Search found more than 2491 matches

Return

Re: AFL Round 4

Just looked at the scores. Thought it must've been at the G and some cyclonic weather conditions......

It's as ugly of football as you'll ever see. If Collingwood had a forward they should be 5 goal in front.
So Buckley playing no one in the forward 50... that innovative!
No difference to that than having Cloke down there spraying them and not scoring....

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
Good point MT... so Bucks is still running with last years structure then!
by Corona Man
Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Premiership T-Shirts

PatowalongaPirate wrote:1 x XL please.

Double XL?
by Corona Man
Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 4

daysofourlives wrote:well pi55 off to the SAAFL thread then if you dont want to declare your AFL team. Just pure trolling, flog

Easy to sit back a take cheap pots shots and not declare an eligence as you noted Daisy, good for him!
by Corona Man
Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

MW wrote:Another fking hammy this time Talia. 4-6 weeks.
Gonna derail our season these hammies

Yes please!
by Corona Man
Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Today is clare valley brewing pale ale

Very smashable

I'm drinking Coronas ( just because) in a bud light beer cosy from the states!
by Corona Man
Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 5

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:The saints home crowd definitely influencing the martians today

All 3,500 of them?
by Corona Man
Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Drinking beers on a Monday night watching the footy.
by Corona Man
Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bucks in trouble after this... can't wait to see Eddie on the big screen soon!
by Corona Man
Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
Q. wrote:
Corona Man wrote:^ they may not sack during the season, but you can put your house on the fact they (Eddie) will be into Roos big time now!

Dew or Burns IMO

I was taking the pi55... a bit. Throw in Ben Hart, what about Robert Harvey?

Harvey is ******* useless.

Who wants a decent Collingwood coach!
by Corona Man
Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Crows have never bottomed out and now have a chance at a flag with no top 10 draft pick on their list.

It can be done.

Collingwood have tried to bring in established talent and failed.
But the Crows have also been seen to be one of those clubs happy to finish around the middle of the park and never seriously contend but at the same time not finish bottom. They have massively underachieved IMO but look the goods this year. Anything less than a spot in the GF would be seen as a failure I'd think with the squad they have

Lost 3 prelims in the last decade or so and should have done at least that last year. Agree we have massively underachieved.
I agree, it's been a golden era.
by Corona Man
Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 6

bennymacca wrote:I think it's great they have a Friday night game, they deserve it. Better footy than watching bloody Carlton

Agree B Mac. Be good to know who these blokes are before they win the next 7 premierships!
by Corona Man
Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 6

Hawks have given up

Another 86pt belting on the cards...possibly even more.
Dear Pirate,

If this is what Hawthorn are going to dish up in season 2017, I will need to book a much longer overseas holiday than originally planned. Although I may need to be back in September to watch the Roosters.... your help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerly

Corona Man
by Corona Man
Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Yep about the mark Boon. I drove too which was a poor move. Reckon you could kick on the free drinks for a few hours and not raise an eyebrow. Good luck lads bring home the silverware!
by Corona Man
Tue May 02, 2017 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gozu wrote:
Spargo wrote:Just checking in, I trust everyone's well here :lol:

That reminds me I might pop in the '98 Grand Final DVD to watch today ;)

It's on DVD?!? Sure it's not beta?
by Corona Man
Sun May 07, 2017 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:Just checking in, I trust everyone's well here :lol:

Yes thanks for asking Spargo... I've been humming the Kangas song since about 3pm yesterday!
by Corona Man
Sun May 07, 2017 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Having Sunday off work.

That bad huh?
by Corona Man
Sun May 07, 2017 9:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sounds like you lads had a cracking day out despite the golf. Condolences re the pooch Boon.

Can make myself "available" for selection next year unless Carey shows significant improvement!
by Corona Man
Mon May 08, 2017 4:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:This afternoons office....Image

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Get back to work MT_79!
by Corona Man
Tue May 09, 2017 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:now Booney will be able to auction off places given the demand!!

bidding starts at???

#14.
by Corona Man
Tue May 09, 2017 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sounds like you lads had a cracking day out despite the golf. Condolences re the pooch Boon.

Can make myself "available" for selection next year unless Carey shows significant improvement!

If carey doesn't do any work on his slice he's coming again. Haven't laughed so ******* hard in ages.

You can talk to a hook... but a slice will never listen.
by Corona Man
Mon May 08, 2017 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Currently sitting in a bar at the Auckland Airport enjoying, not... a Stienlager pure...it's pure alright, pure pi55.

Anyone recommend a decent Kiwi froth?

I dont mind the Monteith beers.

Ok I will
Keep an eye out for it & give it a run MT!
by Corona Man
Thu May 11, 2017 6:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Possibly.

In any event, Jenkins still fits out team structure much better than tippett would have, at a cheaper price

Speaking of Jenkins, seems he's got himself in a twitter beef with our very own morell

https://www.facebook.com/TheAFLupdate/photos/a.767474663365615.1073741828.767274933385588/1335534893226253/?type=3
Well played Morrell.
by Corona Man
Thu May 11, 2017 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 360 - (and other Foxtel footy programs)

Just bumped into Kingy in the Qantas Lounge here in Sydney tonight.... hey @Carey, I passed on your best Regards!
by Corona Man
Sat May 13, 2017 9:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2017

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:Frawley out long term with a premiership medal. Stratton out with bone bruising.

Fixed. ;)

Fixed correctly.
by Corona Man
Tue May 16, 2017 6:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

stan wrote:
MatteeG wrote:Maybe you can all **** off out of the Hawks forum so we can all discuss Tyrone's haircut.

Hoping for a reverse Samson type scenario.

Good hair cut.

Well it can't make him any bloody worse.
by Corona Man
Fri May 19, 2017 6:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Flying home tonight!
by Corona Man
Fri May 19, 2017 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thailand, Laos & Cambodia

Getting closer to our much anticipated return trip to Thailand. The itinerary this trip includes a week on Koh Samui, this will be the chill out time. Then a week in Hua Hin, this will be the golfing time. A few days in Bangkok, this will be Mrs Coronas shopping time. Then home the long way via Hong Kong. Our first trip there so keen to take it all in. Thanks to one SA Footy Forum member who helped set it all up. Hoping he can also arrange the bin put out/retrieval bloke for us while we are away!
by Corona Man
Sat May 20, 2017 8:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 9 ( Keep it down in the expensive seats )

I do hope any crow supporters at the Gabba tonight are being quiet.
by Corona Man
Sat May 20, 2017 9:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 9 ( Keep it down in the expensive seats )

Spargo wrote:Real happy with our blokes today.

Look out mate... I'll jump on board soon!
by Corona Man
Sun May 21, 2017 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 10

Booney wrote:Half time :

Sydney 13 9
Hawthorn 1 3

The one coming from a silly Sydney turnover.

Nup!
by Corona Man
Fri May 26, 2017 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think just about every game this year we have been in this position, only trouble is we need to be up by 10 goal at half time to have any chance. Once the Swans absorb the pressure and get their nose in front we'll turn up our toes and get beat by 80 points
Yep!
I know I tend to talk the swans down sometimes, but you lot are on a different level :lol:
Did you see our game last week with Collingwood...that's right... Collingwood!!!
by Corona Man
Fri May 26, 2017 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Franklin is miles ahead of any forward in the comp! Freak.

Even Tippett?

Especially Tippett.
by Corona Man
Fri May 26, 2017 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My 19 year old daughter playing her first game of women's footy tomorrow, if only I could be there!
by Corona Man
Sat May 27, 2017 7:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jim05 wrote:Suns are just such a irrelevant football club. Piss them off to Tassie

There's no Sun in Tassie Jim!
by Corona Man
Sat May 27, 2017 7:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just managed to beat the rain on the course....but got stuck at the bar for 2hrs waiting for it all to pass.....now im ticking along nicely...

Managed to play with 2 of the more veteran members and what an absolute pleasure it was.

Now for the golf. In the practice nets with my 7i....it was going to be a long long day. Nothing felt at all natural.
I did get a tip on the practice green about how the greens all slope too....that helped. The greens felt slower....thank allah for that!!!!

Pretty much hybrid off every tee and felt quite nice. Putting was also very good....by my standards on the most part.
2 scrubs....the first just shouldnt have happened...third shot was just short of the green so had a chip up and bunker to clear. Ball settled with a bloody weed behind it so that just put the club off plane from takeaway and a blade across....
Second scrub on 17.....seriously shouldve had atleast 1 point....poor putting there.

Quite happy with 38pts...only to find all i won was a ball.....winner had 45. Second place 44...had an 80 off the stick...an 85yr old.... https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170527/9ab24f345fcef0a372cf7be739a4eb0d.jpg

Well played MT!
by Corona Man
Sat May 27, 2017 7:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Liked the game of Cousins tonight, hope he plays the rest of the year.
Willsmore unfortunately should join the illustrious list of one gamers. No doubt though he will get more opportunities with the situation we are in, has been on the list a long time, its time to find out if he has anything to offer
Let's just hope he doesn't finish up like the other Cousins.
Premiership player
Brownlow medallist...
Nose candy officianado.
by Corona Man
Sat May 27, 2017 7:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Just a tad wet on the hill.

Rain has stopped for a while now though

I want more rain.....

I want effing Armageddon!
by Corona Man
Sat May 27, 2017 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Should never have let them back in. However, fair effort in the end by our blokes. Carlton hit the lead, had all the running, crowd behind them, every ball was bouncing their way & every whistle for a while was favouring them. Our guys found something and disappoint all those who had their finger hovering over the submit button ;)
I never hover, I submit!
by Corona Man
Sun May 28, 2017 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Swing speeds are always an interesting debate. For me there is no right or wrong. It's very much an individual thing. Much of it has to do with the physical attributes of the player. Take Ernie Els for example, the bloke is about 6.3 with a big set of shoulders. His "turn" generates enormous leverage so his swing looks slowish. Freddy Couples another who looked like he went to sleep on his back swing. Ben Hogan and Gary Player smaller guys who swung a little quicker. The key to me is getting in the right position at the top of the swing, dropping it inside on the way back down an you have a right to left draw shape. Had lessons many years ago, the old pro said it very simply.... get it in the right position at the top... swing as hard as you like!

My other tip... don't try to "hit the ball"... just swing the club, ball simply gets in the way.
by Corona Man
Mon May 29, 2017 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 11

Robran wrote:This could blow out to 10+ Jenkins u suck
Piss off Carey lol :D

So that's how jerka gets a game... makes sense now.
by Corona Man
Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

cracka wrote:I'm done. Over to Netflix for me. Kidding ourselves if we think we're contenders.

Gutting it out then Cracka?
by Corona Man
Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:LOL Great work manning danger :lol:

Not sure how that can happen with a back 6 all of whom are in AA calculations!
by Corona Man
Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah Benny is spot on Corona Man

The Crows have beaten those teams and then also lost to the 9th and 13th sides.

The other issue us you all need to realise Geelong just arent that good.....we are a 6-12 team at best
Mate if your cats are no good, then my Hawks are diabolical... come to think of it, yep your spot on MT!
by Corona Man
Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You make it sound like the crows are shite corona man and haven't done anything of note. So who is a better team than them this year?

gws is it really.
The Crows are good at home, they are very suspect away. From my perspective it's been that way for a very long time. GWS, yes probably, but come the pointy end of the season, in Melbourne, I don't see the Crows getting it done. Sure I don't miss an opportunity to have a crack at them, it's bloody good fun!
by Corona Man
Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:You make it sound like the crows are shite corona man and haven't done anything of note. So who is a better team than them this year?

gws is it really.

Crows haven't done anything of note since 98.

#19years #19thman #coincidence
by Corona Man
Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

@Spargo Come on need your lads to get up, don't wanna hear Mick Molloy Monday if the Tigs get up!
by Corona Man
Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo Come on need your lads to get up, don't wanna hear Mick Molloy Monday if the Tigs get up!
Dont worry CM the Roos should be winning here.
Then Spargo and Dutchy will be up and about [emoji38]
Settling in the watch a good contest, where Norf hit the front for the first time in the game with 10 seconds to go.... Gold!
Bugger....i was hoping it might be after the siren due to a contentious ruck infringement and a big bomb from 65m....Blight like

That'll do!
by Corona Man
Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo Come on need your lads to get up, don't wanna hear Mick Molloy Monday if the Tigs get up!
Dont worry CM the Roos should be winning here.
Then Spargo and Dutchy will be up and about :lol:
Settling in the watch a good contest, where Norf hit the front for the first time in the game with 10 seconds to go.... Gold!
by Corona Man
Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8

Great win today, great crowd. Beard clunked contested marks like I've never seen him do before, we were clinical in front of goal. Baulderstone with some cheap tricks out there, deliberately tripped a sturt player running to a contest in open space then went on to take cheap shots at blokes smaller than him. Smart should also get a week for a cheap king hit to the back of the head to Slimming(?), gutless and pathetic. Norwood tried to niggle all day and had some good passages of play but I reckon 3-4 of their goals were from frees.
Sturt far to good now we're pretty well back at full strength and some good depth developing now with a thumping in the ressies.
Four wins in a row, last two against second and fourth.
Go Blues.
Hone, 3 goals early, what did he finish with?
5-0
5 from the straight back!
by Corona Man
Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Golf in general

A mate is up on the Gold coast at moment. Night golf at Emerald Lakes.
This is what we need down at Thaxted. Make up a night course!!! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170605/87bfbdd7f7cea6dd4cdcf9493b400cb8.jpg

Played night golf here about 5 years ago. It's great so long as you hit the fairway. Miss them and it gets interesting! Not a lot of illumination in the rough. That said as I recall I shot a good score for the 9 holes I played. So clearly I'm a better night time golfer than during daylight hours!
by Corona Man
Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |