud

Exactly. Over rated, nothing to see here - don't know why everyone is getting so excited.. Genuine B grader.
by The Bedge
Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What a load of waft..

Robb - a quick look at SportingPulse would've given you all your answer, stop acting like there is some sort of secret squirrel business going on here.. Must be a slow news day for you :roll:

As for asking how much blokes get paid, maybe save it until after the game - the answers might put you off your own game.. ;)
by The Bedge
Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Would like to extend my thanks to the TOS supporters who thought it would be a great idea to hurl abuse and swear constantly at my 13yo boundary umpire in the B grade, who finished the game in tears..

.. Now I've got to find another volunteer, and unfortunate that a young kid has been turned away.

Stay classy pack of tossers
by The Bedge
Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:You'd be surprised, you tend to run to capacity regardless of oval size

I can confirm this - no matter the oval size, I struggle to run more than 20m
by The Bedge
Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Irrelevant. 13, 14 or 40 years of age. Volunteers shouldn't be the subject of any abuse. As anyone shouldn't really. But players and coaches are generally happy to engage in a bit of banter.. volunteers, especially kids, shouldnt be..
Really appreciate how you've handled this situation (away from these pages I mean)... Quality bloke, full of class.
by The Bedge
Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

D6 Ladder after Rd 3:
6 - West Croydon
6 - Ingle Farm
4 - Houghton Districts
4 - Brahma Lodge
4 - Woodville South
--------------------------------
2 - Trinity OS
2 - Mawson Lakes
2 - Fitzroy
0 - Mitchell Park
0 - Adelaide Lutheran

Round 4:
Adelaide Lutheran v Mawson Lakes : Adelaide Lutheran are in struggle town at the moment, and it's made worse with Uni holidays at the moment impacting their ability to field a full strength side. Mawson Lakes are a bit of a quiet builder - although only the 1 win so far, their 2x losses to sides tipped pre-season to be around the mark come business end have been closer than many may have thought. Well coached, understand their game - good midfield and dangerous forward line, I fancy Mawson Lakes will bounce back into the winners circle this week.

Ingle Farm v West Croydon : The only two undefeated sides remaining, this promises to be a cracking clash. West Croydon have added to their already finals hardened squad over summer, and it's paying dividends with strong performances across all grades. Woodcock & McKinnon combining for 10 goals between them on the weekend, they'll provide headaches this week for the Farmers, and we all know how dangerous Sumner is. I see Stubberfield played in the B grade Saturday - this bloke genuinely thrives on playing against Ingle Farm, wonder if he will stick his hand up for an A grade game. Ingle Farm were tested by TOS on the weekend, and scraped away with the vital two points. This will be a beauty of a match.

Mitchell Park v Trinity OS : Mitchell Park have struggled a bit since returning to D6, but are always a much more formidable opponent at home, and I'm not sure TOS have a suitable match up to contain McDonnell. Roberts should win the ruck battle, but from there i think it'll be struggle town. TOS were impressive on the weekend - their pickups in Lamont, Hooker, Maher are beauties and Spurr returning is so dangerous. Two Zorich's & Cotter makes for a big forward line and difficult to stop. Think TOS are a better unit than results have shown so far and should win this clash.

Woodville South v Houghton Districts : Interesting match up this one. Houghton have shocked the comp with their start to the season to be sitting comfortable at 2-1 including a strong win against TOS Rd 1. Underrated it seems, the Raiders when Paradiso returns will boast arguably the most dangerous midfield in the division, with Cam Schutz gifted his prime movers first use. Woody South on the other hand have been doing enough to collect the points, but haven't se the world alight, all their victories have been only by a handful of goals. The question will be how Houghton can handle the wide expanses of Ledger Reserve.. but I sniff an upset, and Houghton in a boil over to win against the fancied Cats.

Brahma Lodge v Fitzroy : Fitzroy will be happy to have recorded their first win Saturday, and Cotter led the way with 6. Asfaha amongst the best players i see - this kid has some talent, i look forward to seeing how he goes in a couple of years when he's fully matured! Unfortunately I think the joy will be short lived for the 'Roys as they run into a Brahma Lodge side that's beginning to find it's groove. Surely a typo on SportingPulse with Cosenza 5 goals? A lot of experience amongst that Lodge line up and plenty of dangerous players capable of kicking goals. I think this will be an ANZAC Day massacre, Brahma to win by plenty, and Aloisi to run riot with 7 goals.
by The Bedge
Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

D6R Ladder after Rd 3:
6 - Trinity OS
6 - Mitchell Park
6 - West Croydon
4 - Brahma Lodge
4 - Woodville South
--------------------------------
2 - Ingle Farm
2 - Adelaide Lutheran
0 - Fitzroy
0 - Mawson Lakes
0 - Houghton Districts

Round 4:
Adelaide Lutheran v Mawson Lakes : Mawson Lakes have struggled for a couple of seasons in this division, unfortunately I cant see that changing this weekend. Williams, Rae and Pearce will continue to work hard for the Mozzies, but they will struggle against the height of Adelaide Lutheran. Jenke, Borgas loom as danger men, and Byford up forward is a handful. Phelan on the wing appears to be finding some good form and Prater down back loves to mop up the entries. I think Lutheran will win this comfortably and create more log jam in the fight for the 5.

Ingle Farm v West Croydon : West Croydon are firing this year, huge improvers on last year and find themselves undefeated. Dangerous forward line with good size with the likes of Stubberfield and Cuellar running around, and Campbell enjoying a year back in the B grade after spending most of the season in the 1's last year. An experienced unit with plenty of dangermen, they've put the comp on notice and will take some beating. Ingle Farm continue to struggle getting into this season, and another comprehensive loss on Saturday further reinforces their position outside the 5. Unfortunately they run into the raging West Croydon this week, and it's very hard to see anything but another loss coming up, and last years grand finalists could well find themselves 2x games outside the 5 and closer to the bottom than the top.

Mitchell Park v Trinity OS : Mitchell Park have proven the surprise packet this season, sitting undefeated amongst the top of the ladder. Morell and his self imposed media ban is working wonders for the Lions and they've send shockwaves through the comp. At home this week, they'll face their toughest challenge to date against the reigning premiers. The smaller ground at Mitchell Park may work in their favour though. Trinity OS on the other hand reaffirmed its position as flag favourites. A fit and disciplined line up, they clinically disposed of Ingle Farm Saturday and continue to win and win by big margins. Shut down a couple and a couple more pop up. Hard to see Mitchell Park winning this one unfortunately, TOS are a beauty.

Woodville South v Houghton Districts : Woody South face the winless Houghton who gave a better account of themselves on the weekend against a good Lodge outfit. Unfortunately on the larger Ledger Reserve, against a side who historically have been good in the reserves, i think the Raiders will be up against it, and the Cats will find themselves back amongst the front runners at weekends close. Jason O'Regan loves beating up on a weaker opponent, expect him to collect a bag of goals, and with Todd, Cross, Goodes, Simpson Woody South will be very difficult to stop.

Brahma Lodge v Fitzroy : This match will go much the way of the A grade. Fitzroy let a golden opportunity slip Saturday to collect their first win, and now travel out to face last years minor premiers on their own turf on ANZAC Day. Couple of 'Roys lads can hold their heads high and battle hard, Mancheff clearly their best, but they'll be flogged hard this week, Lehman will have a field day up forward, Smith will dominate the ruck and the Lodge midfield will smash the 'Roys. This will be a cricket scoreline as Brahma begin to assert themselves.
by The Bedge
Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

heater31 wrote:
valleys07 wrote:If there is any "consolation" to come out of Sunday: Robbie Gray, Hamish Hartlett and Charlie Dixon have all been offered $1000 fines for their respective incidents.

Were they charged with impersonating footballers? ;)

Failing to impersonate footballers**
by The Bedge
Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

adr107 wrote:No, no, no. We're going to finish 10th. Remember...

Just looked over the predictions from pre-season - not one poster had you down as finishing 10th.. 8)
by The Bedge
Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Robb_Stark wrote:one of them is lucky to be 5 foot 5 and looked like he had been having a field day in the paddock rather then the trainning track i nicknamed him tubby duck cause he also had a waddle :D

Sounds a lot like me :-k
by The Bedge
Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Dutchy wrote:yep...when a restuarant resorts to scoopon to get business you know things are going downhill fast....

Doesn't bother me lol, a bargain is a bargain :lol:
by The Bedge
Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4 discussion

Seriously, how many draws are we expecting? :lol:
by The Bedge
Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Brilliant read as always Valleys!
by The Bedge
Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

The Ash Man wrote:
Zartan wrote:toasted sangas.. ham, cheese & tomato.. or chicken, cheese & mayo..

I'm hooked on them lol

Add some red onion

I'll give it a crack tomorrow!
by The Bedge
Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

D6 Ladder after Rd 4:
8 - West Croydon
6 - Brahma Lodge
6 - Ingle Farm
6 - Woodville South
4 - Houghton Districts
----------------------------------
4 - Mawson Lakes
2 - Trinity OS
2 - Mitchell Park
2 - Fitzroy
0 - Adelaide Lutheran

Round 5:
Fitzroy v Woodville South: Another home game for the 'Roys, they'll be looking to claim another victory as they did two weeks ago. Showing signs of improvement over the past few weeks, unfortunately took a backwards step yesterday against the powerful lodge side. Will be interesting to see how the side can back up from the shorter break, and if it will hinder player recovery/ability to play. Woodville South have been quietly going about their business, building nicely and sitting in the top group on 3 wins & 1 loss. Whilst all the talk has surrounded West Croydon and co. the Cats have been able to stay quiet under the radar. My concern is how they'll manage the unique size and shape of Sam Johnson Sportsground. Perhaps a 'Roys victory isn't out of the question?

Houghton Districts v Adelaide Lutheran: Houghton will head into this game as raging favourites after an impressive showing against Woody South on the weekend. Robb Stark obviously finally let his footy do the talking, while Q no doubt racked up bulk km's on the GPS. Back home this week, very difficult to beat the mountain men on their home ground it's hard to see them dropping this game. The downside to Houghton is after a couple of weeks of school holidays, Adelaide Lutheran will be hoping to have a few return to the side to strengthen it. Not sure it'll be enough, and the Raiders should continue their good start to the season.

Mawson Lakes v West Croydon: Mawson Lakes are a disciplined unit, and although undermanned were able to shut down Adelaide Lutheran on the weekend to stay in touch with the top 5. Novosel wound back the clock once again, slotting a cool 8, whilst looking at the best players, the Lakes midfield ran rampant with familiar names all featuring - King, Kennett, Ung, McCammon. Unfortunately they run into the red hot Hawks, who have brushed all aside before them so far. Speaking with someone on the weekend, they pointed out the Hawks could consider themselves unlucky to still be in D6 - they've had an outstanding team for a number of years, but have ran into some very powerful sides - Rosewater & Blackfriars 2014, Lockleys & Smithfield 2015.. they've paid their dues and this could be the year. Ruck battle will be interesting, I think Mawson Lakes will hold the ascendancy in the centre, but they'll be hard pressed to find more winners around the ground, and will suffer another defeat.

Ingle Farm v Mitchell Park: Battle of the old enemy.. although these days, I doubt very much if many at Ingle Farm can recall the strong rivalry and hatred that existed. One person who will remember will be Nat McDonnell.. a bane of Ingle Farms for many seasons, he is one of two people who I can honestly say find an extra gear and grow a foot taller when playing Ingle Farm (Jeb Stubberfield being the other). Memories of the Mitchell Park comeback after half time at Rowe Park when last in D6 still haunts me, led by the twins who were like possessed rangas. Mitchell Park head into this game full of confidence after registering their first win in arguably the upset so far of the season. On the flip side of the coin, Ingle Farm will be looking to bounce back after their loss on the weekend, and would be hopeful to have almost a full team become available after failing to show up Saturday.

Trinity OS v Brahma Lodge: In a division that promises to be tight, you have to take your chances. TOS would've pencilled Saturday in for a win, and now find themselves in a difficult position, to be tested further still when they host a Brahma Lodge side beginning to wind up and fire, living up to the pre-season hype. This will be an interesting clash, Trinity are difficult to beat at home, have some big lads up forward and quality mids.. but Brahma are beginning to find some serious form, and Aloisi will be tough to stop. The question for me is if Brahma have enough size to stop the big boppers from TOS, but I also think Brahma will have too much run and class around the ground and will be tough to beat.
by The Bedge
Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

D6R ladder after Rd 4:
8 - West Croydon
8 - Mitchell Park
6 - Trinity OS
6 - Woodville South
6 - Brahma Lodge
---------------------------------
4 - Adelaide Lutheran
2 - Ingle Farm
0 - Fitzroy
0 - Mawson Lakes
0 - Houghton Districts

Round 5
Fitzroy v Woodville South: Honourable losses in consecutive weeks for the 'Roys, but just cant seem to get over the line. Shorter turn around after the ANZAC Day clash, and they run into the ever strong Woody South. Expected to contend for the flag, the Cats will be tough to beat, whilst Fitzroy will be looking forward to easier games in coming weeks. Woody South wont lose here.

Houghton Districts v Adelaide Lutheran: As with Fitzroy, Houghton have shown glimpses whilst remaining winless. Stronger side at home, but similarly with the A grade they run into Adelaide Lutheran on the back of school holidays concluding, which should see their depth improve. Some good runners and target players, I think Adel Lutheran will prove too strong in this match.

Ingle Farm v Mitchell Park: Who would've thought Mitchell Park would beat Trinity! To say TOS were severely undermanned is a little disrespectful to Mitchell Park - they still had plenty of talent in their side. Mitchell Park proving the real surprise packet of the div this year. Ingle Farm must be wondering what they've done wrong - for the 3rd week in a row they come up against an undefeated side flying. An indication of the increased strength of D6 this year, Ingle Farm flounder with just the one win after 4 rounds. Will not improve this week, Mitchell Park by 5 goals.

Mawson Lakes v West Croydon: Another long season for Mawson Lakes it would seem this year, and unfortunately they host West Croydon this week, which will not aid their cause. The Hawks possess a very dominate forward line, big size and strength, and a couple of nippy little flankers which will give the Lakes a few headaches. Mawson Lakes may win the ruck, and if they can curb the influence of Sawtell and Emery they may stay competitive, but I think this will be a blow out.

Trinity OS v Brahma Lodge: TOS will be eager to bounce back this week after their shock defeat. Back at home where they love, I suspect Kreig may be an inclusion this week which adds 5 goals to their side. Brahma Lodge I'm perplexed with - last years minor premiers, depth improved at the club but over the past couple of weeks they've just done enough to get over the line, and hasn't been as emphatic as results last season. Are they struggling? Are sides just challenging them more? Are they over rated? I know internally they still rate themselves highly, as they should. This week is the change to prove that, but my money is on TOS to fight back with a strong win in a low scoring contest.
by The Bedge
Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congrats to Adam Gully who was awarded life membership at Enfield on Sunday.

199 games. 380 wickets, over 2,000 runs.

Played in 5x C&CCA carnivals over 10 years + SAMCA Cups sides, and has always been a rare shining light for Enfield in some difficult years, and generally the only Enfield player liked and respected by others in the comp :lol:
by The Bedge
Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anzac Day 2016

Footy Chick wrote:My god people, i'm not talking about excited kids, I'm talking full on screaming tanti's.

You.. have.. no idea :lol:

Anyway though, whilst on the subject - nothing shits me more than at footy games during a moments silence when some bogan supporter feels the need to yell out! :evil:
by The Bedge
Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

cennals05 wrote: Unless of course you were a perfect child who never once threw a tanti in public.

Far from a perfect child - in fact probably the opposite, but never chucked a tanti in public.. because I would've got a boot straight up my backside quick smart :lol:
by The Bedge
Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Flying home over night from Singapore last year I could only feel for little Blake's parents. I felt for the rest of the plane too, especially us right behind them, but the little bloke cried from take off at 11pm Adelaide time in Singapore to 3:30am Adelaide time, about 3 hours from touching down. He just didn't ******* stop. :lol: They were at each other, Dad was trying to restrain him, physically, only to have the kid buck and writhe around, then he'd almost settle and we'd hit the smallest bump and "WAAAAA WAAAAA". Simply nothing they could do. They filled him with warm milk hoping to quiet him down, all that did was threaten to come up when he cried himself into a coughing fit. Mum had mascara all down her face from the tears, Dad was in tears....poor bastards. At one point I was contemplating just getting out the plane. :lol:

But hey, enjoy your trip. :lol:
I had a similar experience with a poor mum and her little girl prob 2yo on a flight home from Brisbane last year, she was having no luck whatsoever to settle her - so I gave her my ipad and let her play with that on the colouring in app that my daughter uses.. worked wonders :D

Felt for the mum though, she was on a hiding to nothing to try and settle the girl.
by The Bedge
Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Love the look.
Q.JPG

Reminds me of this guy,,,
is this Q.JPG
by The Bedge
Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He is hearing impaired, not deaf.
Take his hearing aid out and he's bloody deaf.. Point still remains - C6 recreational umpires ARE NOT capable of umpiring D6 A grade!

Would've been better utilising our B grade umpires today!

Why should clubs fork out good money on umpires when that's what you get dished up?!? Disgraceful..
by The Bedge
Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Today's umpiring topped the list of the worse I have ever seen.
One of them needs to be banished for good.
Mate it's terrible.. Bloke umpires C grade, he's done a few of our C grade games, he struggles to control games and has snaps.. But here's the kicker - he's actually deaf! That's no joke, he umpires cricket and we have had a lot of issues with him.. It's really not cool to have a bloke mid 40's with a hearing deficiency umpiring hostile A grade footy.

Won't say he directed influenced the result of the game but Pha rk me he went close to losing it for both sides..
by The Bedge
Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yank Man wrote:He tore a calf muscle in the warm up. Was too late to replace him as most of the B's had gone.

:shock: :shock: Your B Grade don't stick around to support the A grade??
by The Bedge
Mon May 02, 2016 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

People who play in second rate competitions always believe they are up there with the big boys, with ability and conditions.
Best leave this discussion to people who have played grade cricket and know a little about it legend.
Be a good little boy and run along.

Comments like these are part of the reason some cricketers would rather play in their "second rate comp" instead of playing amongst pompous, arrogant pricks in the grade system like yourself.

You don't reckon there a players running around that could slide into a grade setup if they really wanted to commit and were interested?

Disgraceful comments.
by The Bedge
Mon May 02, 2016 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

D6R Ladder after Rd 5
10 - West Croydon
08 - Woodville South
08 - Brahma Lodge
08 - Mitchell Park
06 - Trinity OS
----------------------------------------
06 - Adelaide Lutheran
04 - Ingle Farm
00 - Fitzroy
00 - Houghton Districts
00 - Mawson Lakes

Round 6
Adelaide Lutheran v Fitzroy: Adelaide Lutheran managed to sneak over the line against Houghton on the weekend, a score line possibly closer than many would've picked. Swag of goal kickers, and looks like some players have returned, the win was a crucial one for Lutheran who hold touch with the top 5, and keep the gap on Ingle Farm. Phelan continues to have a strong season, along with Brereton and Tscharke. Byford kept quiet once again didn't matter for the 'Dogs as they enjoyed more avenues to goal on the smaller surrounds of Houghton Memorial. Fitzroy on the other hand will be disappointed in their offerings on the weekend. After nearly upsetting the Lodge on ANZAC Day, the Lions took a backwards step, slaughtered by the Cats to the tune of 108 points. Todd, O'Regan and Swanson continuing to be key players for the Cats. Fitzroy just appear to lack a genuine match winner, and depth is being tested. The loss of Asfaha is hurting, and Mancheff's influence is being curbed. Another tough week for the 'Roys coming up, and I think they'll remain winless for another week.

Brahma Lodge v Mitchell Park: Huge win for the Tigers, comprehensively beating TOS and inflicting the reigning premiers second consecutive defeat of the season, to reaffirm their position as a genuine contender for this season. Hem-Mendes led the way with 5 goals while the big man Lehmann collected another lazy 3. Good to see Burchall finding some form, and the Lodge finding more match winners aside from the regulars of the past year. They'll be eager to register another big win this weekend, and keep the pressure right on West Croydon at the top. They run into a Mitchell Park lineup that have this year proven to be a handful. They play a similar style to the Lodge, and have their share of match winners. Nick Leck is a danger, player for the future, morel may be lucky to hold onto him again for another week - too good for B grade footy. Wilson provides options for goal, Chadwick was superb and Moroney is dangerous. Waack looked like proving the match winner, his change out of position probably tipped balance in the Farmers favour. They'll give the Tigers a good run this week, especially if they can get a few back, but it's a big ask, and this will be a true test of where they're at.

Mawson Lakes v Ingle Farm: As with the A grade, ladder position means little when these two sides meet. Although Farmers have managed to secure points over the past couple of seasons, it hasn't been with out a fight, and they're genuinely competitive contests. Ingle Farm bounced back into the winners circle Saturday with a hard fought win over Mitchell Park, but still find themselves behind the 8-ball in the fight for the 5, securing back to back wins are crucial for their chances., this is as an important game as any for the Farmer. Mawson Lakes on the other hand, have proven competitive this season whilst still winless. A tough day against the undefeated West Croydon last week, they'll be keen to bounce back with a better showing this week. Pearce continues to lead the way for the Mossies, and a lot of newer names amongst their lineup is a good thing as they add depth and look to support the A grade. Looking forward to an enjoyable contest, but Ingle Farm start favourites in this match.

West Croydon v Houghton Districts: West Croydon firming as flag favourites in both grades, look irresistible. They face a winless Houghton this week, and it's hard to see them being stopped again. Their forward line wouldn't look out of place in the A grade just quietly, and Campbell continues to torment opposition fullbacks. Shut him down and Stubberfield pops up.. Shut him down and you've got to deal with Cuellar.. Shut him down and well you get the idea, the list goes on. Sawtell and Emery both in exquisite form, would be short odds for the medal in the early stages. Houghton on the flip side showed signs of improvement on the weekend against Adelaide Lutheran. Oswald up forward with 3 goals led the way, while Wood, Purdon and Jay Szabo amongst the best. Could potentially have the advantage in the ruck in this contest, they'll need to work hard to stay in the game. As with the A grade though, an honourable loss would be viewed as a pass mark from outsiders, given West Croydons strength.

Woodville South v Trinity OS: Match of the round, Woody South an outstanding B grade unit with dangerous players everywhere - Todd, O'regan, Swanson. Rudiger and Cross are no mugs in B grade footy either, and carry A grade experience. The Cats keep winning and winning well, they'll be full of confidence and expectant of a victory this week, but they run into the wounded Lion of Trinity, a side that has suffered back to back defeats and would be seething and dropping those games. A proud side, they'll be eager to bounce back and prove themselves, and what better way than against a top side like Woody South. Costs and Dimuccio the keys for TOS, their runners will enjoy a big ground I fancy, and if Kreig returns he offers plenty up forward. Simpson v King Disibio in the ruck will be a crucial battle. Don't count out the little master from getting his side returning to the winners circle here, should be a belter of a match.
by The Bedge
Mon May 02, 2016 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

D6 Ladder after Rd 5
10 - West Croydon
08 - Brahma Lodge
08 - Woodville South
08 - Ingle Farm
04 - Houghton Districts
--------------------------------------------
04 - Mawson Lakes
02 - Trinity OS
02 - Mitchell Park
02 - Adelaide Lutheran
02 - Fitzroy

Round 6
Adelaide Lutheran v Fitzroy : Adelaide Lutheran will be buoyed by breaking their duck on the weekend, in a match that most pundits gave them no chance in. To defeat Houghton in the in the foot hills of Adelaide is no easy feat. Great spread of goal kickers, and their cricketers getting amongst the action (Youlten, Redhead, Borgas). They'll return home to the parklands this week full of confidence and looking to secure back to back wins for the first time since Rd 14 2014, and a victory will help ease the pressure of relegation for another week. Fitzroy on the other hand find themselves sitting on the bottom of the ladder, unable to string 4 qtrs. together this season consistently. Inaccurate kicking kept them in the game on the weekend, but they also were unable to capitalise when opportunity presented. Should they be about to put together 4 quarters this week, an away victory certainly isn't out of the question. A must win game for both sides desperate to stay in D6 this season, should be a cracking contest. If Cotter has a day out then I think the 'Roys sneak home.

Brahma Lodge v Mitchell Park : Brahma Lodge have asserted their credentials over the past few weeks, since their round 1 loss, they've been ruthless, beating all comers in their path. Another 6 from Aloisi on the weekend further states his position as the most dangerous small forward in the comp, and with Huitema, Spriggs and Sobels amongst the best, the depth and class at the Lodge is really beginning to shine. Mitchell Park, far from as bad as season results have shown this year, some very capable players, and were right in the game against Ingle Farm until the 'Dogs kicked away late in the last to snatch victory. Enjoyed particularly the game of the bloke with the greatest haircut in D6 - Walczak, his run from the backlines was brilliant, and I felt he was the catalyst for the Mitchell Park attacks for most the day. If the Lions can re-produce their efforts from the first half this weekend, then perhaps just possibly an upset is possible, but I think they're up against it, and Brahma would be setting their sights on a rematch with West Croydon already to avenge..

Mawson Lakes v Ingle Farm : Historically very close matches between the two local rivals, this match shapes up to be no different. Ingle Farm escaped with the points last Saturday after trailing at the last break, more rotations and a bit more leg speed shone through to drive the Farmers home. Lynch with 5 goals actually surprised me a little after the game, didn't realise he had that many, and thought Mitchell Park did well to curb his influence throughout the day. Mawson Lakes coming off a tough contest against flag favourites West Croydon will be eager to put in a greater showing at home. Novosel kept quiet on the weekend, not often that happens 2 weeks in a row so a danger to watch, and Ung appears in good form this year. Should be an intriguing battle of the midfields.

West Croydon v Houghton Districts: The Hawks juggernaut rolls on, another week, another win. McKinnon a return to form with 5 goals, while Stancl and Curtis amongst the best. Plenty of match winners amongst this line up, and a rumour beginning to circulate that it may be strengthened in coming weeks with Wiles a potential return. Cooper should come back this week which just continues to add another element of class, they go from strength to strength. Houghton on the other hand, have dropped their last 3 games after jumping out of the blocks with two massive wins to start the season. Now with Mawson Lakes breathing down their neck and a swag of sides only a win behind that, the pressure is beginning to mount on the Raiders, and after their shock loss to Lutheran, questions are beginning to be asked if perhaps they're the real deal or been over valued. Bray continues to provide an avenue to goal up forward, and Roling will be better for the run Saturday. Still plenty of dangerous players in the Houghton lineup, but they've got the toughest test in D6 this season coming up. An honourable loss is as good as a win here.. a win is worth 4pts..

Woodville South v Trinity OS: Woody South continuing to get the job done, doing enough to beat Fitzroy by 27 points on the weekend, despite some horrid kicking for goal. Really aren't getting the attention they deserve in this div, they're a genuine premiership chance. Dankiewicz continues to have a stellar season and Clark finding regular goals. The depth at the Cats is enormous which holds them in good stead, and will be looking to lock away another 2pts this weekend, and stick a dagger in the heart of the TOS season. Trinity on the other hand need a win desperately. Have only managed the one victory this season, against bottom placed Fitzroy, and find themselves genuinely in danger of potentially not only missing finals, but being amongst the bottom 2 on the ladder unless they can begin winning these close matches. They have the talent on paper, and a dangerous forward line, if they click they can win on their day though. It's a big ask to head out to the wide expanses of Ledger Reserve, and I wonder if they're too top heavy to run all day with the Cats. Woody South for me in this match.
by The Bedge
Mon May 02, 2016 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |