Search found 620 matches

Return

Re: Australian International Season 2022/23

Steve Smith will Captain.

Cummins ruled out Boland is confirmed as in.

Is Warner VC then?

Let's hope so. What could go wrong?

Personally I don't really 'like' the Australian team - I agree with some media outlets who say we are a bit 'on the nose'.

Despite this, I am going Friday - and I hope the Windies fight tooth and nail before losing inside 3 days.
by gadj1976
Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

I have 1 or 2% interest (clearly taking a lot of notice) in a horse racing in R1 @ Morphettville today.

Splish Splash

Trialled well but is $2.45.

It's a $55k race so we're hoping in a 5 horse race we will get the chocolates.

Edit... 4 horse race with a scratching.
by gadj1976
Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2023 season

stampy wrote:are we the best side ever without a coach??!!

Just coach themselves I reckon. Players (not saying Glenelg specifically) seem to know best these days.
by gadj1976
Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

MW wrote:For those playing at home...

Holy mother of god.... that's a fair effort. Glad everyone is physically ok MW.
by gadj1976
Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Corona Man wrote:As I originally aggravated it at work, the HR guy wanted me to go to a GP. I guess some type of diagnosis and a referral is the order of things.

I prefer physio over chiropractic. Just personal choice really.

Muscular issues, I go to physios. Structural issues I go to chiros.
by gadj1976
Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Modernising Test Cricket

I'm not sure this would modernise the game, but bring Test Cricket back to the most sought after format of the game. And to do that, it needs to be financially viable for players to strive after. I'm not sure most test playing nations have their best players striving for test cricket.

To modernise the game;

Pink ball - less interruptions for bad light which has been a blight on the Sydney test
A MINIMUM of 90 overs per day (I've watched a lot of cricket and can't honestly remember the last time I've seen 90 overs in a day)
Day night tests all around Australia
Remove the '3' reviews per inning
Flexibility in the scheduling, with teams, grounds and also timeslots especially when there is time lost as again we've seen in Sydney.

The WTC has been great but its flawed due to the standard of the game. If Sth Africa are third prior to this series then there is something seriously wrong.
by gadj1976
Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

and make it affordable to go.
by gadj1976
Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It’s not like the A-league gets poor attendances yet millions are watching at home on tv despite the fact soccer has the highest participation rate in the country… the poor attendances reflect the lack of interest in that competition
Contradiction much?

What I was meant to say is that the A league gets shit crowds attending and it also gets shit viewing ratings on tv.

What sport can you think of gets shit attendances yet gets huge tv audiences. There is normally a fairly direct correlation.

Maybe horse racing is one….

Horse racing and NRL
by gadj1976
Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sooo.... what didya get?

Yep, that's what the cardio said,
you hear about people dropping dead/dying in their sleep, this is why & doctors don't seem to tell people to get their heart checked but it seems that everyone should get at least an ECG done.

That's interesting Gazz. Because of Shane Warne's passing and a few others, and listening to podcasts bemoaning 'go and get your heart checked if you are over 45/50' and as part of a normal yearly checkup, I went to the GP and asked about getting an ECG. He quickly said that unless there is a really good reason to do so, then I shouldn't bother.

When he checked my blood pressure, I was at about 180 over something, way too high. Even still, I wasn't sent off for an ECG. So I wonder how, why and when I'd qualify for one.

My blood pressure is under control now thanks to medication.

I hope your op goes well Gazz and you have a speedy recovery - but yes, give up the netball!
by gadj1976
Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW 2022

Well done Daisy (Pearce that is)

Booney made a good point and I don't get the trashing of people in relation to women's footy. My dad has been heavily involved in women's footy at it's second/third inception in the 90's and the standard has improved from then to now in leaps and bounds.

I worked with a Crows premiership player who was lamenting that she still had to work and it couldn't be a full time gig. I said to her, 100 years ago, the pioneers of Aussie rules must've thought the same thing, but if it weren't for them, we wouldn't have what we have today. Her grandchildren will thank her for her contribution to the sport as it will be much improved in 50 years time. In the meantime, we should enjoy watching it grow.
by gadj1976
Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sooo.... what didya get?

Thanks lads, yes, I am going back as a check for the blood pressure meds so I'll ask again.

Cheers
by gadj1976
Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Only time ever....

You all spelt Gus Logie wrong, that format was built for him. And electric in the field.

Can't fit them all, that is how brilliant they were.
Brilliant. As good as Clive was (my favorite cricketer from the 70’s) Logie would have had him in short form IMO.

TDK will have an erection when he reads this [emoji38] Haha!
I know how good the Windies were in the 80s and 90s reading and hearing about them but I actually don't have a big emotional connection to them like you guys do given they were before my time but it's always great to learn more about them. Booneys piece of trivia is very interesting one yet sad.

Mate, youtube them. Seriously, THE best lineup of all time.

Test averages below.

Just think.... as an opening bowler, you bowl to Greenidge (av 44) and Haynes (av 42) and waltz into Viv Richards at three (av 50), then you breeze into Lloyd (av 46), into Alvin Kallicharan (av 44), Lawrence Rowe could hardly get a gig at that time and he averaged 43. Not many teams would beat that team, ever! When you consider bat technology, they'd hit 1000's!

And then there was the bowling through the eras, early on being Roberts, Croft, Garner, Holding, Daniel, (**** scary by all accounts), Marshall, then later Walsh, Bishop (injury prone) and Ambrose.

I really am disappointed that I didn't ever see Bradman bat but I'm really glad I saw this mob play because THEY are the benchmark.
by gadj1976
Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Whilst I don't watch MAFS - I do get a huge laugh out of James Weir's articles on News.com.au. Brilliantly articulated. I'll call it FAF's. Funny as F***.
by gadj1976
Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Buying a House

Mine is a bee's dick under 6.

Mind if I ask what you said to your bank to get them to lower it? Been meaning to speak to mine for ages. I was thinking of the standard "I've seen a better rate elsewhere etc." if I can't think of anything better.

I firstly asked what my rate was (knowing full well what it was) then said "can I get a better rate because I'm shopping around for a better rate but would like to give you first opportunity". Knowing your rate, knowing that other banks are offering a $4000 transfer bonus works in your favour.

It's a pretty easy conversation. You can walk away/call their bluff because it's such a competitive market. I think it's BankSA that are offering the $4k. A mate of mine did the same thing with his bank and they gave him a 1.5% discount and a $1500 non transfer bonus!

Like any negotiation, car/house etc, be prepared to walk. The problem WITH walking to another institution is the paperwork involved. But for $4k and a huge reduction in ongoing costs, I see it as a great investment of time.
by gadj1976
Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian tour of India 2023

I've not quite understood the love for this aussie team. They have demolished incredibly mediocre teams at home the last 3 to 4 years, the only good team they played in India they lost to who had half a side missing for some of it. They have barely played away for 4 years, they beat a very average side in Pakistan 1 zip which going by the past 12 months turns out wasn't that hard and then they drew 1 all with a pretty average sri lankan side. To me they have turned into the India of the 2000s where they just dominate the middle rung teams at home but aren't as good as advertised.

I really don't like the Aussie side. But I do agree with your summarisation of the Aussies' feats recently. They're only average.
by gadj1976
Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFLW Season 2023

My kids club, Modbury has 7 girls playing either development squad or SANFLW tomorrow night. That's with 1 or 2 out injured NOT able to play as well for the Dogs and Norwood. A phenomenal feat when you think about it.

8 of 21 kids in the side that played in 2021/2022 for Modbury, playing for SANFLW teams.

Well done girls and best of luck to you all.
Must've had a fricking elite premiership girls side this year.

Yes, and that's without Hickey, Ebert x 2 playing as they were overage for 16's.
by gadj1976
Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Buying a House

You guys are legends.......!

5 minutes on the phone....told the lady times were tough and we have spoken to Bank SA who are offering 4.75% plus $4000 cashback (as per their website) and that whilst we had a great experience with Beyond Bank the offer was to good to refuse.

Without even consulting her manager she said we could move to a total home loan on $4.94% down from 6.24% we are paying now and she would waiver the fees associated with that home loan package which was an annual fee of $395.

Day made!!!!!

Well done mate. That's great to hear and well played too!
by gadj1976
Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So, like the rest of the nation, I'm stunned by the stupidity of the Aust batting today, and I really cannot fathom the reverse sweep in test scenarios.

IMO, sweeping is high risk, especially on decks like this one. Reverse sweeping is ridiculously high risk, so why would you do it - to get a few runs against the traditional field placings? HUGE risk vs little reward IMO. Slog sweeping, like Cummins did is just plain Z grade cricket tactics. "Let's show em, I'll slog the first one for 6 and that'll teach em." Mate, you're the captain, we're 6/95, pull your head in.

That was the worst batting I've seen from an Australian line up, ever. And I've seen some shockers. But not one player wanted to actually pitch in and keep their wicket. It was real T20 stuff and completely f'd us over.

I watched the Indians use their feet to the spinners in the second dig and I didn't see that once from our batsman. Just terrible technique from our line up.

I wonder if Andrew McDonald will ring Langer for a few hints - cos he looked baffled in the stands. Obviously they'd decided to use the sweep as a tactic before the test. Jadeja after the game said that it was a dumb tactic (not exact words) on that pitch. How can we get it so wrong?

Rant over
by gadj1976
Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

So proud of my lad today.

My lad plays U14's for a district club and we needed about 80 in the last 10 overs when he went in. Personally, I gave us no hope as I'd never seen more than 40 hit in the 10 overs in this grade. Anyway, he scored 38 off 27 to help guide his team to a victory. He hit the biggest six I've seen in this grade, hitting the roof of the nearby shed on the full - which would be at least a 65 meter hit (on a 47/48 meter boundary oval). Two sixes, two fours and unluckily run out off a dropped catch by the bowler 7 runs away from victory. The boys got us home in a thriller with 1 ball to spare.

Well done mate, very proud of your efforts.
by gadj1976
Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

So proud of my lad today.

My lad plays U14's for a district club and we needed about 80 in the last 10 overs when he went in. Personally, I gave us no hope as I'd never seen more than 40 hit in the 10 overs in this grade. Anyway, he scored 38 off 27 to help guide his team to a victory. He hit the biggest six I've seen in this grade, hitting the roof of the nearby shed on the full - which would be at least a 65 meter hit (on a 47/48 meter boundary oval). Two sixes, two fours and unluckily run out off a dropped catch by the bowler 7 runs away from victory. The boys got us home in a thriller with 1 ball to spare.

Well done mate, very proud of your efforts.
How good!

You can't beat experiences like that in sport imho. There's something about cricket, with your team mates on the sidelines riding every bump and cheering every run that's so rewarding. Checking the scores every 5 seconds, drawn out tension, next batter in with butterflies.

Nice to finish the season on a high

To add to the drama, the opposition found out at the 25 over mark (40 over game), they were in the in the finals IF they were to defeat us. Both teams' parents knew this and it added to the atmosphere of the day.
by gadj1976
Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2022/2023

Are they sending us back in and going for the outright?
by gadj1976
Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Ultimate Footy charging $20 each to enter! Surprisingly now you have to log into it with an AFL ID. Who'd have thought.
by gadj1976
Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

locky801 wrote:Cummins staying home for the rest of the Indian tour (fair enough as well)

Smith to continue to captain

I did look back at that poor shot he made in test 2 when we capitulated and wonder if he had something else on his mind at the time. Poor shot no doubt but he had a lot going on, clearly.
by gadj1976
Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial Games 2023

Brucetiki wrote:Out of curiosity how come Norwood moved their trials away from Norwood?

Cos they are getting it ready for Gather Round
by gadj1976
Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Season 2023

Rik E Boy wrote:
DOC wrote:I don't think that was any error. Deliberate.

Yeah Lyono is a sneaky ****.

regards,

REB

He'd be ruling a line through blokes already. Problem is, he has to keep playing them till the season ends.
by gadj1976
Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2022/2023

Lehmann ton

SHOVE IT UP THE HATERS

:supz:
Give a bloke enough chances he's bound to eventually put in a good score. Just secured his contract for the next 2 years!!

He should have been given the arse at the start of the season.

Who would you have replaced him with?

Surely there is a 3rd grader in NSW waiting in the wings?
by gadj1976
Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

whufc wrote:For the worlds most village piece of cricket check out the 4 hour and 5 minute mark when a couple of run outs occur in consecutive balls. It's the second run out.

https://fb.watch/jnonMgvRlD/

Worthy of being in the European Cricket League that dismissal.
by gadj1976
Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Our club's junior program has resulted in 3 players playing in North's squad this weekend, 2 in Norwood and 1 in Centrals. Whilst 3 have made the U16 or U18 state teams.

Very happy with the way the girls (now ladies) have developed as players, given where they started.

Best of luck 'girls'.
by gadj1976
Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 3 - 2023

I’ve gone from literally watching 9 games a week to actually losing interest in watching any at all this year. I’ve tried but I’m just not in it, is it just me or has the product just totally dropped off?

Just a terrible brand of footy in my opinion

I watch Carlton games and not much else. It's a horrible brand of footy, over officiated and over analysed.

I'd rather watch my local D3 team play on a weekend than that tripe.
by gadj1976
Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 3 - 2023

whufc wrote:The Fredericks celebration…..brilliant!!!

How friggen good was that?
by gadj1976
Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:1 - 9
2 - 5
3 - 5
4 - 1
5 - 2
6 - 4
7 - 8
8 - 5

$280.13 all up place.

Rubbish day.... again.

your council does bin runs on a public holiday? :?

May as well. The form guide is in there.
by gadj1976
Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 4

Typical umpire, no feel for the game, get out of his way.

Strangely, I think that does more for the relationship between players and umpires than any contrived options put forward to date.

That was just a human reaction to an incident on field where both were caught unaware of their surrounds. Play on.
by gadj1976
Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So now the dust is settling on Gather Round, I'd be interested in knowing what tangible benefits to each SANFL club were. Seems like all of them had AFL clubs training/conducting clinics at some point. Were these well attended and did they generate any additional revenue for the clubs?
Also - given we will have 3 more years of it at least, and assuming the Parade gets another couple of games each year, does that favour them financially? (Genuine question - I dont know if they benefited at all financially or whether the coffers went to the AFL/SANFL only?)

Hard to know exact numbers but Unley had approx 2k for the Carlton session. I suggest they would've sold a fair bit through the canteen as we had to wait an hour for them to hit the playing surface.

I can't speak for the Collingwood session at Unley though.
by gadj1976
Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Under 18s and Under 16s

Get around former Ingle Farm now Modbury young gun Blake Oudshoorn-Bennier in the 16's - 4 matches and averaging a tick under 36 disposals a match at a ridiculous 84% DE!

Gun. Really come along since we had that chat.

Averaging 40 before the chat Bedge?

:-)

I laugh because despite playing at Modbury (my son and daughter's club) the previous couple of years we claim him, much like Australia does for Sam Neill, Phar Lap and Russel Crowe.

You're dead right though - outright jet.
by gadj1976
Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Four Umpire System = Debacle

We've had a lot of shit foisted upon us by AFL House over the past few seasons but the four umpire system takes the cake. I have many well known pet hates in modern footy but if I could change ONE thing it would be to abolish the four umpire system.

Australian Rules, and especially at the AFL level, would have to be one of the most difficult codes to officiate. The last thing we need is 9 extra umpires thinning out the talent pool. One of the sure signs of poor officiating is when the players are confused. How many times have seen confused players this season? The absolute height of comedy concerning the four umpiring system occurred in the Collingwood-St Kilda game. No one knew WTF was going on.

It's he said, she said umpiring by committee and a complete disaster for the game. There is already too much emphasis on umpires and it appears to me that some are making decisions simply to justify their existence. PISS THIS SHIT OFF. [/rant].

regards,

REB

This topic was raised with Stephen Hocking at the Q & A session after Geelong's training session at Woodville on Saturday as it was something that was trialled during in his days at the AFL.
According to Hocking the theory behind it was a to reduce the distance covered by the umpires during a game and ultimately keep them in the game longer. From memory it was mentioned that umpires could run upwards of 15km a game with the 3 umpire system, with the introduction of the 4th it could drop to 8 - 9 km, as a result last weekend a couple of the umpires who did the Thursday night game also did another game on Sunday. He also mentioned that 4 or 5 years ago there were 30 umpires and around a third were over 40 years old, there are now just over 40 umpires and they have been able to bring in some younger ones but also retain the experience to support them by reducing the workload.

Again, it's the rules that are the issue, not the umpires.
by gadj1976
Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 8

Armchair expert wrote:Van Rooyen decision upheld

just come out and say you want players to pull out of contests Gil

What a farce.

I really can't watch this competition any more.

Remember when Jon Brown got knocked out running back with the flight? What would happen now - the pack who hit him would get 3 weeks each!?
by gadj1976
Tue May 09, 2023 10:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

my 13 year old daughter getting her first goal on the weekend in aussie rules after 17 games. The boundary umpire may or may not have been fist pumping rather than fetching the ball from behind the goals... :lol:

Awesome!

Nothing better than seeing your daughter kick their first goal. It's different when the lad kicked his first goal. He was 5! My daughter was 12.
by gadj1976
Mon May 15, 2023 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

From what i can gather, the people making the allegations arent willing to speak to the investigators, correct??

Now if this was anyone else, any other group of people, they would be told if youre not going to speak we will have no other option but to close the investigation and move on. Not that this helps Clarkson, Fagan or Burt as mud sticks but this is the way it should go. The tip toeing through the tulips because the accusers are indigenous is the problem here. None of this is politically correct so its not an option the AFL will take.

The indigenous lads have been let down by the AFL also here, 8 months and nothing has happened, 8 months and zero leadership by the AFL.

Jordan Lewis was very strong on 360 tonight about how the Hawks have handled this, sounds like they have made some serious errors here.

Frustratingly North cop the fall out from this despite having no role in it at all.

What realistically can the AFL do if the indigenous lads refuse to be interviewed as has been mentioned?
Close it and move on.
by gadj1976
Fri May 19, 2023 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA v WA

As I've said elsewhere, a state game played in the traditional time slot of 3pm Friday afternoon.

What a joke.

Best of luck to the Sturt boys and yes, as others have said, don't get injured.
by gadj1976
Fri May 19, 2023 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Booney wrote:Balaklava R1 #9 - Who's Afraid. Has had 4 starts for 4 places, nabbed very late at Murray Bridge last start and ready to win.
PatowalongaPirate wrote:Sale R7 #11 e/w at juicy odds
Canterbury R7 #8

I'm on Balak and Canterbury, best of luck lads and thanks
by gadj1976
Wed May 24, 2023 12:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 5

It's tough, some clubs need to bite the bullet and consider amalgamating, their history never leaves them but then they can survive.
Times will never get any easier, double the volunteers available and move on, embrace the future.

From my knowledge, you'll have half the volunteers. Most will be aligned with one of the clubs and that wont transition over to an amalgamated club.
by gadj1976
Fri May 26, 2023 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RD7 NORTH VS POWER PROSPECT OVAL SATURDAY 27/5 2:10PM

mal wrote:Last time they played against each other
NA 20-16 [136]
PA 1-4 [10]

Wowee! Some change there.
by gadj1976
Sat May 27, 2023 8:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rik E Boy wrote:What on earth is wrong with the Redlegs this season? Injuries, form or both? Still Owen disgraceful.

regards,

REB

Nothing. Personally I'm very happy with their form.
by gadj1976
Thu May 25, 2023 10:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

I really fear the next generation of people coming through.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... ick-9lruWw

I'm dumbfounded.
by gadj1976
Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Season 2023

Geez pile on blokes!!!
I know you all hate Collingwood with a passion and that's fine.
But some of your comments....like tried to kill him are ******* ridiculous.
I've acknowledged what he did by today's standards is wrong.
However, the player must expect contact in that situation and to avoid getting killed, protect himself.
Now, it wouldn't matter if a port bloke lined up a Collingwood bloke in the exact same situation, id still say the same thing.
Protect yourself at all times. He saw him coming, turn your body while giving the handball.
I've no idea how players survived in the 70's and 80's.
Oh wait yeah I do, they were taught to protect themselves in a 50/50 contest. You jump to victim status pretty quick then. Pile on? Hardly. Most people calling you out for your black and white glasses.

Plenty of guys knocked out in thr 70/80s. They just had to deal with it and get up and play the next week.

Obviously we know so much more about head injuries now and rhe effect on thr 70/80/90s are coming through.
All I'm saying is this wouldn't be an issue if the bloke protected himself .
Seems to be a lost skill.

<instigates another pile on>

Not that I wish injury or hurt on anyone, but I will laugh if a Collingwobble player gets knocked out because 'he didn't protect himself'.
by gadj1976
Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton

Everytime I hear of TDK I think of this personally but that's cos of my age. Anyway, I digress.

TDK.JPG

We kick goals, we win most of those games of footy. We crumb in the forward line, we win those games of footy. Whilst I was impressed with Ash Hansen in the way he speaks, I have zero regard for his coaching prowess today, as our forward line is as dysfunctional as Melbourne's in 2019, prior to winning the flag.
by gadj1976
Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You know you're nearing 50 in Adelaide, when you remembe

Wedgie wrote:Why did you need one Dutchy, I'm almost 53 and have never needed one.
I'm actually amazed despite my lifestyle how I'm rarely sick compared to people in their 20s and 30s.

See, alcohol cures everything!

I'm the same Wegs. Touch wood.
by gadj1976
Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 2023

Joe Root is a champion batsman and a handy offspinner
But England cant pick him as a frontline spinner
England has to pick a frontline spinner- no matter who it is

The way England bats, and should the weather not affect any game , it looks like a 3-2 win for one of the teams
I predict 2-2 and a draw
David Warner potentially can either win or lose this series for Australia

i think he's a very good spinner. Should be a front liner but concentrates on batting (for good reason!).
by gadj1976
Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Junior codes

I can confirm they do, but are hamstrung by the rules and regs which state that teams can't be regraded more than 1 division. Also, a team that has been regraded, can't be re-regraded after playing a game in that competition. A team that hasn't been regraded wont generally be regraded after Rd4.

I don't agree with it, because I've said numerous times to them that its ridiculous.
That's honestly stupid.

I don't "know" but I do believe Glenunga got a few girls back into their D1 side from SANFLW clubs, hence strengthening their D3 side. This makes it even more difficult to manage.

I'll be happy to be corrected by someone at Glenunga though.
by gadj1976
Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SA U18 Girls defeat SA U23 Women

SA’s U18 Girls team tuned up for the resumption of its 2023 AFL National Championship campaign in fine style with a convincing 51-point win against SA U23 at Thebarton Oval.

Leading at every change, the SA U18 Girls broke the game open in the second term by kicking 4.3 to 0.2 after having just a three-point advantage at quarter-time.

By the final break, Jason Rivett’s charges had the game well under control after holding their older opponents scoreless during the third term while kicking another 3.1.

South Adelaide’s Holly Ifould was the standout choice as MVP for the SA U18 Girls who also had fellow Panther Brooke Boileau and Eagle Jemma Charity perform strongly.

West’s Lucy Boyd was the leading goal kicker for the match with three while Boileau and Sturt pair Zara Walsh and India Rasheed kicked two goals each.

Bloods ball magnet Zoe Venning continued her brilliant individual season as she added to her selection in The Advertiser SANFLW Team of the Year with the MVP award for the SA U23 team.

Glenelg’s Marie Martino was alsh high among the best for the U23 team, as was natural goalsneak Alysha Healy, who booted two of her side’s three goals for the contest.

The SA U18 Girls team will face Victoria Metro on Sunday July 9 at Avalon Airport Oval in Melbourne before finishing with a match against Queensland on Saturday July 15 at Adelaide Oval, a curtain-raiser to the Adelaide v GWS AFL game.

Sunday June 25

SA U18 1.3 5.6 8.7 11.7 (73)
SA U23 1.0 1.2 1.2 3.4 (22)

BEST
SA U18: Holly Ifould, Jemma Charity, Brooke Boileau, Zara Walsh, Alissa Brook, India Rasheed
SA U23: Zoe Venning, Marie Martino, Alysha Healy, Tahlita Buethke, Tesharna Maher, Caitlin Wendland

GOALS
SA U18: Lucy Boyd 3, Zara Walsh, India Rasheed, Brooke Boileau 2, Marlie Fiegert, Jemma Charity
SA U23: Alysha Healy 2, Caitlin Wendland

Having been involved in the junior girls system for a few years, I did say that the 'new' generation of girls will be better than the 'current' generation. However, I didn't expect this, nor did one of the U18 girls I spoke to yesterday.

I wonder if the 18/23 combined side took on the SANFLW combined side, how they'd fare.

In saying that, the future is bright for the women's competition moving forward.
by gadj1976
Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |