Search found 5 matches

Return

Re: HFL Central Division

Shown what exactly? Lets not forget that they went out in straight sets last year...

Anyway, Is anyone tipping Echunga to make finals yet?
Shown that you can become a competitive side even if you spend many years at the bottom and not winning games. They deserve some credit for their efforts and current results.
Echunga will play finals.
by always there
Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Playing a man on man game is likely the best option re Uraidla.

They come out the back of the stoppage nearly every time and have great skills.

Also prepared to hang on to the footy until someone is there to assist - even if it means getting caught.

Superior voice also and direct the match well among themselves.

It seems to all be about possession - if they have the footy you don't!
by Legs Man
Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My Tigers have put in 2 poor performances, hope it's not a repeat of last years form. Injuries can't be used an an excuse as all teams are in the same boat. Will be interesting to see how the boys respond in this weeks Courier Cup final at the Cabbage Patch.

All fixtures this week are are again 50/50, no results would surprise me. It's a bloody good comp!
by Yellow & Black
Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Clint Alleway to ironbank :)

Ironbank must have more money than sense.

What a depressing way to build a club, spend heaps of cash to recruit mercenary SANFL players (in this case, one with a terrible disciplinary record). You now have two A-graders in your team who are one major suspension away from being de-registered from the sport forever,

I know for a fact there are life-long Ironbank teenagers playing in your B Grade team that are becoming increasingly frustrated.

There's two ways to build a club. You could try the approach that some other teams such as Lobethal, Hahndorf and Bridgewater are taking and backing in your own youth. The Raiders team that defeated Onkas yesterday had 8 local 18 year old lads playing.
by Elmer J Thudpucker
Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hahndorf have been asked to prepare/plan for a GF but not guaranteed, will be decided closer and dependant on oval conditions etc. So not sure that the comment Legsman makes that HFL Officials are making a mockery about inspecting grounds etc is truly accurate. Any club hosting a GF should be given a bit of prewarning to prepare, the GF is not something you can whip together with a weeks notice.

Legsman you truly have some baggage with the HFL Officials (LOL)!

Re Mt Barker have heard the same Cracka, as the 'big new sports ground' funding off Springs Road has been pushed back. For the size of Mt Barker their facilities are pretty average. couldnt agree more that Callington best spot for the modies carnival.

Cheers Groovster - yes I get quite wary now of any sign of bias by the HFL and was likely a bit "strong" with my "mockery" wording.

It's the old adage of "Once bitten" that has tarnished my views.

Hey - the HFL may actually be on the right path allowing a club to actually plan toward something (albeit not allowing us to plan for Central)

Couldn't help myself - apology in advance ;)
by Legs Man
Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |