Search found more than 2114 matches

Return

Re: WEIGHT LOSS + the challenge

For the first time on 30 years Ive joined a gym :shock: been enjoying it so far, my legs have always been OK due to my bike riding however fair to say the waist up hasn't had much attention over the last decade :lol:

So far have been hitting the rowing machine, stair master and machines that I don't know the names of but work the arms and chest, only been going a week but unreal how well it makes you feel physically and mentally.

As its all new to me any hints and tips are appreciated!
by Dutchy
Fri May 05, 2023 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For the first time on 30 years Ive joined a gym :shock: been enjoying it so far, my legs have always been OK due to my bike riding however fair to say the waist up hasn't had much attention over the last decade :lol:

So far have been hitting the rowing machine, stair master and machines that I don't know the names of but work the arms and chest, only been going a week but unreal how well it makes you feel physically and mentally.

As its all new to me any hints and tips are appreciated!

Neither of us going to be sculpting mate so my suggestion would be to "push" weights one day and "pull" weights the next. That's how I alternate between exercises.

Chest, shoulders, triceps the push.
Lats, sit down row, biceps the pull.

I do one day of each per week, the third visit is just cardio.

Never thought of it like that, good tip!
by Dutchy
Fri May 05, 2023 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Armchair expert wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I didn't realise that employees of a radio station were eligible for prizes??? :?

Let guess it was that Cosi flog?

Close :lol:
by Dutchy
Mon May 08, 2023 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Grange this Friday.

I was looking forward to the day, still am, but not with as much excitement as before. We have a voucher for 4 rounds + 2 carts. I know my ability, average but I play ( not often enough mind you ) and we were taking some guests, one plays of 21 so again, capable. That's all gone to shit and I'm now going with two blokes who have never, I repeat, NEVER played golf before. F*ck me.

oh boy good luck, course should be in ripping knick if you can find the short stuff.
by Dutchy
Mon May 08, 2023 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Betting Sites, Good or Bad

Spargo wrote:Just got offered $200 to cash out on the Celtics.

What a scam :lol:

Should you choose you can Lay Boston on BF for $200 which will cost you $360 in liability, so you can get your $200 but still have them running for $640 if they win.
by Dutchy
Mon May 08, 2023 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 8

MW wrote:
Based on outcome not act..

Can we go back to 1984 and replay the Prelim with Super Carey playing then please?
by Dutchy
Wed May 10, 2023 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sneaking off early today to play a casual 9 at the Vines before sundown, haven't been there since March so looking forward to it, have pulled the old 2 iron out and see if I can still hit it and try to land on more of the short stuff from the tee.

A couple of weeks back I went and played McCracken, hit 42 on the front and 52 on the back, typical from me when I lay 18 lately :oops: only hit 3 fairways so Driver it miles off it at the moment. While McCracken is still a good challenging track, I remember it from the 90's when its condition was pristine. Would love them to do a Mt Compass type do-over and make it a premium course again.
by Dutchy
Fri May 12, 2023 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Vines in ripping nick, better than in summer, played back 9 start with a par on the 10th & then the hard 12th, in between a quadruple bogey on 11th :oops: :roll: :lol:

Ended up with a reasonable 45, got 4 pars without hitting a GIR which I was happy with, the other holes stunk.

The 2 iron worked magnificently off the tee, only used it twice on the 12th and 15th - both went just over 200m and importantly were in the middle of the fairway, it hasn't deserved sitting in the shed for the last 15 years, will stay in the bag.

For those that haven't been there for a while, the big tree behind the 1st green and the one between the 10th & 12th greens have been pulled out, also doing a small extension outside the pro shop, not sure whats going on.
by Dutchy
Fri May 12, 2023 10:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

#1 son kicking 3 goals on the weekend in a good win, great to see him enjoying his footy again with mates in a new environment, he is even doing proper recovery on Sundays :shock:
by Dutchy
Mon May 15, 2023 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

#1 son kicking 3 goals on the weekend in a good win, great to see him enjoying his footy again with mates in a new environment, he is even doing proper recovery on Sundays :shock:

Alright mate, no need for the oneupness :lol:

haha I hit submit and saw you had beaten to me, almost deleted it, almost :lol:

Saw a game of u17.5 girls footy out at Hope Valley yesterday, was really impressed with the standard and the ball moving seamlessly from end to end, its certainly coming along really well.
by Dutchy
Mon May 15, 2023 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Keep going lads, 2 weeks ago I managed 5 mins on the rower on the easiest setting, last night I got out to 20 mins on the 2nd hardest power setting, Im not going to step on the scales for a while, going to focus on the process for the first couple of months. Im feeling stronger and my wellbeing is good so thats all the reward I need for myself at the moment (plus an extra 20m off the tee)
by Dutchy
Fri May 12, 2023 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 2

Jimmy_041 wrote:The colleges put a crapload of funding into the football programme
The college coaches are as good as, if not, better.

College footy is all about prestige and rivalry, it has zero to do with the kids development
by Dutchy
Wed May 17, 2023 11:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

In positive news George Wardlaw makes his debut, pick 4 from last year, looking forward to seeing him go around
by Dutchy
Thu May 18, 2023 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 10

Melbourne play the better footy, but only for one quarter, Port the better team on the night, good game of footy to watch
by Dutchy
Fri May 19, 2023 11:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Got a late invite to West Lakes tomorrow, looking forward to seeing how the 2 iron goes again
by Dutchy
Sat May 20, 2023 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

3 gym visits in the last 50 hours, never thought Id like the gym as much as Im am and can see why some get addicted.

Ive made a decision to not step on the scales as I don't want to be ruled by the numbers, I want my measure to be my wellness and feeling stronger, if I keep this focus Im sure I will lose the Kenneth George's, focus on the process not the scoreboard.

Its only been 3 weeks but feeling pretty good, we have 2 steps in our house and with my bad knees I have been taking them one step at a time recently, however now I fly up and down them, something small but Ill take that as a win.
by Dutchy
Fri May 19, 2023 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Season 2023

No way Hardwick coaches next year, I reckon this is a big chance he doesn't coach again - a senior type role, ala Mark Williams, would fit him perfectly
by Dutchy
Tue May 23, 2023 11:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:Fevola running with Hardwick at Carlton next year.

How does he hold any relevance? The bloke has made more bad decisions than I’ve made good ones.

Seeing him promoting an online bookie earlier this year was the end of him for me, just incredible.
by Dutchy
Thu May 25, 2023 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Where does carey drink on a Tuesday night until 2.30am?

Work
Ale House
Albion
A Tennis club somewhere
Some randoms house

In order.

:lol: this is fantastic
by Dutchy
Thu May 25, 2023 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Id take 2 beanies :lol: those hand warmer things are pretty helpful also

Found my summary of my St Andrews visit here - viewtopic.php?f=61&t=19996&p=2287077&hilit=st+andrews#p2287077

As a lover of links courses its one of the best Ive played I reckon.

Enjoy
by Dutchy
Thu May 25, 2023 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Speaking of BBQ's anyone got a Weber Q? Just ordered one as a service award gift, there was nothing else in the catalogue that appealed so it was the best option
by Dutchy
Mon May 29, 2023 8:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Stirling on Sunday with a group of mates, winner gets the Brown Jacket.

I shuddered when the current holder of the jacket booked Stirling as it an be soggy up there at the best of times, forecast looks good though so hopefully it will be alright. Used to play up there a lot when I was young, not a huge fan due to the lack of par 5's.

West Lakes 2 weekends ago was pretty ordinary, parred the 1st and then didn't register a par for the rest of the round, putter let me down big time, 45 putts for a 97 overall off the stick, didn't one putt any green.

Only highlight was putting a 4 iron within 2 metres of the pin on the par 3 175m 16th, which I proceeded to 3 putt for a bogey :lol:
by Dutchy
Wed May 31, 2023 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Worst golf for quite sometime today, 19 pts (yes 18 holes) :lol:

Stirling has dropped away significantly, its in pretty horrific condition, certainly only a summer course also.
by Dutchy
Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

oh ffs, my mate booked it all - I told him to check out the online deals!

unlikely there will be a next time for quite a while
by Dutchy
Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Worst golf for quite sometime today, 19 pts (yes 18 holes) [emoji38]

Stirling has dropped away significantly, its in pretty horrific condition, certainly only a summer course also.
How much is a round up there?

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

was $66 for round and cart.
by Dutchy
Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 ICC World Test Championship Final

Only one draw in the last 15 years at The Oval (2013 Ashes and there was going to be a result but bad light intervened), that being said weather on Day 4 & 5 is not great and reserve day can only be used to catch up on overs lost - they cant use the day to play until there is a result. Reserve day weather looks worse than Day 4 & 5.

Can see us getting aggressive tonight and having a good 45 odd overs at them on Day 2.
by Dutchy
Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

and I thought the joke was that Eddie said it was a Freemantle player Degoey hit
by Dutchy
Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
shoe boy wrote:Not looking forward to listening to Nasser Hussain commentating the Ashes if last night was his standard!

Yet you walked past Langer and Hayden. :lol:

Langer was horrible
by Dutchy
Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Weather forecast has improved dramatically, Draw backers filthy :lol:
by Dutchy
Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Boland is so good, bowls within his means and to his strengths, never see him trying to do something that isn't in his wheelhouse
by Dutchy
Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 13

Another Josh Carr masterpiece
by Dutchy
Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton

Bye bye Voss. Sign up a proven coach. Pay the big bucks and let him have full reign and make it long term. Stop getting spud players and the coach will **** off the shit **** and hopefully get them into a better position. What a shit club.

I think the evidence is in that their issues go a lot deeper than the coaches they have had in charge, probblem is you have a board/admin that will never have the guts to look inward and do something about it and the coach will cop it....again
by Dutchy
Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFLW Season 2023

well done Dogs, looked a really good crowd there, makes you think how good some finals at local grounds would be
by Dutchy
Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFLW Season 2023

well done Dogs, looked a really good crowd there, makes you think how good some finals at local grounds would be
Are you saying the SANFL should charge half price entry for finals at home grounds???

Makes a mockery of the SANFL men’s product

If the women can play the GF at suburban grounds then minor finals in the men's comp should be a lock, just look at Glenelg yesterday
by Dutchy
Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: US Open

How good to have a West Coast Major, Round 4 will go most of Monday morning 8)
by Dutchy
Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You know you're nearing 50 in Adelaide, when you remembe

Why did you need one Dutchy, I'm almost 53 and have never needed one.
I'm actually amazed despite my lifestyle how I'm rarely sick compared to people in their 20s and 30s.

Grandfather died from Bowel cancer and my Dad and cousin have had it. As a family we did Genetic testing and I have the gene which makes me high risk so much better to be safe than sorry, worst bit of the whole day was the preparation.

Piece of mind is worth it.
by Dutchy
Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 2023

Cricket times are so stupid, surely you start at least half hour early this morning and play an extra hour tonight, its light until 9.30pm over there atm!
by Dutchy
Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

thats just :oops: :oops: bloody Marnus "I heard something" :roll:
by Dutchy
Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Lobey might be struggling on field but their Charcoal Smoked Chicken Burger was the best feed Ive had for a long time at the footy, having a smoker as part of the BBQ set up was a level Ive never seen before!
by Dutchy
Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

never seen 2 teams talking so much during a test match, dont like it.
by Dutchy
Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jim05 wrote:Some Melbourne media reportedly saying that Dew will be gone by the end of the months and that Hardwick will coach the Suns next year

Just remember its Caro saying this
by Dutchy
Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Under 18s and Under 16s

Sturt's home games moved to Thebarton this week due to state of Unley Oval
by Dutchy
Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Going to get out and play somewhere on Sunday with the good weather and son has a bye in footy, in a fortnights time we are heading to KI and going to hit the Kingscote scrapes! Going to head out and take a look at the Cliffs site also if I get the chance
by Dutchy
Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is Booney on holiday? :lol: ;)
by Dutchy
Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Under 18s and Under 16s

Well done to Westies u18s who have started the season 0-13 and played the top team today and won.
by Dutchy
Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

https://www.dartfish.tv/Player?CR=p1342 ... 26m8189686

21.50, how is this not a report? would be 3 weeks down the hill
by Dutchy
Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Going to KI for the first time since I was a kid on Sunday for 5 days, any suggestions for pubs, must see's/do's etc?
by Dutchy
Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Kids day drinking in my backyard when Im trying to get work up to date to go on leave
by Dutchy
Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2023

Crazy that with concussion the biggest issue/risk facing the game in the modern era that there isn't independent doctors at every game. And this is in no way saying the Port Doctor did the wrong thing, it sounds like Allir passed all the tests during the game as well as post game. Just take these decisions away from the clubs so there is no conflict.
by Dutchy
Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |