Search found more than 1970 matches

Return

Re: Things that make you laugh

Helping a group of year 1's at Auskick tonight and noticed there was one lad wearing a Centrals top. Tackle bags came out and this little fella left everyone for dead. Must be something about those guernseys lol
by JK
Tue May 19, 2015 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

I was reminded this evening of a drop kick cousin of mine and one of his finest pieces of work.

My aunty and uncle's house was broken into years ago and their VCR and some money was stolen, after some investigation my aunty rang my cousin and said "Hey *****, come here and bring our bloody VCR back with you please!"
"I don't know what you're on about?" was his reply
"We know you took it, you left your bloody smokes and lighter on the kitchen table"

Lucky he hadn't had time to pawn it yet.

Reminds me of a bloke a mate of mine knew, who got done for a robbery. They caught this bloke pretty quickly because his getaway car had a 4 sale notice on it with his phone number.
by JK
Wed May 20, 2015 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

If the Crows promised 4000 per game and are only getting 2000 per game then the SANFL should send them an invoice for the shortfall.
2000 fans x 18 games x $10 average spend (not even going to bother with admission) = $360 k

That's what I said at the time we sold our soul, they should have been forced to underwrite an attendance figure if they were that confident/arrogant/full of shit about their drawing power.
by JK
Wed May 20, 2015 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

If the Crows promised 4000 per game and are only getting 2000 per game then the SANFL should send them an invoice for the shortfall.
2000 fans x 18 games x $10 average spend (not even going to bother with admission) = $360 k
I brought this up with Burtenshaw numerous times trying to get a straight answer due to Sturt having the highest match day overheads in the comp. Eventually he said that they wouldn't be overwriting a break even crowd for the host club.
They weren't putting their money where their mouth was. Now it's looking the same way with Power reserves and their attendances.

IF the Crows genuinely believed they were going to bring through big crowds why didn't they ever try to establish a home base and have their own matchday revenue?
by JK
Wed May 20, 2015 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

The Dark Knight wrote:Playing my 150th senior football game tomorrow. Halfway there.

I share the same milestone with a bloke who I've played alot of footy with aswell, making it more special.

Well done mate, enjoy it .. I thought similarly to you when I played mine but there wasn't a heap to follow.
by JK
Fri May 22, 2015 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

wristwatcher wrote:Back to the Grand North tonight as Mrs Wrist worked 8 hours both days this weekend and I thought she wasn't in the right head space to cook my dinner correctly ;)

by JK
Thu May 21, 2015 9:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Victorian logic

It's f$/&in ridiculous .. Players can't see the ball, spectators at the ground have issues, looks shithouse on TV .. Just close the thing once and for all
by JK
Sun May 24, 2015 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: My dog died today

Beautiful looking pup mate, sincere condolences, I know how much it hurts
by JK
Tue May 26, 2015 11:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (TV Spoilers, NO BOOK SPOILER

Q. wrote:Worst series yet. Ten minutes of Samwell goddam Tarly this week ffs.

Wouldn't think he'll get in that same position too often, be happy for the lad!!
by JK
Wed May 27, 2015 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

People who think their time is more important than yours. No matter a persons level of wealth, poverty, social or professional standing etc, time is the one currency that should be equal among us all, and respected as such.
by JK
Wed May 27, 2015 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Are the Bays Imploding?

Booney wrote:I heard the Bays are having a premiership reunion dinner later this year, yes?

I thought to myself, "Would any of them still be alive?"....

Oh yeah, who's premiership are they celebrating?
by JK
Thu May 28, 2015 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wasted Talent

Adrian McAdam
by JK
Fri May 29, 2015 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9 dribble

FU North killing my tips by playing like a bunch of softcocks .. Wtf is that Tarrant???
by JK
Sun May 31, 2015 6:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9 dribble

Booney wrote:What would be worse, supporting the Kangaroos or Richmond?

Richmond. The Kangas have won two flags since the Tigers last landed one.

This weekend just gone doesnt help the argument though
by JK
Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2015

bennymacca wrote:
JK wrote:Not much in there about the game mate

thats because its from a Titus O'reilly article that WUB has declined to attribute properly :D

Lol thats what I get for skim reading.
by JK
Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2015

I quite like Reid spending some minutes up forward .. If you have the KP forwards and backs he makes the perfect swingman.

I wouldn't give up on Tippett yet, he's still structurally important to the Swans and is capable of better performances.
by JK
Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Which safooty posters would you like to meet and why?

Lightning McQueen wrote:I reckon JK, Johno6 & MT79 all have similar minds to myself

;)
by JK
Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Failed Creation wrote:
carey wrote:I'd be happy to meet anyone who's happy to have a beer. Your buy of course. ;)

Catch up on Saturday night?

Schooners only for Carey remember
by JK
Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Johno6 wrote:Buy me dinner and a movie and I'll meet whoever is interested.

Must love dogs.

And long walks on the beach during sunset.

He'd still get lost
by JK
Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:sounds like we are gunna need a long weekend for this party!

Can you bring your Sophie Ellis Bextor cd?

Or else LM will burn this goddamn house right down
by JK
Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood vs West at Coopers Stadium Sunday 7th 2:10pm

Second Team wrote:West by 4 goals. Norwoods dominance is now officially over. Baulderstone to get a lazy 27 hitouts. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I guess if you say it long enough you'll have to be right eventually mate
by JK
Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Open Mike

Not an Open Mike topic as such, but another that's gut wrenching to watch is Neale Daniher .. The fact that he's a ripper bloke who still smiles and laughs just makes it even harder to see the effects of his affliction, and know what else is in store for him. :(
by JK
Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:
JK wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:
carey wrote:I'd be happy to meet anyone who's happy to have a beer. Your buy of course. ;)

Catch up on Saturday night?

Schooners only for Carey remember

Just seen on TV Sticks and Diesel both drinking a schooner at the hall of fame dinner. I feel much better now. ;)

Now you're a trendsetter!!
by JK
Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's your

Bucks fits those criteria ;)
Kelly, a wonderful player, was never considered as one of the best in the game - Bucks was in the triumvirate of Voss and Hird in the debate for that title for much of his career.
I think you'll find that the only people that will pick Bucks are Collingwood supporters, a great player nevertheless but wouldn't be in mine either.

I'd say that's more to do with bias against Bucks/Collingwood than bias for.

Not on my behalf, Buckley was a great footballer. I've backed him for a fair while now to be a good coach too.
by JK
Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's your "Team of More than a Century"??

There's a lot of champions to leave out .. Kernahan, Platten, O'Loughlin, Blight, Cousins, Peter Moore, Langford, Mew, Brereton and the list goes on. Pretty lucky to have seen so many great players.
by JK
Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Open Mike

True story;
I know a bloke who got up at 5am for work, showered and grabbed what he thought was a can of coke out the fridge on the way out they front door.
It was a beer. He drank it anyway. He thought it didn't taste too bad so he had another & then another.
He then rang in sick, demolished the remains of the fridge, cooked bacon & eggs and went back to bed.
He told us what he'd done that night at the pub when he came to have his second session of the day with us :lol:
Legendary.

I'll raise you:
One of my best mates is an accountant. He loves a beer/scotch but anything illegal's not his bag. He was living with two brothers who were right into pharmaceuticals. Being a proper bachelor pad, all three were pretty casual about dishes and cleaning up. Anyway, my mate, being a workaholic got up at six and went into work. As he was going he scraped together some toast, using a knife sitting on the bench. About 30 minutes later, he started to feel a bit weird and spacey. Things were moving around his office a little and he was feeling like he could knock off all the work he had assigned for the day. His flat mates had been using the butter knife to cut up speed the night before...

Good thing he ate, because he wouldn't have been hungry again for a while
by JK
Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jakovich would probably still find a way to spoil the King .. Those two gotta be amongst the best 1-on-1 contests of all time.
by JK
Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10 stuff

How funny was Walker keeping the ball in play
by JK
Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10 stuff

Carlton all over the Crows here
by JK
Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Failed Creation wrote:
marbles wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:
As usual, I'm last picked... :lol:

Failed creation = coach

I couldn't organise a root in a brothel... :D

You better get working on that coach, pre-season is in Waymouth St
by JK
Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

carey wrote:
JK wrote:
Booney wrote:Think Melbournes former skipper Jack Trengove.

That's precisely the words I was told by one of them

Were you talking to Booney with out knowing it?

Everytime I see Booney he's too busy with glass to mouth to talk
by JK
Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Get the feeling next week will be pretty big
by JK
Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Glenelg/North rivalry returning to the forums, just like the good old days. Best SANFL internet rivalry by a mile.
by JK
Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne 2015

Spargo wrote:Hit the 40,000 member mark today.

Good for you mate .. Would take courage to come out of the closet in such a big way ;)
by JK
Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 - a short one

Not sure if the Cats elder statesmen can keep this up so kinda expect Port to get on a roll next quarter .. That said Port still not showing anywhere near the lethal form they were last season.

Id say its the younguns keeping the cats in it.

Skill level is appalling here.

Similar to cats v bombers last week.

Thought Enright was big at moments, Taylor too and SJ wih and without the ball has been important. Cats kids do some excellent things mixed with mistakes, that's most kids I guess though. Stanley been excellent.
by JK
Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rivers been a great pickup for the Cats
by JK
Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Geez the umps Luv Goodes, what a crap decision
by JK
Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Had a tip from multiple unrelated sources for Fiftyshadesofgrey in the last at Sydney today
by JK
Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R9 - Glenelg v North @ Gliderol Stadium (Mon 8/6)

am Bays wrote:What a great thread.

I think I'll bump the Bays v Legs thread from May 2008 next, that was a good thread too....

Tempted to report this post
by JK
Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 4th Place (End of Minor Round)

How much are you betting on who takes 4th spot mate? 8)

Ha! No outlay on this one mate, just genuinely interested. I've had your mob pencilled in for it most of the season and still wouldn't rule them out completely, but if they havent turned it around by now it's a big enough ask just to make the 8, let alone the 4.

Leaning toward West Coast .. Don't think Collingwood are "there" against the better teams yet, and the Tiges will have peaked too early (maybe).

Just a genuine question because there doesn't appear to be a glaring standout.
by JK
Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

Thought it was pretty ordinary in the press conference that the journo's persisted inquiring about Dangerfields contract situation, even after Sloane clearly stated he wouldn't discuss anyone else's contractual standing. Was an important day for Sloane and his club, pay it the respect it deserves!
by JK
Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep, coincidence that Melisansdre rocked up just prior?
by JK
Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nick Murphy sacked

Really, what dots, i have no dots, i am without dots!?
I too am without dots. Well apart from the dot after dot. And that dot. Ok I have a few dots but none of them make sense....
I've got an Aunty Dot, what am I supposed to join her to?

I'll let you choose which one ;)

http://tracesofnuts.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/spoons.gif
by JK
Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R11: Glenelg v Norwood - Sunday 28 June @ Gliderol

Wow what a day at the Footy! Went hoping for a competitive effort but fully expecting a loss. While I certainly agree with Sudo about the movement of the ball out of defense at times, in general I like the way we are playing and it seems the players have confidence in the game plan. Things are definitely heading in the right direction, and hopefully we can go on and grab a few more wins between now and the end of the season.

Crowd was 3,640.

Could tell after our earlier game at the Parade that you were heading in the right direction. And on the flipside we've dropped back to the pack a bit. Comps pretty even these days, OK North are struggling a bit at the moment, but there's no opponent that can be taken lightly this year.
by JK
Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R11: Eagles v Centrals - Saturday 27 June @ MTO

Congratulations to Luke Jarrad btw. A player that frustrates opposition supporters by rarely getting caught with the ball, then covering plenty of ground before invariably rarely missing a target. I would have gladly had him at the Parade. Been a great contributor to his club and competition.
by JK
Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Transfer Rumours 2015/16 EPL Season

whufc wrote:West ham apparently looking at buying Borini from Liverpool for 8mil hope we don't end up getting him

Might be alright for you guys mate, but not sure I'd be looking at that much coin for him
by JK
Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

The way I've been running lately I was sure that thing was gonna run 4th lol
by JK
Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Phil Walsh murdered

Had the privilege of spending a few days in hospital earlier in the week, and took in the sites and sounds of other patients who unfortunately weren't in a good way. Speaking with my mates once I was out I was explaining how it gave me the perspective jolt I (and I would suggest many) probably needed - Really hit home how quickly the remaining time will go, and to get as much done as possible in that time, and spend as much of it as possible with loved ones. Im not sure if that added to the situation when news of Phil Walsh came through, but I genuinely implore people to get as much done as you'd like, because whilst we often feel like tomorrow will never come - It will! And we wont always know when.
by JK
Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R12: Norwood v Centrals - Saturday @ Norwood

phantom57 wrote:Bulldogs in a canter....Norwood to slide ? :lol: :lol:

Haha, Sturt fan happy with his own crap club so long as Norwood stinks it up .. Says so much about the culture at Unley :lol:
by JK
Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Premiership Odds SANFL 2015

Eagles should be favourites .. Look To me to be the best side and by a clear and comfortable margin. West probably represent the best value.
by JK
Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |