Search found 2 matches

Return

Re: Round 13

Hi lads ,

Enjoy reading the thoughts and opinions of those that post on here and felt maybe I should have a say as a member of the Westies Cheer Squad . We were approached by the ground security supervisor and advised that they had received a complaint from an 'Adelaide Crows Official' about us banging on the fence excessively . We took what he said on face value as we had no reason to believe that he would lie to us about this . We refused to tone it down or stop as it is something we do every home game as part of our chants and occasionally to distract opposition having a shot for goal (no different to booing imo). The security supervisor then left and we had no further interaction with them about it for the remainder of the game . Needless to say we were a lot louder with our fence banging and chanting after the interaction with security and were encouraged to do so by our footy club. The only other thing we were told on the day was by West that a crows official had said they would be making an official complaint to the league. I won't speculate on that part further because I wasn't involved with that conversation as we were still cheering the bloods on as we do, so it could've been a private security contractor hired by the crows but your guess on that is as good as mine .

It was fantastic to have the backing of our Westies family, we may be a small squad but have plenty passion for our Bloods . Hope this helps answer some questions from a cheer squad perspective .

Looking forward to heading to Noarlunga this week with our tails up ! Go Bloods !
by westiesforever
Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13

Good on ya Westiesforever, great to see the little guys with guts standing up, not just for themselves, but for football and what it stands for in general.

Cheers therisingblues ! All the SANFL clubs have diehard passionate fans and should always have the right to cheer our teams on in the right spirit as we had been doing on Saturday .
Yep, well done westiesforever. You guys have been banging those fences for ages now, all part of the colour that makes up a footy match. Keep up the loud work, especially when you front the PoSA again.

Must admit, I kind of feel sorry for that poor fence though. ;)

Cheers Magellan , we sure do plan to keep our loud work up its great fun especially now the Bloods have strung a few wins together . I can confirm that a few pop rivets came away from some signage on the fence Saturday ... haha oops :D
by westiesforever
Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |