Search found 28 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2014

Cash 123 wrote:Geeez the PNU supporters have come out of the woodwork over the past 6 months

The real supporters were never in the woodwork to begin with. PNU till I die.
by Blackwhite
Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Blackwhite wrote:
Cash 123 wrote:Geeez the PNU supporters have come out of the woodwork over the past 6 months

The real supporters were never in the woodwork to begin with. PNU till I die.

Blackwhite how many times do I have to tell you not to talk to strangers or blokes who played in a GF and did not get a kick :D
by wristwatcher
Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No way in hell PNU will lose this tomorrow. Way to much riding on this game.
by Blackwhite
Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As good as Giannini's year has been, he is playing in a team where everyone is stealing votes off of each other. There is a handful of players that I can think of that will poll very well. Will be good to see someone from falconland take home the medal.

I feel a wager coming on BW. Choose your winner.

Would have to go with Giannini. He has had at least 4 (could argue more) clear best on ground performances and many other games where you would think he would poll at least 1 or 2 votes. When someone gets as much of the ball as he does, the umpires tend to take note.
by Blackwhite
Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 8 2014

scottroo wrote:Seems strange that we played tea tree gully away yesterday considering we finished higher :)

I'm not sure how much more to the point I can be..

For the best part B Grade gets no preference, you're just the curtain raiser, the dew kickers...
by Footy Chick
Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Junior Football

Has just been pointed out to me that PNU has won straight through to the GF in every red age group in NEMJFA except Under 15s to go along with its Under 18s winning straight through. Good times at Rosella Street.
by jo172
Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Full credit to both PNU and PAC for a great contest yesterday. The never say die attitude of both teams is to be admired.
by Blackwhite
Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Prices and times of grand finals

I should also add, if I'm getting on the Cans at 9 AM of the B Grade Grand Final (which knowing myself, I will be) I'll be well and truly cooking by 3/4 time of the A Grade at 3:00 pm. I don't suspect this is what the League is after.
by jo172
Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

As a host full credit to Smithfield. Won well and won graciously. Supporters were impeccable in terms of supporting the official bars and overall behavior.

Very impressed and a flag well deserved
by jo172
Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

jo172: does macca coach the u/18s as well as the A grade at PNU?

Yep. It's been an amazing blessing for the players as individuals and as a team to have a football person the quality of Garry coaching under 18s and a ridiculous boost to the club as a whole as it's made the transition from under 18s to seniors as seamless as possible. Our under 18 retention rates since he started coaching are near perfect (and have contributed greatly to our recent senior success)

36 wins from 39 games for Macca this year. Here's hoping the ratio stays that pretty come 4 pm Saturday!

awesome..i saw the pics on sunday and thought he looked he was the coach..that is a fantastic set up for retention and also attraction..

I reckon what Macca has done at PNU over the years would probably be one of the all time greatest feats in SAAFL history the way he has developed and led the club. Champion bloke and obviously extremely dedicated. Have had the pleasure of meeting him and coaching against him. Good wishes for Saturday guys. :)
by Yank Man
Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just read the Sports Beats' description of PNU's recent history of failing on the big stage.

Please tell me no money from our calls goes to this?
by jo172
Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A story that got missed in the drunken haze of the last 5 days was (and I hate pissing in this bloke's pocket) Grae Grant's return from a brain tumour that was meant to see him miss the whole season, to be allowed to play, then to cap it off with BOG in a Grand Final and 2 last quarter goals.

Hollywood stuff
by jo172
Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 1 - 2015

Maccas a better bloke. Maccas wins. Discussion over. Sorry Millsy :)
by wristwatcher
Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Junior Football

I like that we're going to have some kids who will lose their virginity before ever playing in a competitive football game
by jo172
Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Payneham to be a force in div 1 in 2015. Cant go anywhere without hearing positive news about the falcons

So PNU have picked up a North player, Stuart players possibly a few Norwood players and possibly a few centrals players.

And Leon Davis.

And Alan Didak.

And Shane Tuck

And Michael Hanlan
by wristwatcher
Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good one.

At least we know it isn't Tex coaching...is there an ad he ins't in at the minute? :lol:
by Footy Chick
Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

marbles wrote:PNU 2 wins from 3 are looking goods too for the div 1 new comers

All PNU knows is that last time PNU was in Div 1 it took them 18 rounds to get that second win. A lot more fun so far!
by jo172
Sun May 03, 2015 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Im really looking forward to heading out to Perteringa this week for easily the GrassRoots game of the week when equal top placed TTG host PNU in the acronym cup. PNU will face its toughest challenge this year in its quest for a 7th straight win. I wouldn't have thought many if any would have had these 2 units in their top 3 albeit only round 8. TTG have had a good run with injuries and a sublime form line whilst The Falcs should get 2-3 back as well after a well earned week off and a quality bonding session at Gentlemans night in which "The Rex" stole the show from all reports.

Should be a huge day for some quality match ups and who knows how the magnets will fall. Some of the likely match ups may be ;
Cockshell v Milne - 2 form players of the league going head to head to give their team first use
Hand v Klemm - 2 sensational on ballers capable of owning the clearances and setting up multiple forward thrusts
Sandrey v Giannini - the rolls royces of their respective units
The dynamic duos of Melville and Bollmyer at one end and Langford and Jolly at the other could make it a shoutout

I'm tipping a huge crowd from 2 clubs with the equal biggest junior program's in the State and huge supporter bases. Parking the car around the oval to a full house and a big game of quality Div 1 footy. Maybe even a cuttla froths to ease the nerves. This one really could go either way and hopefully it's a close one. Logic would suggest TTG div one experience may give it the slight edge but PNU seem to be relishing the challenge of being doubted and have risen to every challenge. This one is harder to pick than a broken nose :)
by Happy Endings
Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Milne BOG for PNU and Clinton 2nd best for SN, did they not go near each other all day?

Anyone that watched that game shed any light, baffles me that 2 blokes going head to head in the ruck can both have such an influence on the game?

Clinton absolutely destroyed Milne and that was the key to them beating PNU so easily.

Absolutely destroyed him :roll: Please. That's why he was named PNU's best. Still a panel led my Garry McIntosh wouldn't know anywhere near as much as an anonymous poster.

Beating them so easily. 5 goals and pretty much the same amount of scoring shots. Apart from the first quarter it looks an even contest.

I suppose Salisbury North would have won the flag had they not lost their points.
by wristwatcher
Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Milne BOG for PNU and Clinton 2nd best for SN, did they not go near each other all day?

Anyone that watched that game shed any light, baffles me that 2 blokes going head to head in the ruck can both have such an influence on the game?

Clinton absolutely destroyed Milne and that was the key to them beating PNU so easily.

Destroyed? Surely you're joking. Milne's around the ground work was phenomenal. If Milne didn't play, PNU would've went down by 10 goals. Get your eyes checked before you post again, < no name calling please, it's his opinion and he's entitled to it without backlash>
by Blackwhite
Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

Seriously, when's the last time Athelstone won a final?
by jo172
Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Did you happen to catch the game yesterday Marbles. You are pretty quiet today :)

Grenade time ; Are Henley the new Seaton ;)
by wristwatcher
Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:TTG are depleted. PNU are pretty much having a GF spot handed to them

lel
by jo172
Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cobb played just his 3rd game for the year and Blackwell hadn't played for a month. Seems strange they would play in such an important game. Only natural to think the two boys who missed out as a result might not be too happy. Reserves are top so its not as if they don't have depth

And bottom line Cobb has been out of playing top line footy for a long time. If it was legends week TTG, Goodwood and PNU should have been informed to let Klaebe, Mills and Macca* pull on the guernseys.

*we've made inquiries (admittedly for D Grade). His legendary SANFL career (and the suspensions incurred within) have him banned from registration Australia wide

EDIT - the other way of looking at it is that the PNU side that beat Henley had 2 players over 25 and none over 27 . The style of footy Div 1 is at now skews young
Paul Lowe is 29 inches tall

Edited for accuracy :)
by wristwatcher
Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For what its worth....the two umpires that did the TTG/Payneham game have just been appointed to the G/F: go to http://www.saafl.asn.au
Well hopefully they let the game flow and do what good umpires do - go unnoticed.

To quote Happy Gilmore "Green jacket, gold jacket, who gives a shit!"... Whilst I will cry BAAAALLLLL like a sheep, complain that Jolls never gets a fair go and even let out a how did he miss that, what game is he watching... I wont be worrying about umpiring, they might be good, they might be bad, they may even cost us the game with a questionable decision but at the end of the day there just two blokes trying to do a job under a truckload of pressure.

You're spot on, I hope they go un-noticed but at the end of the day - "It is what it is", I wish them all the best for the day and hope they have a good game.
by wristwatcher
Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Worst grand final ever. 3200 there but no atmosphere. I'm the best go chics
by The Big Shrek
Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tactically, both teams seemed to setup quite defensively and the game was played mostly in congestion. That being said, it was a fierce and physical contest and, considering that, I thought it was well umpired because they just let the players throw themselves at the contest.
by Q.
Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |